Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old August 21st, 2011 (03:42 PM).
Change Scorpion
Gold Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by RedFan:
In my ENGLISH Version whent my Krokorok an elctabuuz evolved on level 40 they were de-leveld
My Electivire was level 35 now.
My Krookodile was level 40 now.
It's a common glitch in most ruby hacks,like Ash493 said a few times
Quote originally posted by Oeloem:
please help me, i'm in lauren region but i can't go inside on the gym in flamerny town i want your answer...
you need to battle prof.ellie and go to the volcano place xD

Quote originally posted by leews24:
DONE.
I'd like to thank everyone of you who have developed the game, or helped out on stuck spots::Wesly FG, Snakebyte, Ash493, Tcoppy, all the beta testers, and Smallbirdie:Thank you!
My friend,people usually don't thank the creators or who helped out and stuff, thanks for that,sorry I didn't reply sooner xD
Old August 21st, 2011 (06:33 PM).

is there a move tutor in this game cuz i can't seem to find one.
Old August 21st, 2011 (06:59 PM).

Quote originally posted by Snakebyte:
Damned & K2 XTREME: There might be one or two issues that affect gameplay, but many, many people have played through with no problems. I'd recommend downloading the current version. I'm considering making an update that fixes a few things, but we'll see. Ash knows more about hacking than I do, I'm sure, so it really depends what can be fixed. I don't want to make everyone download something again for just a few tiny fixes. My current version has, like, two script tweaks and two text tweaks from the released version, and they're things most people won't even notice. So I'm going to have to do a lot more before I have a major update. And I'm making no promises that I will. But if I figure out how to fix some of the other issues, like the XP? Yeah, there'll probably be an update sometime in the next month or so.

Oh, and if I do, there should be no need to restart, though some fixed events may repeat once.

Turretman: It's not nice to blame other people because you don't understand how things work.
Thanks for the response! I'll wait a few months to see if another update rolls around. I already have flora sky and brown to play through, so I got plenty to keep my busy . Also, I'm not looking foward to having to screw around with the configuration file in GpSp in order to get the bloody in game clock working. Took me forever with Emerald and it gave me a headache .
Old August 21st, 2011 (07:13 PM).
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Unless you want an Espeon or Umbreon, there's no reason you need a clock.
Old August 21st, 2011 (11:57 PM).

I will try to post again..
I am in flanerry town, i defeated prof. ellie, but now i cant do nothing...
Cant go to Mt volcan, cant go to the gym...
Can anyone help?
Old August 21st, 2011 (11:59 PM).
geeklord98765

Nature: Calm
wth......no pokemon in mt.draken??
But according to "birdie's lp walkthrough" there are dragon pokemon in mt.draken......i cannot encounter any type of wild pokemon in the mountain?? O.o
Old August 22nd, 2011 (12:00 AM). Edited August 22nd, 2011 by BiTeDroM.

I will try to post again..
I am in flanerry town, i defeated prof. ellie, but now i cant do nothing...
Cant go to Mt volcan, cant go to the gym...
Can anyone help?

Edit: sorry for spam, i had connection problem, and posted again (error)
Old August 22nd, 2011 (12:15 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Oeloem:
please help me, i'm in lauren region but i can't go inside on the gym in flamerny town i want your answer...
If I remember you need Super Repel to repel Arons.

Ash493: Because Wesley used all 25 ??? slots, YAPE seriously screws up the rom. And sorry, you're wrong about Metagross. It's in its original slot. He must have changed it for some other reason.
I see... so Metagross is in its original slot...
Though maybe it's just me but I think I edited some things with YAPE with no problems... I'll check if edits still screws up the ROM.

Quote originally posted by Tcoppy:
It's a common glitch in most ruby hacks,like Ash493 said a few times
Yeah, though Banjora told me the cause :D
It's because evolving pokemon do not have same growth rate

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 22nd, 2011 (12:16 AM).
boop

Nature: Docile
Ash493: Because Wesley used all 25 ??? slots, YAPE seriously screws up the rom. And sorry, you're wrong about Metagross. It's in its original slot. He must have changed it for some other reason.

RedFan: We know.

Everyone asking about why the snowce gym leader isn't there: This is been answered A MILLION TIMES. The thread has a search function.

YAPE works for me, or does something happen when you try to edit something? I took a peek, didn't really do much. I'm pretty sure Ash or I could give editing everything back to normal a go, after you fix the bugs.
Old August 22nd, 2011 (12:48 AM).
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
NO. Trust me on this. YAPE gradually screws up the data the more you use it, if the ??? slots are in use. This is well documented, and caused me a ton of glitches, including but not limited to the game crashing every time you left a building in central city and corrupted the attack tables of the last 40 pokemon. YAPE also crashes every time you look at many of the ??? Pokemon.

Trust me. YAPE is causing problems. They just start small and quickly snowball.
Old August 22nd, 2011 (02:19 AM).
Random Supporter

phew finally the English version comes out thank you snakebyte :D hopefully you will add victini in the game :P btw thank you again :D

Old August 22nd, 2011 (02:23 AM).
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
GREAT !!!! thank u very much :D !!
geting to play imediatly !!! :D
Old August 22nd, 2011 (02:37 AM).

Anyone can upload the English version or another website for people who can't download from Sendspace ? D:
Old August 22nd, 2011 (03:15 AM). Edited August 22nd, 2011 by lukasz_pro.
Saiyan Prince

guys iv got question , elekid . magby and ryhorn got three evolutions from 4 gen ?
i mean Magmortar , Electivire and Rhyperior

and where i can get the map ?
Old August 22nd, 2011 (04:04 AM).

guys how to move the aron in front of the gym's door in flamerny town?? also there is a guy outside of the mt.vulcan and he doesn't allow me to get in.. finally in root 510 i can't use dig.. i click on the hole but nothing happens it's keep telling me that this hole lead somewhere... please help
Old August 22nd, 2011 (04:09 AM).

I've noticed that there are a lot of locked doors in the game, is there anyway of opening them.
Old August 22nd, 2011 (04:09 AM). Edited August 22nd, 2011 by xXxLugia.

OMG why can't I catch Giratina, I bring it's HP down as much as possible and then I put it to sleep and still I can't catch it with ultra balls I use like 30 balls, I don't want to use my master ball.

How many master balls can you get in pokemon LP?

Snakebyte you said that some items may respawn, but which items(maybe Master ball?)?
Old August 22nd, 2011 (01:06 PM). Edited August 22nd, 2011 by Tcoppy.
Change Scorpion
Gold Tier

People,always check the search thread
Quote originally posted by lukasz_pro:
guys iv got question , elekid . magby and ryhorn got three evolutions from 4 gen ?
i mean Magmortar , Electivire and Rhyperior

and where i can get the map ?
Magmotar and electivire are in the game but not rhyperior

Quote originally posted by STIX:
guys how to move the aron in front of the gym's door in flamerny town?? also there is a guy outside of the mt.vulcan and he doesn't allow me to get in.. finally in root 510 i can't use dig.. i click on the hole but nothing happens it's keep telling me that this hole lead somewhere... please help
You need a specific gym badge to access dig and if you saw my previous post (use the search thread) you will see I said you need to beat prof.ellie and go to the volcano north of flamerny town
Quote originally posted by drewsho:
I've noticed that there are a lot of locked doors in the game, is there anyway of opening them.
Nope
And like I said,and this goes for everyone,click the search button.

Old August 22nd, 2011 (01:24 PM).
Saiyan Prince

then how get Magmotar and electivire ? what lvl , what stone ?
and can i evolve elekid on lvl 20 using thunderstone ? i mean electabuz will learn moves ?
Old August 22nd, 2011 (04:35 PM).

Unless you want an Espeon or Umbreon, there's no reason you need a clock.
Thats all that the real time clock relies on? I thought there was more. At least from what I can remember from the original version of pokemon Emerald.
Old August 22nd, 2011 (06:09 PM).

Can you find a shaymin in the game? I know that it doesn't say in wesley's website, but I've heard that there is a shaymin.
Old August 22nd, 2011 (07:13 PM). Edited August 22nd, 2011 by leews24.
ha

Nature: Jolly
hey guys,
I've started a screenshot walkthrough of LP
only problem is, Weebly, which I was planning on using, and having it constructed on,
turns out to be strongly ineffective

so I kinda turned around to Blogger temporarily(link at sig, read at you own risk)

anyway I seek your guys advice:
know a good site to do that? Anyone?

btw I'm kinda thinking of posting on Nuzlocke forums, they do have a good walkthrough forums, but they're like always hard going
or I could just post it at Pokecommunity, but than again there's Tyranee

Any advice?

Pokemon LP Screenshot Walkthrough aint dead, cuz[EP10] IS FINALLY OUT
http://pkmlpscreenwalkthrough.weebly.com/
Old August 22nd, 2011 (07:59 PM).
Team Plasma Failure

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by leews24:
hey guys,
I've started a screenshot walkthrough of LP
only problem is, Weebly, which I was planning on using, and having it constructed on,
turns out to be strongly ineffective

so I kinda turned around to Blogger temporarily(link at sig, read at you own risk)

anyway I seek your guys advice:
know a good site to do that? Anyone?

btw I'm kinda thinking of posting on Nuzlocke forums, they do have a good walkthrough forums, but they're like always hard going
or I could just post it at Pokecommunity, but than again there's Tyranee

Any advice?
I'm not really sure about helping you with this, but your.. temporary walkthrough's picture is... I can't see anything. Only words.
Old August 22nd, 2011 (08:11 PM). Edited August 22nd, 2011 by leews24.
ha

Quote originally posted by Genesect:
I'm not really sure about helping you with this, but your.. temporary walkthrough's picture is... I can't see anything. Only words.
Hmmm. I didnt see that.
I'll try to fix it, if I can
meanwhile, try right clicking the picture and click on show picture(h)
It should work if what you see is the box with a red x.

Edit::
I figured out a sloution envolving both weebly and evernote.

Pokemon LP Screenshot Walkthrough aint dead, cuz[EP10] IS FINALLY OUT
http://pkmlpscreenwalkthrough.weebly.com/
Old August 22nd, 2011 (09:17 PM). Edited August 22nd, 2011 by U.Flame.
Brony Hacker

You know, I just realized I should share my thoughts on this game. This whole time, I've been playing with the perspective of a beta tester. I concentrated on testing every event, and watching for any mistakes. But now, I still plan to send reports, but I now realize the beauty of the game.

Personally, I don't like the story at all. I never like evil teams that attempt to conquer the world, get away with everything, settle disputes with Pokemon battles, and are stopped by a kid. I don't like the story at all. Usually, story is the most important aspect of a hack in my opinion, but this time, it is playable because of three things:

Light Platinum's region (I haven't been to the second) is beautiful, new, and no areas are generic at all. Every route has unavoidable trainers, and that keeps it annoyingly busy. I love that. Every city is beautiful, no city is a useless placeholder.

The variety of Pokemon is perfect. For once, I have a well balanced team of Pokemon I like and still use strategically. No legendaries at all. (That's a first for me XD) I love the many obtainable 4th and 5th gen Pokemon too. Usually I hate 5th gen Pokemon but I'm attached to my Litwick. :3

The scripts aren't too bad either. Though I hate the story, it was beautiful seeing the Wally script being recycled to show a short epic battle to catch (SPOILER). Using Rain Dance to save a city and it stayed raining was pretty good too. The scripts I've seen are very creative.

I can't stand the story, but the game's maps, gameplay, and interesting scripts are what makes it wonderful. Good job Wesley and thank you Snakebyte for translating it.
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)