The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What you think about the project?
It's awesome! I NEED to play it! 201 61.28%
Its great, maybe ill use the userbar. 27 8.23%
Its good, like the others in this forum. 61 18.60%
Below average. 15 4.57%
I don't like it ¬¬ 24 7.32%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 4th, 2009, 10:13 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>

Advertise here
You've been doing a great Job so far JV. Keep it going and I hope everything turns out perfectly the way you want it tomorrow Good luck man. looking forward to the demo.
Old October 5th, 2009, 08:11 AM
pokedex master
Mr.pokedex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pokedex master
i've got tons of ideas for pokemon if you need help with that

i've got tons of ideas for pokemon if you need help with that

Last edited by pokedex master; October 5th, 2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Ray Maverick
Hit me up!
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Maverick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
Well, I thought about your offer and I decided that no, I don't want you to map for me =/. Thats one thing I like doing myself, in my own style and technique... but I would be very grateful if you continue making o/ws for the game.
Okies, JV. Its your game, you can do whatever you want, and i think you're right. ';D
I don't have time even to help myself though. I'm always busy with something else than hacking/ o/w spriting. '=(

"I'm surrounded by capable Pokemon who don't need me in battle. If they get themselves bloodied, and I am clean by the end of the battle, how long before they start questioning my bravery?"
- Garland Fordring, leader of the Exathian Gold Tribe

Old October 5th, 2009, 02:19 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~

~Pokémon Uranium Demo Release~

Today is probably one of the most special days in my life (ok, I had a lot of better days), thats my first real accomplishment in rmxp, it's the first time I release anything to public. What can make things even more special? Well, today is also Uranium's first year birthday! Yes, 5th of October of 2008 I opened rmxp and clicked in the new project button, here it is xD. Well, I know you all only want to play the game and have some fun so here a few things I'd like you to do for me...

-Report any bugs you find posting here.
-Don't desencrypt it for gods sake.
-If there is any problem in your playthrough, feel free to ask here.
-Have loads of fun.
-Appreciate all the custom pokémon, music and tiles =].

Yes, thats it, also, I think that is a really stable version of the game, you won't have problems playing through it...

~Donwload Link~: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jqtmwtzwzdv

Old October 5th, 2009, 02:37 PM
cadgod120
Your Rival

Hooray! A demo! I can download this and play straight away or do I have to get a certain program first?

Also, Check out my DeviantART account! Check out my newest deviation HERE! It's a support banner for Pokémon Malachite! :D

Need a banner made for your game or hack, or even a personal banner? I can help! Send me a PM telling me about your game or hack and we'll work something out!

Games and/or hacks I support:
Spoiler:

Old October 5th, 2009, 02:44 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Excellent Job JV. Getting it now. Oh CAD you don't need any other program. Just unpack and enjoy
Old October 5th, 2009, 02:58 PM
cadgod120
Your Rival

I found one thing already, but I will save that for the final critique.

But I do have a question. What are the controls?

EDIT: Never mind. Found it.

Also, Check out my DeviantART account! Check out my newest deviation HERE! It's a support banner for Pokémon Malachite! :D

Need a banner made for your game or hack, or even a personal banner? I can help! Send me a PM telling me about your game or hack and we'll work something out!

Spoiler:

Last edited by cadgod120; October 5th, 2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Found what was needed.
Old October 5th, 2009, 03:04 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadgod120 View Post
I found one thing already, but I will save that for the final critique.

But I do have a question. What are the controls?
Arrow keys to move, space for select, z for running and x for menu and cancelling.
Old October 5th, 2009, 06:44 PM
cadgod120
Your Rival

Ok, I played for an hour and got all the way to Kevlar Town and decided to call it a night, not before writing my critique, however. I'll start with what needs to be worked on. And then I'll move on to the stuff that I thought was awesome.

1. I'll start with spelling errors. Pretty much every time I saw the work Pokémon (or anything that started with Poké), it was misspelled, either pokemon or Pokemon, etc. If you dont know how to get the é, just press the Alt Key+130.

2. Having a conversation with the lady by the lab, she says, "My daughter is a trainer, did you know? she is training her TINEAD in Route 01." It should read, "My daughter is a trainer, did you know? She is training her TINEAD on Route 01."

3. In the tall grass after your first battle with a wild Pokémon, Professor Bamb'o talks to you. His last line is, "Ok, ill let you go, bye." Change to, "Ok, I'll let you go. Bye."

Ok, now onto what I saw from the get go.
1. The transition from the opening cutscene (which I found that I couldn't skip when watching it again) to the title screen was very sudden. I saw that it changed and I did a double take. I was like, "What?"

2. I ran through the Controls tutorial. When showing the arrows, the left and right arrows were reversed (left pointing right, right pointing left).

3. Also in the Controls tutorial, I found it hard to read the text. The background was too bright, and the text too dark.

4. Going downstairs to see my aunt, I saw that her sprite was one of the rather young looking ones. Isn't she retired?

5. In the Diamond Menu, I thought it was weird having my character face wherever the cursor was facing.

6. On Route 01, your first trainer battle is against what looks like a little boy. When I was challenged to battle, the sprite is of a schoolgirl!

7. I don't like that you can't see the number of HP your Pokémon has in battle.

8. I lost a battle against a Mankey in the wild, and it said that I panicked and lost 48 Pokédollars! This was a bit odd.

9. In Kevlar Town, there was an old man near the Pokémon Center who told me a very dry joke. The joke isn't making me write this one, it's the fact that he's old and he said dude! It was highly illogical, yet strangely funny.

10. Only one glitch (that I found at least). In Kevlar's Pokémart, you can walk into the black part of the place (only one square in) on either side of the exit.

11. You can't enter the two houses east of the Pokémart in Kevlar.

12. Flager's (the Pokémon I got from the test) backsprite is incomplete. There's a chunk of the sprite missing.

Ok, the bad stuff is over. Now for the things that made me LOL.

1. I talked to the Hero's game system, and he said, "Oh man, I need a new video game system, like the Wii." Oh yeah, that had a spelling mistake as well, the I was an i.

2. When your aunt gives you the shoes, she gives you "the shoes and a kiss." I thought that was great.

3. The slogans on the town signs were funny and original.

Now for the good stuff.

1. The Diamond Menu. I'm still getting used to it. Other than that, what else can I say?

2. The sounds made by walking in tall grass and walking near water. Really nice way of getting them to sound louder as you get closer.

3. The lamplights. A little startling at first, but still good.

4. The first thing I noticed when I stepped outside was the cloud shadow from overhead. Excellent work.

5. After getting the Poképod, I checked out its applications. Amazingl map. I'm going to have a lot of fun traveling this region.

6. Probably my favorite, the radio. I expected it to be something along the lines of the radio in Gold and Silver. Then I saw that it was an iPod, and I was thrown for a huge loop. I loved it instantly. The only suggestion, though, is to make the iPod a bit larger. It was hard reading some of the text.

7. Last, is the battle graphics. I noticed that Ember was totally different. Love it.

So that's it. My review of an hour of Pokémon Uranium. I'm definitely taking this to school tomorrow on my flash drive.

Continue with the completely stunning work, guys. Can't wait to get back to playing.

Spoiler:

Old October 5th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Pika'chu500
Beginning Trainer

Oh by the way, when I tried to fish it restarted the game all over again and I was like?!?
seriously I was getting attached to my Pokemon.
I had the Grass starter nicknamed Pikabud. a Mankey nicknamed Rage and a cute little bat thing named Toxy.
I was on Route 103, I think when the error happened; oh the levels were Pikabud-10, Mankey-11, Toxy-10.
Also I'm going to try again and I want to know if Toxy can evolve?

Old October 6th, 2009, 01:05 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Ok, I played for an hour and got all the way to Kevlar Town and decided to call it a night, not before writing my critique, however. I'll start with what needs to be worked on. And then I'll move on to the stuff that I thought was awesome.

1. I'll start with spelling errors. Pretty much every time I saw the work Pokémon (or anything that started with Poké), it was misspelled, either pokemon or Pokemon, etc. If you dont know how to get the é, just press the Alt Key+130.

2. Having a conversation with the lady by the lab, she says, "My daughter is a trainer, did you know? she is training her TINEAD in Route 01." It should read, "My daughter is a trainer, did you know? She is training her TINEAD on Route 01."

3. In the tall grass after your first battle with a wild Pokémon, Professor Bamb'o talks to you. His last line is, "Ok, ill let you go, bye." Change to, "Ok, I'll let you go. Bye."
Well, thx for pointing this spelling errors, that relly helps me!

Ok, now onto what I saw from the get go.
1. The transition from the opening cutscene (which I found that I couldn't skip when watching it again) to the title screen was very sudden. I saw that it changed and I did a double take. I was like, "What?"
That opening cutscene isn't final xD, I'm still planning on what to do here.

2. I ran through the Controls tutorial. When showing the arrows, the left and right arrows were reversed (left pointing right, right pointing left).
I'll see that.

3. Also in the Controls tutorial, I found it hard to read the text. The background was too bright, and the text too dark.
I'll change that.

4. Going downstairs to see my aunt, I saw that her sprite was one of the rather young looking ones. Isn't she retired?
Well, to me eyes it doesn't look that young, but still, custom sprites are in the works...

5. In the Diamond Menu, I thought it was weird having my character face wherever the cursor was facing.
I added that propositaly =/, I liked it.

6. On Route 01, your first trainer battle is against what looks like a little boy. When I was challenged to battle, the sprite is of a schoolgirl!
Hehe, no, it's a girl overworld, but it looks different, I'll change that..

7. I don't like that you can't see the number of HP your Pokémon has in battle.
Well, I'll await more reviews to know what I'll do about that.

8. I lost a battle against a Mankey in the wild, and it said that I panicked and lost 48 Pokédollars! This was a bit odd.
What's odd here?

9. In Kevlar Town, there was an old man near the Pokémon Center who told me a very dry joke. The joke isn't making me write this one, it's the fact that he's old and he said dude! It was highly illogical, yet strangely funny.
I'm not changing that ;]

10. Only one glitch (that I found at least). In Kevlar's Pokémart, you can walk into the black part of the place (only one square in) on either side of the exit.
Thx for telling me, I'll fix it!

11. You can't enter the two houses east of the Pokémart in Kevlar.
Well, thats why I still haven't decided what to put there...

12. Flager's (the Pokémon I got from the test) backsprite is incomplete. There's a chunk of the sprite missing.
Really? Which chunk?

Ok, the bad stuff is over. Now for the things that made me LOL.

1. I talked to the Hero's game system, and he said, "Oh man, I need a new video game system, like the Wii." Oh yeah, that had a spelling mistake as well, the I was an i.

2. When your aunt gives you the shoes, she gives you "the shoes and a kiss." I thought that was great.
Hehehe =]

3. The slogans on the town signs were funny and original.
Credits to Zeph for them xD.

Now for the good stuff.

1. The Diamond Menu. I'm still getting used to it. Other than that, what else can I say?
Well, I love that system of mine and I hope everyone does as well =p.

2. The sounds made by walking in tall grass and walking near water. Really nice way of getting them to sound louder as you get closer.
I'm glad you liked.

3. The lamplights. A little startling at first, but still good.
Thx.

4. The first thing I noticed when I stepped outside was the cloud shadow from overhead. Excellent work.

5. After getting the Poképod, I checked out its applications. Amazingl map. I'm going to have a lot of fun traveling this region.
Well, seeing you're still in Kevlar, there is still a lot more to explore in Tandor!

6. Probably my favorite, the radio. I expected it to be something along the lines of the radio in Gold and Silver. Then I saw that it was an iPod, and I was thrown for a huge loop. I loved it instantly. The only suggestion, though, is to make the iPod a bit larger. It was hard reading some of the text.
Wow o_o! I wasn't expected anyone to like that feature...

7. Last, is the battle graphics. I noticed that Ember was totally different. Love it.

So that's it. My review of an hour of Pokémon Uranium. I'm definitely taking this to school tomorrow on my flash drive.

Continue with the completely stunning work, guys. Can't wait to get back to playing.
Many thanks, thats what I like getting and also what I would like everyone to do!! Keep making your reports sir =p

Comments in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika'chu500 View Post
Oh by the way, when I tried to fish it restarted the game all over again and I was like?!?
seriously I was getting attached to my Pokemon.
I had the Grass starter nicknamed Pikabud. a Mankey nicknamed Rage and a cute little bat thing named Toxy.
I was on Route 103, I think when the error happened; oh the levels were Pikabud-10, Mankey-11, Toxy-10.
Also I'm going to try again and I want to know if Toxy can evolve?
Yes, Toxy can evolve, good luck training it though, it will be hard... By the way, I didn't get how it restarted all over the game, you mean that it went to the titlescreen? Well, I'm sorry, but you should have saved the game =/, well at least it won't be too hard to remake your team.
Old October 6th, 2009, 01:30 AM
darkerarceus
Advanced RM2K3-er

I can say one thing... wow!
Even after 2 minutes of gameplay I love this.
Good Job JV!
Old October 6th, 2009, 01:46 AM
cadgod120
Your Rival

Seeing as there's only one question asked, I'll take care of that. A few rows of pixels can't be seen on Flager's backsprite. I would put in a screenshot, but 1. I don't know how to take a screenshot, and 2. I don't know how to put said screenshot in a post.

Spoiler:

Old October 6th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Yay, a demo.
I'll post random comments as I play.

After the intro I went into the option screen. When changing the frames after the 3rd one I got a run time error and the game froze.

For the intro speech, the pokemon coming in and out of the pokeball was too slow.

I'm loving the music so far.

The diamond menu was hard to control and very confusing. Like you left out some icons or something. Sometimes the cursor would jump 2 or 3 options ahead of what I wanted to click.

You were right in one of the last updates- the "3D" sound was a nice effect.
Good job adding it.

Tile errors? In RMXP? You guys have all that space (compared to the limit of Rm2k3's tilesets)- no excuse for errors

The character cutscene things are fun (talking about when the rival comes into the lab).
Music for it is fun as I said.
I would of rather to have a choice on which pokémon I got.

After getting my Pokémon the diamond menu became more annoying for me. There was a blank space but you could still click it for the pokedex.

The pokepod looks nice.

After only a few minutes of playtime (10) I got to run, so I saved my game and exited.
I look forward to playing more later.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old October 6th, 2009, 04:08 AM
ultron90
Beginning Trainer

hey i downloaded the demo... its awesome.. but i kinda got a weird problem. i copied the fonts into my computer system..but the game only has normal computer fonts... not pokemon fonts... am i doing something wrong?

Edit: I found a glitch. when i came out of the fisherman's house, i couldnt get in anymore.... its like the events changed places...

Pokémon Flint Forums!

Last edited by ultron90; October 6th, 2009 at 04:38 AM.
Old October 6th, 2009, 07:46 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Seeing as there's only one question asked, I'll take care of that. A few rows of pixels can't be seen on Flager's backsprite. I would put in a screenshot, but 1. I don't know how to take a screenshot, and 2. I don't know how to put said screenshot in a post.
Oh thx for explaining, just fixed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
Yay, a demo.
I'll post random comments as I play.

After the intro I went into the option screen. When changing the frames after the 3rd one I got a run time error and the game froze.
Well, thats because I decided to remove some of them, but forgot to remove them in the scripts as well...

For the intro speech, the pokemon coming in and out of the pokeball was too slow.
Ok, I'll speed up that.

I'm loving the music so far.
=]

The diamond menu was hard to control and very confusing. Like you left out some icons or something. Sometimes the cursor would jump 2 or 3 options ahead of what I wanted to click.
It isn't hard to control =/, all you need to do is press up to move the selector clockwise and down to move it the other way... Hmm it doesn't jump options with me..

You were right in one of the last updates- the "3D" sound was a nice effect.
Good job adding it.
I'm glad everyone is liking it.

Tile errors? In RMXP? You guys have all that space (compared to the limit of Rm2k3's tilesets)- no excuse for errors :P
=/, well thats probably the first map I ever made in this project, I guarantee you that there won't be many mapping errors after that one...

The character cutscene things are fun (talking about when the rival comes into the lab).
Music for it is fun as I said.
I would of rather to have a choice on which pokémon I got.
Well, I'm not changing the way you get the starter, but I could post a guide on answering the questions so you get the pokémon you want...

After getting my Pokémon the diamond menu became more annoying for me. There was a blank space but you could still click it for the pokedex.
Yeah, someone already reported that bug, I'll fix that.

The pokepod looks nice.
Thanks.

After only a few minutes of playtime (10) I got to run, so I saved my game and exited.
I look forward to playing more later.
comments in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultron90 View Post
hey i downloaded the demo... its awesome.. but i kinda got a weird problem. i copied the fonts into my computer system..but the game only has normal computer fonts... not pokemon fonts... am i doing something wrong?

Edit: I found a glitch. when i came out of the fisherman's house, i couldnt get in anymore.... its like the events changed places...
Well, it's probably your fault =/, I'll check out the glitch..
Old October 6th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

So I'm back home, here are some more comments for you.
<Remember, I'm just writing comments as I play, so some of this may have been said, but I'll be providing as much feedback as I can)

As for the diamond menu, it works better after getting my pokdex, but the whole beginning of the game with it was really buggy. Since there is only 4 options at the start, it would be handy if you could just use the up arrow to select the top one, right arrow to select the right etc.
And it's confusing for me because when the cursor is on the right hand side, down moves it up lol.

I think it was mentioned but the backsprite for Flager is too high up in battles.

Speaking of battles, nice background for the battle.

The mapping is well done. I thought I would get lost because there were no real paths on routes as such, but I found it easy to find my way around and backtrack too.

The trainers are providing a nice challenge along the routes.
I nearly lost to the bug catcher guy.
His last pokemon had a mewtwo cry when it died lol.

I walked into a house along the first route and grass animation played as I walked in the door.

I lost a trainer battle and can't call the menu....
Damn.
*Restarts*
more comments later

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old October 6th, 2009, 08:18 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
So I'm back home, here are some more comments for you.
<Remember, I'm just writing comments as I play, so some of this may have been said, but I'll be providing as much feedback as I can)

As for the diamond menu, it works better after getting my pokdex, but the whole beginning of the game with it was really buggy. Since there is only 4 options at the start, it would be handy if you could just use the up arrow to select the top one, right arrow to select the right etc.
And it's confusing for me because when the cursor is on the right hand side, down moves it up lol.

I think it was mentioned but the backsprite for Flager is too high up in battles.

Speaking of battles, nice background for the battle.

The mapping is well done. I thought I would get lost because there were no real paths on routes as such, but I found it easy to find my way around and backtrack too.

The trainers are providing a nice challenge along the routes.
I nearly lost to the bug catcher guy.
His last pokemon had a mewtwo cry when it died lol.

I walked into a house along the first route and grass animation played as I walked in the door.

I lost a trainer battle and can't call the menu....
Damn.
*Restarts*
more comments later
Well, thanks for the comments, but it's easy to solve your problem, the thing is that to make you unable to call the menu during events, I turn on a switch.. the problem is that when you lose a battle, that switch isn't turned off. All you need to do is to talk to someone or a sign, thats it.
Old October 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM
GMuser
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
---------------------------
Pokemon Uranium
Exception: RuntimeError

Section119:145:in `pbItemMenu'undefined method `pbEndScene' for nil:NilClass

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokemonUtilities:142:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonUtilities:142:in `pbItemMenu'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `eval'

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:254:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Game_CommonEvent:67:in `update'

Game_Map*:313:in `update'

Game_Map*:312:in `each'

Game_Map*:312:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
No. No, it's not OK.

I was in the cave with the ladder just before the gym leader town and tried to use that free escape rope I got. I didn't realise it had a different meaning than in the official games.
Old October 7th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Exiled~Shadow
Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow

Send a message via Yahoo to Exiled~Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Exiled~Shadow
Wow, i just realised, i just totally skipped the demo update when i was here last! But im downloading it now~ hehehee if dad lets me >_<

An untold tale of the high seas...
A tale of the dawn of exploration...
A tale that spans time...
A tale, never told before...

Pokémon: Age of Exploration
Coming Soon...

~~~~

Old October 7th, 2009, 11:36 PM
ultron90
Beginning Trainer

helo. i played in the trainer school and after i beat the boy with the nugget, i didnt get any nugget at all. and is it supposed to be put in the gym thing?

Pokémon Flint Forums!
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:50 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultron90 View Post
helo. i played in the trainer school and after i beat the boy with the nugget, i didnt get any nugget at all. and is it supposed to be put in the gym thing?
Well, I'll check that, and for the gym puzzle, you have to use your Rock Smash there... (in the gym) till you find something.
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Braemon
Trust No One

First off the concept is AWESOME!! im loving the demo! But here are some things i found wrong:

1. Re check all of the words in the professors opening speech, he says "working for be" instead of "for me"

2. I really like how the trainer follows the cursor!

3. Great English with everything! I only found the one mistake in the prof speech (the be instead of me) your grammar is impeccable!

4. during the black screen intro your use of a semi colon ( ; ) is not needed in this sentence: "...malfunction; they were in the process of..." take out the semi colon and say this instead "...malfunction as they were in the process of..." and take out the word "when... at the end of the sentence.

5. black screen after explosion sequence (flipping awesome btw) "aunt could no longer support a 13 year" you forgot the word old to make it 13 year old

6. the players room is too crowded, maybe take out the red stool in the middle of the floor

7. when you talk to the game system you should have it say "Man I really need a new console; like a Wii or something..."

8. LOL Aunt is soo young!! Aunt May anyone?? can you give the player a spiderman costume option? LOLZ

9. WOW I love the way the water gets louder as you get closer! Thats is great attention to detail!

10. If we started in Kevlar, why then in the opening black sequence after the explosion does it say we are in Moki?

11. Whats with the games lag? is there a way to fix that?

12. love the dialog between the prof and theo, the moving mouths is awesome, also love the music!

13. during the prof speech after you get a pokemon he says "forgot to tell you, your father, your father told me to give you..." lol

14. why cant i pick my own pokemon?

15 you should be able to save before you get a pkmn!! change it!! lol

well thats prolly it for now lol i figured out how to save it so ill play more later and post randomly.

AWESOME JOB!!!!
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:29 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braemon View Post
First off the concept is AWESOME!! im loving the demo! But here are some things i found wrong:

1. Re check all of the words in the professors opening speech, he says "working for be" instead of "for me"

2. I really like how the trainer follows the cursor!

3. Great English with everything! I only found the one mistake in the prof speech (the be instead of me) your grammar is impeccable!

4. during the black screen intro your use of a semi colon ( ; ) is not needed in this sentence: "...malfunction; they were in the process of..." take out the semi colon and say this instead "...malfunction as they were in the process of..." and take out the word "when... at the end of the sentence.

5. black screen after explosion sequence (flipping awesome btw) "aunt could no longer support a 13 year" you forgot the word old to make it 13 year old

6. the players room is too crowded, maybe take out the red stool in the middle of the floor

7. when you talk to the game system you should have it say "Man I really need a new console; like a Wii or something..."

8. LOL Aunt is soo young!! Aunt May anyone?? can you give the player a spiderman costume option? LOLZ

9. WOW I love the way the water gets louder as you get closer! Thats is great attention to detail!

10. If we started in Kevlar, why then in the opening black sequence after the explosion does it say we are in Moki?

11. Whats with the games lag? is there a way to fix that?

12. love the dialog between the prof and theo, the moving mouths is awesome, also love the music!

13. during the prof speech after you get a pokemon he says "forgot to tell you, your father, your father told me to give you..." lol

14. why cant i pick my own pokemon?

15 you should be able to save before you get a pkmn!! change it!! lol

well thats prolly it for now lol i figured out how to save it so ill play more later and post randomly.

AWESOME JOB!!!!
Well, I won't answer all of them, but here are a few answers.

-You start in Moki, Kevlar is the scond town you go in the game.
-You can't choose your starter because I wanted to it be like that, but I 'll post what answers you need to give to get the different starters.
-In the option menu, you can set the game quality to low, thats all you can do...
-Thx for the compliments, btw, the impecable english in the game exists thanks to Zeph's work xD.
-I'm looking forward to future comments!
Old October 8th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

OK JV finally freed up some space for the demo! lol.
Gonna get some feedback to ya soon, hopefully
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here