The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:52 PM
HeroesAndCons

Advertise here
Guys, MAJOR problem here! I trained my elekid that I picked up at the beginning of the game, it evolved to Electabuzz at level 31 I think. Everything so far went pretty well.

Then when I got Electabuzz to Electivire at Level 40, he evolved but also went DOWN three levels, to a Level 37 Electivire? Now this didnt seem like anything more than a minor glitch, so i saved afterwards anyway. Now, My Electivire is a level 38 and no matter how I level him up to Level 39 (Rare Candy, trainer, wild battle, etc) the game freezes when his level 39 stats come up on the screen. Which basically means that my electivire than i trained all the way throguh the game up to Groment City (where I am now) is completely unusable! Is there any way around this problem?? and will the same thing happen to Magmar when he evolves to Magmortar?! :O

As a second and less-pressing question, where can i egt a Carvanha? I really want Kingdra for my water type but all i get when fishing around the city is Wailmer (Super Rod) and Magikarp (Good rod)...
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:29 PM
SimonTatsumi
Beginning Trainer

help me pls? i saw someone say, you can't catch "Shaymin, Meloetta, Genesect, Kami trio, Victini, and Keldeo in Light Platinum" in this forum ... :/ i just found a shaymin in Inhore Woods... and for those who keep asking for Cobalion and Terrakion, try checking Route 508 and 505 grass ... and is it possible to get ditto? (I'm not allowed to post urls yet so just remove the [] and all the * [h*t*t*p:/*/tiny*pic*.*co*m/r/246kq5l/5]) <shaymin... when i downloaded it, it said, "contains all the legends" can someone hunt? or do you want me to hunt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroesAndCons View Post
Guys, MAJOR problem here! I trained my elekid that I picked up at the beginning of the game, it evolved to Electabuzz at level 31 I think. Everything so far went pretty well.

Then when I got Electabuzz to Electivire at Level 40, he evolved but also went DOWN three levels, to a Level 37 Electivire? Now this didnt seem like anything more than a minor glitch, so i saved afterwards anyway. Now, My Electivire is a level 38 and no matter how I level him up to Level 39 (Rare Candy, trainer, wild battle, etc) the game freezes when his level 39 stats come up on the screen. Which basically means that my electivire than i trained all the way throguh the game up to Groment City (where I am now) is completely unusable! Is there any way around this problem?? and will the same thing happen to Magmar when he evolves to Magmortar?! :O

As a second and less-pressing question, where can i egt a Carvanha? I really want Kingdra for my water type but all i get when fishing around the city is Wailmer (Super Rod) and Magikarp (Good rod)...
well, you can get kingdra in and carvanha in seanport city, but you have to use surf, no need the rods, and for the elekid, there is a glich in the game that causes this but im not sure about the freezing... mine is level 69 and when he evolved, his level went down, but i still trained it

Last edited by SimonTatsumi; April 22nd, 2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:08 PM
0shawott
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin cadet View Post
Alright guys I have a major problem. I saved before the 3rd gym leader, and after I beat him the water levels went back up and now I cant get out. Im stuck and starting the game over from the beginning does not sound too appealing. Is there any way I can fix this? Im playing this on gpsphone on my iphone.
Create a text file on your computer and give it the same name as your ROM. If your ROM is called Pokemon Light Platinum.GBA, call the text file Pokemon Light Platinum.GBA.cht. Open the file and type in the following:
Walk Through Walls
CE2CCCB25D8D815D
Then save the file and place it in the same folder as your ROM on your phone. Open your ROM in gpsphone and click Toggle Cheats, then select your walk through walls code.

@Impergnator - if you don't want to train another Kingdra, you could always edit Seadra's evolution in YAPE.
@HeroesAndCons - you can catch Carvahna in Marfeny Lake.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:20 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuno View Post
what do u mean wait for shiny gyardose? if i cant get it wheres the best place to catch a gayradose in the game?
Everywhere where water is present, I think Seanport is the best place.
And it's Gyarados, not Gyaradose...

Quote:
Well I've FINALLY got it working, and after just 15 mins playing the game I'm already extremely impressed! Definitely an amazing hack! 9/10 so far XD
Well... that's kinda better than 0/10 you wanted to give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwings View Post
How do I evolve eevee into espeon?
I think it's the same as always and since LP does not have DNS you must edit the evolution in YAPE in order to obtain Espie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwings View Post
Well I got mine from wesleyfg.weebly.com so meh either that or I cannot find the gym leader in serenity city.

Finally beat that chestnut and now I am stuck trying to find the 7th gym leader..found her in south of mt winter then lost her again.
You need to find her 2 times in Mt. Winter.

Quote:

It's a known glitch... unfortunately there is no known sollution as of yet.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:00 AM
Letty
Pacifist

Nature: Gentle
My eyes filled with tears!
so beautiful your game!

Kisses ;*
Old April 23rd, 2012, 06:12 AM
LuxXx25
Beginning Trainer

This game is so FiretrUCKIN amaizing! The scriptng is amaizing, the pokemon from all gens even more amaizing, and the fact that u can obtain all starters, holy sh1t man, I salute you! 1337/10!
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:42 AM
silverwings
Beginning Trainer

Hmmm what to do after you beta flamerny city gym leader?
Old April 24th, 2012, 09:05 AM
gokuno
i am GOKUNO, son of...

This is killing me, i caught a magikarp but it cant learn THRASH, so i need 2 catch a Gyarados. i got 2 badges left. I went to seaport and i keep getting walmer with superod and a magikarp with good rod BUT no Gyarados. HELP!!!!
or
can i goto a move tutor so it can re-learn thrash? if so where does he live?

Last edited by gokuno; April 24th, 2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:14 PM
dwsquirtle

Hey,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I am not able to play this game anymore. It was working fine before, but I'm not sure what happened. I patch with lips, and I'm pretty sure the ruby rom is clean. I have used the link on this thread so I'm not sure what else to do. I keep getting white screens, and I have my save state at 128. Please help!
Old April 25th, 2012, 02:37 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
This is killing me, i caught a magikarp but it cant learn THRASH, so i need 2 catch a Gyarados. i got 2 badges left. I went to seaport and i keep getting walmer with superod and a magikarp with good rod BUT no Gyarados. HELP!!!!
or
can i goto a move tutor so it can re-learn thrash? if so where does he live?
Magikarp learning Thrash!!! I didn't know it was possible...It can only learn three moves and not Thrash..
Old April 25th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Dban1
To Be The Best ROM Hacker

Nature: Calm
Erm hey guys I think something retarded happened to me @.@ I was playing this game till I reached the part where I needed to use Lava surf and I realised I ENTIRELY SKIPPED THE 2ND Gym. I have the 1,3 and 4 badges but not the 2nd. This is not a glitch just that I missed it out. Problem is, for now with all the moves I currently have I cannot go back to esmerald city because no boat is there to fetch me back. I don't want to replay again is there anyway anyone can help? I'm really desperate here
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:04 AM
gokuno
i am GOKUNO, son of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Magikarp learning Thrash!!! I didn't know it was possible...It can only learn three moves and not Thrash..
yeh i know, thats what i essentially said...

so where can i catch a Gyarados in the game?
Old April 25th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Stefke
Togepi

Nature: Bashful
Quote:
yeh i know, thats what i essentially said...

so where can i catch a Gyarados in the game?
Why don't you simply evolve your Magikarp ? It evolves at level 20, it's not that high. Besides, I think it would be quicker than spending hours fishing for a Gyarados. I don't recall finding wild Gyarados until late in the game (like 7 badges or something)...
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:19 PM
gokuno
i am GOKUNO, son of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefke View Post
Why don't you simply evolve your Magikarp ? It evolves at level 20, it's not that high. Besides, I think it would be quicker than spending hours fishing for a Gyarados. I don't recall finding wild Gyarados until late in the game (like 7 badges or something)...
AN EVOLVED MAGIKARP DOES NOT LEARN THRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

so i need to catch a gyradose as it will have THRASH!!!
Old April 25th, 2012, 01:59 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
hey I got a problem here.It took me a long time to get it running BUT when it did...(VBA) the Z and X button would't only space and enter. HELP ME !
Old April 25th, 2012, 02:06 PM
ForeverEternal
Unhatched Egg

I have a problem. Every time I patch the english patch on a rom it turns out to be spanish. Am I doing something wrong?
Old April 25th, 2012, 02:21 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg man View Post
hey I got a problem here.It took me a long time to get it running BUT when it did...(VBA) the Z and X button would't only space and enter. HELP ME !
What i mean is ever since i got LP to work my VBA won't work with abutton problem!
Old April 25th, 2012, 02:33 PM
ptshady

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverEternal View Post
I have a problem. Every time I patch the english patch on a rom it turns out to be spanish. Am I doing something wrong?
First, its not spanish, its portuguese, second, there is a english version, you can download it on wesley's website, http://wesleyfg.weebly.com/download-eng-version.html

U should ready the first post.
Old April 25th, 2012, 04:45 PM
ForeverEternal
Unhatched Egg

I read the first post. And the link you gave is the same one in the first post. That is why I said every time I patch the English patch.
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:14 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
There are two links at first post.. The link mentioning the translator SNAKEBYTE is the English one..
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:18 AM
ThatsWhiteBro
Beginning Trainer

WOW! this hack is so unbelievable awesome man. so sick. way better then even the new pokemon games that are out.

Old April 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
silverwings
Beginning Trainer

Just asking can you have multiple hacks on 1 rom for example can I have guardians of life and Light platinum saves and both hacks at the same time?
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:29 PM
gatorzftw
Unhatched Egg

quick question: how to attack/special attack work in this game? It has changed a few times, so I wasn't sure if this game follows current games system, or ruby's system since its a ruby hack.

I.E. is thunderpunch a physical move in this game?

Otherwise, I just found this site the other night, and this version of pokemon is awesome! I am about the challenge the first gym leader now with my Charmeleon, trapinch, elekid, and croconaw!
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:30 PM
ForeverEternal
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
There are two links at first post.. The link mentioning the translator SNAKEBYTE is the English one..
I know this. I am saying every time I patch a rom using the english version, it turns out Portuguese.
Old April 26th, 2012, 04:02 PM
HeroesAndCons

Guys, I need help with the last stage of the game. I've just beaten the Lauren league and I'm stuck. I've got the World Pass, but i don't know how to get to the world Championships and I don't know what to do. The only thing i've found since then is a fight with Steven in Snowce City, but nowhere else has given me anythign to do yet...
Also, how do you get the tickets to use the Aeroplane and Train?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorzftw View Post
quick question: how to attack/special attack work in this game? It has changed a few times, so I wasn't sure if this game follows current games system, or ruby's system since its a ruby hack.

I.E. is thunderpunch a physical move in this game?
This game is just a normal Ruby hack in the way that it follows the old attack forms - ie. all attacks of a type are the same:
All fire, electric, water, ice, grass, dragon, dark and psychic attacks are special.
All poison, ghost, bug, flying, steel, rock, ground, fighting and normal attacks are physical.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here