The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What you think about the project?
It's awesome! I NEED to play it! 201 61.28%
Its great, maybe ill use the userbar. 27 8.23%
Its good, like the others in this forum. 61 18.60%
Below average. 15 4.57%
I don't like it ¬¬ 24 7.32%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 8th, 2009, 02:39 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
You don't need to decrypt the game to hack Pokémon. As I don't think you've edited the save file system, I could simply take the save from Uranium, copy it to the Essentials folder, and use debug mode to make all my Pokémon level 100 before copying it back to Uranium's folder. Even if you changed the order in which the data is stored, the way RGSS's serializing system works means it's easy to load everything with a Ruby script and locate and change the data in the save.

Alternatively, I could have used a hacked Game.exe file to start the game in debug mode without decrypting it. This is easy to fix; just add $DEBUG=false somewhere in your scripts to turn the debug flag off even if I somehow turned it on.
Well, nver thought of that... actually I did, but I thought there would be incompability beacause I already changed many scripts and also the included many switches and variables etc =p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy_Meerkat View Post
Wow.. I can't believe I've overlooked this thread so many times.. I really like your story man and I had a similar system for the trainer test which decides your starter a few years back. Really liked the interfaces, especially your idea for the pokepod lol. I'll have to come back to this one after I've tried the demo.

The intro/title scene would be the ideal place for that.. But why would you want to go and spoil someone's fun if they figured out how to do that? They are only making the game unchallanging for themselves anyway..
Somehow many people overlooks Uranium ¬¬, Well I don't know if I'll allow or not people to cheat on the game, if, in the future, I add some kind of online battling, then no, I won't allow that. BTW, have fun with the demo, and be sure to report any bugs to me xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisgate7 View Post
I downloaded the game i trying to open it and then nothing happens What should I do??
Well, maybe you're using Vista and you're having compability issues, try runnin it under Windos XP(sp2) compability mode.
Old November 8th, 2009, 05:46 PM
-Smash
Lv.86 Pixel Artist

Nature: Calm
The demo was good, I admit. It can be played, and it flows quite well.

Yet, while I still haven't reached the second town, I already got unreal amounts of critique and suggestions that would be worth to fix and implement.. Many of them being small but essential stuff, such as grammar errors, events, attack effects, lag, the menu screen, and beyond.

I'll get to post them later.

(If this was GM, I could help you fix all this and more..)
Old November 9th, 2009, 02:53 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Smash View Post
The demo was good, I admit. It can be played, and it flows quite well.

Yet, while I still haven't reached the second town, I already got unreal amounts of critique and suggestions that would be worth to fix and implement.. Many of them being small but essential stuff, such as grammar errors, events, attack effects, lag, the menu screen, and beyond.

I'll get to post them later.

(If this was GM, I could help you fix all this and more..)
Well, I guess thats expected from a Beta anyways, and I'm glad you think it's good, I'm interested in knowing which are these errors, so that way them can be repaired. (by the way, the lag can be solved by turning to low the graphic option in the options menu.)

Anyway, the next update will be the update of the Tandor's pokédex, there is a buch of new pokémon for you all to see, however, I don't know if I'll be showing the evolutions, since big part of the fun of a new "generation" pokémon game is to find out how the new pokémon look, so I want yours opinions on the subject.
Old November 9th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Chesu
Boss Carrot

I got this error when changing the frame in the options on the start menu.

Quote:
---------------------------
Pokemon Uranium
---------------------------
Exception: RuntimeError

Section059:365:in `load_bitmap'Failed to load bitmap: Graphics/Windowskins/skin4.png

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

SpriteWindow:1514:in `update'

PokemonOption:300:in `pbOptions'

PokemonOption:297:in `loop'

PokemonOption:308:in `pbOptions'

PokemonOption:328:in `pbStartScreen'

Pokemon Load*****:396:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

Pokemon Load*****:396:in `pbFadeOutIn'

Pokemon Load*****:396:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

Pokemon Load*****:296:in `loop'

Interpreter:250:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1623:in `command_355'

Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Game_Event*:234:in `update'

Game_Map*:309:in `update'

Game_Map*:307:in `each'

Game_Map*:307:in `update'
I guess it either couldn't find the file for the fourth frame, or it was unable to load it for some reason.

Updated 11/07/10.
Old November 9th, 2009, 05:44 PM
trelaser319
Beginning Trainer

how do i play it?
im so lost
Old November 9th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Chesu
Boss Carrot

Extract the containing folder from the archive, then launch the executable from the extracted folder.

Updated 11/07/10.
Old November 10th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesu View Post
Extract the containing folder from the archive, then launch the executable from the extracted folder.
In english....
Download the file.
Open the folder and click on the game.
It will run and there ya go.
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:35 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesu View Post
I got this error when changing the frame in the options on the start menu.

I guess it either couldn't find the file for the fourth frame, or it was unable to load it for some reason.
Well, this error is probably the one being most reported to me, it happens because I missed a file in the game folder, that has already been fixed.
Old November 10th, 2009, 05:58 PM
shinylugia249
I'm back

Alright sorry for late review JV, kinda busy. So I've got to say that almost everything about the demo impresed me. I loved how the palltes of the trees and grass fit in with everything else. Along with clouds, it really set the mood for a great game. Although the mapping could use some work I could definately see you were trying to challenge the player, so the maps were decent. I do remember noticing there were some priority mistakes with some tall buildings in the city (not sure). There was also another major bug where I guess I was a bit tired that I couldn't catch a mankey and started to play around with the options. I think I changed the font and frames. Afterwards I couldn't exit the diamond menu and I was stuck with my menu open so I had to exit the game (I did save before it so I wasn't stuck). Other than those two bugs the game ran pretty smoothly. Loved the cut scenes and the music that went along with it. I can see you put a lot of effort into this game and I can't wait to see more!

Keep it up!

You've waited and now we're back!

Stay tuned!

Stuff that i've been kepping secret from PC.
Old November 11th, 2009, 12:54 AM
trelaser319
Beginning Trainer

how do i play this?
everytime i start it up it thinks its a rom/hack for the vba
help please!
Old November 11th, 2009, 09:09 AM
DaVici
DeEmpo

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DaVici
@trelaser319: Look, It's straight forward:

You have to open the map POKEMON URANIUM BETA 1.0. Afterwards you have to click two times on a yellow/black button wich is called "GAME".
Your game should start. Remember: This game is not a hack. You do not play it with vba.

Just click on the "GAME" button. Alright? (PS: It is really helpful to READ the thread and the replies to your question.)

@JV, I love how the game is going and ofcourse I didn't mean where to get Palji, but where to get pahar. lol XD

But were and when do you get pahar??

Pokemon Warped

Pokemon Xenotime

Pokemon Malachite

Pokemon Super Rising Thunder

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Pokemon Sienna

Pokemon Identity

Pokemon Chronicles: Sands of time
Old November 11th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by trelaser319 View Post
how do i play this?
everytime i start it up it thinks its a rom/hack for the vba
help please!
I'm guessing you haven't extracted it yet. Use a program like WinRAR or 7Zip to extract the game files.
Old November 11th, 2009, 03:21 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinylugia249 View Post
Alright sorry for late review JV, kinda busy. So I've got to say that almost everything about the demo impresed me. I loved how the palltes of the trees and grass fit in with everything else. Along with clouds, it really set the mood for a great game. Although the mapping could use some work I could definately see you were trying to challenge the player, so the maps were decent. I do remember noticing there were some priority mistakes with some tall buildings in the city (not sure). There was also another major bug where I guess I was a bit tired that I couldn't catch a mankey and started to play around with the options. I think I changed the font and frames. Afterwards I couldn't exit the diamond menu and I was stuck with my menu open so I had to exit the game (I did save before it so I wasn't stuck). Other than those two bugs the game ran pretty smoothly. Loved the cut scenes and the music that went along with it. I can see you put a lot of effort into this game and I can't wait to see more!

Keep it up!
I'm glad you liked the demo, thats special for me, since I'm also a fan of your game x]. Anyways I'm fixing all the bugs related to menu, which is the most bugged part of the game since it's probably the most complicated event system etc. Well, these annoying priority ones are also being fixed as I progress. I wonder if you finished it, somehow, most people are thinking it ends in the first gym, but it doesn't =/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empoleon-111 View Post
@trelaser319: Look, It's straight forward:

You have to open the map POKEMON URANIUM BETA 1.0. Afterwards you have to click two times on a yellow/black button wich is called "GAME".
Your game should start. Remember: This game is not a hack. You do not play it with vba.

Just click on the "GAME" button. Alright? (PS: It is really helpful to READ the thread and the replies to your question.)

@JV, I love how the game is going and ofcourse I didn't mean where to get Palji, but where to get pahar. lol XD

But were and when do you get pahar??
Well, thx for the compliment, you will be able to catch Pahar in the route after the end of the demo (in that case Comet Cave). You will have to wait a lil bit =p. By the way, I have to add that guide of yours to the read me...

@Wichu: thanks for explining him as well ^^.
Old November 14th, 2009, 01:32 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Well, I don't want to see this in the second page and also, it's the right time for a update =].

Last week, a great tile artist pmed me saying how he liked Uranium and all and offered his services to make the buildings tiles for the game. That person is Dew, and as you all probably know, he has a public set of revamped Hoenn buildings. Here is a bit of the progress:

Thats Moki Town, there you can see new Professor Bamb'o lab and also the player's house.

A random house in the middle of route 01.

Houses in a still to be revealed town.

Buildings in the city right after Comet Cave (where the demo ends).

I hope you all liked them, criticizing is appreciated.
Old November 14th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Dark_Soull
Dark_Soul xD

everything is fine but the third image in the shadow of the cloud is short .. after that everything is OK

good bye
Old November 15th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Emerex
Beginning Trainer

For me those images look good too;] Have a nice work;p
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:42 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Well guys, pretty much just giving a bump on the thread, sry for not tgeeting on here so much lately, I'm pretty busy with life, just got into holidays etc, I'll be back to normal soon! So keep commenting, also just so everyone knows (including Neo!), I want Uranium to at least get into the finals of the game of the year! Raptor is probably gonna win, but I don't see any game here that can take the second place from us! Also, since Raptor already won last year, maybe we have a chance xD.
Old December 8th, 2009, 04:04 PM
pspdude
:o super shinx?

looks great :D cantwait for another release
Old December 9th, 2009, 01:23 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Well guys, I'll tell you a truth. I'm totally annoyed by how Uranium is doing in the GoTY, I don't think that the current situation is next to decent and deserved. I and the rest of the team (at the moment only Zeph and Dew) discussed about what could made difficult for people to start liking Uranium, and we concluded it was the tiles as a whole.
Tiles are the first thing people see in a game, through the screenshots and also what will make them interested in reading/seeing the rest of the game. So to gather some sympathy among you, we decided to revamp pretty much everything tile related, since I want to get out of this situation, I'll give now a couple of screens showing what I'm talking about:

So, yes, I hope you understand what I was talking about, now go to the Game of the Year thread and Vote for Uranium :)!
Old December 9th, 2009, 03:33 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Those screens with those tiles definetly look awesome JV your team did great work on them. Keep it up! *you got more votes than me lmao*
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:11 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Hey guys, here is a little update for you =).

As you can see, thats another screen of the revamped route 01, also showing one of the houses Dew made for Uranium =].

That one is quite cool isn't it xD. Thats a new menu for the game, now made through scripts. It has a pretty design and doesn't take the whole screen, which I think is cool. Btw, the mini sprites are animated ^^. Please, comment and don't let this thread go to the second page xD.
Old December 16th, 2009, 04:44 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Looking real good ~JV~ Keep it up man. everything looks nice
Old December 16th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Pika'chu500
Beginning Trainer

Wow the tiles look great!
The grass looks a bit out of place though.
Also maybe redo some the fakemon sprites... some look really wierd.
Love the new menu.

Old December 16th, 2009, 11:18 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

I'm pretty sure it's not the tiles, as I think they're plenty good as is. The problem I see is what Pika'chu500 just said - some of the Fakemon sprites just look reeeeeeally lackluster (e.g., Gararewl, Fartog (one of the eyes looks crooked), the Owten line, Chynmunk (doesn't look quite Pokemoney enough), and the Eletux line (they look like a bunch of mutated Lanturns)). Has any official art been done for them, yet? If you had them created as sprites without the art first, then that might be why.

Some of the Fakemon names are a bit weird, too (Gararewl, Electruxo, Eshowten, etc.).

Long story short, NOT the tiles.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Zephyr+
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyOctillery View Post
I'm pretty sure it's not the tiles, as I think they're plenty good as is. The problem I see is what Pika'chu500 just said - some of the Fakemon sprites just look reeeeeeally lackluster (e.g., Gararewl, Fartog (one of the eyes looks crooked), the Owten line, Chynmunk (doesn't look quite Pokemoney enough), and the Eletux line (they look like a bunch of mutated Lanturns)). Has any official art been done for them, yet? If you had them created as sprites without the art first, then that might be why.

Some of the Fakemon names are a bit weird, too (Gararewl, Electruxo, Eshowten, etc.).

Long story short, NOT the tiles.
*Sudden defensiveness!

...rereads post...*

Okay, I'm ready. xD Actually, there are explanations for everything you're complaining about, as it happens.

On the sprites: Gararewl has been corrected... I think? Whatever the case, it isn't one of my better sprites; I'll take a look at it though and see if it can't be improved. And Fartog is one of Zorin's earlier ones, too, and besides it's easily fixed. Owten has been revamped since. Chyinmunk was made by a different spriter (PichuK) so the style is slightly different from the rest of them; I'll consider revamping it. Eletux line has also been re-done since the versions you see in the thread, iirc (by the highly talented -Smash, to boot). And I like Eletux's design D: Lanturn is one of the coolest and least-well-known Pokemon out there; you can say the Eletux line is closely related to the Chinchou line if you like. (actually, that's a good idea. I'll edit that into their dex entry.)

But argh argh Sprites before art! Sprites before art! Spritesbeforeart spritesbeforeAAAARGH!! This is pretty much my berserk button; people that believe that games need to have official art of the fakemon before they're sprited; it STAGNATES game progress and people get NOTHING done and AAAAARGH. So, no, there is no official Sugimori art of the starters (unless you count some larger pixel arts of them). And there won't be, probably. But I do plan my designs in advance-- I draw them out on paper beforehand. Heck, you'll be able to read about my fakemon-designing process in my article for GDW, if you are so inclined.

Some of the names are from the early days of the project, which is why they seem amateur; however, we've rather grown attached to them. :< (also, they are sometimes derived from portuguese words, which might be why they sound foreign.)

Sponsored Links

Advertise here