The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #3826    
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:43 AM
lukasz_pro's Avatar
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland,Gdańsk
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy

Advertise here
AMAZING HACK !!
i dont see this hack before
one of my favourites with liquid crystal and shiny gold :D !!
but IPS patch not work for me ;/ , i patched ruby rom and if i start emulator i have only white screen , GBA version works good ;D
there is gba 1.1 english version ? i dont know any word from portugal xD
  #3827    
Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
Snakebyte's Avatar
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
A common name is not a glitch. In my previous post, I said that Shopia is likely a typo for Sophia on Wesley's part. 'Too common' is not your call to make. It is not your hack.
  #3828    
Old May 23rd, 2011, 08:13 AM
Quilava's Master's Avatar
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
A common name is not a glitch. In my previous post, I said that Shopia is likely a typo for Sophia on Wesley's part. 'Too common' is not your call to make. It is not your hack.
This.

@Sarcastic Prince: Wouldn't it be more logical for you to translate everything first and then make your changes? That way you'd get the translation out of the way at a quicker pace. I would also suggest you make a pure translation patch, meaning minus all your changes, to quell the rage of the purists. A lot of people are against your petty changes [i.e. your changing of something as innocuous as music] so why not release an English patch sans your changes. That way people could play the hack as it was intended to be played, just in English.
__________________
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
  #3829    
Old May 23rd, 2011, 08:55 AM
nasonex's Avatar
nasonex
is trying to learn how to hack
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Parañaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
Maybe SP can't understand simple english like "English Version please"

The gamers asked specifically for "ENGLISH version" not modified LP english version.

Is that too hard to understand? o.O
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeding signature height limit
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #3830    
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
alphawing's Avatar
alphawing
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Gender: Female
I think you guys should calm down..

SP Is only doing what he thinks that its best.

Yes we all want a "English" version but if he can fix a bug or two that are present,why not ?
I mean he aint changing the game itself for gods sake ,he is just fixing some scripts and some issues in the game,also renaming trainers,whats the big deal? You cant stand a "Vats" instead of "Aqua"? ,it aint THAT of a problem.

Besides the fact that he is using his free time to make this mod for you and me and all others,you should be thankful to him and not criticse.

If you dont like what he is doing,do it urself and be happy...wha?You dont wanna do it urself cause its too hard/time-taking? Then Shush and respect somebody's work.

Keep on doing ur work Prince,good job cutie and thanks for ur work so far.

Respect
  #3831    
Old May 23rd, 2011, 03:43 PM
Darkerm's Avatar
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangladesh
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawing View Post
I think you guys should calm down..

SP Is only doing what he thinks that its best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawing View Post


Yes we all want a "English" version but if he can fix a bug or two that are present,why not ?

I mean he aint changing the game itself for gods sake ,he is just fixing some scripts and some issues in the game,also renaming trainers,whats the big deal? You cant stand a "Vats" instead of "Aqua"? ,it aint THAT of a problem.

Besides the fact that he is using his free time to make this mod for you and me and all others,you should be thankful to him and not criticse.


If you dont like what he is doing,do it urself and be happy...wha?You dont wanna do it urself cause its too hard/time-taking? Then Shush and respect somebody's work.


Keep on doing ur work Prince,good job cutie and thanks for ur work so far.


Respect


I'm with you mate. If they don't like what SP doing than do should try doing it themselves. Why am I saying this? Because I tried it and I know how it was. Its very hard work. I spend 2 days to translate but when I look at it I just translate few scripts and not fully correct. Sometime the text got out of text-box or text line got separated or too many grammar mistakes etc. that time I really understand, Believe me.

So, I really want to say to all. Don't just say bases on the post. try understanding it.
SP isn't doing wrong. He is making it more easier and enjoyable for us. If you don't agree with this, there is nothing can do about it.

Hope everybody support SP.


__________________


"My Hack"


Banner By "YAS"
Avatar By "HackMew"
  #3832    
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Quilava's Master's Avatar
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawing View Post
I think you guys should calm down..

SP Is only doing what he thinks that its best.
That's exactly what everyone has an issue with. He's changing things that don't need to be changed according to what he thinks is best, not what Wesley thought of. It's basically him saying that Wesley's ideas aren't good enough and that he is making them better which is utterly disrespectful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawing View Post
Yes we all want a "English" version but if he can fix a bug or two that are present,why not ?
I mean he aint changing the game itself for gods sake -_- ,he is just fixing some scripts and some issues in the game,also renaming trainers,whats the big deal? You cant stand a "Vats" instead of "Aqua"? ,it aint THAT of a problem.
And right there, my dear, is where you are wrong. Sarcastic Prince has stated that he's changing the music [Why is that necessary? Who the hell knows.] as well as the names of the central characters of the hack. I'd understand if the names were hard to pronounce [like some of the Japanese names] or too out there but the names are fine and again he's changing them simply because he thinks the names of the characters that the creator thought of just aren't good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawing View Post
Besides the fact that he is using his free time to make this mod for you and me and all others,you should be thankful to him and not criticse.

If you dont like what he is doing,do it urself and be happy...wha?You dont wanna do it urself cause its too hard/time-taking? Then Shush and respect somebody's work.
I know you are not aiming that comment towards me. "too hard/time-taking" doesn't apply to me. I spend my time hacking my own hack. A high quality hack at that. I know how time consuming it is to make a hack, even more than Sarcastic Prince would seeing as all he is doing is editing someone elses work. He's not crafting new scripts, events or any of that. He's using basic tools to "fix" what someone else's time & thought went into.
Also it's funny that you say "respect somebody's work" because that's exactly what Sarcastic Prince isn't doing. If he did have any real respect for Wesley's work he would be taking such liberties with his work. [His obviously referring to WesleyFG]

~QM
__________________
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
  #3833    
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
I said I was going to edit it if the script is not working.
But I've just run a test on it and the script worked to perfection.
That's weird because that script did not work for me on my first run :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
...
...
You don't want that to happen, do you?
Paradoxically we WANT that to happen It was Wes' idea to make it that way
Do you think American translators change levels of Japanese versions just because they think it's too hard to beat Gym Leaders?
You really should be considerate to Wes...
If he thought it should be the way he did it then it should stay that way.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #3834    
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:28 AM
axman11224's Avatar
axman11224
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Gender:
How about everyone just asks the original creator what he thinks?
__________________
  #3835    
Old May 24th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Habbedaz
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
This is clearly a matter of demand and agreement. If Sarcastic Prince has an agreement with Wesley, which he hopefully does, I'm fine with it. Because as the original Portuguese version was as good as it was, I trust Wesley's judgement enough to allow Sarcastic Prince to make those minor changes.

If he doesn't have that kind of an agreement however it's disrespectful. Plus most of the members obviously want the original hack (with bug fixes and English of course). And I agree. Rather originality than improved. Same reason I don't play any Pokémon games after 3. gen. Except this. Which is brilliant.
  #3836    
Old May 24th, 2011, 03:48 AM
alphawing's Avatar
alphawing
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
That's exactly what everyone has an issue with. He's changing things that don't need to be changed according to what he thinks is best, not what Wesley thought of. It's basically him saying that Wesley's ideas aren't good enough and that he is making them better which is utterly disrespectful.
True[50%] - Indeed changing things will make the game give a impression that it wasnt made to do by Wesley,but
False[50%] - Take in fact that we dont know if the experience will be worse or better until the final product will be finished.

Also im guessing Wesley is going to try the game once SP finished it to check if hes happy or not with the modifications.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
And right there, my dear, is where you are wrong. Sarcastic Prince has stated that he's changing the music [Why is that necessary? Who the hell knows.] as well as the names of the central characters of the hack. I'd understand if the names were hard to pronounce [like some of the Japanese names] or too out there but the names are fine and again he's changing them simply because he thinks the names of the characters that the creator thought of just aren't good enough.
True [50%]: Music,yes you're totally right,the ingame music shouldnt be changed unless the creator checks and thinks he would've put this music himself.
False [50%] : Character names,well yes you're kind of right there but also take in fact one thing...if he doesnt translate the names you'll end up in a phrase like "Juan Pablo has challenged you to a Battle" or "Guillermo selected Bulbasaur!" ,which would be the game too Hispanic...he's just trying to make it more English like " James has challenged you to a duel" or "George selected Bulbasaur" ,im spanish and i totally dont mind Portuguesse names,but some people actually want the game fully English-ed.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
I know you are not aiming that comment towards me. "too hard/time-taking" doesn't apply to me. I spend my time hacking my own hack. A high quality hack at that. I know how time consuming it is to make a hack, even more than Sarcastic Prince would seeing as all he is doing is editing someone elses work. He's not crafting new scripts, events or any of that. He's using basic tools to "fix" what someone else's time & thought went into.
Also it's funny that you say "respect somebody's work" because that's exactly what Sarcastic Prince isn't doing. If he did have any real respect for Wesley's work he would be taking such liberties with his work. [His obviously referring to WesleyFG]
100% True there,respect for your work and keep on doing it =)

Oh btw,i got nothing personal vs anybody Just giving my point of view :3


Respect,Jenny~~
*waves*
  #3837    
Old May 24th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
A common name is not a glitch. In my previous post, I said that Shopia is likely a typo for Sophia on Wesley's part. 'Too common' is not your call to make. It is not your hack.
Of course it's not a glitch. It's just... not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
This.

@Sarcastic Prince: Wouldn't it be more logical for you to translate everything first and then make your changes? That way you'd get the translation out of the way at a quicker pace. I would also suggest you make a pure translation patch, meaning minus all your changes, to quell the rage of the purists. A lot of people are against your petty changes [i.e. your changing of something as innocuous as music] so why not release an English patch sans your changes. That way people could play the hack as it was intended to be played, just in English.
Yes, yes, I'm trying to translate the whole thing first,
but more and more improvements have to be made
as I progress through the Hack. Currently, Ash is helping
with the translation. I'm waiting for him to send me back the patch.

By the way, if you haven't tried, how would you know that the improved
version is not as good as the original version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex View Post
Maybe SP can't understand simple english like "English Version please"

The gamers asked specifically for "ENGLISH version" not modified LP english version.

Is that too hard to understand? o.O
You really think that I don't understand that? Bah, nonsense.
And what's wrong with modifications? You wouldn't know which version
is better until you try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
1. That's exactly what everyone has an issue with. He's changing things that don't need to be changed according to what he thinks is best, not what Wesley thought of.

2. It's basically him saying that Wesley's ideas aren't good enough and that he is making them better which is utterly disrespectful.

Sarcastic Prince has stated that he's changing the music
[3. Why is that necessary? Who the hell knows.] as well as the names of the central characters of the hack. I'd understand if the names were hard to pronounce [like some of the Japanese names] or too out there 4. but the names are fine and again he's changing them simply because

5. he thinks the names of the characters that
the creator thought of just aren't good enough.


I know you are not aiming that comment towards me. "too hard/time-taking" doesn't apply to me. I spend my time hacking my own hack. A high quality hack at that. I know how time consuming it is to make a hack, even more than Sarcastic Prince would seeing as all he is doing is editing someone elses work.
6. He's not crafting new scripts, events or any of that. He's using basic tools to "fix" what someone else's time & thought went into.
Also it's funny that you say "respect somebody's work" because that's exactly what Sarcastic Prince isn't doing.
If he did have any real respect for Wesley's work he would be taking such liberties with his work. [His obviously referring to WesleyFG]

~QM
I'll reply your statements one by one.
1. Wrong. Not everyone, but some people.
2. There is nothing wrong with an editor editing anything at all.
That's not disrespectful at all. I even asked for his permission.
3. Why is that necessary? Well, too many places share the same
music track. Ain't that boring? I'm changing them because the music
will then match its environment.
4. The names aren't fine. Some of these names are either too common
or not good at all.
5. Congratulations! You've finally understood that Wesley is a terrible
name maker who can't make good names.
6. Wrong. I'M crafting new scripts for two new Rivals. I'm also fixing the errors that Wesley made, instead of "fixing what someone else's time & thought went into". Those are how you call "improvements".
And who needs respect when my position is an editor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbedaz View Post
This is clearly a matter of demand and agreement. If Sarcastic Prince has an agreement with Wesley, which he hopefully does, I'm fine with it. Because as the original Portuguese version was as good as it was, I trust Wesley's judgement enough to allow Sarcastic Prince to make those minor changes.

If he doesn't have that kind of an agreement however it's disrespectful. Plus most of the members obviously want the original hack (with bug fixes and English of course). And I agree. Rather originality than improved. Same reason I don't play any Pokémon games after 3. gen. Except this. Which is brilliant.
I DO have an agreement with Wesley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman11224 View Post
How about everyone just asks the original creator what he thinks?
That is unnecessary, as I already have an agreement with Wesley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphawing View Post
True[50%] - Indeed changing things will make the game give a impression that it wasnt made to do by Wesley,but
False[50%] - Take in fact that we dont know if the experience will be worse or better until the final product will be finished.


True [50%]: Music,yes you're totally right,the ingame music shouldnt be changed unless the creator checks and thinks he would've put this music himself.
False [50%] : Character names,well yes you're kind of right there but also take in fact one thing...
1. if he doesnt translate the names you'll end up in a phrase like "Juan Pablo has challenged you to a Battle" or "Guillermo selected Bulbasaur!" ,which would be the game too Hispanic...he's just trying to make it more English like " James has challenged you to a duel" or "George selected Bulbasaur" ,im spanish and i totally dont mind Portuguesse names,but some people actually want the game fully English-ed.





100% True there,respect for your work and keep on doing it =)

Oh btw,i got nothing personal vs anybody Just giving my point of view :3


Respect,Jenny~~
*waves*
Alpha Wing, I think that you're missing something here.
I have an agreement with Wesley. My position is not only a translator,
but also an editor. I have the right to change or edit anything I want.

1. Actually, I'm editing those names into custom names.
Too many Trainers share the same name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Paradoxically we WANT that to happen It was Wes' idea to make it that way
Do you think American translators change levels of Japanese versions just because they think it's too hard to beat Gym Leaders?
You really should be considerate to Wes...
If he thought it should be the way he did it then it should stay that way.
Umm... actually, the English translators didn't have to change
anything because the Leaders' PKMN levels aren't too high or too hard.
Unfortunately, in LP, the Leaders are just overpowered,
just like what I did with the translated Beta 2.
Also, remember that I'm an editor and you're an editor too.
Forget about the respect stuff.
__________________
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; May 24th, 2011 at 04:02 AM.
  #3838    
Old May 24th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Habbedaz
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
I DO have an agreement with Wesley.
In that case we have no right to criticize his work. As it is indeed the original creator's wish. And if Wesley's judgement tells him to allow Sarcastic Prince to make changes I say [insert bad word] it! Make those changes!
  #3839    
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
I disagree. Your job, SP, is to translate, not to make an entirely new hack with changes based on your own opinion.

This is a funny situation, because Wesley can't speak English. Everything he posted here on Pokecommunity went through an online translator, most likely Google. I don't think Wesley FG properly understands what SP is doing.
__________________
  #3840    
Old May 24th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Habbedaz
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Come on, now. He says he and Wesley have an understanding, and so we should be fine with just about any change he makes. In addition the changes he makes are so minor you would hardly notice if he didn't tell you what changes he did. Who are you then to tell him what his job is? He's not in any way removing characters, changing the storyline, reconstructing maps. Nothing of that kind. Seriously. When he in addition clearly have an agreement with Wesley, the stuff you say about his work is... well. Not in your place to say. Play the Portuguese if you're so nit-picky.
  #3841    
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
I disagree. Your job, SP, is to translate, not to make an entirely new hack with changes based on your own opinion.

This is a funny situation, because Wesley can't speak English. Everything he posted here on Pokecommunity went through an online translator, most likely Google. I don't think Wesley FG properly understands what SP is doing.
Well, as Habbedaz said, I'm making a few minor changes to to hack.
I'm not making an entirely new hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbedaz View Post
Come on, now. He says he and Wesley have an understanding, and so we should be fine with just about any change he makes. In addition the changes he makes are so minor you would hardly notice if he didn't tell you what changes he did. Who are you then to tell him what his job is? He's not in any way removing characters, changing the storyline, reconstructing maps. Nothing of that kind. Seriously. When he in addition clearly have an agreement with Wesley, the stuff you say about his work is... well. Not in your place to say. Play the Portuguese if you're so nit-picky.
Calm down. TS here is trying to express his opinions to me as a friend. (Check my profile,
he's my friend)
But yeah, everything I do is just about everything that Habbedaz said.
By the way, I don't mind if people criticize. Actually, it's better that
people criticize so that I can more ideas on how to make LP better than ever.
I'm still waiting for Ash to complete his work so I can move on to my translation.
__________________
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
  #3842    
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:21 AM
lukasz_pro's Avatar
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Poland,Gdańsk
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
guys one more question
there is ANY progres for translating to english in 1.1 ?
it will be awesome to play this hack in english
  #3843    
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Sarcastic Prince's Avatar
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kwun Tong Mountains
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasz_pro View Post
guys one more question
there is ANY progres for translating to english in 1.1 ?
it will be awesome to play this hack in english
As I've stated above, there's progress.
Ash (My partner) is currently doing translating.
Once he has done his part, there'll be HUGE progress
going on with the translation.
__________________
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
  #3844    
Old May 24th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Habbedaz
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Calm down. TS here is trying to express his opinions to me as a friend. (Check my profile,
he's my friend)
But yeah, everything I do is just about everything that Habbedaz said.
By the way, I don't mind if people criticize. Actually, it's better that
people criticize so that I can more ideas on how to make LP better than ever.
I'm still waiting for Ash to complete his work so I can move on to my translation.
Heh, yeah sorry. Having 5 exams this week and heavy pollen allergy I had to rage on someone x) But yeah. As said, no hard feelings. Just rage from stress, pressure and sickness.
  #3845    
Old May 24th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Quilava's Master's Avatar
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Nature: Adamant
Wait, so because you're an editor you have the right to disrespect Wesley? And where the hell did you come up with that logic? Also, why is there a need for two more rivals?

Edit: I [and I guarantee many others] would love to see exactly what type of "agreement" you have with Wesley. You do say that you have an agreement with him then I guess it shouldn't be an issue for you to present some type of proof.
__________________
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.

Last edited by Quilava's Master; May 24th, 2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: If the proof is in the pudding, let's see it in the thread.
  #3846    
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:06 AM
master2738's Avatar
master2738
Deviant Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Age: 21
Gender: Male
lmao, jeez i havnt visited this thread in a month and i get on to see all of this.
i gotta say i kinda hoped that the english translation was done by now (mainly cause schools ovr and i hav some free time finally) but i understand that ash and sp are trying their hardest to get it out

i would just like to state my opinion on the whole "make changes" or "not make changes" topic. i for one am perfectly fine with sp making changes to better the game, hes doing it for the good of us all so i think you guys should stop riding him. howweeeevveerrr, i want the english version to be released as soon as possible so if these "changes" are going to seriously delay the release, then mayyybee you should just release the translated version and save the changes for the X version or whatever ash mentioned :]

either way thank you sp and ash for your hard work and i cant wait until the day that the english version is released. keep up the good work! :]]]
  #3847    
Old May 24th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Snakebyte's Avatar
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
*echoes everything QM said in his big post up there*

alphawing: Yes, especially judging from feedback much earlier in the thread, I concede that some changes need to be made to fix bugs and improve gameplay. However, there's a big difference between fixing errors and changing personal preferences when it's not yours to change.

I personally don't mind the music, but the names being changed are not Spanish-sounding ones at all. He's changing Kevin and Sophia to something one person suggested and no one else commented on. Does Kevin sound particularly Hispanic to you? It's just SP deciding he knows better than Wesley about Wesley's own game.

Sarcastic Prince: Your personal dislike of a choice that Wesley made does not give you the right to treat it as something that needs fixing. It's not about being 'better'. It's about making personal changes vs. fixing bugs. I don't think anyone has had a problem with Kevin yet, therefore Akira is clearly not an improvement.

I'm going to go out on the same limb someone earlier in the thread went on and say that Wesley would not support this. Whatever agreement you think you have with them... Editors do not make personal changes. Having been an editor, having worked closely with editors, that is not the job of an editor. The job of an editor is to fix any errors and look for places that things can be made better, while still, first and foremost, preserving the original vision of the creator. You are not doing that. Editors don't warp someone else's story into theirs. Even if they dislike parts, if it's too drastic a change, they leave them in, because it's not theirs to change. At the most, editors suggest to creators changes that should be made, but always leave the final decisions to them, never going ahead and doing it themselves.

There's a language gap here, but even if there wasn't, and I made an agreement with someone to be an editor, I would be appalled if my work got changed this much.

In case that was TL;DR?

Quote:
4. The names aren't fine. Some of these names are either too common
or not good at all.
5. Congratulations! You've finally understood that Wesley is a terrible
name maker who can't make good names.
NOT. YOUR. CALL. TO MAKE. If you don't respect the editor's original work, WHAT ARE YOU DOING EDITING IT?

Quote:
I have the right to change or edit anything I want.
I very, very much doubt that's what he thought he was agreeing to.

TropicalSunlight: Ah. That was you. Yes. I agree with you.

Habbedaz: He says that he and Wesley have an understanding.

Sarcastic Prince/Habbedaz: If they were just a few minor changes, I doubt anyone would be objecting, now would they?

QM's smaller post: Yes. I think there's an echo in here. xD

Also, yeah, WOW, I missed that. How the hell are TWO NEW RIVALS a minor change?!
  #3848    
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
SP: Oh...kay...? Since when we got upgraded from "TRANSLATORS" to "EDITORS"? :D I hear that for the first time, partner =D
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #3849    
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:47 PM
ricardojl
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Hi! Someone can pls tell me where can I get HM 07 Waterfall? I need it to get to the League but I'm having a really hard time trying to find it :s
btw this is the greates hack I've ever played, better than the oficial games :D
  #3850    
Old May 24th, 2011, 02:14 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Okay people, let's try to be civilized. I don't want to see any more arguing in this thread about the upcoming English beta (that includes people asking for release dates because giradialkia and I are getting sick of deleting your posts). If I see one more person try to continue this argument, I will start handing out infractions. The only exception that I will tolerate will be Sarcastic Prince's posting of Welsey FG's alleged approval of his actions (and yes, that's a request). After that, consider this debate over.
__________________

Brother of Vrai
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.