The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What you think about the project?
It's awesome! I NEED to play it! 201 61.28%
Its great, maybe ill use the userbar. 27 8.23%
Its good, like the others in this forum. 61 18.60%
Below average. 15 4.57%
I don't like it ¬¬ 24 7.32%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted May 2nd, 2009 (10:16 AM).
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
That map looks amazing and the palette goes with it really well o_0
Old Posted May 2nd, 2009 (10:59 AM).
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
This look's really cool, i love the world map and the graphic's.
Good luck!!
Old Posted May 3rd, 2009 (12:50 PM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
In what way is it boring around here guys. As the saying goes, you get what you put into it guys. If you have any suggestions feel free to PM me or Avatar.
You know, things were funnier when the criticizers were here (hPoke and Delta/AZ). It has nthing to do with the moderation team or anything ^^. (Btw you're doing a great job, that tag thing was a good idea)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
The map looks great. The only thing that really bothers me about it is that it doesn't really flow that well. Every route just leads to a dead end (or a route that leads to a dead end). I'm fairly sure you wouldn't want to do this, but just adding some small routes between some towns and cities to connect them would make navigating the map without Fly much better (and thus make gameplay flow better, too). Anyway, nice job on the map.

EDIT:
I know, I really shouldn't have done this, but I edited your map as an example of what I mean. Of course, I added a bit too much.

If you want me to remove it, I would be more than obliged.
I liked it, I just won't keep the ones in the west, since they are supposed to be isolated... Thanks ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrPlusle View Post
I don't mind it. :3 I rather like what you've done with the north-central part of the region-- which, iirc, hasn't been mapped yet. We could make players have to travel the long way to get to the northern city, where they'd get an HM and then would be able to travel the more direct way back.

Some parts of the region I rather like better when left in isolation, though-- in particular, Nowtoch (the red city to the west) has a gimmick of being in extreme isolation; the only way to get to it on foot being to travel through a cave. (NPCs remark on this frequently.) And that's not to say that Fly will be the only method of regional transport...

Also, the yellow places are volcanoes and rather supposed to be left in isolation, with only one path to get there.

But thanks! ^^
Oh, I missed your post Zeph ^^. And yeah, your right about fly.
Old Posted May 12th, 2009 (02:53 PM).
<~F.M.P~>

Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Woah...Ummm When's the next update JV? You haven't mentioned anything about it and it's been quite a while since your last one.
Old Posted May 15th, 2009 (02:26 AM).
Skara
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Timid
What tools did you use?
I must know ROFL
Old Posted May 15th, 2009 (03:19 AM).
Soul.//Silver

Nature: Jolly
If you mean tools as in hacking tools, then I will happily inform you that this is NOT a "hack" but a "game (as in: made in RMXP, RM2k3, Sphere etc)". Next time, read the title of the thread (in this case it says [RMXP] Pokemon Uranium, which means its made in RPG Maker XP).

Edit: Just a suggestion ~JV~, its about the first post CSS. You should change the CSS so not every single letter is a capital, it just looks nicer when someone is viewing it when every single letter isn't a capital.
Old Posted May 22nd, 2009 (01:18 AM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~F.M.P~> View Post
Woah...Ummm When's the next update JV? You haven't mentioned anything about it and it's been quite a while since your last one.
Yeah it has been awhile since I last did a big one. Seeing how that thread is "active", I think you just don't deserve it right now, despite Uranium development is at full speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skara View Post
What tools did you use?
I must know ROFL
For doing what? The game? RMXP, btw, it's not a tool, it's a program used to make games from "scratch".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
If you mean tools as in hacking tools, then I will happily inform you that this is NOT a "hack" but a "game (as in: made in RMXP, RM2k3, Sphere etc)". Next time, read the title of the thread (in this case it says [RMXP] Pokemon Uranium, which means its made in RPG Maker XP).

Edit: Just a suggestion ~JV~, its about the first post CSS. You should change the CSS so not every single letter is a capital, it just looks nicer when someone is viewing it when every single letter isn't a capital.
Thx for the suggestion ^^. I changed the font on the first post.

Well, like Malachite, we lost one good spriter (PichuK)(Malachite lost 3 though lol). She vanished from my msn roster and also is almost inactive at the forum she frequents one month ago, we are still using her sprites and I believe she will get back sometime, but we need someone to replace her. If there is any spriter interested, plz get in contact with me.
Old Posted May 30th, 2009 (06:10 PM).
xXRoXx
Beginning Trainer

Looks realy good!When this game have a demo, I wanna play it!

(if something is wrong with my english, ignore it, I'm Brazilian, and my english is precarious)
Old Posted May 31st, 2009 (03:15 AM).
np7261
Exceeding Excpectations

Nature: Gentle
Looks great. Keep up the good work!

VISIT MY SCRATCH SPRITE THREAD

Old Posted June 3rd, 2009 (09:29 AM). Edited June 4th, 2009 by ~JV~.
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXRoXx View Post
Looks realy good!When this game have a demo, I wanna play it!

(if something is wrong with my english, ignore it, I'm Brazilian, and my english is precarious)
I'm brazilian as well. That doesn't mean your english is bad or anything like that, just keep training it xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by np7261 View Post
Looks great. Keep up the good work!
Thx.

THE RETURN:

Hey guys it has been some time since the last update. Sry for not making a big one before.. it was probably because I was upset by the fact that this thread is dying and I wasn't getting no comments or criticizing. But I feel it's the right time to change that and shine again =D. Well that will be the biggest update in Uranium's history and probably one of the biggest one here on GD community this year. It includes 2 videos, a lot of sprites, information etc. Have fun!

Contents:

-The new animated title screen.
-Some custom music.
-Pokédex revealed.
-The new and final trainer test.
-A more interactive world.
-The female trainer.

NEW TITLE SCREEN:

The first titlescreen the game first had was made by OG and it looked amazing, but it got a bit outdated and changed my plans about it... That new one looks more like a pokémon game one. Since it's animated, here is a video of it:

As you can see, there is the game main legendary silhouette there! You won't see his sprite any time soon though, that will be all I will show about him. Also, that bg music is a remix made by me, so yes, it's exclusive. Oh, the title screen isn't final yet, I have to fix the 2004-gamefreak thing as well improve the effect a bit.

MORE MUSIC:

Well as far as I know, Uranium is the only game which all musics are going to be exclusive remixes with tropical feeling. I hope you like them. To listen to them just click on the links, you don't need to download it or anything!! (I added the ones from the last update so who didn't hear them last time can do it now)

-Moki Town: click here!

-Route 01: click here!

-Kevlar Town: click here!

-Nowtoch City: click here!

-Wild Pokémon Battle 01: click here!

-Trainer Pokémon Battle 01: click here!

-Burole City: click here!

-Route 04: click here!

-Rochfale Town: click here!

-Wild Pokémon Battle 02: click here!

As you see, thats a lot of music, I still have more but or they aren't done yet or I don't feel like showing them right now... Well, hope you liked...

POKÉDEX REVEALED:

Well, I decided to show that since it looks like is what people most like to see (ahem Malachite updates), these ones are only the pokémon that you can already battle/catch in game, that means there are still a lot of pokémon to come (check the update banner for some). I'm sure that these are the best quality fakemon pokédex of any active game here on PC, I'd like to see someone attempting to prove I'm wrong. Well, here is it:

001- Orchynx

ORCHYNX is always seen stealing rings and other metal items. It adds them to its armor by injesting them.

002- Metalynx

METALYNX stalk their prey in packs. Their tail blades are brutally sharp, and are their main weapon.

003- Flager

The size of the flame on FLAGER's tail indicates if it is close to evolving. Some Flager will intentionally eat flammable items to make it bigger.

004- Inflagetah

INFLAGETAHs are some of the fastest known Pokemon on earth, able to outrun even a RAPIDASH. They can reach speeds up to 130 MPH.

005- Eletux

ELETUX is capable of generating strong magnetic fields around its feet and tail that allow it to walk on water.

006- Eletruxo

ELETRUXOs can use the elecrtomagnetic waves they generate as radar. This allows them to see even in pitch darkness.

007- Chynmunk

The length of a CHYINMUNK's stripes determines its authority in a group.

008- Kinetmunk

KINETMUNK dig intricate tunnels that can stretch for miles underground.

012- Owten

OWTENS are mainly seen at night, when they are looking for berries and other individuals of its species.

013- Eshowten

ESHOWTENs are shy and elusive, found only at night around mountains. Their incredible eyesight allows them to see clearly up to a mile away.

014- Barewl

BAREWLS are only seen in caves and in mountains. They dig small holes in the ground where they rest.

015- Gararewl

GARAREWs often have to leave the cave that they grew up in as BAREWLs, because caves are seldom able to accommodate its massive size.

016- Grozard

GROZARDS are always seen playing with DIGLETTS and BAREWLS. Their snakelike body is almost always partially underground.

017- Terlard

TERLARDs live only in deep caves and volcanoes. They fear the light, so trainers seldom bring them outside.

019- Dunseraph

In legends it is known as the "sky guardian." It can alter the air pressure around itself.

020- Fartog

This pokemon is rarely seen walking because of its weight. Rather, it rolls to get anywhere. They are often found at the bottoms of lakes.

021- Folerog

FOLEROGs can't swim but they need to remain damp to survive, so they are found in grasslands next to rivers and lakes.

022- Blubelrog

BLUBELROGs are the masters of the calm water, they normally live together in the bottom of lakes or around them.

023- Smore

This small pokémon is totally inoffensive; they will often approach picnics, but that's just because they want attention. Some people are afraid of them, though.

024- Firoke

Its belly is filled with super hot lava that it sprays at its opponent through the nozzle on its abdomen. Its aim is precise.

030- Sponee

SPONEE are covered by a bizarre spongelike material. When dropped, they bounce.

031- Sponareech

The sponge-like skin of this Pokémon is found in all parts of the ocean. How this Pokemon survives in salt water is a mystery.

032- Brailip

This pokemon is known for being really intelligent. He can't swim fast, but he also can hide in corals.

033- Baashaun

True to its elemental nature, it loves to fight, and uses dark-type attacks to destroy its foes. They are found in gangs of 20 or more.

034- Baaschaf

Now that it is able to stand on two legs, it can use more kicking and punching attacks. Unlike it's preevolution, however, it's rather playful.

035- Baariette

It is capable of great destruction with a single attack. Because of this, there cannot be more than one living in an area.

036- Pahar

PAHAR are intelligent and are commonly kept as pets. They can even be taught to talk, although not to the degree of CHATOT.

037- Palij

PALIJ's curiously-shaped feathers allow it to create friction in the air as it flaps its wings. Sparks trail off of its feathers when it flies.

038- Pajay

Every year, massive flocks of PAHAR and PALIJ migrate from Tandor to the Orange Islands. A PAJAY leads each one.

039- Tancoon

TANCOONs are mischievous, and are known to steal food from small pokémon or journeying trainers.

040- Tanscure

In the wild TANSCURE live in packs. They cooperate with their packmates to hunt for food and care for Tancoon.

That really took a lot of time lol, hope you like them, critics on the sprites would be much appreciated ^^! Btw, the numbers I jumped are of official pokémon.

THE NEW TRAINER TEST:

The trainer test event, for sure it was what I most revamped on this game, I can't even count how many times I did it... The final result turned out to be really good and also innovative, since I created a way to show cutscenes never seen in any fangame here before. That is special for me, so let´s compare how it was before and how it is now.

That first video shows how it was before, back in November 2008 (The test part start at 2:50):

Now the new one =D:

As you can see, the event has changed a lot. Now the screen gets darker and the characters sprite show up, they talk, express emotions (only Theo) like happiness, sadness etc. When you're about to receive the starter, the pokémon sprites show up and start to glow xD. Well, hope you liked it, again, critic on the scene is appreciated.

THE TANDOR REGION:

There are a few things that I never told about Tandor. So here is a list:

~Each npc in the region has three or more speechs, making it a lot more interesting to talk to them, also they talk about other random npcs in the game:

~The region is big.. really big.. actually bigger than any other region in the pokémon games, each little square on the region map is equivalent to around 50x50 tiles maps. Take a look at the region map:

Now take a look at Tandors overworld so far (a few new maps missing):

Isn't it beaultiful xD? Well, I hope you can locate that on the region map by yourselves. Criticism on it is appreciated. Btw, that image was reduced to 12,5% of it's original size.

THE HEROINE REVEALED:

A few weeks ago, Zephyr designed and sprited the heroine of the game! I really liked her, mainly because she has a different look (and hair xD). Her ows aren't ready yet because noone on our team like/know to sprite them well... Here is she:

Well... thats the update (I'm tired of typing =/). One last thing, we are still searching for someone who can sprite decently and also for a OW spriter, we need a lot of ows and it has been really hard to find someone who can make them. I hope that showing a bit of the game work help a bit.

Kudos to Zeph for working hard on so many sprites and texts (pokemon descriptions), also to Zorin for most of the fakemon and PichuK for some as well. Erh and me for the other things. I'm expecting some nice comments here xD, cya~

~JV~

Old Posted June 3rd, 2009 (12:50 PM).
h POKE
angry kid and a keyboard

Alright, well, allow me to go old school on this.

Title Screen- For the most part, it looks very finished and professional. However, don't you think the part that flashes on the silhouette should be shaded?

I wasn't able to listen to the music because I don't have Quicktime installed...

Sprites- Some are good some are not. The main problems I see, and I know I'm being a little hypercritical here, are with the colors on the sprites. Specifically, I think that Firoke and Baashaun are too dark; in the game, they would probably cause a lot of contrast with the menu backgrounds.

Furthermore, I think you Kinetmunk would work better as a normal/ground (it digs tunnels), with the same colors as Chynmunk. Pahar has a similar problem; its base color is far darker than its more evolved forms, which makes it seem out of place in the chain.

The trainer test is an interesting concept, but you probably would want a way for the player to decide on a pokemon themselves if they don't get the one they want. Also, will Theo always get the type disadvantage to the pokemon you choose?

The new female sprite- looks small... or maybe it's just me.
And, are you planning to redo all the OWs, or are you just going to make a few new ones?
Old Posted June 3rd, 2009 (01:11 PM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Comments in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h POKE View Post
Alright, well, allow me to go old school on this.

Title Screen- For the most part, it looks very finished and professional. However, don't you think the part that flashes on the silhouette should be shaded?
I see your point, I'll check that with Zeph.

I wasn't able to listen to the music because I don't have Quicktime installed...
Oh, you have a mac right? If not than all you need is windows media player o_o.

Sprites- Some are good some are not. The main problems I see, and I know I'm being a little hypercritical here, are with the colors on the sprites. Specifically, I think that Firoke and Baashaun are too dark; in the game, they would probably cause a lot of contrast with the menu backgrounds.
I don't think Firoke is really that dark, but I have to agree about Baashaun, I'll see what we can do, but thats low priority right now.

Furthermore, I think you Kinetmunk would work better as a normal/ground (it digs tunnels), with the same colors as Chynmunk Nah..., I'll change the description. The problem is that there are already too many ground pokémon in the early game. Pahar has a similar problem; its base color is far darker than its more evolved forms, which makes it seem out of place in the chain. See Charmeleon for example, it's red is much darker than his prevo and evo.

The trainer test is an interesting concept, but you probably would want a way for the player to decide on a pokemon themselves if they don't get the one they want. Also, will Theo always get the type disadvantage to the pokemon you choose?
Yes, he will always get the type disadvantage, its really easy to figure out which pokémon you will got. More agressive like answers you get Flager (Magmar, agressive, fame and money, hyper beam...), with more pacific like ones you get Orchynx (blissey, defensive, protect, make new friends...) and answering the borderline ones you get Eletux.

The new female sprite- looks small... or maybe it's just me.
And, are you planning to redo all the OWs, or are you just going to make a few new ones?
Yeah it's a bit small, but not THAT small, you probably got a bit too used to the d/p ones =p. Well, first I need to find someone to make them for me, and yes, I'd be willing to change the hero ow at least. I'm probably leaving Theo and Bamb'o the same though.
Thx for the criticizing ^^.
Old Posted June 3rd, 2009 (03:35 PM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Nice update buddy! It was really good. The game is coming along real well. Keep it up. It was very big my favorites lol
Old Posted June 3rd, 2009 (04:09 PM).
Evilpkmn
Evilmad says Bonjour

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evilpkmn
This game is just....beautiful....
Old Posted June 3rd, 2009 (06:43 PM).
Tropiking
Beginning Trainer

I posted my fakemon on TCoD forums if you want to add them to the Pokedex. I'm not sure if you're saving more Pokemon for another update...
Old Posted June 4th, 2009 (08:10 AM). Edited June 5th, 2009 by DaVici.
DaVici
DeEmpo

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DaVici
The update is great! I'm really looking forward to the beta!

The titlescreen seems almost perfect to me, but it disturbs me a bit that the "fire" in the background looks so un-fluish XD

In the trainertest, is Bamb-o's feet supposed to hide behind the text bar?

024- Firoke and
031- Sponareech
are looking like the same pokemon, wouldn't it be better when Sponareech would be looking more blue-ish?
My computer loaded the images uncorrect... XD
But I saw something else: In the battlescene with the Sponareech the name is "Sponaree". However, you named it in pokedex update "Sponareech". Which is the right one?

For the rest, everything is perfect, and those thingies above are only points on the i... Keep up the good work!

Pokemon Warped

Pokemon Xenotime

Pokemon Malachite

Pokemon Super Rising Thunder

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Pokemon Sienna

Pokemon Identity

Pokemon Chronicles: Sands of time
Old Posted June 8th, 2009 (12:48 AM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
Nice update buddy! It was really good. The game is coming along real well. Keep it up. It was very big my favorites lol
Thx dude xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilpkmn View Post
This game is just....beautiful....
Thx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropiking View Post
I posted my fakemon on TCoD forums if you want to add them to the Pokedex. I'm not sure if you're saving more Pokemon for another update...
Oh sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleon-111 View Post
The update is great! I'm really looking forward to the beta!

The titlescreen seems almost perfect to me, but it disturbs me a bit that the "fire" in the background looks so un-fluish XD

In the trainertest, is Bamb-o's feet supposed to hide behind the text bar?

024- Firoke and
031- Sponareech
are looking like the same pokemon, wouldn't it be better when Sponareech would be looking more blue-ish?
My computer loaded the images uncorrect... XD
But I saw something else: In the battlescene with the Sponareech the name is "Sponaree". However, you named it in pokedex update "Sponareech". Which is the right one?

For the rest, everything is perfect, and those thingies above are only points on the i... Keep up the good work!
lol, sry for not replying before, well, about the fire... I'm still trying to find out how they did it in Fr/Lg, didn't catch it yet. Now about Firoke and Sponareech (thats the correct name), they have different sprites, the thing was that I uploaded the wrong one, so your pc loaded the correctly one, but I edited the post as soon as I saw your post =p.
Old Posted June 12th, 2009 (05:06 AM).
dark jamie
Beginning Trainer

I will help you if you want me to
Attached Thumbnails
new pokemon sprites.png‎  
Old Posted June 16th, 2009 (09:58 AM).
V i n c æ n t
Italian Hacker !

Wow , good job , but i don't like the trees' tiles ...
However , really a nice work !
Old Posted June 16th, 2009 (08:57 PM).
Arcelio
This was a triumph.

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Yahoo to Arcelio
I'm loving the way the game is looking. I can't wait to play it. The pokemon you created are pretty unique. I wonder how they'll handle in battle? Well, later!

Current Challenges

Song of the Week

Old Posted June 18th, 2009 (07:04 PM).
<~F.M.P~>

A new update's coming soon huh? I really look forward to it, You better not be lying to me when you say BIG!! >.> lol
Old Posted June 19th, 2009 (12:01 AM). Edited June 19th, 2009 by The Prince of Sweet Sorrow.
The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
Ρελεντλεσσ
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
That is awesome,JV!Don't forget to add me to the team. ;D

Theres a bug though:
Spoiler:
Old Posted June 24th, 2009 (10:53 AM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Maverick View Post
That is awesome,JV!Don't forget to add me to the team. ;D

Theres a bug though:
Spoiler:
The alpha version I sent you is already a bit outdated, that bug has already been corrected. And yes, he is in the team, he is our ow spriter =D. I'll add you on the list as soon as I feel like editing the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~F.M.P~> View Post
A new update's coming soon huh? I really look forward to it, You better not be lying to me when you say BIG!! >.> lol
I think you missed it, the big update I was talking about was the last one lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcelio View Post
I'm loving the way the game is looking. I can't wait to play it. The pokemon you created are pretty unique. I wonder how they'll handle in battle? Well, later!
Thanks =p. I think I and Zeph are doing a good work on that area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by V i n c æ n t View Post
Wow , good job , but i don't like the trees' tiles ...
However , really a nice work !
Thx for the critic, it would be good if you could be more specific though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark jamie View Post
I will help you if you want me to
No. I normally only accept people at the team when it's needed.
Old Posted June 26th, 2009 (10:47 AM).
crdm
Beginning Trainer

could you maybe help me with my hack?
Old Posted June 29th, 2009 (04:17 AM).
The Sceptile King
Just came back from a break!

Nature: Lax
i have a few sprites .
Attached Thumbnails
rocky.jpg‎   psycoal.jpg‎  
Quick Reply