The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 30th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Sharkey
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerzz182 View Post
It happens to me too..what i did is get a new Pokemon LP Version 1.1 Then reload my save then it works..
Didn't work for me, I'm using save states always. Could that be it?

Don't understand... If someone can help me...
Old July 30th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Xigbar02ii
Xigbar's best buddy

Nature: Quirky
Hey I need some help, for some reason when I patch the file, it does work and the game freezes after it says press start. My ruby file is clean
Old July 30th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Download the .gba from Wesley's site.
Old July 30th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Cindzior
Beginning Trainer

Does Shaymin appears randomly ? I also found someting that shouldn't be (I think) When i finished both 2 leagues and when I came into Mt. Icestorm and T. Steam was blocking my way. I had to defeat them in place where was Zerkom and Reshiram. The same thing is happening when I'm coming there again. I can't also fly to few cities in 2nd region.
Old July 30th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
I know you're not asking me directly, but just so you guys know, I can't answer questions about areas I haven't reached in my translation yet. Check out Wesley's site in the first post, I'm pretty sure it has information about legendary Pokemon.
Old July 30th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Kungfumidget
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
I know you're not asking me directly, but just so you guys know, I can't answer questions about areas I haven't reached in my translation yet. Check out Wesley's site in the first post, I'm pretty sure it has information about legendary Pokemon.
How far are you ?? Sorry if u always get this question

And could u provide and eta that u will finish cos I really enjoyed playing the beta.
Old July 30th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Cindzior
Beginning Trainer

Another PrtScreen. World Championsh - path from train. Sorry for size.
Old July 31st, 2011, 03:39 AM
ch4r1zard
Burner of backsides

this game looks amazing...im kinda waiting for the translated version though

Current project: Anime cry replacement - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294657
Old July 31st, 2011, 03:45 AM
wildarms001
Random Supporter

so right now the official translator is snakebyte right? so what happen to sarcastic prince and ash translating earlier? sorry i can't keep up the fast pace coz i didn't come here everyday just checking out random days or months. all we need is just a plain english translation i don't care about editing or something adding to the final beta that's all . peace out :)

Old July 31st, 2011, 03:47 AM
Xigbar02ii
Xigbar's best buddy

Nature: Quirky
Woohoo thanks man, is it English?
Old July 31st, 2011, 05:26 AM
rockerzz182
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Didn't work for me, I'm using save states always. Could that be it?

Don't understand... If someone can help me...
If that is not working..it sad to say that you will start a new game..or the second time download the LP rom in gba format in Wesleys website be sure its 1.1 version and delete your previous savefile..or just wait till the englsih version is released..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 31st, 2011, 09:00 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Oh my god this is NUTS guys!
Just stop asking for english beta at once. You guys must understand that it will be released once it will =)
It really does not help mantain this thread alive.
And the SPAM about translators... this is really getting annoying for all of us.
Of course there is NO need for 20 versions of LP but you all know that SP will make his edited version anyways... So there will surely be 2 translations... but seeing some guys wanting to have their own version of LP... suit yourselves. But it's useless to release those versions. Have them for yourselves but you don't really need to post it here or something.
If Wes gave you permission it's his way but you really don't need to boast about it.
I really hate how this thread became and still becoming pile of trash that only serves one purpose and that is arguing about things that don't belong here at all...
English translation will be even if I were to take care of it by myself but you need to learn how to behave properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedx View Post
Snakebyte or Wesley, I really think you guys should have like a Notepad file of which Pokemon is in each route, so we know what kind of Pokemon are in there. This helps other players plan their team more better.

For example

Route 401:
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#
(Pokemon) Levels #-#

Or something like that.
You can use A-Map for that =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Oh God, it was so easy...

But got stuck again. I read somewhere in this thread that an Hiker would give Rock Smash after leaving Seanport City, but he didn't. I met the Gym Leader near the sea and he went away and I can't go any further...
That's one of wrong scripts... he might but he might not be able to give you HM... :/

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:03 PM
tralalala
Beginning Trainer

does no one of you have an idea whats wrong ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU48VzVlo_U

i cant continue my game

the prof is not there and the ways are blocked. the cave is also blocked.

please
Old July 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I know we shouldn't be talking about the translators so much but, I thought Wesley didn't approve of SP's work. Didn't he get dismissed from the translating project?

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 17
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old July 31st, 2011, 05:06 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Guys. This thread is for talking about a hack, not about banned members. Can we please have no more of that. This is why we have PMs and VMs.

On the topic of the hack, though...

Progress report: Sorry, progress has slowed some. I ran into a serious error that was present in Wesley's version, and while I've solved it, it's required me to start my save file over from the beginning, so I'm playing through again and fixing other small issues and generally cleaning it up while I'm doing so. I'm still not sure what's causing the NPCs outside in Esmerald during the steam event to sometimes be in the wrong places after the rain dance, and there is still the issue with the contest that Smallbirdie discovered (and still no healing script in Yellow Town, but that's not a glitch so much as an omission that I'll probably deal with eventually), but there shouldn't be any other issues and forward progress will resume shortly. Beta testers, I may have already fixed a lot of the issues you'll find, so I'll send you a new version once I catch up with myself. Also, it's looking like I'll be going away for a few days next week and again near the end of the month, so I might not be able to get to work on this as much as I'd like. I'll keep you updated, and keep trying to get this thing released ASAP.

Current progress: Translated until Enermy Town, bugfixing/replaythrough currently at Esmerald City.

EDIT: Oh, and for anyone stalking my VMs, regarding 'trainers that don't fight you' that did in previous betas (which I haven't played), it's not a glitch, there's just no scripting for it. My guess is that Wesley removed them intentionally. I won't be inserting new scripts for them.

EDIT: That seems to be the case for only some of them. One's been fixed.

Last edited by Snakebyte; July 31st, 2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:45 AM
xXxLugia
Togepi

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
Guys. This thread is for talking about a hack, not about banned members. Can we please have no more of that. This is why we have PMs and VMs.

On the topic of the hack, though...

Progress report: Sorry, progress has slowed some. I ran into a serious error that was present in Wesley's version, and while I've solved it, it's required me to start my save file over from the beginning, so I'm playing through again and fixing other small issues and generally cleaning it up while I'm doing so. I'm still not sure what's causing the NPCs outside in Esmerald during the steam event to sometimes be in the wrong places after the rain dance, and there is still the issue with the contest that Smallbirdie discovered (and still no healing script in Yellow Town, but that's not a glitch so much as an omission that I'll probably deal with eventually), but there shouldn't be any other issues and forward progress will resume shortly. Beta testers, I may have already fixed a lot of the issues you'll find, so I'll send you a new version once I catch up with myself. Also, it's looking like I'll be going away for a few days next week and again near the end of the month, so I might not be able to get to work on this as much as I'd like. I'll keep you updated, and keep trying to get this thing released ASAP.

Current progress: Translated until Enermy Town, bugfixing/replaythrough currently at Esmerald City.

EDIT: Oh, and for anyone stalking my VMs, regarding 'trainers that don't fight you' that did in previous betas (which I haven't played), it's not a glitch, there's just no scripting for it. My guess is that Wesley removed them intentionally. I won't be inserting new scripts for them.

EDIT: That seems to be the case for only some of them. One's been fixed.
u see SP was right when he said that ur translation of the hack will take at least one month. What did you think that its an easy job, you did not come even half way and already talking about slowing down and going on a journey.You cant translate hack before SP. SP realizes that this job needs a lot of time to be done.you are fooling people by telling stories about translating progress like it will be done in 2 weeks.
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:53 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
xXxLugia, he didn't claim it would take a month. Sarcastic Prince did. Sarcastic Prince started all of this pointless arguing and "competition". Oh, and Sarcastic Prince got banned. So drop the subject. Snakebyte is translating it. You should be happy. If you're so desperate, you'd be glad to see any progress. It isn't Snakebyte's fault that he's slowing down. It's Wesley's. I've seen some of the mistakes that he's made, and Snakebyte has to fix them, otherwise people like you would come and complain about how it has a bug. Yes, he's going somewhere later on. He has got a life outside of translating a hack of a Pokémon game. If it was his job, and he was being paid, maybe I'd understand. But he's not. This is all voluntary. So why don't you think about that. Rather a delayed, bug-free, strict translation or a half-assed translation with random unwanted features? If you're anything like me, you'd want the first. And if not, why don't you go and pester Sarcastic Prince. Clearly he's your king. Have a nice day now. :]

(That's not just aimed at xXxLugia. It's to all of you. Just enjoy the hack and be patient. Seriously.)

Anyway, you know that if you ever need my help, Snakebyte, just catch me on MSN or drop me a VM. Keep up the good work (both you and Wesley.).
Old August 1st, 2011, 03:04 AM
Cindzior
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxLugia View Post
u see SP was right when he said that ur translation of the hack will take at least one month. What did you think that its an easy job, you did not come even half way and already talking about slowing down and going on a journey.You cant translate hack before SP. SP realizes that this job needs a lot of time to be done.you are fooling people by telling stories about translating progress like it will be done in 2 weeks.
Right, this isn't easy and you cannot even begin translating without few things that ONLY creators have. I don't know how this things are called in engish, beacause I'm from Poland.

Can someone do a favor for me? I can't find uxie, and I've searched everywhere. If someone want to check my savegame, e-mail me : [email protected]

Last edited by Cindzior; August 1st, 2011 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 1st, 2011, 03:50 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Okay! Instead of rambling on for paragraphs about what I tried and what was wrong, I'll be succinct.

The bug was Zero's OW not being there for his event in Mt. Shuem. I fixed it. For real this time, instead of just thinking I did and pointlessly replaying the game, like last time. Much thanks to Spherical Ice and DrFuji, both of which were enormous help in barking up entire incorrect forests.

Progress now RESUMES!
Old August 1st, 2011, 05:58 AM
master2738
Deviant Master

ugghh this really sucks. why did sp hav to get banned??? he was so close to being done and we were so close to finally having an english version. now we hav to wait another two to three months for snakebyte to finish his.
Old August 1st, 2011, 06:25 AM
Alex31
Pro D<

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by master2738 View Post
ugghh this really sucks. why did sp hav to get banned??? he was so close to being done and we were so close to finally having an english version. now we hav to wait another two to three months for snakebyte to finish his.
Read above, please. We don't talk about how members did things wrong and got banned because of it on this thread; and since SP created an alt, there's a good chance he'll be gone for ages. 'Sides, judging by Snakebyte's current progress, i'd say it'll take him around a month to get to a first release.

And, off topic, but SP was nowhere near done. He hadn't tackled some of the more serious errors, and had corrupted the rom he was working on. To quote Snakebyte (I don't know if he minds me doing this, if he wants me to remove it, then its fine)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte
As I've progressed further, I've been able to contextualize statements one or the other has made about bugs being present, and I can tell you with certainty that almost everything they've had issues with is entirely their fault, and probably not fixable. They've corrupted the rom. It's a problem I ran into early on, and it did crazy things like crashing each time I excited a certain building, or deleting the attack tables for the last ~30 Pokemon, or taking literally minutes to load some trainer battles. I've since identified what I was doing wrong and started fresh without repeating the errors. From the glitches they've reported, they haven't.
Old August 1st, 2011, 07:07 AM
xXxLugia
Togepi

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
xXxLugia, he didn't claim it would take a month. Sarcastic Prince did. Sarcastic Prince started all of this pointless arguing and "competition". Oh, and Sarcastic Prince got banned. So drop the subject. Snakebyte is translating it. You should be happy. If you're so desperate, you'd be glad to see any progress. It isn't Snakebyte's fault that he's slowing down. It's Wesley's. I've seen some of the mistakes that he's made, and Snakebyte has to fix them, otherwise people like you would come and complain about how it has a bug. Yes, he's going somewhere later on. He has got a life outside of translating a hack of a Pokémon game. If it was his job, and he was being paid, maybe I'd understand. But he's not. This is all voluntary. So why don't you think about that. Rather a delayed, bug-free, strict translation or a half-assed translation with random unwanted features? If you're anything like me, you'd want the first. And if not, why don't you go and pester Sarcastic Prince. Clearly he's your king. Have a nice day now. :]

(That's not just aimed at xXxLugia. It's to all of you. Just enjoy the hack and be patient. Seriously.)

Anyway, you know that if you ever need my help, Snakebyte, just catch me on MSN or drop me a VM. Keep up the good work (both you and Wesley.).
ok...i never wrote that snakebyte claimed it would take a month i clearly wrote SP and i when SP releases his eng translation patch u will change ur opinion.
Old August 1st, 2011, 07:24 AM
maison123
Beginning Trainer

There's something I still don't get about SP's being banned... Just a while ago, I saw one of Wesley's post saying he gave SP permission to make changes, so he's ok with SP, then how exactly did SP get banned ?
Old August 1st, 2011, 07:32 AM
gokuno
i am GOKUNO, son of...

this is all too much everyone should jus bow down and say thank you basedgod
Old August 1st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Dodq2
Black Knights Commander

Nature: Relaxed
Let's just quit whining about translators. Snakebyte will be done when he get's done, and nobody knows if SP will finish. Chill.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links