Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old October 1st, 2011 (10:32 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Southueki:
Actually the screenshots in the main page are Brazilian, not Portugal portuguese =)
Since when Brazilian is official language =D

Quote originally posted by Scizor_X:
How do I get past Skyner City?

I already beat the Gym Leader and she said something about using "Glide" outside of battles and gave a Pilot License so I can fly everywhere (thats what she said, altough I still can only fly from city to city)

I cant get past Route 504, it says "You can fly here on your pokémon" but it doenst give an option to use Fly, like when I use Surf for example, and I cant use Glide too
Teach Glide to one of your Pokemon and then use Pilot License

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 1st, 2011 (11:04 PM).
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Hardy
Wesley FG this is the best hack I ever seen!
Old October 2nd, 2011 (12:15 AM). Edited October 2nd, 2011 by 10asd.
Champion

Nature: Relaxed
leews2 i didnt found anything about that.But it happend something i decided to use emerald i pathced,turned on and appeard that screen about gamefreak pokecompany and others but then the screen turned black do you think its same problem?ohh and also i saw that episodes about you talk,you post the link at the end of every thread are yours that episodes?

Remeber my last question well forgot it because i find an guy who teled me exactly what pathc program and what IPS and Ruby rom to use i went to the site download use patch,opend and WORKED!Right now when i righting im playing the game im sorry for takeing your time with that questions but really helped me.Oh and hope ep 10 apeears in a few days
Old October 2nd, 2011 (04:46 AM).
ha

Nature: Jolly
10asd: Thank you for your support: However Ep10 will noy be up thi week. Apologies.

Master123: look down on my sig. Goto Lets Play forums. Search Smallbirdie.
A total of 3 types of walkthroughs exist, screenshot, vid, and text.

People need to learn to use the friggin search button.Is it that hard?

Pokemon LP Screenshot Walkthrough aint dead, cuz[EP10] IS FINALLY OUT
http://pkmlpscreenwalkthrough.weebly.com/
Old October 2nd, 2011 (08:02 AM). Edited October 2nd, 2011 by MaX Kazuki.
The QZ

Nature: Mild
After a semester ended at the university, i come to check the hack
and it's finally done!

and what's the base rom for this LightPlatinum?
really wanna play this hack

edit:
it is ruby?
if it is, I would be really surprised!
the quality of LightPlatinum is a lot way better than the original ruby
btw what program should I use to patch the rom?
Old October 2nd, 2011 (11:09 AM).

Quote originally posted by leews24:
I'm wondering why this post is here, when the search button exists and the pokedex is in the official site
Larvesta, is in the game but I'm not sure where it is. Gible is in Dragonite cave, but is unavailable due to tile isses.

Next time, SEARCH BEFORE ASK
well actually I did search and couldn´t find anything(searched in a walkthrough)so next time you should be either helpful or just stand quiet pls, thx

@Sonic/Ethan(Who was actually helpful instead of other persons...), Do you mean that gible and bagon are in the latest version in mt. shuem or that they will be in an updated version? thx
Old October 3rd, 2011 (08:41 AM).
Champion

Hey guys i have an problem.In Lauren after i beat 1st Gym i need Rock Climb but where to find it?
Old October 3rd, 2011 (10:34 AM).

Brother, you know what I think about your hack, is one of the best I saw in my life, and even more so is complete.
Your ideas, scripts, and other tiles, give it a wonderful touch to hack.
Your creativity, your creativity was undoubtedly the best for the LP. I hope you resolve the errors left in the hack, or do other, are an excellent rom-hacker ^ ^

Salu2! n_n
Old October 3rd, 2011 (04:03 PM).
ha

Quote originally posted by XxMoe666xX:
well actually I did search and couldn´t find anything(searched in a walkthrough)so next time you should be either helpful or just stand quiet pls, thx

@Sonic/Ethan(Who was actually helpful instead of other persons...), Do you mean that gible and bagon are in the latest version in mt. shuem or that they will be in an updated version? thx
I was talking about the search button IN THE THREAD
Apologies if I was offensive, but after you see the same questions over and over again, it become quite annoying.

Gible and bagon are already in LP, and this is the final version, Mt.Draconem.
however due to some tile settings, they are not encounterable.
You may fix this your self via Adavanced Map, or the hard version Sonic is making.
This IS the final version, and that wont change.

Old October 5th, 2011 (04:32 AM).
elite trainer

Nature: Rash
Man!!!!! Awesome hack! I have played a lot of hacks (Reign of legends, Ash's Quest, Mewtwo strikes back etc...) but this is the best hack hands down!!!! Someone should give d maker a medal. I am currently in Lauren, 7 gyms done!=)
Old October 5th, 2011 (08:25 AM).
Champion

Come on where i find rock climb? Need it after beat 1st gym in lauren
Old October 5th, 2011 (11:28 AM).
Thunder Master-GameFreak

Ok, I'm having a problem I downloaded the full english version of IPS file from the first page of this thread. Downloaded several different Clean USA and UK roms, and am using VBA. Ran Lunar IPS, and patched them up. Each one isn't working correctly, their all clean roms but I keep coming up with white screens.

What's the problem here? Why, am I experiencing this type of problem?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 5th, 2011 (11:19 PM).
elite trainer

Nature: Rash
Hey I hav just finishd d world championship arc. and i have beaten all d trainers that turn up in towns caught all legendaries etc bur why is d ironeim shipyard locked?
Old October 6th, 2011 (08:31 AM).
Champion

Ive got some new problems new ones i was wrong at the last one i didnt knew that you atuo gain the TM that help in quest.In Richian city i talked to Sokai went to PC puted Snorlax,Steelix and an Shinx i caught on road and still didnt appeard.Alos why i cant do fly in some cities of the Lauren region i got fly and viisted that cities but still cant.Someone please answer me this problems
Old October 6th, 2011 (05:59 PM).

Hi, im new here, and i'm a great fan of this awesome game thanks for WesleyFG for this!

I have a question to do:

- I almost finished this game, its just rests Dialga and Palkia, and it seems that on the official site it says that it needs a ''vestibule'' to catch them. How do i get a vestibule? (srry to bother
Old October 7th, 2011 (03:23 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by 10asd:
Hey guys i have an problem.In Lauren after i beat 1st Gym i need Rock Climb but where to find it?
I think you get it from the first gym leader...?

Quote originally posted by Gamefreak089:
What's the problem here? Why, am I experiencing this type of problem?
Because you are not the only one
Use Ruby v1.0 and VBA from Wes' page.

Quote originally posted by Bryanpiuma:
- I almost finished this game, its just rests Dialga and Palkia, and it seems that on the official site it says that it needs a ''vestibule'' to catch them. How do i get a vestibule? (srry to bother
Click on sign.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 7th, 2011 (06:04 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Okay i need someone's help AGAIN. first of all im really sorry im askign on here. I tried searching this but i had no luck. so when i get to the cave at the top of the waterfall that leads to the elite four, solana or wvr tells me to go to here house to fight a guy names lunick. I assumed solana's house was in yellow town but i couldnt find any lunick guy there so can someone tell me where to go from here to find lunick so i can get past solana and get to the zhery pkmn league please? Like i said before i could really use a FULL game walkthrough but none re helping e very much. please help me out here! it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Old October 7th, 2011 (07:32 PM).
ha

Quote originally posted by Master123:
Okay i need someone's help AGAIN. first of all im really sorry im askign on here. I tried searching this but i had no luck. so when i get to the cave at the top of the waterfall that leads to the elite four, solana or wvr tells me to go to here house to fight a guy names lunick. I assumed solana's house was in yellow town but i couldnt find any lunick guy there so can someone tell me where to go from here to find lunick so i can get past solana and get to the zhery pkmn league please? Like i said before i could really use a FULL game walkthrough but none re helping e very much. please help me out here! it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
This is mentioned in my walkthrough 7&8...
And Smallbirdie's walkthrough also has this.
Besides, I swear to god this question has been asked before.
Whatever. You tried searchin.

Lunick/Solona's house is in the route between Snowice and the waterfall.
Route 415. If you took the correct path all along, you were probably there already, and fought Solona at the door of the house.

Old October 8th, 2011 (03:42 AM). Edited October 8th, 2011 by ch4r1zard.
Burner of backsides

im slightly mythed as to y there is no mamoswine in this hack...

also im a bit stuck and i cant find a walkthrough that explains the lauren league lol. anyway im at noormeak city and im stuck as to where i got the enigma berry from.

Current project: Anime cry replacement - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=294657
Old October 8th, 2011 (08:34 AM).

Can i ask something ??
i just beat the second E4, and after that i don't know what to do anymore O_O

before the second E4, i also beat the leader of Team Steam, and he just laught like crazy and just dissapear '

And now i'm kinda confused after beating the 2nd E4, now where do i go ??
considering there's 2 Legendary pokemon that i've seen while chasing Team Steam (Rayquaza, and the other one i don't know it's name)

is there all to it for this Hacks ?
The hack is awesome, the pokemon is easy to catch, the leveling is simple because of the Rare item like Lucky egg is easy to get.
But the Story sometimes kinda Confusing, like don't know where to go if you don't read what the NPC is saying, or even if you read it, you still don't know

I Almost gone crazy, about where to find Rock Climb, because i thought it was a HM, when i check my bag it's already there XD
Old October 8th, 2011 (07:52 PM). Edited October 8th, 2011 by SinnersLife.

hey, leews24 not to be a pain but im playing PLP but theres a difference my feebas wont evolve like your did right away. i tried and it said not able to.

Quote originally posted by leews24:
Master123: look down on my sig. Goto Lets Play forums. Search Smallbirdie.
A total of 3 types of walkthroughs exist, screenshot, vid, and text.
okay i Have just a few issues,
- one i talked to oak multiple times and i never recieved my 2nd gen starter NVM i got it finally it took a few more tries but i ended up with cyndaquil when i chose charmander?
- and you using the water stone on feebas right away didnt work for me.

btw, i got the portugese one so i dont know if there are slight differences with a little ips patch that came with it too so any ideas as to whats wrong?
Old October 9th, 2011 (04:22 AM).

Ehm, why can't you buy normal PokeBalls anywhere? I thought this was a bug, because I played it on my phone. Then I tried both portugese and english versions on PC and there aren't any pokeballs at the 1st, and 2nd city either. Only way I got pokeballs is from prof Jasmine, and you only get 5.
Old October 9th, 2011 (05:05 AM). Edited October 9th, 2011 by leews24.
ha

Quote originally posted by SinnersLife:
btw, i got the portugese one so i dont know if there are slight differences with a little ips patch that came with it too so any ideas as to whats wrong?
Oooooo. Im afraid that the portugese version is the problem.
I do not remember perfrctly but when Snakebyte translated the game, he made a few more changes for convenience. Stone evloutions, were one of them. I'm afraid I do not know the original evolution.
And about getting starters... heres what is supposed to happen.
First you get 1st gen starter
Oak gets you a 2 gen starter. However everytime you talk to him, the satrter he offers changes. Same for all the rest, except the 5th gen starter in Lauren region , where the proff. Gives it to you as a present.

Hope that helped!

Quote originally posted by Ducci:
Ehm, why can't you buy normal PokeBalls anywhere? I thought this was a bug, because I played it on my phone. Then I tried both portugese and english versions on PC and there aren't any pokeballs at the 1st, and 2nd city either. Only way I got pokeballs is from prof Jasmine, and you only get 5.
This question has been asked before.
Pokballs are not available until the Dept. Store. However othere balls are available.

Quote originally posted by Blink2011:
And now i'm kinda confused after beating the 2nd E4, now where do i go ??
considering there's 2 Legendary pokemon that i've seen while chasing Team Steam (Rayquaza, and the other one i don't know it's name)

is there all to it for this Hacks ?
The hack is awesome, the pokemon is easy to catch, the leveling is simple because of the Rare item like Lucky egg is easy to get.
Go beat Ash in the World Championship, and go catch legendaries. Thats it.
Parts of Team Steamcoughzerocough will be encounterable in the process.

Old October 9th, 2011 (05:15 AM).

thanks leews24, hmmm might have to try and get that one to work, i patched it over to a rom of ruby but all i get is white screen when i load it?
Old October 9th, 2011 (03:49 PM).
I play for keeps!

Quote originally posted by SinnersLife:
thanks leews24, hmmm might have to try and get that one to work, i patched it over to a rom of ruby but all i get is white screen when i load it?
I've finally got it to work after a while. You need to patch a very specific ROM: Ruby (U) V1.0, it works like any other ROM is expected to after that.

BTW, I'm not very far into this game. But from the start one can tell that a great deal of work was put in. Greeeeeat work.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links