The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Daily Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read


Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6601    
Old May 17th, 2012 (5:01 AM).
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: interstellar
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 14,612
I really need to try this out, it looks awesome so well done for creating such a respectable hack!
__________________
» release me ♪
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #6602    
Old May 17th, 2012 (9:15 AM).
SpectreX SpectreX is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
What are the battle mechanics for the game (from the physical-special side of things)? Is it move type or is it like the post r/s/e and based on the move itself (i.e. flamethrower special, flare blitz physical)?
Reply With Quote
  #6603    
Old May 17th, 2012 (1:30 PM).
yusufs1's Avatar
yusufs1 yusufs1 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 32
I loovvee this.
Just wondering if you can get a town map, and if there is a move deleter guy
Reply With Quote
  #6604    
Old May 17th, 2012 (1:58 PM).
ziii223 ziii223 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4
The only reason I posted about my problem was because I've looked for the solution and couldn't find it. All I could find was how to fix a white screen. I'll continue to look back though.
Reply With Quote
  #6605    
Old May 18th, 2012 (1:11 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreX View Post
What are the battle mechanics for the game (from the physical-special side of things)? Is it move type or is it like the post r/s/e and based on the move itself (i.e. flamethrower special, flare blitz physical)?
For the 512,509th time, this has no 4th generation mechanics.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #6606    
Old May 18th, 2012 (1:28 AM).
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finding new Challenges !!
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by yusufs1 View Post
I loovvee this.
Just wondering if you can get a town map, and if there is a move deleter guy
There is a Map in every poke'center in the game.. and the move deleter.............i forgot it.. but i have a hinch its in snowce city or serenity city.
Reply With Quote
  #6607    
Old May 18th, 2012 (12:43 PM).
Doa's Avatar
Doa Doa is offline
Analyzer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kanto
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 28
Okay, let's see...

I liked this hack, though I didn't get a chance to play very much of it. I thought it was sort of neat to get lots of free stuff and lots of rare encounters right off the bat, and using TM Thief on trees outside of battle was pretty neat. Central City was a pretty neat location, and it appeared to have everything so that players would keep returning.

One thing I did notice (and it only dawned on me after obtaining the next starter lineup from Professor Oak) is that you can use your Pokedex in the Safari Zone before you even obtain it. Perhaps Central City wasn't the best place?
__________________
This is a signature.

I'd post my sucky Diamond/HeartGold/ROM teams here, but...meh.
Reply With Quote
  #6608    
Old May 18th, 2012 (8:04 PM).
alehizzle's Avatar
alehizzle alehizzle is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Posts: 38
Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed in the shiny Zubat I just found.

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6609    
Old May 18th, 2012 (9:49 PM). Edited May 18th, 2012 by HongKongBinLaden.
HongKongBinLaden HongKongBinLaden is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 19
the hack is good, but i am seriously aware of the mixed up experience table on a line of evolution, which for whrilpede had 1056980 exp tabl, while its final evolution had 1640000,

and beating salamance / metagross yield puny experience, as it is because the catch rate AND base experience is mixed, and thus is not rewarding to beat those beasts, which is the other point unnerving me.... :(

i had hacked through the experience table to make it plausible, however, when i meet the pokemon at latter internal number, such as ralts (which the game number > 386) and freezes.

If there any possible way to hack through the pokemon table without triggering error, i will be very happy to play that (a rant from an amateur pokemon rom hacker)

for the experience spilt, you can apply the jambo451's ruby split physica/special attack code to there to solve the problem. i used it and it sounds working, as i tried with my bayleaf's razor leaf on a sandslash, she cut a half HP in first strike, but when sandslash used defensive curl, she only can cut him about a quarter of total HP...

PS Razor leaf is physical attack
Reply With Quote
  #6610    
Old May 18th, 2012 (11:20 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by alehizzle View Post
Needless to say, I was a bit disappointed in the shiny Zubat I just found.
Wes did not implement shiny pallete, it's a known fact
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #6611    
Old May 19th, 2012 (1:05 AM).
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finding new Challenges !!
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doa View Post
Okay, let's see...

I liked this hack, though I didn't get a chance to play very much of it. I thought it was sort of neat to get lots of free stuff and lots of rare encounters right off the bat, and using TM Thief on trees outside of battle was pretty neat. Central City was a pretty neat location, and it appeared to have everything so that players would keep returning.

One thing I did notice (and it only dawned on me after obtaining the next starter lineup from Professor Oak) is that you can use your Pokedex in the Safari Zone before you even obtain it. Perhaps Central City wasn't the best place?
Dude the safari zone is glitched. you are no supposed to enter it.
Reply With Quote
  #6612    
Old May 19th, 2012 (1:47 AM).
0shawott's Avatar
0shawott 0shawott is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 58
@HongKongBinLaden - How does the patch work with 'new' moves like Lava Surf? I say 'new' as it just replaces Flash.
@alienhunterx - In what way is the Safari Zone broken? I caught a Snover just fine and now I'm using it as an Abomasnow.
Reply With Quote
  #6613    
Old May 19th, 2012 (3:39 AM). Edited May 19th, 2012 by HongKongBinLaden.
HongKongBinLaden HongKongBinLaden is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 19
For a few "new" moves, Sadly, i had to further investigate it with the flagging with the pokemon move editor, because when i use "fire surf", it just damage for only 1 ,

so, i have to change the flag from "status" to either "physical" or "special" to make it whopping as flamethrower......

currently hacking (my homebrew version of modified experience table and triats...) the messed up moveset for several pokemons... (glitchy attack set...) hope it could be resolved at last......

next step is the pokedex hotfix... (hope that the text could show what pokemon really is, instead of the glitchy set, like meinfoo has the dex of natu, and acerus for xatu...)
Reply With Quote
  #6614    
Old May 19th, 2012 (10:27 AM). Edited May 19th, 2012 by alehizzle.
alehizzle's Avatar
alehizzle alehizzle is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Docile
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Wes did not implement shiny pallete, it's a known fact
I did not know that.

Also, I can't seem to find Serenity's gym leader. . .

Edit: Nevermind. I swear to god, I've been in and out of this Power Plant a bagillion times and he's never been there before now. :x
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6615    
Old May 19th, 2012 (10:57 AM).
jradams11 jradams11 is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 6
Hey everyone,

Ive been trying desperately to get Pokemon Light Platinum to work, but I have been completely unsuccessful so far. Whenever I download the ROM already patched, or when I attempt to use the IPS to patch a Pokemon Ruby ROM myself, the file that's created will only produce a blank white screen on Visual Boy Advanced, occasionally with small red letters in the bottom left saying something like "battery loaded".

Can somebody PLEASE help? I would love to play this game and would be more than willing to throw some monetary support to the Light Platinum Cause if someone can just help me make it work.

I eagerly await a response!
-A hopeful Pokemon Fan
Reply With Quote
  #6616    
Old May 19th, 2012 (12:35 PM). Edited May 19th, 2012 by ThomasDias.
ThomasDias ThomasDias is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
Hi everyone!

Can someone help me to choose between the Archeops and Braviary?
And can anyone advise a good grass type?
Reply With Quote
  #6617    
Old May 19th, 2012 (1:09 PM).
0shawott's Avatar
0shawott 0shawott is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongBinLaden View Post
For a few "new" moves, Sadly, i had to further investigate it with the flagging with the pokemon move editor, because when i use "fire surf", it just damage for only 1 ,

so, i have to change the flag from "status" to either "physical" or "special" to make it whopping as flamethrower......

currently hacking (my homebrew version of modified experience table and triats...) the messed up moveset for several pokemons... (glitchy attack set...) hope it could be resolved at last......

next step is the pokedex hotfix... (hope that the text could show what pokemon really is, instead of the glitchy set, like meinfoo has the dex of natu, and acerus for xatu...)
So are you creating a 'fixed' version of Light Platinum? I know that grafixt made a version with the fixed Exp. rates, perhaps he could help you?
And if you're using Chaos Rush's physical / special split patch, he said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
...it includes my unreleased font patch. So, in theory, it would work fine with hacks that have the font unchanged. But with hacks that have the font changed, such as Light Platinum, it would make the font look glitchy, but it shouldn't be hard to fix, as you would just go to the font offset in TileMolester and copy+paste from either my patch (which uses Emerald font) or a clean Ruby rom.
Reply With Quote
  #6618    
Old May 19th, 2012 (11:41 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Dude the safari zone is glitched. you are no supposed to enter it.
Um... not quite...
Safari Zone is not glitched at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradams11 View Post
Hey everyone,

Ive been trying desperately to get Pokemon Light Platinum to work, but I have been completely unsuccessful so far. Whenever I download the ROM already patched, or when I attempt to use the IPS to patch a Pokemon Ruby ROM myself, the file that's created will only produce a blank white screen on Visual Boy Advanced, occasionally with small red letters in the bottom left saying something like "battery loaded".
Try to use VBA-M and Ruby v1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasDias View Post
Hi everyone!

Can someone help me to choose between the Archeops and Braviary?
And can anyone advise a good grass type?
I would go for Archeops if you really want those birds.
And grass types are pretty useless Reserve free space for something more useful
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #6619    
Old May 20th, 2012 (2:50 AM).
ThomasDias ThomasDias is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

I would go for Archeops if you really want those birds.
And grass types are pretty useless Reserve free space for something more useful
Thank you.
My team after winning the last babge:

Charizard lvl 66
Electivire lvl 66
Kingdra lvl 45 (training)
Archen lvl 20 (training)
Dratini lvl 10 (training)

That non-legendary pokemon should I choose for the last free space?
Reply With Quote
  #6620    
Old May 20th, 2012 (5:01 AM).
Darkerm's Avatar
Darkerm Darkerm is offline
Darkness is Not always Evil
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangladesh
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Posts: 401
Wow O_O The final version is out?
its been so long since I last played any Pokemon hack may be more than a year.
Gonna play it on my Mobile (Xperia Neo XD)
will post gilth and error if I find some :D
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds the 350px height limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #6621    
Old May 20th, 2012 (6:13 AM).
mavy42's Avatar
mavy42 mavy42 is offline
I'm back, broz :)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Posts: 159
i have really, really big problem! so i've finished World Championship...
After capturing some legendaries.... the events were really weird...
i can get unova starter again... i beat yellow again at Mt. lauren...
AND REALLY< REALLY WORSE!!!!! Flamenry city is filled with ARON and i can't enter Mt. Vulcan where Heatran is!
and where the hell can i find Peak Mt. Kyurem???
__________________
Bye PC !
Currently playing Brawl Busters, Grand Chase, Dragon Nest and Ragnarok!
Sorry!
Reply With Quote
  #6622    
Old May 20th, 2012 (11:08 AM).
Hacker Bisharp's Avatar
Hacker Bisharp Hacker Bisharp is offline
Bug reporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Posts: 334
Where is the 7th gym leader?
There isn't in the gym...
__________________
Hacks I support:

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Reply With Quote
  #6623    
Old May 20th, 2012 (10:48 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 14,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasDias View Post
Thank you.
My team after winning the last babge:

Charizard lvl 66
Electivire lvl 66
Kingdra lvl 45 (training)
Archen lvl 20 (training)
Dratini lvl 10 (training)

That non-legendary pokemon should I choose for the last free space?
Lucario =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkerm View Post
Wow O_O The final version is out?
Wow, you are pretty slow for a Darkrai :D
Nah, I just had to =D Don't take it personally =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavy42 View Post
i have really, really big problem! so i've finished World Championship...
After capturing some legendaries.... the events were really weird...
i can get unova starter again... i beat yellow again at Mt. lauren...
AND REALLY< REALLY WORSE!!!!! Flamenry city is filled with ARON and i can't enter Mt. Vulcan where Heatran is!
and where the hell can i find Peak Mt. Kyurem???
Aron script sometimes glitches up...
Use walkthrough wall cheat...
And Mt. Kyurem is the narrow path close to the watefall where you met Solana (who was standing in the front of Victory Road cave).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
Where is the 7th gym leader?
There isn't in the gym...
You need to go to Power Plant to find him.
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Reply With Quote
  #6624    
Old May 21st, 2012 (1:23 AM).
XeroNos's Avatar
XeroNos XeroNos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finding new Challenges !!
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jradams11 View Post
Hey everyone,

Ive been trying desperately to get Pokemon Light Platinum to work, but I have been completely unsuccessful so far. Whenever I download the ROM already patched, or when I attempt to use the IPS to patch a Pokemon Ruby ROM myself, the file that's created will only produce a blank white screen on Visual Boy Advanced, occasionally with small red letters in the bottom left saying something like "battery loaded".

Can somebody PLEASE help? I would love to play this game and would be more than willing to throw some monetary support to the Light Platinum Cause if someone can just help me make it work.

I eagerly await a response!
-A hopeful Pokemon Fan
Sorry guys about my lack of knowledge about Safari zone and
@jradams11: you just pm me your email address and ill help you.........:D
Reply With Quote
  #6625    
Old May 21st, 2012 (4:15 AM).
Hacker Bisharp's Avatar
Hacker Bisharp Hacker Bisharp is offline
Bug reporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Posts: 334
Where is Power Plant?
I do not find.
__________________
Hacks I support:

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:41 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2016 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.

Acknowledgements
Use of PokéCommunity Assets
vB Optimise by DragonByte Technologies Ltd © 2016.