The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old October 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM
.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com

Advertise here
Pokémon Adamant Diamond Version!
"Ugh... another D/P Premake"

Hack of FIRE RED

Introduction
I really like Diamond so far as a game, and I figured I'd get ahead on the action before a lot of premakes come on the surface. I'm actually not even close to finished in the Diamond game! I'm just about up to Jubilife city. I figured if I work/hack it out while I'm still getting the storyline/game down, it would have a better, more genuine outcome. This hack I've just been doing in my free time for not that long.

Storyline
One morning you see a news story on a red Gyarados on a news report. Later, after some talking with your mom, you go to see your rival/friend on Verity Lakefront, and he plans to find a "red Gyarados with you." Both of you notice a Professor named Rowan and his daughter, Dawn. Once they leave, the suitcase still remains. After both of you brush one's mom's advice off your shoulder(To not go in the grass, seeing as you don't have a pokémon of your own yet), wild pokémon attack! In a desperate effort, you take one of the three pokémon you saw in the suitcase earlier. Later, after some explaining to your mom and the professor, you don't get the pokémon taken back or asked for it back, so now you have a starter of your own.

Features
- Zeikku's Rombase
- D/P Pokémon(Obviously...) ; thanks to the rombase
- The D/P game and storyline premade in GBA format, with some new features
- Go to Hoenn! To get there, I'll explain later.
- (Maybe) Some changed routes
- (Maybe)Alternative overworlds, because I didn't like what D/P offers
- More to come!

Media

All of this is old, as right now I'm currently doing these maps more exact, by using a grid generator on full maps from Bulbapedia.

Screenshots
Spoiler:


I'm using the lowercase on the town names
and signs, as D/P did.

Too bad I can't go down there yet :D









With the footprints. Sand without
footprints ruins the town's point. :D


Maps
Spoiler:






Route 201 (the reason why this is in spoilers )

Verity Lakefront

Sandgem Town(may get some changes)

Route 202


Videos
Spoiler:
None yet. :\


Support Banners/Userbars

Spoiler:


HTML Code:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4058988][IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/34qpod3.jpg[/IMG][/url]
Just that for now. I'll make more sometime soon!





Team

someperson2008
- Mapping
- Texting
- Banners and Userbars

Hackimon12
- Scripter

Kat (demonparia)
-Tester
- Part-Time Scripting
- Ideas

Faint Brushfire
- Mapper
- Basic Scripting


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Testers

Alpha - Weeble
Beta - Ian758, Mages4ever, pokemon luver, Weeble, goz, PokemonCrazy


NEED
- Scripters(yes, plural)
- More beta/alpha testers
- Ideas, if you have ones I didn't think of yet
- Backsprite editor(if I do different overworlds of the hero/heroine from D/P, the existing D/P one has to be edited)

If you want to do a job, just fill this out

EXAMPLE
Name: someperson2008
Job Wanted: Beta tester
Contact: AIM,MSN, Yahoo! screenname, if any
Proof of Work: Put any that you have. If you don't, no worries, I can't really judge seeing as I'm not a pro at this myself

Status
- May do a new, different overhaul of this, still based in Sinnoh


Releases
None yet.

Last edited by .com; December 13th, 2008 at 12:29 AM.
  #2    
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:30 PM
Ian758's Avatar
Ian758
Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MN
Age: 20
Nature: Relaxed
Sounds Awesome!! Can't wait for the first release! I dunno if I should even go through with Pokemon GB because I can't get much help... I want to learn how to script but thats not easy! Well here is my application if I decide to cut Pokemon GB..
Name: Ian758
Job Wanted: Beta Tester
Contact: [email protected]
Proof of work: umm well I play alot of hacks and find many glitches so I can do that to keep ur hack realistic!
__________________
Hacks I support




My hacks:

Pokemon Eon Blue and Eon Red - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180655

My Pokemon Friend Codes:
Diamond: Inactive
Platinum: 0259 6163 6188
Pokemon Battle Revolution: Private Message me for that FC
  #3    
Old October 23rd, 2008, 12:55 AM
Surf's Avatar
Surf
...
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Rust
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Surf
Name: Hackimon12
Job Wanted: Scripter
Contact: Screenname [email protected]
Proof of Work: I really can't be bothered putting any but okay.
Spoiler:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x0 goto @hey!
if 0x1 goto @end
end

#org @hey!
lockall
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @move
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
msgbox @talk
callstd 0x6
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @back1
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
applymovement 0xFF @back
waitmovement 0x0
releaseall
end

#org @talk
= I reckon I should check out \nthat machine.

#org @move
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @back1
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @back
#raw 0x11 0xFE

#org @end
release
end


you can use that in the hack as a base for some scripts
__________________
I'm looking for some good (When I say good,
I mean you can hold your own by yourself)
N**i Zombies players, to form a team or even a
clan, to play with casually.
Send me a PM with your Highest Level and your PSN,
and I'll get back to you.
  #4    
Old October 23rd, 2008, 01:57 PM
poddish's Avatar
poddish
Spirit Of Radio
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Earth
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to poddish
Great so far...
So are you overwriting just the 25 blank spaces for d/p pokemon, or are you going to overwrite "real" pokemon, or are you going to hex edit, and put more pokemon after chimeco (note Chimeco in hex is AFTER Deoxys, so I was just clearing that up)
__________________
I believe children are the future.
As such, we can do whatever we want, and in the future, when it's time to clean up our mess, they will have to do it for us.
  #5    
Old October 23rd, 2008, 02:02 PM
Mages4ever's Avatar
Mages4ever
Looking for a Challenge!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Name: Mages4ever o.O
Job Wanted: Beta tester
Contact: [email protected]
Proof of Work: What do you add for beta testing?
__________________

►Waiting for LBP2.




  #6    
Old October 23rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian758 View Post
Sounds Awesome!! Can't wait for the first release! I dunno if I should even go through with Pokemon GB because I can't get much help... I want to learn how to script but thats not easy! Well here is my application if I decide to cut Pokemon GB..
Name: Ian758
Job Wanted: Beta Tester
Contact: [email protected]
Proof of work: umm well I play alot of hacks and find many glitches so I can do that to keep ur hack realistic!
ok you're up on the first post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackimon12 View Post
Name: Hackimon12
Job Wanted: Scripter
Contact: Screenname [email protected]
Proof of Work: I really can't be bothered putting any but okay.
Spoiler:
#Dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x0 goto @hey!
if 0x1 goto @end
end

#org @hey!
lockall
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @move
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
msgbox @talk
callstd 0x6
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @back1
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
applymovement 0xFF @back
waitmovement 0x0
releaseall
end

#org @talk
= I reckon I should check out \nthat machine.

#org @move
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @back1
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @back
#raw 0x11 0xFE

#org @end
release
end


you can use that in the hack as a base for some scripts
Anything helps lol, seeing as I can't script myself
*adds to list*

Quote:
Originally Posted by poddish View Post
Great so far...
So are you overwriting just the 25 blank spaces for d/p pokemon, or are you going to overwrite "real" pokemon, or are you going to hex edit, and put more pokemon after chimeco (note Chimeco in hex is AFTER Deoxys, so I was just clearing that up)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mages4ever View Post
Name: Mages4ever o.O
Job Wanted: Beta tester
Contact: [email protected]
Proof of Work: What do you add for beta testing?
Well, Zeikku's rombase already has D/P pokemon on it, I can't list all of them out right now. Idk if it overwrote exisiting ones or not. I hope not lol. Because(i haven't listed it on features yet) I want it to have all pokemon catchable in the game without any special events exclusive to doing a certain thing. Oh yeah, ur on the list now btw lol, and you probably saw I added you on MSN.

..and nothing is required for beta testing, as long as you don't go and leak early unfinished patches out lol.
  #7    
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
Mages4ever's Avatar
Mages4ever
Looking for a Challenge!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
No, I mean that ,but I mean what can you really say about yourself as a beta tester lolz.
__________________

►Waiting for LBP2.




  #8    
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mages4ever View Post
No, I mean that ,but I mean what can you really say about yourself as a beta tester lolz.
Yeah. you don't really need to say anything... The proof of work is more for mappers and short scripts, if you want to post them(in spoilers). Beta testers can just put any hacks they've tested/are testing for, as an optional thing.
  #9    
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
Ruphire's Avatar
Ruphire
Feel the icy burn
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United States, Oklahoma
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
May I be a beta tester??? I would very much like to!
__________________
  #10    
Old October 23rd, 2008, 03:58 PM
.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon luver View Post
May I be a beta tester??? I would very much like to!
:\

... no, you can't...

...

I'm jk lol. Yeah, you can. I just added you to the list
  #11    
Old October 24th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Hiche..'s Avatar
Hiche..
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
The hack is not bad. It's good actually. Though there are many DP remakes.
Anyway, I hope you stick with the project and don't quit it. Good luck.
  #12    
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:23 PM
.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiche View Post
The hack is not bad. It's good actually. Though there are many DP remakes.
Anyway, I hope you stick with the project and don't quit it. Good luck.
I've only seen a few dp remakes so far so i didn't know that lol. It's only maps and text on my part, so it's not so much or a burden that i would quit.
  #13    
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern Europe
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Hmm intresting. And i see you decided to put sinnoh over hoenn when it clearly isnt but who cares! Its your game so bol.
  #14    
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Step.One.Step.Closer.To.Me's Avatar
Step.One.Step.Closer.To.Me
соlоя, lзт Іт ∂яаg you аωаy.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Why do ya wanna kno?, Are you gonna stalk me?
Age: 17
Gender:
Nature: Naughty
Alpha Tester.....
.......................
.......................
.......................
Hehe now there is no excuse that you have enough beta testers cuz i'll b an alpha tester!
EDIT: Put me as a beta tester if you choose me though
__________________
Paramore Rox!!!
  #15    
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:50 PM
.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~link smash~ View Post
Hmm intresting. And i see you decided to put sinnoh over hoenn when it clearly isnt but who cares! Its your game so bol.
where is it then? I can change it easily, not a big deal, just a few tiles and map connections lol. But i really don't know where it is in relation to Kanto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeble View Post
Alpha Tester.....
.......................
.......................
.......................
Hehe now there is no excuse that you have enough beta testers cuz i'll b an alpha tester!
EDIT: Put me as a beta tester if you choose me though
You can be both...
  #16    
Old October 24th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Pretty good, xcept the OW grass and trees.
__________________
Cadance.
  #17    
Old October 24th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Zeikku™'s Avatar
Zeikku™
Johto remaker
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London, England
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zeikku™
Just stopping by, Ok few things, as a D/P premaker myself I expect better mapping XD
The rombase I released has way more than an average rombase. It has the DP houses for one, you should use those, for twinleaf.
The route maps seem to look like mine XD...mainly cos we have the same tiles rofl, but i don't care about that. main concern is grass an trees never grow in square formation, there are two sets of trees from the rombase. use them together. they will up the look of your map.

I would recomend, using Cinnabars tileset for sandgem, has a proper lab XD
Oh and the last map route (202) has errors look over them XD

other than thats it's going pretty smooth, great work
thanks for using my base too..means a lot
__________________

Follow me on Twitter by clicking on my signature.
  #18    
Old October 24th, 2008, 05:28 PM
.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounder_Zeikku View Post
Just stopping by, Ok few things, as a D/P premaker myself I expect better mapping XD
The rombase I released has way more than an average rombase. It has the DP houses for one, you should use those, for twinleaf.
The route maps seem to look like mine XD...mainly cos we have the same tiles rofl, but i don't care about that. main concern is grass an trees never grow in square formation, there are two sets of trees from the rombase. use them together. they will up the look of your map.

I would recomend, using Cinnabars tileset for sandgem, has a proper lab XD
Oh and the last map route (202) has errors look over them XD

other than thats it's going pretty smooth, great work
thanks for using my base too..means a lot
well, on the twinleaf map, the houses weren't coming out right so I'm just using the old pallet ones as a placeholder basically, and I did plan on changing them at some point. and about the route 102, I know it's not exact to the one in D/P, but the only errors I found were the map connection being off by 1-2 tiles and trees not lining up with lines of trees. And, I agree, that route needs work XD. I didn't want to remap the whole map just because of a 1 tile difference at the time, but I will change it at some point. Like I said earlier, some maps need work. XD lol
  #19    
Old October 24th, 2008, 06:21 PM
goz's Avatar
goz
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Gender:
look's nice i like the ow
can i be a beta tester
name:goz
__________________

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!


  #20    
Old October 25th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Ruphire's Avatar
Ruphire
Feel the icy burn
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United States, Oklahoma
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Thanks *Starts running around screaming* soooo I'm happy thank you! Oh could I make a suggestion? Can you put Origin Form Giratina in there? That would be awesome!
__________________
  #21    
Old October 25th, 2008, 10:55 AM
.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
Quote:
Originally Posted by goz View Post
look's nice i like the ow
can i be a beta tester
name:goz
yeah, you can. lol but the ow is the same as in fire red in the screenies and I haven't changed it yet so it's not exactly a new thing to like lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon luver View Post
Thanks *Starts running around screaming* soooo I'm happy thank you! Oh could I make a suggestion? Can you put Origin Form Giratina in there? That would be awesome!
Idrk about Giratina. Like I wrote, i'm barely into D/P, and I'm going to spend more time finishing the game instead of working on this, so I know more of the storyline and know all the new pkmn in it.
  #22    
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:51 PM
.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
okay, just an update.

when i was mapping before, I was doing it to scale the best I could while playing the game, using screenshots, as I couldn't find full maps. I found full ones on Bulbapedia today, and I'm putting 16x16 squares(one tile) with a grid generator on them, so the maps will come out EXACT to D/P
  #24    
Old November 28th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Step.One.Step.Closer.To.Me's Avatar
Step.One.Step.Closer.To.Me
соlоя, lзт Іт ∂яаg you аωаy.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Why do ya wanna kno?, Are you gonna stalk me?
Age: 17
Gender:
Nature: Naughty
Need me to beta test now?
__________________
Paramore Rox!!!
  #25    
Old November 29th, 2008, 08:59 PM
.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to .com
I'll add you to the list when I have the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeble View Post
Need me to beta test now?
not yet. I've been busy with other things and hacks lately so work has slowed. I may make some major storyline changes to this, and just have to based in sinnoh, with a different storyline. And I may also add a different region besides Hoenn. Right now is a new idea/development stage ig...
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:12 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.