Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page Pokemon Uranium

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What you think about the project?
It's awesome! I NEED to play it! 201 61.28%
Its great, maybe ill use the userbar. 27 8.23%
Its good, like the others in this forum. 61 18.60%
Below average. 15 4.57%
I don't like it ¬¬ 24 7.32%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 29th, 2009 (11:05 AM).
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Good choice JV.
That looks 100% better.
Excellent job. Uranium is getting better every day.
Old January 29th, 2009 (04:08 PM).
h POKE
angry kid and a keyboard

The sprites are of a different style than the professional game, but that doesn't mean they're bad. Some, I'm not a fan of, but your ratatta-clone is actually quite unique in a good way (unlike some of the exaggerated shapes of teh Baro).

Despite what AZ may say, I still like your lighting effect. It reminds me a lot of the time I spent once on a lonely Caribbean island, which is kind of like the environment you were aiming for. I would normally say no like him, except for this reason only: On islands out to sea, such as those far in the West Indies, the night is a really deep and penetrating black. Lights only give out a faint ward in those places, creating kind of a sphere like that.
Old February 2nd, 2009 (03:17 PM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Hmm the topic is getting boring..., so... micro update time!

Yes, its a micro update but cool anyways, I just want to show the new bag screen *-*:

Spoiler:

Old February 2nd, 2009 (03:21 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Don't forget the accent over the E BD...

Also, the comma after 'good' should go. The comma only exists when the words are interchangeable. In this case, good modifies 'quality BALL'.
You wouldn't say 'quality, good BALL'...sounds funny.
Old February 2nd, 2009 (03:23 PM).
Nytkoi
Pokemon Copper!

Well, it seems like you have the graphics down, so I think it's all set. Everything seems to be going nice, and the updates are getting better. This project has improved quite a bit; good job & and good luck.

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old February 2nd, 2009 (04:17 PM).
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Looks really eye catching. Nice color scheme.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-Projects/326374858787
Old February 3rd, 2009 (02:19 AM).
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by :
Don't forget the accent over the E BD...

Also, the comma after 'good' should go. The comma only exists when the words are interchangeable. In this case, good modifies 'quality BALL'.
You wouldn't say 'quality, good BALL'...sounds funny.
I don't think he's modified the item descriptions; that's the way it is in FR/LG. I believe it's meant to mean good and quality. Removing the comma wouldn't make sense; you'd have to change it to 'high quality'. Basically, I think you should keep it the way it is.
Old February 3rd, 2009 (12:47 PM).
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nice stuff, this project is really shaping up!

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old February 4th, 2009 (08:45 AM). Edited February 4th, 2009 by ~JV~.
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Hey! Thanks everyone for the nice comments, and Delt I will fix the accent thing and I do think Wichu is correct about the comma...

Now an ~MUSICAL UPDATE~

Yes, I started working with remixes these last weeks and now I have plenty of them! They are all mp3s which makes the overall file size A LOT bigger. That wouldn't be an issue cause as soon as I release a demo there would have two versions, one with mids and the other with the high quality mp3s.

Here is the link to the new title music. It's a remix I made from a GB Pokémon TCG music...

listen to it here
Old February 4th, 2009 (03:22 PM).
h POKE
angry kid and a keyboard

Hmm... I've heard that before. It has a pretty good melody, but I think it needs some more instruments or something to just help break up all the silence.
Old February 4th, 2009 (04:35 PM).
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
The sound's a bit too harsh. The high sounds are really metallic and there is almost no low. It's also pretty barren and atonal music should be used VERY sparingly. You should make this more balanced.

If you give me the MIDI I could fix it up for you. Just email it ([email protected]).
Old February 5th, 2009 (06:47 AM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote originally posted by InMooseWeTrust:
The sound's a bit too harsh. The high sounds are really metallic and there is almost no low. It's also pretty barren and atonal music should be used VERY sparingly. You should make this more balanced.

If you give me the MIDI I could fix it up for you. Just email it ([email protected]).
Yeah I agree with the comments but about you fixing the MIDI... it's impossible. For some reason any software that is able to save the file as MIDI doesn't work on my PC, the one I use can open MIDIs but is only able to save them as mp3, ogg, wma etc.
Old February 8th, 2009 (11:33 AM).
Nytkoi
Pokemon Copper!

Well, good to say this isn't dying. Good work JV.

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old February 9th, 2009 (11:59 AM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote originally posted by Nytkoi:
Well, good to say this isn't dying. Good work JV.
We never get close to that 0_0... Anyways

~SMALL UPDATE~

~The revamped starters

Zephyr has finally finished revamping Flager and Inflagetah that needed a revamp so I'll reveal all of the new sprites ^^.

ORCHYNX:

METALYNX:

FLAGER:

INFLAGETAH:

ELETUX:
(PichuK did that one)

ELETRUXO (same old sprite):

Thats all for now, some comment on these new sprites would be great also expect a BIG update soon!
Old February 9th, 2009 (12:40 PM).
InMooseWeTrust
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
Quote originally posted by ~JV~:
Yeah I agree with the comments but about you fixing the MIDI... it's impossible. For some reason any software that is able to save the file as MIDI doesn't work on my PC, the one I use can open MIDIs but is only able to save them as mp3, ogg, wma etc.
You could just email me the raw MIDI and I could make a few adjustments in 10-15 minutes that would automatically make it sound better. However, for my game I'm doing custom tracks that are elaborately remixed.
Old February 9th, 2009 (12:48 PM).
SL1MSHADY
WATCH THE THRONE

Nature: Brave
woah! i love how Metalynx looks!! it's so natural looking!
great job!

Old February 9th, 2009 (01:02 PM).
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Metalynx looks great! Though Eletux seems a little strange, otherwise though very nice sprites.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one of mine really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old February 18th, 2009 (08:56 AM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Hello everyone ^^. Even though it has been some days since the last time I or anyone else posted on this thread, it doesn't mean that I'm not active anymore xD. Actually I've been preparing this update for a few days and on that one I'll present something that will impress everyone! So... Have fun

~VIDEO~

I forgot to post on the thread the new video that was shown on GDW first issue, so for those that hadn't seen it yet, here it is..

Spoiler:

~FINAL SUMMARY~

Zeph and I have finished thinking on the plot and all. She made it look pretty solid, and all I have to say is that it's possible to make a great game out of it (Thats what I'm trying ^^). She wrote a new summary for this thread, for those interested, here it is:
Spoiler:

Welcome to the region of Tandor, where warm breezes sweep through quiet towns and waves lap at sandy beaches. Tandor is known, among other things, for its robust and slightly different Gym Challenge, where Pokemon trainers travel the region to collect six gym badges and compete in the Tandor Regional tournament, held once a year. This tournament, one of the longest-running in modern Pokemon history, is also renowned as being one of the most difficult. The honor of being Champion is one of the most sought-after in the Pokemon world.

And, you? You weren't interested in all that at first-- you're just a thirteen-year-old kid leading a thirteen-year-old life. After your mother Lucille died ten years ago in a meltdown at a nuclear power plant, your father (an experienced Pokemon Ranger) left you with your great-aunt and departed to travel the region. But your Aunt can't support you any longer, and so you're forced to leave home. Fortunately for you, opportunity.

Professor Bamb'o, regional expert on Pokemon elements, has been looking for a trainer assistant to travel the region and gather specimens of the varied wildlife. You, along with an eleven-year-old named Theo that you've known for most of your life, step up to the challenge. After receiving your starter Pokemon, you head towards your first gym badge in Nowtoch town, and your first steps exploring the Tandor region.

Things aren't as sunny as they first seem, though. Just when everything regarding the accident ten years ago in which you lost your mother seemed certain, new developments begin to emerge. A new power plant is contracted to be built over the site of the old one. Your father begins acting strangely, journeying to the far areas of the region and questioning whether your mother really is dead. And amidst all the turmoil, it seems that a great impending disaster is looming over Tandor...

It seems you may be in for more than you bargained for.

~THE NEW MENU~

Yes, exactly what you heard ^^. A few days ago finished what is Uranium's most different system till the moment. It's working smoothly and has no bugs as far as I know, It was entirely done by me with no help at all. It's similar to a ring menu but on a Uraniuesque way (My graphic style etc..). I named it Octodiamond menu ^^.

NOTE: The menu works A LOT faster than that.

Thats all for today friends =p. I'm expecting some positive feedback from that. Construtive comments would be nice, cya!

Old February 18th, 2009 (09:12 AM).
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

The octidiamond menu looks really cool. It's nice to see you doing a different take on the menu. Well done.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-Projects/326374858787
Old February 19th, 2009 (12:54 AM).
rhevarhe_duh
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Nice update, ~JV~.
Octodiamond? Octo-Diamond? 'Octo'? (remind me about octopus). lol.
Keep up the good work.
Old February 19th, 2009 (05:45 AM).
DamianLeonhart

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by rhevarhe_duh:
Nice update, ~JV~.
Octodiamond? Octo-Diamond? 'Octo'? (remind me about octopus). lol.
Keep up the good work.
It's name is derived from octo meaning 8 and Diamond referring to its shape. The menu has 8 items to choose and is in the shape of a diamond, so that explains that. I like the menu, it is different and is unlike anything I have ever seen from a game. Good work.
Old February 20th, 2009 (01:09 PM).
JesusLuvsU
Beginning Trainer

Looks great, expecially the diamond bag, is there a demo out yet? X_X ive got poke'ivitus
Old February 20th, 2009 (04:00 PM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote originally posted by JesusLuvsU:
Looks great, expecially the diamond bag, is there a demo out yet? X_X ive got poke'ivitus
Thanks, and I wont be telling any date..

Quote originally posted by Hall Of Famer:
Can't believe I never checked out this thread before. The new menu screen looks quite interesting and creative. The fakemon sprites are among the best I've ever seen from this board so far.
Glad you liked, I'm certain the both Zephyr and PichuK are really proud of their work xD

Quote originally posted by DamianLeonhart:
It's name is derived from octo meaning 8 and Diamond referring to its shape. The menu has 8 items to choose and is in the shape of a diamond, so that explains that. I like the menu, it is different and is unlike anything I have ever seen from a game. Good work.
Exactly ^^.

Quote originally posted by Neo-Dragon:
The octidiamond menu looks really cool. It's nice to see you doing a different take on the menu. Well done.
I'm really happy that you liked it, after all, you're the best with custom systems/menus on this forum ;p.

Here is a teaser screen for fun..

Old February 20th, 2009 (04:09 PM).
victorspvl
Beginning Trainer

"Feel like a Pokémon Trainer."

wait...
Old February 20th, 2009 (06:19 PM).
h POKE
angry kid and a keyboard

Well, I've seen the features in the update before, so I think you know that I like them, however... I do have to comment on your new teaser screen.

The style of that new sprite doesn't seem to go well with your new style. I think the difference is mainly in the perspective, or the pose. For that new sprite, you have a very conventional pose from a head-on perspective, but many of the new sprites you've shown seem to use poses and perspectives much more like Platinum.

Also, the battle background is a bit off in my opinion. It looks not so much like Pokemon as Final Fantasy, or gritty Fire Emblem.

Sponsored Links