Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page Pokemon Uranium

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What you think about the project?
It's awesome! I NEED to play it! 201 61.28%
Its great, maybe ill use the userbar. 27 8.23%
Its good, like the others in this forum. 61 18.60%
Below average. 15 4.57%
I don't like it ¬¬ 24 7.32%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old February 22nd, 2009 (03:00 AM).
Co-Founder of Net Labs Inc.

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Speedy G32
This game is turning out very well do you maybe need any help still on anything send me a PM
Old February 24th, 2009 (06:32 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
@hPoke: About the new pokémon sprite I'll let Zephyr answer you since she made that one..

As some of you know, on Sunday it was my birthday. I couldn't make anything special for you because I didn't had much time but today I managed to make a gameplay video of the Passage cave which is the connection between Kevlar Town and Nowtoch City (1st gym city).
On that one you'll also be able to check the new menu better than on the gif, also check a lot of new mixed midis that I made as well. Have fun!

Spoiler:

NOTE: Don't mind the Surfing Gary there, I put him there for debugging purposes and forgot to remove him before making the video =/.

For some odd reason the youtube bbc function isn't working so here is the link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3UXtW9L9II
Old February 24th, 2009 (08:35 AM).
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Well... It's kinda nice. Are you going to edit the tileset of the cave?
Happy bday!
Old February 24th, 2009 (04:30 PM).
Oripoke
Gold Tier

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by h POKE:
Well, I've seen the features in the update before, so I think you know that I like them, however... I do have to comment on your new teaser screen.

The style of that new sprite doesn't seem to go well with your new style. I think the difference is mainly in the perspective, or the pose. For that new sprite, you have a very conventional pose from a head-on perspective, but many of the new sprites you've shown seem to use poses and perspectives much more like Platinum.

Also, the battle background is a bit off in my opinion. It looks not so much like Pokemon as Final Fantasy, or gritty Fire Emblem.
Pahar's sprite is actually in the same style of the rest in terms of coloring and shading; "Platinum-style" isn't exactly what I would call a different style from D/P; some D/P sprites were posed dynamically too (Vulpix comes to mind). I simply chose a static pose in this case in order to show off the design details, which may not have come out as well had it been, say, flying. Its evolutions should satisfy your craving for the extreme. ;D

The backgrounds are from Keitai Denjuu Telefang 2, and I rather prefer them to the bland traditional Pokemon backgrounds. Do you think it would look better if it was blurred slightly?
Old February 24th, 2009 (04:32 PM).

sounds cool,but personally...i don't like any hack that has new pokes...
i preffer the old pokes hehe
Old February 24th, 2009 (05:05 PM).
angry kid and a keyboard

Oh goodness, you just said the h-word.

I like the way the game looks a lot. However, there are a few things I should point out:

- At the opening to the city after the cave (either you haven't released the name or I don't remember it-- probably the latter), the fence you placed crosses over into the river. Kind of vague, but you can see it in the player's view right as he saves.

-The cave seems a little on the thin side (specifically towards the end)... it's also a little short, but I guess that's just because it's at the beginning of the game.

- What kind of "manly" trainer carries around Barewl?

@ZephyrPlusle: Ah.. I didn't recognize the backgrounds. I'm a huge fan of Telefang, though. Still, there's nothing wrong about a static pose (so many pokemon in third gen were in it...), it's just that dynamic poses DO look way better, in my opinion.
Old February 24th, 2009 (05:32 PM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote originally posted by KeybladeRoxas:
sounds cool,but personally...i don't like any hack that has new pokes...
i preffer the old pokes hehe
What really doesn't sound cool is you calling my game a hack..

Quote originally posted by h POKE:
Oh goodness, you just said the h-word.

I like the way the game looks a lot. However, there are a few things I should point out:

- At the opening to the city after the cave (either you haven't released the name or I don't remember it-- probably the latter), the fence you placed crosses over into the river. Kind of vague, but you can see it in the player's view right as he saves.

-The cave seems a little on the thin side (specifically towards the end)... it's also a little short, but I guess that's just because it's at the beginning of the game.

- What kind of "manly" trainer carries around Barewl?

@ZephyrPlusle: Ah.. I didn't recognize the backgrounds. I'm a huge fan of Telefang, though. Still, there's nothing wrong about a static pose (so many pokemon in third gen were in it...), it's just that dynamic poses DO look way better, in my opinion.

1- Oops, forgot to fix that ^^

2- It may seem short, but I was really lucky to pass through it that fast, and if you start with any other starter than Flager, believe, it's hard..

3- Oh c'mon only the manliest man are able to tame a Barewl ;p. (Really that never came to my mind, that even sounded as an irony..)
Old March 2nd, 2009 (05:03 PM).
Aspiring Pokémon Master...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Undefined~
Nice video, but I'm not sure if I like the intro music. Although I love the battle graphics and the trainer battle music!

Old March 2nd, 2009 (09:47 PM).

The game looks exciting and cool, the only part I don't like is that he picks your pokemon based on the quiz. I don't know if he lets you choose but other than that, AWSOME!!!

Old March 5th, 2009 (03:46 PM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Thx for the support dudes, I've updated the first post putting there all the information given on the last update. I also took out the game pokedex from the first post. I'll leave the next fakemon as a surprise for you so the game gets more exciting and enjoyable ;p. Also a closed beta is already being tested by the team and also a few people. Thats all for today.
Old March 5th, 2009 (05:26 PM).

looks solid cant wait to play the finished product
Old March 7th, 2009 (04:43 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

I guess I forgot to show the trainer card =x, so here is a small update about it:

As you can see, it's quite different from the regular trainer cards with 8 badge slots. That's why we won't have 8 badges but 6 badges plus 6 "stickers"! The stickers will be gained lately on the game and they are earned on a quite different way. That's still a secret!

Expect some micro updates these days ;p.
Old March 9th, 2009 (02:47 AM).
Am I really...? Gold?

Nature: Naughty
I like it but where do I download it??????? sorry for this question...... and I really like it I think you should put some good sprites.......
Big Brothers - TheSilentJoker

Old March 9th, 2009 (12:39 PM).
Oripoke
Gold Tier

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by master95:
I like it but where do I download it??????? sorry for this question...... and I really like it I think you should put some good sprites.......
We're still in the betatesting phase, so there is no downloadable game yet. You're going to have to be content with screenshots and videos for now. (Believe me, it'll be worth the wait! ;D)

And I'm trying my hardest to make some nice eyecandy for all of you :3
Old March 9th, 2009 (01:20 PM).

Oh sweeeat;p It looks it would be a great game... keep doing your work
Old March 14th, 2009 (10:27 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

UPDATE:

Sry to everyone for not making a decent update this last weeks.. Thats probably the reason why the thread almost got to the second page =x. Well thats about to change, because I'm bringing you an important and full of screenshots update!
Update contents:

-Professor Bamb'o
-Rival revealed
-New Pokémon
-New tiles
-New effects

Professor Bamb'o:

Yesterday I just realised that I didn't present you Tandor professor, professor Bamb'o. I've only showed him on a old video the most of you didn't see.

Bamb'o is an expert on Pokémon elements, as it's noticable, he doesn't like to walk around using scientist clothes like most of his mates do. He is the hero's father best friend and thats why he choose you to be his trainer assistant. Another boy also step up the challenge, Theo a eleven year old boy who is your friend since the hero was really young.

Rival revealed:

As you could read on the Bamb'o note, you take the test to be a Pokémon trainer together with a Theo a eleven year old boy. Now you're probably guessing, why someone two years younger than the recommended age to start as a trainer is already getting his first pokémon..
Theo is always trying to beat the hero on any possible challenge, because of that he insisted Bamb'o to allow him to take the test and also asked to his father help him with his journey. Even being so young, Theo will prove to be a smart trainer, who know to balance his team correctly. He will be really important for the on-going plot..
Here are some of the first events he will appear:

That event is the Pokémon Personality Test. You take it together with Theo, thats also his first appeareance on the game.

Thats event happens after the hero got the first badge, thats also your first battle versus Theo =p.Thats all I wanted to show you about Theo till the moment.
(All those wonderful dialogues written by Zephyr :3)

New pokémon:

As some of you have seen, I removed the dex on the first post so the game gets more exciting and all, though I'll keep showing some of the new pokémon on big updates like that one.

I present you, our newest addition to Tandor's pokedex, Dunseraph!

It's Zephyr desing and sprite, I really like it =p. He is Tandor exclusice Durnsparce evolution, and is Dragon/Flying.

New tiles:

As time goes, our custom tileset (by ZephyrPlusle xD) is growing as well! I'm now showing you our new cliff/mountain ones which I like a lot =p. Here is a screen (check the rival events screens to check for them as well):

New effects:

Some days ago, I made a custom dark area effect for the caves 8D, take a look:

That was pretty much everything I wanted to show you that time, if I could name that update, it would be Zeph update cause really, 90% of the sprites/tiles shown on this one was made by her. Expect new tiles, sprites and screens soon, hope you liked ^^. Construtive criticism is welcome.

Old March 14th, 2009 (11:37 AM).
Pityin' fools.

Nature: Jolly
Wow, this has been a week filled with big updates! I adore the entire concept of Dunsparce's evolution; I have always had a soft spot for that guy! I mean, honestly, he is rare to find, forgotten easily, fairly weak, normal typed, and without an evo. I have seen a lot of evolutions for him, but none have looked that good. I also love the new tilesets! When I'm ready to make my own game, I plan on making all my tiles custom, and its a great inspiration to see other people having success with the endeavor.

Continue with the noble efforts!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Garbodium?feature=guide
Old March 15th, 2009 (01:46 PM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote originally posted by Mista T:
Wow, this has been a week filled with big updates! I adore the entire concept of Dunsparce's evolution; I have always had a soft spot for that guy! I mean, honestly, he is rare to find, forgotten easily, fairly weak, normal typed, and without an evo. I have seen a lot of evolutions for him, but none have looked that good. I also love the new tilesets! When I'm ready to make my own game, I plan on making all my tiles custom, and its a great inspiration to see other people having success with the endeavor.

Continue with the noble efforts!
Glad you liked the new fakemon and I'm sure Zephyr is as well =p.

Well I thought I would get a bit more feedback you know.. Anyways, is there anything you guys would be more interested on seeing on the next update? I'm open to suggestions lol.
Old March 16th, 2009 (03:35 PM).
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
A good update. Nice and clear.
Great job. Keep it up, man.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 20th, 2009 (08:54 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

hey guys, something terrible happened.. My pc got infected by a virus that I have never seen before, it's a new one, people started commenting about it this month. I probably downloaded an infected .exe, after 2 minutes I downloaded it there were 2238 .exe infected by it. I had to make a deep format on the computer. I have a Uranium backup on my pen drive, but don't if it was infected... Also have a backup uploaded on the internet, but that one is one month old.. Plz, wish me good luck..

EDIT: The virus name is w32:vitro, no anti virus can fix files infected by it, so BEWARE, that thing destroy your pc in minutes.
Old March 26th, 2009 (11:04 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

erhh since anyone posted here for 5 days, I'm double posting to tell you that I managed to recover the pendrive and with it Uranium. I only lost one day of work, which can be redone quickly. Since I'm happy, I'm revealing the first gym leader of the game, Rachel =D.

Here is a battle screen:

Now we can make that thread active again xD.

EDIT: That bg is not definitive by the way =x.
Old March 26th, 2009 (03:22 PM).
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by ~JV~:
erhh since anyone posted here for 5 days, I'm double posting to tell you that I managed to recover the pendrive and with it Uranium. I only lost one day of work, which can be redone quickly. Since I'm happy, I'm revealing the first gym leader of the game, Rachel =D.

Here is a battle screen:

Now we can make that thread active again xD.

EDIT: That bg is not definitive by the way =x.
What type does she use? You should more to distinguish it from the others. it looks like a regular trainer.Maybe give it the look of a gym leader. Anyway I do think this game deserves more attention but keep doing what your doing.
Old March 27th, 2009 (05:29 PM).

awsome, evrything is so great

Old March 29th, 2009 (06:44 AM).
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote originally posted by PokemonOI:
What type does she use? You should more to distinguish it from the others. it looks like a regular trainer.Maybe give it the look of a gym leader. Anyway I do think this game deserves more attention but keep doing what your doing.
Normal, she is supposed to be a new and young gym leader since her work is to approve trainers to continue their adventure. Agree with you =x.

Quote originally posted by Sricule:
awsome, evrything is so great
Thanks ^^.

Well everyone, expect an update really soon =p. Erh.. it will be a musical update.

Also, we are open to new members/workers again so if anyone is interested, pm/vm me. Check this post on the new team recruitment thread made by Neo Dragon =p for more information about what I want:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4476303&postcount=3
Old April 2nd, 2009 (05:23 PM).
*trying to lick elbow*

Send a message via AIM to Bz
cool! keep it up :-)
(need a longer message...stalling)

-
Raising the bar
=--=
ELG Leader

Closed Thread