Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old January 25th, 2011 (09:02 AM).

Hi can somebody upload the corrected patch from 4shared to load.to or as direct download to this site really quick please. Because 4shared works not for me.wysiwyg=0
Old January 25th, 2011 (10:56 AM).
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
I am stop playing cuz I don't understand what am I doing or what I need to do. So, I have to wait for English version. So, my Question, has the translation of Light Platinum started? Like me many other Pokemon (Hack) lover are waiting for English version. Hope the translation finish in this January. Thanks Wesley for making a wonderful Hack.

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old January 25th, 2011 (11:05 AM).

Quote originally posted by Darkerm:
I am stop playing cuz I don't understand what am I doing or what I need to do. So, I have to wait for English version. So, my Question, has the translation of Light Platinum started? Like me many other Pokemon (Hack) lover are waiting for English version. Hope the translation finish in this January. Thanks Wesley for making a wonderful Hack.
Yea i didn't understand anything either so im going to wait till the english version is out, but besides that this great is really good,i'll be waiting to play this game in english soon.
Old January 25th, 2011 (12:18 PM).

nobody here please i need the corrected patch from 4shared on load.to or direct from here. please quick guys please please pleasewysiwyg=0
Old January 25th, 2011 (12:57 PM).
Ace Trainer

Nature: Calm
I couldn't stand it and I started playing. I just gained the first badge. I noticed the game has changed (mainly the trainers, they are much more stronger, overall the game is more difficult than the beta 2, which is quite a plus).

I really enjoyed the Safari Zone, it was a great idea to put in in the beginning of the game. I don't even mind that I don't understand anything.

As far as bugs are concerned, I had the "different sprite moves" problem. Also, I noticed, that some areas on the map don't have a description (e.g. the city with a route, which is located in the sea).

And if I may have a question for Wesley ... Is it possible to catch a Beldum, Bronzor or Aron? Thanks for answering.

Well, I'm going to keep playing and share more experience with you =)

tubby31: check the topic, Wesley posted a link, you can download a *.gba version from his webpage, so you don't have to patch
Old January 25th, 2011 (01:00 PM).

Quote originally posted by Darkerm:

let us even think of realism, I do not think that it is finished in January, I'd say that the English translation will last until mid-February, I certainly hope it will come sooner.

With a German or Turkish patch would be better for me
Old January 25th, 2011 (01:30 PM).
Professional Coolguy

Nature: Relaxed
I'm not sure if it is this way for the other battles, but in BRAMBOCH TOWN, when you fight RED, he is called AROMA LADY RED instead of just RED.
Old January 25th, 2011 (01:34 PM).
Ace Trainer

Quote originally posted by Drostyles7676:
can someone post the english gba file of this please
You will have to wait for a translation.
Old January 25th, 2011 (03:05 PM). Edited January 25th, 2011 by mkc90.

I tried playing the final version but it doesnt atart i dnt use visual advance i use gameboid for my android phone. I been other hacks n original pokemon games n they work good and also this hack the beta 3 but i camt play the final version it wont. Start can somebody help me is there a problem with the patch or whats wrong ???

The save setting i put it in 128k just how yall say it works but it doesnt the screen its white and its weord because the beta 3 does work
Old January 25th, 2011 (04:47 PM).

quick question... im stuck at snowce city, and dont know where to go, if you can send me a personal message or a quick responce, it'd be great. thanks =P
Old January 26th, 2011 (12:31 AM).
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Would it be rude of me to ask for some kind of guide as to how long the translation will take? I certainly don't mean to try to hound you or anything, and can certainly understand the desire not to commit to a specific date, I just haven't been on the waiting end for something like this before. A couple of days? Weeks? Months? If you could just let me know the ballpark basic timeframe expected, it'd be much appreciated. If not, I apologize for the intrusion and wish you guys the best of luck.
Old January 26th, 2011 (06:24 AM).
Ace Trainer

Snakebyte:
Because the game is very long and the translators have their own duties like school etc., I would say the translation will be completed in March or later.
Old January 26th, 2011 (08:49 AM).
I am Mr.Cheese !!Who is DSQ?..

I am also stuck at snowce city, the gym leader won't show up.

Old January 26th, 2011 (08:58 AM).

This game go very slow on my emulator..why??? i dont know if this is problem on my emulator or....
Old January 26th, 2011 (12:03 PM).
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Steeldude: With respect, I would prefer to hear an estimate from someone actually working on it instead of pure speculation.
Old January 26th, 2011 (12:57 PM).

im also stuck in snowe city the leader doesn't appear and i can go far because a trainer tells that i need strong pokemon to pass some help please
about the hack mine piplup doesn't evolve, some pokemons give too much experience and others like drifblim give less
Old January 26th, 2011 (07:52 PM).
Professional Coolguy

Nature: Relaxed
I found that you can acquire Lava Surf in both Marfeny Lake and Mt. Shuem, very close together in the game, take your pick!

Old January 26th, 2011 (08:51 PM).

Man, when we go to the second floor in Sky Tower, at LAUREN, we go to a kind of island without exit and the TEAM STEAM trying to capture Rayquaza, the only way to get out of there is losing a battle. Pikakaka had the same bug as i did.
Old January 27th, 2011 (06:38 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Okay once again this thread has changed into SPAM paradise...
1) DO NOT ASK WHEN THIS WILL BE TRANSLATED, will you?
I don't know, I won't know and I can't know =)
2) Do not ask for gbas, it will not be released in gba format because it's against rules =)

As for the translation... I have not started yet. I'm still waiting for SP. If he does not contact me next week I'll start working on this alone.
Anyways if you guys wanna have new names in English beta write them so I can use them, 'kay?
And the finishing date...? January? No one can be so naive to even believe it, right?
February? Maybe in dream world =)
March? Probably.
April? I'd like to have this over with. So it should be complete.

Quote originally posted by Snakebyte:
Steeldude: With respect, I would prefer to hear an estimate from someone actually working on it instead of pure speculation.
Dude has the right to speculate, because he knows me

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 27th, 2011 (08:22 AM).
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
So far I am in Dardusk City and I've enjoyed playing so far.
However, I have encountered several glitches and oddities.
Spoiler:

Dialga seems awkward in this position.

Railway tracks just stop

Tile error.

Another one.

This is Safari Zone. :\

Weird mountain position.

Hehe

I cannot walk down here.

Reflective grass.

Strange door animation glitch.

Standing on a tree.

And again.

And again...

If I'm wearing my Steam Uniform, I cannot get down these stairs.

Border error.

Aaaand again.

Again door ani glitch.

THIS. It's not just this Bronzor, however. Many Trainers' Pokemon have moves they shouldn't have.

Yes, the offscreen-player glitch.

Another bad case of attacks.

I hope you are able to fix these bugs.
Old January 27th, 2011 (11:23 AM).

English: I found a bug important!
the initials of the fourth generation Pokemon do not evolve!
Turtwig've trained up to level 20 and it has not evolved!
--------------------------------------
Portugues: encontrei um bug importante!
os pokemons iniciais da quarta geração não evoluem!
treinei o turtwig até o nivel 20 e ele não evoluiu!
Old January 27th, 2011 (11:45 AM). Edited January 27th, 2011 by Blake Blaze.

how evolve Kadabra ? and i don't know what to do in dragonbreath city

sorry my bad english
Old January 27th, 2011 (11:53 AM).
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Okay once again this thread has changed into SPAM paradise...
1) DO NOT ASK WHEN THIS WILL BE TRANSLATED, will you?
I don't know, I won't know and I can't know =)
2) Do not ask for gbas, it will not be released in gba format because it's against rules =)

As for the translation... I have not started yet. I'm still waiting for SP. If he does not contact me next week I'll start working on this alone.
Anyways if you guys wanna have new names in English beta write them so I can use them, 'kay?
And the finishing date...? January? No one can be so naive to even believe it, right?
February? Maybe in dream world =)
March? Probably.
April? I'd like to have this over with. So it should be complete.

Dude has the right to speculate, because he knows me

People like me who wants to play the English version have to wait for a long loooooooooooooooooong time.

Nothing can do about this But I have an idea.
Why not just translate the main event for now like
(Gym leaders, Rivals, Tham steam and other important event) so that we can understand what we need to do.

Don't need to translate townspeople or other unnecessary script. I think it would take less time and we can play the hack. after that you can continue to translate every event\script.

So what people think about this? is it really necessary or everyone wants to wait for the full Translation to finish?

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old January 27th, 2011 (12:02 PM).
Wild Trainer Appeared!

I Remember I played a hack a long time ago and im pretty sure it was this one either beta 1 or beta 2
*POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT*! From beta 1 or 2:

I remember there was a hot air ballon thing that took me to a different place for a mission and when it was over I got a charmander.
So I wanted to know if it was this game so if it is i wont get the fire starter.

oh, and how do trade-evolution works here? Like Kadabra evolves in lvl 40 or so?

Old January 27th, 2011 (12:03 PM).

Man, anyone hear know how can I get through the Ghost Gym in Dardusk City? It's like the Sabrina Puzzle from the original retail games, but this now is near impossible. I'm stuck there for almost 2 hours. Fingers-crossed it's just a difficult part and not a major bug. Waiting for answers. Cheers you guys!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)