Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 24th, 2011 (09:41 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Ight man ill keep a look out for your update my only question is will it work for android phone
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:01 PM).
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
I have no idea. Download the Portuguese version from Wesley FG's site and test it. If that works, so will this.
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:06 PM).

I need help. Well, I downloaded the Gameboid app for my Android phone, but it always gives me a white screen. I tried changing the save type to 'Flash (128KB)', but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone who owns an Android phone, and uses the Gameboid app, or atleast anyone, who can fix this, because I really want to play 'Pokemon Light Platinum' on my phone, so I can play while mobile. So anyone wanna help?
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:08 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by DashBlacK.
DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Snakebyte:
I have no idea. Download the Portuguese version from Wesley FG's site and test it. If that works, so will this.
Well, I had posted this before, but was ignored. To make it work on an Android phone or gpsphone this is what you have to do.

Quote originally posted by DashBlacK:
Hey guys!

As no one really responded to my last question and ignored it, I set out to find the solution myself and I have found it.
source: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12327.0

All you have to do is edit the header with this tool: http://www.romhacking.net/utils/542/ and set it to this data:

POKEMON EMER
BPEE
Nintendo

EDIT: This is to solve the white screen that appears on the GameBoid emulator for Android.
Good luck with the translation Snakebyte!

Quote originally posted by xRedx:
I need help. Well, I downloaded the Gameboid app for my Android phone, but it always gives me a white screen. I tried changing the save type to 'Flash (128KB)', but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone who owns an Android phone, and uses the Gameboid app, or atleast anyone, who can fix this, because I really want to play 'Pokemon Light Platinum' on my phone, so I can play while mobile. So anyone wanna help?
Hey guys!

As no one really responded to my last question and ignored it, I set out to find the solution myself and I have found it.
source: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12327.0

All you have to do is edit the header with this tool: http://www.romhacking.net/utils/542/ and set it to this data:

POKEMON EMER
BPEE
Nintendo

EDIT: This is to solve the white screen that appears on the GameBoid emulator for Android.
This is what you have to do.
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:10 PM).

Apparently, I did try that, but unfortunately it did not work. Any other ideas?
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:11 PM).
DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader

Quote originally posted by xRedx:
Apparently, I did try that, but unfortunately it did not work. Any other ideas?
BRO, IT'S WORKING FOR ME!
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:17 PM).

Well, I tried changing the data then transfer the ROM, from my computer to my phone, but still white screen, am I doing it right? I changed the data to:

POKEMON EMER
BPEE
Nintendo

Then I saved, and transferred the ROM to my phone. I set the GBA Save Type to Flash (128KB), but it still does not work.
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:26 PM).
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Why are you editing a Ruby rom to an Emerald header?
POKEMON RUBY
AXVE
might produce better results?

Also, I don't know how that emulator works, but you might need to delete any save files that the emulator generated from loading it wrong the first time?

DashBlack: Thanks.

M4: I'll have it for you sooner rather than later. I've done a route and a half since I last posted.
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:26 PM).
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
What is this becoming lol, I just want to play the hack in English.

Lol Ash with kids? Are you trolling with progress?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:33 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by M4:
It will be in English, don't worry.
SP already said that he's gonna release unedited version.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:35 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by xRedx.

I tried changing it to POKEMON RUBY instead of POKEMON EMER, but it's still not working. There's always still a white screen. An I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I got it to work. I was doing it wrong. No need for help anymore.
Old July 24th, 2011 (10:48 PM). Edited July 24th, 2011 by Sarcastic Prince.
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by M4:

Lol Ash with kids? Are you trolling with progress?
I'm quite disappointed by the fact that actually fail at reading a signature.
I said, "I'm not going to include's Ash's girls or his children. Rather, I'll include his estate in the edited version."

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

It will be in English, don't worry.
SP already said that he's gonna release unedited version.
Yep, that's right, partner. Now, let's do this quick so that we'll beat Snakebyte in this competition!

Good luck with the translation Snakebyte!
Shouldn't you be rooting for me? I will do a better job than Snakebyte because the stuff I'm covering is more than Snakebyte's.

For the original version:
-Decapitalization
-Custom names for every Trainer
-Corrected Pokédex entries
-Changed town names
-Extra random Trainers roaming in random places; they help you to prepare for the upcoming battles
-Cries for the D/P/P and B/W PKMN
-New PKMN - Gallade, Mamoswine, Glaceon, Leafeon and Rhyperior

For the slightly edited version:
The stuff up above +
-Relationships on Gym Leaders and Elite Four between the Gym Leaders and the E4 from previous generations (Not including Ash's relationships)
-Ash's estate (No, Ash's girls will not be included)

So fans, I need your opinions. Originality isn't everything, you know!
Old July 25th, 2011 (02:37 AM).

Send a message via Skype™ to Danu20
I whait ASH translation version because him will be fix the bugs:D
Old July 25th, 2011 (02:52 AM).
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by Danu20:
I whait ASH translation version because him will be fix the bugs:D
Thank you for your support. We will be sure to produce a bug-free translated version at your service in about two weeks.

And that is something that Snakebyte cannot possibly produce.
Old July 25th, 2011 (04:38 AM).

Just wait for the two releases of SP and ASH and the Release of Snake bite Play it and the thats the time you can post in this forum who does the better version or we can make poll..
Old July 25th, 2011 (06:02 AM). Edited July 25th, 2011 by 01.

Actually, considering your multiple changes and slow progress, at this point I'd rather play Snakebyte's version. Though, I'll still play yours to see the differences between yours and Snakebyte's translation. I hope I don't offend you in any way.

Good luck to both of you.
Old July 25th, 2011 (06:12 AM).
Deviant Master

lol, wow this is gettin good. i wonder who's translation will be better? Sp's or snakebyte's? i gotta say as far as changes go it really doesnt matter to me, as long as the game is translated to english. but it seem's like Sp's will be cooler (with all the extra features). but progress is going so slowly with his version :/ snakebyte on the other hand is seeming to breaze right thru this translation process! and a pure version wont be so bad since LP is already so good. well i for one am going to play whichever one is released first. and im sure alot of other people hav the same thought process as me. so it would appear that this has become a race between Sp and snakebyte? may the best translator win!!!! :D
Old July 25th, 2011 (06:22 AM).

both is good because snakebyte version is like playing LP in englsih version and for SP his adding a new tweaks for the game so you wont bore playing game all over again..as i know Wesley is also releasing a Final Version of LP..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 25th, 2011 (06:50 AM).
/)^3^(\
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Wesley is making a final version when the game gets translated, it will have graphical updates like to the bag and Pokedex. Also just so you know Snakebyte is lying, he just asked me if I was working on an LP translation if you look again. He doesn't say anything about working with him. Also here's what Wesley said to me about making an X version.

Me: Seeing that you gave SarcsticPrince permission to hack into Pokemon Light Platinum, is it okay if I hack into Light Platinum too? I got an idea for an easy version and a hard version. The easy version has the same difficulty as Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver and the difficult version has the same difficulty as Pokemon Platinum, but Lauren is around the same levels as Pokemon Black and White's in the Level 60-65's. Would you mind if I did?

WelseyFG: Okay, just do not change anything in the history of the game, and specify its modifications and its version for when people are downloading the game, thanks!
bye

Me: Would you mind giving me a patch that I can edit please? Because I don't know if you can hack into the normal Light Platinum on the first page.

WesleyFG:One minute, but you can use the tool RHEA (ROM Header Editor Advance) and share the "Game Code" for "AXVE" all the tools worked well in the game

So as you see I can make an X version. Also I asked Wesley if I could translate LP, but that was back when I was mad at SP. I'm gonna be playing SP's version instead by the way.
Old July 25th, 2011 (07:02 AM).

oh i see..well im just waiting in your release and SP and enjoy playing the game..i hope it will be successful,,

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 25th, 2011 (07:11 AM).

unbelieveable.

i tried the new version

very very nice. i hope english translation will be finish soon.

Very niice pokemon choose at the start.
Old July 25th, 2011 (10:16 AM).
Change Scorpion
Gold Tier

Nature: Brave
I was gone for a day and this hack becomes a competition?
Well even though I think that this might be somewhat...bad, good luck to you both SP and Ash and good luck to you too Snakebyte, but all I'm gonna say is, I bet as soon as one of these translations is done, everybody is gonna play it since all we wanted from the very beginning is to play this hack in english.
Old July 25th, 2011 (10:31 AM).

Nature: Adamant
I agree the first to be done is really going to be the winner, however sp will probably finish first being that snakebyte said in five days he is only on gym 1.
Old July 25th, 2011 (10:31 AM).
Black Knights Commander

Nature: Relaxed
Sarcastic Prince, you know I'm backing you all the way. I will play yours then Snakebyte's. Keep going dude.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
Old July 25th, 2011 (10:37 AM).
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

Nature: Careful
Does the translator even know Portuguese or are they using Google translator making a big deal out of themselves lol.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)