Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page Pokemon Uranium

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What you think about the project?
It's awesome! I NEED to play it! 201 61.28%
Its great, maybe ill use the userbar. 27 8.23%
Its good, like the others in this forum. 61 18.60%
Below average. 15 4.57%
I don't like it ¬¬ 24 7.32%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old December 29th, 2008 (10:03 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Hey guys thanks for the comments and all, Im just posting to tell you that in the new year eve I will post a really cool update (serious ^^) and also that I have done a lot of progress these days, there is now a rival in the game as well ^^.
Old December 29th, 2008 (11:40 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by ~JV~:
there is now a rival in the game as well .
Does this rival actually enhance the flavour of the game, or is s/he completely forced? Forced rivals are red flags...yanno, the stalker/best friend/whatever...
Old December 29th, 2008 (11:45 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote originally posted by Agent Zero:
Does this rival actually enhance the flavour of the game, or is s/he completely forced? Forced rivals are red flags...yanno, the stalker/best friend/whatever...
No, he isn't forced, he is totally essential for the plot.
Old December 29th, 2008 (12:05 PM).
angry kid and a keyboard

Is this rival... interesting? Would s/he have a backstory in the style of Acantithe? Would it be difficult to fight said rival? I think the last thing a pokemon game needs is another pushover rival like in Emerald.
Old December 31st, 2008 (04:20 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

~~NEW YEAR UPDATE~

Well, we are coming to the end of 2008. One special thing for me on this year was for sure the creation of this project, Pokemon Uranium. A lot of things had changed since I created the game thread on Plot and Story forums on the mid of October, a lot has been improved as you all have seen.

Your support has been essential for this improvement, but probably what really helped me was my team, I would have already gave up without them ;p. I am sure that on 2009 things will get even better and more progress will be done, I'm making this update to we start the new year with good news. Also, there is a new person on the team as well! Everyone welcom Infernal Contraption, he will help with overworlds and also with fakemon descriptions, move suggestions etc!

UPDATE CONTENTS:

-Screenshots
-New Pokémon
-New Graphics

~Screenshots

As some of you have noticed, my mapping got better with time, I think its time to show you some new screens (Also if you haven't noticed yet, this post background is made from totally unrevealed maps!)

(I know, there isnt anything new on this map, but I wanted to show some of the new dialogues of the game.)

(That one is from an alternate path on Route 01)

(A random part from the already known Route 03)

(Those are some parts of the long and beautiful Route 04...)

(Im showing this map to you see the new effect I get using two different tiles of water, I couldn't show it properly on the screenshots.)

~New Pokemon

Yes, I have some of those to show you! Our fakemon count is increasing quickly, PU spriters are working hard on them! Here are some of them:

FELENG [NORMAL]

This is a POKéMON that you do not want to mess with. Although FELENG is a very small and weak POKéMON, it can manipulate other POKéMON just by looking at them.

FELUNGE [NORMAL]

FELUNGE is well known for looking innocent, but it is an extremely intimidating POKéMON. FELUNGE has an incredibly high jump, or lunge. It able to exceed over 10 feet with a single jump. When FELUNGE senses danger, its lunge is very powerful, and deadly.

FELIGER [NORMAL]

Although FELIGER is a 4-legged POKéMON, it is known for standing on its hind legs to scare away the enemy. Some say that other POKéMON are scared of FELIGER because it looks like a DRAGON-type POKéMON when it is on its hind legs. FELIGER is an extremely vicious POKéMON, but may be tamed into a loyal POKéMON.

BAASHAUN [DARK]

Those pokemon are often found in groups of 20 or more and also are known for using its horns to hit its enemies.

BAASCHAF [DARK/FIGHT]

When BAASHAUN start standing in 2 feet, he evolves into BAASCHAF who is able to use his fists to fight.

~New Graphics

Those days I started messing around with the scripts and I managed to edit the the place of things on the battle boxes, I also managed to use pics instead of textbox. Here are some screens:

(As you see the exp bar is now at the same size as the HP one, also moved everything else from the original place)

(That new color theme is looking a lot better than what the old one was looking like, also, you can see the Move menu there.)

(Thats the new look of the Pokemon Screen, I had to change some things position to it fits the new background)

(Thats the new Pokedex, it isn't looking perfect at the moment, I still need to edit it a little bit.)

Thats all I planned to show you on this update, I hope you liked it. HAPPY NEW YEAR and good luck to everyone =p!

Old December 31st, 2008 (10:49 AM).
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
That is a really nice update you have there. Its starting to look real good. I really Envy your fakemon lol
Old December 31st, 2008 (10:57 AM).
I got you whistling Blue Box!
Silver Tier

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
That is really nice. I love the sheep pokemon...I never thought of making a dark type one, but this update is really nice.
Old December 31st, 2008 (12:12 PM).
Pokemon Copper!

H. o. l. y. H.e.l.l.

Amazing update! All the new graphics, the better maps, its all so great! Good job JV! Man, great New Years Update! 8D.

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old December 31st, 2008 (06:47 PM).
angry kid and a keyboard

The new battle system's status boxes are hard to read. I had to move up close to the screen to see everything in detail, and on a GBA screen, that can be deadly (not that this will ever be on a GBA, but you should still be thinking). Also, the "already caught" symbol is one pixel to close to the gender symbol's field (not that it should be on the ally side in the first place).
My comments should by no means suggest that I want you to throw the baby out with the bathwater, because it looks (nearly) flawless, just that the color could use being a shade or two darker.
Old December 31st, 2008 (07:13 PM).
Pixies Dance

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zorin
Nice update JV, but don't forget to use the revamped version of Feliger. (as shown in my sig)

Old January 1st, 2009 (09:38 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote originally posted by PokemonOI:
That is a really nice update you have there. Its starting to look real good. I really Envy your fakemon lol
Quote originally posted by <~Flood~>:
That is really nice. I love the sheep pokemon...I never thought of making a dark type one, but this update is really nice. ;)
Quote originally posted by Nytkoi:
H. o. l. y. H.e.l.l.

Amazing update! All the new graphics, the better maps, its all so great! Good job JV! Man, great New Years Update! 8D.
Im glad that you all liked =D.

Quote originally posted by h POKE:
The new battle system's status boxes are hard to read. I had to move up close to the screen to see everything in detail, and on a GBA screen, that can be deadly (not that this will ever be on a GBA, but you should still be thinking). Also, the "already caught" symbol is one pixel to close to the gender symbol's field (not that it should be on the ally side in the first place).
My comments should by no means suggest that I want you to throw the baby out with the bathwater, because it looks (nearly) flawless, just that the color could use being a shade or two darker.
As always, you are making construtice criticism, all I have to say is thank you. Now for the explanations:

1- I have to agree, its difficult to read, Ill probably change some colors so it gets easier.
2- Thats not an already caught symbol =[, thats a detail that I added to the player box so it looks cooler. I may edit it so it dont get too close to the gender symbol.
3- Maybe I can use darker shades, I used that because my PC screen is a bit darker due to configurations etc...

Quote originally posted by Zorin:
Nice update JV, but don't forget to use the revamped version of Feliger. (as shown in my sig)
Ok, Ill edit the post and use it ;p.
Old January 1st, 2009 (09:49 AM).
Silver Tier

Good update.
I like your fakemon, but it's just that some aren't in the same style as the others.
Like your Baashaun, i think they should all be put in that style.
But besides that, it looks good
Old January 2nd, 2009 (09:26 PM). Edited January 3rd, 2009 by Ivysaur.
Special Beam Cannon!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya i'm Tunaboy88

Hey-JV- can i be your third spriter?
here's some of my work

Click image for larger version

Name:	overworldsheetqt8[1].png
Views:	88
Size:	368.7 KB
ID:	44492

Click image for larger version

Name:	Starters-1[1].png
Views:	89
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	44493

Here are some fake poke's
sorry they have no names

please can i be the 3rd spriter
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old January 3rd, 2009 (03:01 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

No one will ever want you as a spriter if you triple post like this, also, I don't believe you did all those overworlds and fakemon. I reported you for triple posting.

@Blazers: Im glad you liked them, but about the scratching style, sorry but thats almost impossible to do when there are 3 different spriters on the team =/.
Old January 3rd, 2009 (06:27 AM).
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
The OWs are D/P rips, and the Dialga/Palkia sprites are Coronis's. The starters are some other guy's (I forgot the name); they're definitely stolen.
Old January 3rd, 2009 (09:30 AM).
Banned

i have those ows on my pc i use em as bases and the fakemon r from deviantart
also

Those pokemon are often found in groups of 20 or more and also are known for using its horns to hit its enemies.

BAASCHAF is alright
the shading BAASHAUN looks weird maybe try a different shading technique??
Old January 6th, 2009 (03:21 PM).
Pokemon Copper!

Hey JV, I can't wait for another update, your games really seem to be improving!
Old January 7th, 2009 (01:37 PM).
If a tree falls in a forest

Looks good, the sprites and maps are pretty cool. Keep it up!

The Hero sprite and Heroine overworlds, and Torzach's own Forum!
Old January 9th, 2009 (02:53 PM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Hey guys im posting here to tell you that Ill be out travelling for about one week, so dont expect any update or updates during this time. But Ill make a really cool update as soon as I come back ;p.

Following hPOKE suggestion, I added a bit more contrast on the battle boxes, does anyone thinks it's looking better?

Old January 9th, 2009 (05:34 PM).
angry kid and a keyboard

Oh, yes. This is a lot better than the previous (in terms of color). It has a very clean and professional look, the kind of thing you'd expect to find in a real game as opposed to an unfinished product. The only thing I have to question, and bear with me on my criticism, is the way the color of the experience bar changes like an HP bar would. The concept here is good, the colors, however, not so much.
I would suggest using only shades of blue for the bar. Honestly, the bright green seems to stick out too much, yet in a bad way.
Old January 14th, 2009 (10:09 AM).
Starting A New Leaf

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Water Pokemon Trainer
nice scratch fakemon my mate usually does really good splices so you cant tell whats been used but yeah really nice shading and all keep it up
Progess Through Ruby=100%
Progress Through Sapphire=100%
Progress Through Emerald=95%
Progress Through Fire Red=100%
Progress Through Leaf Green=100%
Progress Through Gold=100%
Progress Through Silver=99.9%
Progress Through Crystal =98%
Progress Through Yellow=100%
Progress Through Blue=100%
Progress Through Red=100%
Hoping to buy HG and SS soon
Old January 15th, 2009 (06:28 PM).

I love this game its gunna come out great!
Old January 15th, 2009 (06:35 PM).
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Feliger looks horrible, but all the other Pokemon look real nice
Old January 17th, 2009 (03:25 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Hello everyone! I am finally back from my travel, I really thought the thread would be at the second page when I came back, but it isn't! Anyways, as I promised, I will make an update!!

~~UPDATE~

Even though this update is really small, I'm sure you all will like it! I'll show the new look of the PokéPod and also an edited Region Map, enjoy ;p!

PokéPod
Spoiler:

Region Map
Spoiler:

As I said, pretty small, but it was a really important one. Thats all for today!

Old January 17th, 2009 (03:34 AM).
Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow

Send a message via Yahoo to Exiled~Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Exiled~Shadow
Cool, i love the reigon! its so big! and the poképod looks awesome! keep up the great work ~JV~

An untold tale of the high seas...
A tale of the dawn of exploration...
A tale that spans time...
A tale, never told before...

Pokémon: Age of Exploration
Coming Soon...

~~~~

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links