Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 13th, 2011 (08:59 PM).
Smallbirdie
Lurker Extraordinaire!

Nature: Quirky
For people mentioning repeated dialog and funny movement permissions, this is the TRANSLATION OF WESLEYFG'S LIGHT PLATINUM. The bugs that are fixed are the actual bugs, the ones that interrupt gameplay or wreak havok. Wesley's version had repeated text and mailboxes that say HOUSE, and even trainers that say the same thing, and OMG even trainers with the same pokemon line ups one right after another! This is a translation of that version!!!

This had been developed, created and translated FOR FREE. If you're not happy with it, DON'T PLAY IT! Shesh!

"My Microsoft is broken!" When you fix computers and hear the sweet old lady say this one to you, be afraid.
Old August 13th, 2011 (09:24 PM).
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
CosmosStrike: With SmallBirdie's assistance, I pinned down where you were talking about. Neither she or I have any problems with that trainer, so either you've screwed up patching it, or done something in-game that's causing it to screw up and we can't replicate it. If it is my fault, there's very little I can do. However, apparently that trainer can be completely avoided! So just keep on playing! :D

I'd be interested to know if that happens to anyone else. It was a trainer on Route 409.
Old August 13th, 2011 (10:06 PM).
wahahaha
Beginning Trainer

Tried this on the android phone. It works flawlessly. Just have to make sure that the Ruby rom is 1.0. Great rom so far! Thanks for all the hard work put in for this!
Old August 13th, 2011 (10:08 PM). Edited August 13th, 2011 by 12345.
Sky

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 12345
Well, I just finished. And Snakebyte really worked hard for this version. No big bugs I found. Here is some small bugs I got:
Border Block error:

He didn't look at the hero.

Safari Zone bug: When I want to play again, I choose Yes and they say like I choose No. It only back to normal when I go to another map and return.

Contest Gliches (but I think it's fine)

I think you can walk through this.

Show pokepic Bugs (it's really an annoying Ruby bug :\):

He may be a trainer? He didn't battle. (it's same for some other trainers. I guess SonicBlazePlatinum said this many times but I think it's not very important. )

Movement permission bugs

Text error (kosaka City)

Tile error (trees)

Congratulation! Wesley, Snakebyte and the others. Finally, this hack has been finished.

Favorite Pokemon Game: GBA-Emerald, DS-Platinum, Dungeon-Red/Blue, Ranger - Guardian Signs
Old August 13th, 2011 (10:35 PM).
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
12345: First of all, thanks for commenting and taking an interest! I really enjoyed Flora Sky

I did not notice that about the Safari Zone and I have no idea what would cause that.

The showpokepic error ONLY occurs if you play through the contest. If you don't, it's fine.

There are a few people who look like they might be trainers but aren't - This is because Wesley changed their scripts to be the same as other non-trainer NPCs. I fixed one or two that had other issues, but I would have to write new scripts to fix this. If I had to guess, I would say Wesley was running low on room

That text error, though, is ENTIRELY my bad. No clue how I missed that. That's what I get for not having Lauren beta-tested... It's fixed, but I'm not releasing a new patch for the currently two text errors people have pointed out. If I need to release a new patch to fix more serious bugs, it will fix this as well. :D

Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed it.
Old August 13th, 2011 (10:50 PM).
shomoher

Great work Snakebyte and WesleyFG for making this awesome translation

By the way... Venipede seems to be giving more experience points than its evolved form, Whirlipede :D

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old August 13th, 2011 (10:53 PM).
Smallbirdie
Lurker Extraordinaire!

Quote originally posted by shomoher:
Great work Snakebyte and WesleyFG for making this awesome translation

By the way... Venipede seems to be giving more experience points than its evolved form, Whirlipede :D
Hahaha, just wait until you see how many exp Metang gives out!

"My Microsoft is broken!" When you fix computers and hear the sweet old lady say this one to you, be afraid.
Old August 13th, 2011 (11:02 PM).
zumba
Skyline

this sucks. i was hoping id get to play this on my phone but all that shows up is a white screen. even after i switched to flash 285 or whatever. its probably my fault though. ill try another ruby rom. other then that, you are the bomb diggity snakebyte. lol.

i Support:

Pokemon Shattered Dreams
Pokemon AshGray Version
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old August 13th, 2011 (11:26 PM).
Tyranee
Can't read my Poke'-face!

My Light Platinum LP has begun at the following link:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6803395#post6803395

Just figured I'd let you guys know. Snakebyte, you are awesome for doing this.

Voice Acted Apollo Justice LP:
Old August 14th, 2011 (12:40 AM).
succumb

can't wait for the walkthrough of this hack, thanks snakebyte for your hard work, i can't continue because i don't know how pokedex be upgraded, it only shows less than 200 pokemon...
Old August 14th, 2011 (05:15 AM).
shomoher

I'm slightly disappointed with the text though... I see a LOT of repeats with like people out in the streets and in Pokemon Centers... (I think someone mentioned this earlier on in the thread)

But other than that, this hack is great :D

Ice Pokemon are the Best~

TaeYeon. Jessica. Sunny. Tiffany. HyoYeon. YuRi. SooYoung. YoonA. SeoHyun
DJ I Love You
Old August 14th, 2011 (06:11 AM).
Silent Storm
Achieving Perfection

Seems like gym leaders have standard trainer battle music. Was that intentional?
Old August 14th, 2011 (06:19 AM).
xXxLugia
Togepi

Nature: Brave
where can i find gible, riolu, dratini and larvitar? because i dont want to waste my time in safari zone if im not sure that dratini is there.
Old August 14th, 2011 (06:50 AM).
Britani Knight
Community Supporter

I do want to ask, snakebyte did you get the unlimited master ball glitch in Esmerald City, while you wearing team steams suit?

Old August 14th, 2011 (06:55 AM).
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

No, never even heard of it. o.O
Old August 14th, 2011 (07:15 AM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I've played up to Groment City gym and beat Atlas, and I now have a Charizard and Electivire. When my Electabuzz evolved into Electivire it became Level 37 instead of 40. o_O Also shouldn't Beauty be Lady? Since they have the sprite similar to FR/LG's. Also I battled a Camper in Esmerald Gym with a Tranquill (replaces Nuzleaf) and a female Cool Trainer named Ruka with a male Cool Trainer overworld and a Level 28 Sandslash, this is in Route 406 before the 2nd gym badge so I don't think Wesley did this on purpose.
Old August 14th, 2011 (07:33 AM). Edited August 14th, 2011 by xXxLugia.
xXxLugia
Togepi

Nature: Brave
whyyyyyyyy i cant get all johto starters like in port version why did u change that i cant believe it.
Old August 14th, 2011 (08:31 AM).
Dodq2
Black Knights Commander

Nicely done, SB. I can speak for everyone when I say thank you for putting effort into making LP an english game.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
Old August 14th, 2011 (08:48 AM).
geeklord98765
geeklord98765

Great work snakebyte!!
by the way where can i find a bagon or shelgon!?? O.o
Old August 14th, 2011 (08:56 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Wow it's already out...? O.o
That was kinda too quick xD
Though we should consider that as not complete since as we can see, some bugs are still remaining =)

Quote originally posted by leews24:
it works very well, but may not work on the type of emulator you're using

anyway Sankebyte, THANK YOU for everything, and I did find a small, glitch.
At the beggining, where the doctor indtroduces herself and pokemon, it's partly in spanish. I quickly played up to the point where I read the old engraving, but nothing seems wrong in dialogue yet.

an btw, is the clock's background supposed to be dark? cuz all I see is the green clock, and a black background

anyway, Thanks!!
Quote originally posted by Snakebyte:
leews24, I really have no explanation for that at all. The text is simply NOT in the rom. All I can suggest is to delete the .sa1 or .sav file (assuming you're using VBA) and start over. Maybe you played a previous version? Or something? I have no idea, but it should be literally impossible for you to see that text as it hasn't existed in my rom in three weeks... First thing I changed.

EDIT: Maybe try a different Ruby rom...?
These two posts... it reminded me of something...
Snake, did you translate EVERY same string of level scripts?
By that I mean that that each level script has 9 or 10 same text strings and to get rid of portuguesse text, it's necessary to translate all strings.

Quote originally posted by SonicBlazePlatinum:
I've played up to Groment City gym and beat Atlas, and I now have a Charizard and Electivire. When my Electabuzz evolved into Electivire it became Level 37 instead of 40. Also shouldn't Beauty be Lady? Since they have the sprite similar to FR/LG's. Also I battled a Camper in Esmerald Gym with a Tranquill (replaces Nuzleaf) and a female Cool Trainer named Ruka with a male Cool Trainer overworld and a Level 28 Sandslash, this is in Route 406 before the 2nd gym badge so I don't think Wesley did this on purpose.
Yes, some pokemon in Ruby hacks might fall in levels when they evolve =)
As for the Ruka... I think that somehow SP's trainer was already in the game o.O

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 14th, 2011 (09:10 AM).
Dodq2
Black Knights Commander

Patch isn't working... White screen.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
Old August 14th, 2011 (09:15 AM). Edited August 14th, 2011 by Britani Knight.
Britani Knight
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Dodq2:
did u patch the right rom? or change the sav type under the settins for vba?

Old August 14th, 2011 (09:16 AM). Edited August 14th, 2011 by tigeris56.
tigeris56
Beginning Trainer

It works perfectly on my psp 3000, thanks you guys

Quote originally posted by Dodq2:
You don't have right rom version, i had same problem. Google for Pokemon Ruby 1.0
Old August 14th, 2011 (09:24 AM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by xXxLugia:
whyyyyyyyy i cant get all johto starters like in port version why did u change that i cant believe it.
Professor Elm gives you one Johto starter. When was it any different?
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old August 14th, 2011 (09:25 AM).
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Every single bit of portuguese I found has been translated. I don't know why people keep questioning this D:

Sponsored Links