The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What you think about the project?
It's awesome! I NEED to play it! 201 61.28%
Its great, maybe ill use the userbar. 27 8.23%
Its good, like the others in this forum. 61 18.60%
Below average. 15 4.57%
I don't like it ¬¬ 24 7.32%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 17th, 2008, 02:00 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~

Advertise here
are you talking about the textbox(bottom) or the battle ones? Also, thx for pointing out ;D
Old November 19th, 2008, 11:49 PM
~Undefined~
Aspiring Pokémon Master...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Undefined~
The music was horribly out of sinc in the video. (not that that matters if its ok in the actual game)
I really love the fakemons. ^^
It's great to have a pure flying Pokemon, Nintendo never made one. I think Grozard and Trelard should be dragon / ground (maybe not Grozard)
I also agree with what a couple of people said before; that you should make a third evolution for the starters. It's tradition isn't it? If you do that, I would put the new fire starter in between Flager and Inflagetah (Hope I spelled that right) because Inflagetah looks like a third stage evo, and there is too much difference between Flager and Inflagetah.

Great game, I love it ^^
~Undefined~

Old November 20th, 2008, 01:53 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Hey guys, sry for not being on for some time, Im in France with some friends, so im spending my time with them. In some days I will be back.

~Unedfined~: The music is out of sync because of the recording software that really sucks and makes everything lag. Im glad you liked the fakemon and Ill think about adding the first evolution stage for the starters =].
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:29 PM
Nytkoi
Pokemon Copper!

The game looks like it is progressing quickly, but for some reason the Flager sprite looks a little blurry. Is it in .JPEG? Anyways that dosen't matter. The maps are averege, aswell. Goodluck on this.

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
?Alistair?
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Undefined~ View Post
It's great to have a pure flying Pokemon, Nintendo never made one.
I presume you don't plan on including the D/P move Roost then? Since then the pokemon would have no type. This is the reason there is no pure Flying type in D/P and possibly R/S/E.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
It's actually probably because a pure Flying type would be implied to be in the air all the time. All existing Flying types have a second type, because none of them are permanently in the air.

And it is possible to have a pure Flying type, through the use of Color Change, and Arceus's Sky Plate. Neither Kecleon or Arceus learn Roost, though - however, you could use Smeargle to Skill Swap Color Change, then use Roost. It will change to ??? type - the same as the attack Curse.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
?Alistair?
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
It's actually probably because a pure Flying type would be implied to be in the air all the time. All existing Flying types have a second type, because none of them are permanently in the air.

And it is possible to have a pure Flying type, through the use of Color Change, and Arceus's Sky Plate. Neither Kecleon or Arceus learn Roost, though - however, you could use Smeargle to Skill Swap Color Change, then use Roost. It will change to ??? type - the same as the attack Curse.
This would be a lot of effort though, to use a move which is used primarily in a competitive online environment (where Arceus is clearly not allowed). Also, i'm positive the games would not allow this, so Roost probably has limits.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
Zephyr+
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
...Haha, you guys, this is an intelligent discussion but it's rather off-topic, y'know, as this is a fangame topic and all. C: As far as I know, we don't have plans to implement all the new D/P attacks into the game just yet, but if we did we would probably just eliminate the "roost-removes-Flying-type" thing and just have it recover. A little bit broken, maybe, but it's the price we pay for not screwing the game up.

Nytkoi: The Flager sprite is actually over the 64x64 limit; I will be resizing it so that it doesn't blur in the future.

These comments and criticisms help! :3 We love to hear your input on what you'd like to see in this game.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 01:52 AM
?Alistair?
Beginning Trainer

Oop, sorry for off topicness >.< I must say that I really like the recoloured Pokedex and Bag screens - it has inspired me to start customising my game - so good job (Y)

Also love the desing of the grass starters, and I like that you've gone for 2 stages rather then the normal 3 stage evolution of most fan games.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 04:08 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytkoi View Post
The game looks like it is progressing quickly, but for some reason the Flager sprite looks a little blurry. Is it in .JPEG? Anyways that dosen't matter. The maps are averege, aswell. Goodluck on this.
Thx for pointing this out, but as ZP said, the sprite will be resized =p. Also, Ive only showed a few maps, I have alot better ones in my arsenal ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?Alistair? View Post
I presume you don't plan on including the D/P move Roost then? Since then the pokemon would have no type. This is the reason there is no pure Flying type in D/P and possibly R/S/E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post

Ive made a pure flying poekmon, because I don't see the point of making a normal/flying one, since normal is kind of typeless/neutral type. And about the roost thing, as ZP posted, if i ever make it, it will be just a recover move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZephyrPlusle View Post
...Haha, you guys, this is an intelligent discussion but it's rather off-topic, y'know, as this is a fangame topic and all. C: As far as I know, we don't have plans to implement all the new D/P attacks into the game just yet, but if we did we would probably just eliminate the "roost-removes-Flying-type" thing and just have it recover. A little bit broken, maybe, but it's the price we pay for not screwing the game up.

Nytkoi: The Flager sprite is actually over the 64x64 limit; I will be resizing it so that it doesn't blur in the future.

These comments and criticisms help! :3 We love to hear your input on what you'd like to see in this game.
Haha, you're always helping me thanks ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?Alistair? View Post
Oop, sorry for off topicness >.< I must say that I really like the recoloured Pokedex and Bag screens - it has inspired me to start customising my game - so good job (Y)

Also love the desing of the grass starters, and I like that you've gone for 2 stages rather then the normal 3 stage evolution of most fan games.
Its good to see you liked them and I'm also glad you liked the 2 stages starters idea. Since you will have alot of option of pokemon to catch at the start, i think there is no problem having it.

Well as you all guys see, I'm back! And also im pretty happy to see that there were alot of posts and also a really intelligent discussion here. I'm so happy that i decided to show you guys the full map of the Burole Town (I'm also posting this to see if you prefer this kind of mapping since some people said the other maps were just average):

Spoiler:

(Here is a surprise, the gym will be in a cave! Start guessing what kind of pokemon the gym leader will use.)
Old November 25th, 2008, 03:18 AM
~Undefined~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV12345 View Post
(Here is a surprise, the gym will be in a cave! Start guessing what kind of pokemon the gym leader will use.)
Well I assume it'll be rock (most likely), ground, or even possibly steel (probably not)
I love the town by the way, and the idea of a gym in a cave.

Old November 29th, 2008, 04:28 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Hey guys I'm just posting here to tell you that my name isn't JV12345 anymore its now ~JV~ .

Also, I've started thinking of some custom tiles and palletes for the tileset =0. Keep hooked on and guessing the new gym pokemon type.
TIP: Its not any of the types ~Undefined~ guessed :D.
Old November 29th, 2008, 06:39 PM
ForeverRed
teeheeee

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ForeverRed
i see
good work JV
wat is the type?
any of my new types?

Pokémon Ammolite

Might return, don't take my word on it.

DeviantArt
Old December 1st, 2008, 05:28 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Gyrados View Post
i see :P
good work JV
wat is the type?
any of my new types?
nonono xD!

Here is another tip: This gym is a triple type gym and one of them is ground! Can you guys guess what are the other two types? Neither of them are rock. Who answer correctly will get to see the gym and some other maps before anyone else! ^^

Also zephyr and I are starting to make some custom tiles and recolors for Uranium ;p. Some of them were already put ingame.
Old December 1st, 2008, 07:43 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
nonono xD!

Here is another tip: This gym is a triple type gym and one of them is ground! Can you guys guess what are the other two types? Neither of them are rock. Who answer correctly will get to see the gym and some other maps before anyone else!

Also zephyr and I are starting to make some custom tiles and recolors for Uranium ;p. Some of them were already put ingame.
Is it Ground,Water and Grass?
Old December 1st, 2008, 10:23 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
Is it Ground,Water and Grass?
You are good at guessing ;p, water and ground are correct, but grass isn't. Who can guess the last type correctly?
Ill edit this post in some mins to show you guys a small update.

~Small Update~

Well, some time ago I posted that I was making a Pokemon Racing system and now the base system is almost ready. So I decided to show you some screenshots of the first PokeRace track =p.

~Thats also the last map I will show you using the default tileset ;p.

Last edited by ~JV~; December 1st, 2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old December 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM
ForeverRed
teeheeee

ground water and hmmm.....
it could be either ice, flying or electric or normal?

Pokémon Ammolite

DeviantArt

Last edited by ForeverRed; December 1st, 2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2008, 02:06 AM
~Undefined~

Water, Ground, and Fire. *crosses fingers*

Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:06 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Everyone is incorrect -_-. Cmon, what could be in a cave other than ground pokemon,rock pokemon,ice pokemon and water pokemon?
Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:09 AM
Ultimo Spriter
I'm back ...

Nature: Sassy
is it ground,water,flying
Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:38 AM
ForeverRed
teeheeee

ooo i know dragon?
or it could be psychic or fighting :D or dark or ghost

Pokémon Ammolite

DeviantArt
Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:45 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

After alot of posts someone got it right. Red Gyarados you win ^^. I will pm you soon with the new maps and tiles =p. Well, im thinking of a new contest for you guys (Its cool to make them 0_0).
Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:46 AM
ForeverRed
teeheeee

YAY!!!!
I WIN!!!
cool i should make a contest too :O

Pokémon Ammolite

DeviantArt
Old December 3rd, 2008, 04:01 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

~Mini Update~
Well thats a really small update ^^. I just want to show the new Tandor REgion map. This new map is looking alot more professional, has more routes and towns as well. here it is:
(thats in the 480x320 resolution)

~Show Your Art Contest~

Thats the new contest in the PU thread. All you have to do is any banner, userbar, title, sugimori etc related to Pokemon Uranium and send it to me by PM or post here. The members who make the 3 best entries will get to see the new tiles AND will also get a NPC/trainer withtheir name in the game. I want to see everyone showing your art!

Rules:
-Max two entries per person.
-Do not flame on other people entries.
-I will only give the contest results when i feel there is enough entries.
-Good luck =D
Old December 3rd, 2008, 04:42 AM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Here's a banner I did in 5 minutes.

Hopefully I can win the contest!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here