Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 14th, 2011 (03:59 PM).
W
Gold Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by CosmosStrike:
I remember someone offering a Lapras before...and now i'm considering using it. Does anyone know where that person is because I sorta forgot.
It's in Seanport City

Quote originally posted by daca:
hey first off thx for this awesome hack and thx for the translation!

I have the same glitched up intro with the portugues at the beginning tho...

I have patched it to a Ruby 1.0 ROM found on 4 shared
I set the save to Flash 128K
I even deleted the vba config file

I still can't get it to work properly... anybody got a hint?

oh... and i patched it with LUNAR IPS....
Did you delete your save file from your old game(if you played this hack before)?

Poketch

Old August 14th, 2011 (06:34 PM).

Nature: Brave
hey snakebyte
got very excited when u released the translated version but felt very annoyed when its nt working on my cell. I am not asking you how to solve as u already said so. I am asking other members that i have patched it frm that 4shared site. Hasn't played previously so got no old save file to b deleted. Patched with lunar ips but why its nt working.
Whenever i start the game the screen turns white and nothing furthur happens.....
I am using vbag emulator for my nokia. Has someone else used it? To help me with the problem?
Old August 14th, 2011 (06:44 PM). Edited August 14th, 2011 by PhantomArceus493.

One small issue I have with this game, and it is very minor, is that Mienshao has Arceus' icon in the party. Other than the other minor glitches that people have mentioned, which don't bother me, everything runs excellently so far (up to Seanport City). Really impressed with the game, thanks for translating it so quickly.

EDIT:Just played a little longer and Mienshao's in-battle sprite hovers above the text box, again very minor.
Old August 14th, 2011 (07:06 PM).

I think you should add a heal script to yellow town just saying.
Old August 14th, 2011 (07:28 PM).
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
trufles: If I release an updated version, it'll have one! I just forgot.

alienhunterx: You're probably not using a Ruby 1.0 rom. You should try to get it working on your computer first, to make sure you have a good rom, then copy it to the phone. If it DOES work on your computer, then yes, this is a question for other people. Thanks for realizing that.

PhantomArceus493: Thanks! I don't have a clue how to fix that, sorry.
Old August 14th, 2011 (07:52 PM).
ha

Nature: Jolly
Hey is Elctivire supposed to level down after evolving? Cuz before evolution, it was like 39( idont remember exactly, it was somewhere above 38) and it suddenly leveled down to 37.

This should be a bug, i think

Pokemon LP Screenshot Walkthrough aint dead, cuz[EP10] IS FINALLY OUT
http://pkmlpscreenwalkthrough.weebly.com/
Old August 14th, 2011 (08:04 PM).
geeklord98765

Nature: Calm
No one replied to my previous post......can someone atleast tell me when does the player recieve running shoes??
Old August 14th, 2011 (08:08 PM).

i think after the first gym battle if not it was the second.
Old August 14th, 2011 (08:19 PM).
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
leews24: It's a bug, but not one I know how to fix. I know what needs fixing, but I don't have a tool to do it.

geeklord: After the first gym.
Old August 14th, 2011 (09:00 PM).
Can't read my Poke'-face!

Nature: Quirky
So far the only bugs I have run into (other than the ones you mentioned in my LP thread) are Gen 5 Pokes having misplaced entries in the Pokedex (Mienfoo having Natu's for example) but I don't think that's too big of a deal at all. Second LP ep up tonight and I have a guest commentator, so bugs and opinions will be given at twice the normal rate

Thanks to the walkthrough page you recommended me, I have formed my eventual permanent party and it is very good.

QUESTION:
Was looking at Smallbirdie's walkthrough and there's no mention of a fire stone. Is there any place in the game to get one?

Once again, really loving this hack. it's awesome.

Voice Acted Apollo Justice LP:
Old August 14th, 2011 (10:15 PM). Edited August 14th, 2011 by Snakebyte.
About time, I'd say...

ANSWER: Yes, but it's pretty far in. Sorry, but I don't remember where exactly... It might not be until the second region. There's definitely a stone store in the second region, but I remember finding a few before that.

Also, I just caught that I referred to Kaori as 'she' there... The sprite's pretty ambiguous, but I'm leaning towards dude now. Whoops?

EDIT: I let Smallbirdie know you were looking for a fire stone, and you get the running shoes right after the first gym. No clue how to change that, sorry. Also, let me know if you want me to tell you what to do next. There was a hint, but you missed it. Glad you're enjoying it. *salute*

Oh, and would you rather me be responding here or in the LP thread? o.O
Old August 14th, 2011 (10:28 PM).
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
It'd be easier to call Kaori an it.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old August 14th, 2011 (11:08 PM).
Can't read my Poke'-face!

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Snakebyte:
ANSWER: Yes, but it's pretty far in. Sorry, but I don't remember where exactly... It might not be until the second region. There's definitely a stone store in the second region, but I remember finding a few before that.

Also, I just caught that I referred to Kaori as 'she' there... The sprite's pretty ambiguous, but I'm leaning towards dude now. Whoops?

EDIT: I let Smallbirdie know you were looking for a fire stone, and you get the running shoes right after the first gym. No clue how to change that, sorry. Also, let me know if you want me to tell you what to do next. There was a hint, but you missed it. Glad you're enjoying it. *salute*

Oh, and would you rather me be responding here or in the LP thread? o.O
I think it's more proper in the forum rules to post questions here but if you want to leave infobits in the LP thread, feel free to. I know where to go btw and I can figure it out from there. Oak is in the radio tower and stuff

Voice Acted Apollo Justice LP:
Old August 14th, 2011 (11:43 PM).

Quote originally posted by Tcoppy:
It's in Seanport City

Did you delete your save file from your old game(if you played this hack before)?
haven't played it before so no save files to delete...

but thx for ur help anyways anybody got other ideas?
Old August 14th, 2011 (11:46 PM).
About time, I'd say...

If you ran it AT ALL in vba, there's a save file. It's either .sav or .sa1. Delete it and try again. If that fails, try another rom, I guess?
Old August 14th, 2011 (11:49 PM).

If you ran it AT ALL in vba, there's a save file. It's either .sav or .sa1. Delete it and try again. If that fails, try another rom, I guess?
ok i ran it for the first time it didn't work... deleted the sav file ran it again... doesn't work either...

guess i've gonna have to try another rom... although i tried the one you proposed in your post...

thx for your help gonna try it later again! g2g now!
Old August 15th, 2011 (01:52 AM).
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Nature: Relaxed
Alright! After a little over three weeks of hard work, I've completely translated Light Platinum into English, and fixed many of the bugs that I encountered.

This will only work if patched to a Ruby 1.0 ROM.

The patch is too large to upload as an attachment, so I've Sendspaced it.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u6wuqw

If you get a white screen, you are using the wrong rom, or your emulator is not correctly set. Turn VBA off, delete the Light Platinum.sa1 or .sav file, turn VBA back on, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128k, turn VBA off again, then turn it back on and load the rom once more. If that doesn't work, you are not using a Ruby 1.0 Rom. When looking for it, googling '0907 Ruby 1.0 (U)' might help. I found one on 4shared.

I will not answer any questions about how to make this work on a phone, on a PSP, or on anything that isn't Visual Boy Advance!

Changes:
- All text has been translated to English.
- All Unova Pokemon have been given their English names.
- Feebas now evolves by Water Stone.
- Many, many scripting bugs have been fixed, but please let me know if any remain.
- Trainers whose Pokémon used strange attacks should be fixed.
- Some place names have been changed to better fit English. Very slightly, in most cases. I don't remember all of them, but it's things like Winder -> Winter and Dragonbreath -> Drakebreath.
- Also, Shaymin is in the game in Inhore Woods. I didn't add it, but Wesley didn't mention it on his site.
- The following important trainer names have been changed (I may have forgotten some, I wasn't keeping a list):
Sheyla -> Sheila
Katyne -> Kaitlyn
Persie -> Percy
Atlur -> Atlas
Rukia -> Lucia
Kaohri -> Kaori
Perla -> Pearl
Roarka -> Rochelle
Rebeca -> Rebecca
Lumy -> Lucy
Lure -> Luke
Kilua -> Kilroy
Kuchick -> Robin (...Don't even ask. It was a whole thing.)
Wyse -> Weiss
Honeyu -> Honey
Aurane -> Rayne
Byake -> Blake
Shinora -> Cynthia
Blane -> Blair

Bugs:
- Don't enter the Normal Rank Contest.
- You may need to enter and exit the Pokémon Center after Red's Gyarados uses Rain Dance in Esmerald City.
- Some items may respawn.
- Pokedex entries and cries have not been changed.

Thanks to (in no particular order)...
- Wesley FG, who made this hack and deserves far, far more credit than I do.
- Me!
- Spherical Ice
- DrFuji
- colcolstyles
- Quilava's Master
- Smallbirdie
- U_Flame
- Tcoppy
- Ash493
- dblanchette93, for sanity maintenance.
- Darthatron, HackMew, Lu-Ho, and anyone else who made tools I used.
- Anyone else who I've forgotten...

ENJOY! :D

P.S.: Most of Lauren has not been beta-tested. If I need to, I'll release a fixed version, if any gamebreaking errors remain.
P.P.S.: I'd have had this out over an hour ago, but we had a blackout. XD
P.P.P.S.: Yellow Town does not have a healing script. I was going to add one, but forgot. If I need to release a bugfixed update, this will be included.
Finally!!! I've waited for ages :D
Old August 15th, 2011 (05:22 AM).
/)^3^(\
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Progress update:

Played up to the seventh badge and is currently at Team Steam's Hideout. There is a Scientist Krater at Serenity Power Plant with a Level 22 Baltoy, and in Route 415 there is a Lass Camila with a Lv. 18 Scraggy, Boarder Roberto with Lv. 28 Scraggy, Skier Carmem with Lv. 31 Scraggy, Lady Leslye with Lv. 38 Scraggy, and a Boarder Pedro with a Lv. 37 Scrafty, o_O It's like the Cool Trainer with a Lv. 28 Sandslash. I plan on going to the Zhery Pokemon League next time I play since I do want to play more.
Old August 15th, 2011 (05:50 AM). Edited August 15th, 2011 by Redshear.

Nature: Adamant
finally got it to start working on my phone after a while so now i can say thank you snakebyte for translating the game

Also I didnt get any portugese in my beggining
Old August 15th, 2011 (06:32 AM).

Thanks snakebyte i got it to work no problems or portugese in the intro & does anybody know were i can find rufflet
Old August 15th, 2011 (06:45 AM). Edited August 15th, 2011 by Johnster.
Losing is not an option

Nature: Calm
The game seem to be working perfectly fine to me.

I've only played the game for like 10mins and my Charmander is already level 15 xD
I love how the Poke'center looks like. It's so much bigger than the old one. Thanks for translating this Snakebyte!

Edit: Somethings that I found:
I haven't gotten the Poke'dex yet but when I go into Safari Zone I have a Poke'dex oh and sometimes when you're using Thief to get the berries the Pokemon turns into a egg.
Old August 15th, 2011 (07:05 AM).

How to continue in rycian city?
I talked to the gym leader and she asked me for help but as the language is portuguise (dunno if i spelled it right) i have no idea what to do.
Can somebody help me please?
Old August 15th, 2011 (07:29 AM).

Sorry if this have been mentioned before but how do you evolve those pokemon that evolves by trade such as kadabra? If the only way is to trade from the NPC in the game then it will be redundant for me to train my Kadabra.
Old August 15th, 2011 (07:37 AM).

in enermy town my screen turns black when that dude comes out that cave & wanna battle this also happens with some other trainers, is it me or the game it self ?
Old August 15th, 2011 (07:51 AM).

For all ppl who experience white screen:
-download program called gbata
-launch it and use sram patcher to patch your rom
-white screen gone
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links