The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
WHY?! What has this become garbage of insults and competing and other things...
Seeing this really makes me wonder whether this thread should be opened until one of translations is completed...
And by the way this is NOT a competition or race or whatever.
Why...? Because circumstances are NOT the same.
SP's making edited version (I'm not gonna say improved =)) and Snakebyte is making clear version.
So what version you're gonna play is up to you! Not up to whoever finishes translation first.
If you like the original LP, play Snakebyte's version. If you are under impression that LP needs more training possibilites, play SP's version.
It's all that simple.
It would be competition only if the second party stopped after the first party released translation because in that case the first party would win and you wouldn't have any other choice but to play the version of the winning party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuno View Post
sp make it possible to get mew and it being able to evolve to mewto, early in the game. i will love you forever!!! nohomo.
You're for real? :D
Not only you want legendary pokemon early in the game but you also want it to evolve into Mew2? o.O

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 26th, 2011, 12:33 AM
shomoher

Good luck to both of you~ I have a feeling that the date of the English release won't be as far as I thought it would be xD

Oh, and just out of curiosity... whats the English ROM on page 78 (I think it was) of this thread? I've been wondering about that for a while now...

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old July 26th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
shomoher: I would guess it's the translation of a beta version.

Ash493: Well said, I didn't expect that coming from you. Things I've been saying for most of this thread. The reason this is seen a 'competition' or a 'race' is because your 'partner' insists on portraying it that way every chance he gets. It's even in his signature.

As thanks for that, though, I'll give you a tip. The 'black screen' issue SP, and presumably you, are dealing with, has nothing to do with sprites, and I guarantee my version will not have it.

To all: I thought I would be able to announce this much earlier in the day, but I have now translated up to the end of the second gym. That'd be one day from one gym to the next. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep this pace up every day, but I won't be too far off, I don't think. To clarify, the translation isn't an issue. It's when I have to tweak Wesley's scripts that I get bogged down, as I only started learning about scripts less than a week ago, when I started this translation.

As I said, I don't have a clue why people think it'd take me months, or why it's taken other people months... Not to name any names or anything.

Last edited by Snakebyte; July 26th, 2011 at 01:15 AM.
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:26 AM
rockerzz182
Beginning Trainer

What is snakebyte doing is fixing bugs and localization of LP so you can understand what you are playing and thats good because ive finished the game in portugues not understanding a thing but i enjoyed it and for SP hes like doing what nintendo did in the remake of Pokemon Gold/Silver to HeartGold/SoulSilver same story but inserted a new twist for the game,Localization,bugfix and fixing the cry of the pokemon because it is so annoying that you are hearing the pokemon that you are battling and having a different cry..

Well for the Fans..This is Great that there is a selection that you can play on your favorite LP..So stop complaining,comparing just wait for the two for the release of the game and enjoy playing it..

For The GpSp problem get two copy of Pokemon Ruby V.1.1 one for patching then just patch the one Pokemon Ruby v.1.0 with the V.1.1 Pokemon Light Platinum then after you patch the game..get gbaheader tool then copy the header of Pokemon Ruby V.1.1 to Pokemon LP that you patch,,thats what i did to fix the white screen on my Gpsp..

The English Version that you saw on p78 is the translation that SP and Ash did tha translation is up to beta 2 and it ends after you beat the gym leader of dark dusk city..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by rockerzz182; July 26th, 2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:39 AM
s90188
Beginning Trainer

How can I evolve feebas?
level up or stones?
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by s90188 View Post
How can I evolve feebas?
level up or stones?
Levelling up in my version. It evolves to Milotic in Lv. 25.
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:48 AM
rockerzz182
Beginning Trainer

i cant wait for the new versions..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:58 AM
xXxLugia
Togepi

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuno View Post
sp make it possible to get mew and it being able to evolve to mewto, early in the game. i will love you forever!!! nohomo.
Who told u that mew evolves into mewtwo?!There is no such thing as a legendary that evolves, especially not Mew that is rlly stupid idea, dont u watch pokemon episodes if u did u would know that mewtwo was created by mews genes he was cloned in a lab so making mew to evolve into mewtwo wouldnt be realistic.
Old July 26th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Yeah, Mew evolving into Mewtwo is completely irrational and stupid, but Ash having three wives and a girlfriend is totally rational.
Old July 26th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Yeah, Mew evolving into Mewtwo is completely irrational and stupid, but Ash having three wives and a girlfriend is totally rational.
i c wut u did thar.

Honestly, I'd probably rather play SnakeBytes translated version. Sure, there are some things about the original version that I believe should have been implemented (PokeBlocks being available etc.), but they don't bother me that much and I just really like the original game, even though it was in a language that I don't understand. So a simple, translated version of the game is ideal for me.

Also, I should probably mention that I will probably try Sarcastic Princes version as well, just to see what it's like.

Pokémon Aureolin

Last edited by Superjub; July 26th, 2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old July 26th, 2011, 05:15 AM
s90188
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Levelling up in my version. It evolves to Milotic in Lv. 25.
thanks
but i still cant let feebas evolve in Lv.25
my version is complete 1.1
Old July 26th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
Ash493: Well said, I didn't expect that coming from you.
That hurt...
And it hurts even more that my posts telling everyone that I'm not with SP with the topic of changes get totally ignored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s90188 View Post
thanks
but i still cant let feebas evolve in Lv.25
my version is complete 1.1
It still evolves via beauty, SP just must propage his version what confuses fans...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 26th, 2011, 05:52 AM
rockerzz182
Beginning Trainer

oh i didnt know that ..i thought that it doesnt evolve in this version..

I have found this bug in Complete V.1.1

* My Elekid becomes Female when it evolves to Electivire..
* I can get Infinite Max Revive at the mine on Groment City
I just get the pokeball containing max revive then walk a little open menu then close it then walk a liitle poof!!thepokeball that has max revive appear again..
*Theres a invisible person talking to me inside mt.zhery and gives me a an option of yes/no..who is that??

I didnt know if this bug is reported..

Last edited by rockerzz182; July 26th, 2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old July 26th, 2011, 07:28 AM
R3D X
Dark Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
R3D X: I don't believe I've used any profanity in mine up to this point.

Zetsubou Johnny: I like you.

To all: I've hit a few snags, and progress is slightly behind schedule. I expected to be done Esmerald City, the one containing the second gym, by now, but there are two scripts I have to tweak. I also noticed that some Pokemon have strange attacks. Fixing that as well.

I should still have up to the second badge done by tonight. At least. I just had hoped it'd be done a few hours ago.
Thanks, i'll appreciate your work. Editing other people's work is very impolite. I like that you are just translating it. All Edits and bug fixes should be done by Wes himself.
Old July 26th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Danu20
``~~ King Angel ~~``

Send a message via Yahoo to Danu20
riginally Posted by Snakebyte
Ash493: Well said, I didn't expect that coming from you.
That hurt...
And it hurts even more that my posts telling everyone that I'm not with SP with the topic of changes get totally ignored...

The trasnlation of the rom will be release later because ASH and SARCASTIC PRINCE will fix the bug found in game NOT only translate in english. Maybe the rom was been release earlier but i send the bugs found in game for fix and it is more bugs and RESPECT ASH and SARCASTIC PRINCE. Sorry but this is my opinion :D
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Dodq2
Black Knights Commander

Nature: Relaxed
I see SP has been banned? So what will happen to his version?

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
Old July 26th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodq2 View Post
I see SP has been banned? So what will happen to his version?
Everyone will be focused on snakebytes I guess
Old July 26th, 2011, 11:00 AM
maison123
Beginning Trainer

I'm still rooting for SP. One of the most reason is that he would change the cry of the Pokemon of Gen 4 and 5 (I'm kinda serious about that, I don't want to see a Weavile that has a Salamence cry... or such).
Quote:
Everyone will be focused on snakebytes I guess
Not everyone...
Old July 26th, 2011, 11:03 AM
tralalala
Beginning Trainer

what i have to do in the ice city? i beat the guy at the house. the leader and the trainers from the gym arent there.

but i got a bug. you cant escape there when you go up there :D

Old July 26th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
what i have to do in the ice city? i beat the guy at the house. the leader and the trainers from the gym arent there.

but i got a bug. you cant escape there when you go up there :D

Everyone knows about this thing if they went to this gym xDD
Trust me, I bet it'll be fixed in the english translation
Old July 26th, 2011, 11:17 AM
tralalala
Beginning Trainer

xD

ok but im stuck at the moment. found no letsplays on youtube for this situation

in the gym is nobody. in front of this house was a guy. i bet him. he went into the house and i talked to all 3.

i have VM Dive

i dont understand any word, but equipe is equipment i think. i need a thing to pass?

Old July 26th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
xD

ok but im stuck at the moment. found no letsplays on youtube for this situation

in the gym is nobody. in front of this house was a guy. i bet him. he went into the house and i talked to all 3.

i have VM Dive

i dont understand any word, but equipe is equipment i think. i need a thing to pass?

Go back to the cave where you first travel to Snowce city and the ice gym leader is in that cave talk to her, then go to her gym and beat her
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:59 PM
tralalala
Beginning Trainer

boahhh i only want to say thanks. thanks hasn´t enough charakters. what should i do instead ?

im stucking again. what should i do next. im in the dragon city? all ways are blocked.

Last edited by tralalala; July 26th, 2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:17 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Update:

When SP returns to Pokecommunity, I'm still rooting for his version. I feel sorry for befriending him twice, and it gets worse when he gets banned afterward. Decapitalization and 4th & 5th gen cries for the win! Also I joined SP's translation team just to get fame too, but now that we're friends it's more than that now.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:49 PM
xXxLugia
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
Update:

When SP returns to Pokecommunity, I'm still rooting for his version. I feel sorry for befriending him twice, and it gets worse when he gets banned afterward. Decapitalization and 4th & 5th gen cries for the win! Also I joined SP's translation team just to get fame too, but now that we're friends it's more than that now.
ok ok stop with that already u said that 5 times that u r rooting for sps version me 2 but stop man we understand and that whole thing that u became friends thats rlly romantic i think u should write a romance.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here