Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2012 (04:57 PM). Edited May 26th, 2012 by HongKongBinLaden.

Nature: Adamant
Actually, when you tried to use YAPE to modify the experience table, there would be some mixed up moveset for the last pokemon on the list, include electrive, where their move are around the glitched move instead of normal level up moves.

The proble why electrive dropthree levels while evolution is that due t the mixed experience table problem.............from 1,000,000 to 1,640,000 base experience an dtherefore some mixing would occur............

We can use the pokemon editor (a complete editor developed by hackmew) which can fix the table without many troubles.

i have fixed my rom there and the problem is so far so good, (just had to wade through the hex codes of pokemon, they had got no names....) I also tried to include the new pphysical and special split, hovever, forgive me the buggy counter/mirror coat and hidden power had the problem unresolved, and i replaced it with some shinoh moves including the Aura sphere and dark pulse, which add some special moves for those types with physical only moves.

The nwe mon, i speculate they use up some unown spaces, and i suggest taht if it is possible to replace the original unown with some gen 4 mon, like togekiss, as the unown is not found at wild when i flick through the maps with advanced maps.

For soem ranting about unable to catch bagon in draken mountain, i add a little patch of grassland there so that you can catch them,.l

For further details, i will upload my modification ips, and hope you guys engpjoy. ;)

beware of pikachu trainers, their pika are now holding lightballs ( thanks to a-trainer)

The gen 5 legendaries are pretty cool indeed.
Old May 26th, 2012 (05:26 PM).
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by rpg man:
My emboar evolved to scolipede ! help!
can anyone help? i don't want to evolve it

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old May 26th, 2012 (10:28 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by rpg man:
My emboar evolved to scolipede ! help!
Yeah, it happens.

Quote originally posted by HongKongBinLaden:
Actually, when you tried to use YAPE to modify the experience table, there would be some mixed up moveset for the last pokemon on the list, include electrive, where their move are around the glitched move instead of normal level up moves.
Well you don't say :D
Of course we know it but no one has time to fix all the minor things.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 27th, 2012 (11:01 AM).

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

Try to use VBA-M and Ruby v1.0.
Ok, so Ive managed to get my hands on a working Portuguese version, which I downloaded as a pre-patched GBA, since none of my attempts to patch the file myself were successful, popping up that blank white screen as usual. Any way to find a similar English version, or get the one I have to run as English? So close!
Old May 28th, 2012 (12:16 AM). Edited May 28th, 2012 by alienhunterx.

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Mystery123:
Hey i was wondering if any one could help me figure out why this room won't work. Im using gameboid on android and when i go to use the rom it will show a white screen and then it force quits. I already set the save type to 128kb and it still wont work.
Pm me your mail address I will help you...

Quote originally posted by jradams11:
Ok, so Ive managed to get my hands on a working Portuguese version, which I downloaded as a pre-patched GBA, since none of my attempts to patch the file myself were successful, popping up that blank white screen as usual. Any way to find a similar English version, or get the one I have to run as English? So close!
You got a problem of white screen???? Just PM me your mail address i will help you
Old May 28th, 2012 (01:48 AM).

hey guys i must say this is a great rom only real glitch i have run into was electrivire losing three levels when it evolved anyways i wanted some peoples opinions on what pokemon i should use for my final team of 6 from these pokemon i have, i am up to 7th gym:

Infernape - lvl 54
Swampert - lvl 53
Electrivire - lvl 53
Zwelius - lvl 52
Snorlax - lvl 49
Aggron - lvl 51
Staraptor - lvl 50
Pupitar - lvl 49
Milotic - lvl 45
Venusuar - lvl 45
Typhlosion - lvl 50

Which 6 should i use?
Old May 28th, 2012 (07:21 AM). Edited May 28th, 2012 by loukasGR.

One of the best hacks i have seen nice job dude!
Old May 28th, 2012 (09:52 AM).

Which is the last version?
Old May 28th, 2012 (05:36 PM).

Hey! Sorry, I'm Kinda new here. Please help me with this game. I patched My game then load the rom in VBA it became all white! Please help me! I didn't play this game.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 28th, 2012 (09:23 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by BlacknYellowHD:
Which is the last version?
The final one =D

Quote originally posted by davel777:
Hey! Sorry, I'm Kinda new here. Please help me with this game. I patched My game then load the rom in VBA it became all white! Please help me! I didn't play this game.
Read the previous posts...

Quote originally posted by One and Only:
Infernape - lvl 54
Swampert - lvl 53
Electrivire - lvl 53
Zwelius - lvl 52
Snorlax - lvl 49
Aggron - lvl 51
Staraptor - lvl 50
Pupitar - lvl 49
Milotic - lvl 45
Venusuar - lvl 45
Typhlosion - lvl 50

Which 6 should i use?
Well... you must love training =D
If I were to choose I would use Infernape, Swampert, Electivire, Aggron, Tyranitar and Staraptor, but it's up to you

Old May 29th, 2012 (12:09 AM).

What a information Ash ;D
Is it 1.1? When I google, there are newer versions than here, soo.
Old May 29th, 2012 (12:16 AM). Edited May 29th, 2012 by alienhunterx.

Quote originally posted by BlacknYellowHD:
What a information Ash ;D
Is it 1.1? When I google, there are newer versions than here, soo.
Bro you don't need to search for versions of this hack from google...The final english translated version of LP is available on the first page of this thread..Kindly refer to that...

Quote originally posted by davel777:
Ahhhhhhhhh..... I am starting to feel quite tired. People PM me your e-mail address I will help you guys....

Quote originally posted by One and Only:
hey guys i must say this is a great rom only real glitch i have run into was electrivire losing three levels when it evolved anyways i wanted some peoples opinions on what pokemon i should use for my final team of 6 from these pokemon i have, i am up to 7th gym:

Infernape - lvl 54
Swampert - lvl 53
Electrivire - lvl 53
Zwelius - lvl 52
Snorlax - lvl 49
Aggron - lvl 51
Staraptor - lvl 50
Pupitar - lvl 49
Milotic - lvl 45
Venusuar - lvl 45
Typhlosion - lvl 50

Which 6 should i use?
In my opinion:
Infernape, Swampert, Aggron, Venusaur, Electivire and Zwelous..(Though you should evolve it first)
Old May 29th, 2012 (09:16 AM). Edited May 30th, 2012 by loukasGR.

can sm1 help me?I am at the 4th Gym and i cant understand how to beat the labyrinth!I have beaten 3 or 4 trainers(i dont remember) but i cant find the gym leader.I cant see the floor and i cant see any ppl either all i can see is mist and flames....i know there are teleporters but i cant see them so i am just walking randomly but i cant find the gym leader.
Old May 30th, 2012 (07:10 AM).

When I patch the rom with lunarips, it says it patched correctly. However, when I use VBA , there is a white screen error. I did use flash 128k. Any ideas how to fix this? I got my pokemon rom from coolroms...
Old May 30th, 2012 (12:03 PM).

Please Help on pokemon light platinum when i go back to lendyn city or whatever in the lauren league the team steam members are still there from the sky tower and i already beat the sky tower and they say lets go to kosaka city and i cant get back in the sky tower because of the police officer and i have already beat the gym and when i talk to the leader she wont tell me to go to the tower. Do i have to restart my game? Please Help!
Old May 30th, 2012 (03:59 PM).

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
You got a problem of white screen???? Just PM me your mail address i will help you
Actually, I have since managed to make things work! I appreciate the offer though, thanks for supporting the game and the forum, Light Platinum is great!
Old May 30th, 2012 (06:17 PM).
The Arianator

Nature: Sassy
Hey guys, this may have been asked already (I read like 5 pages and then realized how long this thread is)

But...my feebas wont evolve when I use a water stone. It says "It wont have any effect". Does it need to be a certain level first or....what?

Thanks

-LCF
Old May 30th, 2012 (09:17 PM).

what level does kadabra evolve?
Old May 30th, 2012 (10:24 PM).
Kik: spazzyda59

Nature: Lonely
Hey i played the complete vbersion of light platinum in english and it was fantastic.... i never actually expected 2 regions and a world championship.... although i strongly felt that you should have included a day and night feature and a rebattle trainer feature.... otherwise this hack lacks practically nothing lookin forward to black/white in gba format
Old May 30th, 2012 (11:37 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Lt. Col. Fantastic:
Hey guys, this may have been asked already (I read like 5 pages and then realized how long this thread is)

But...my feebas wont evolve when I use a water stone. It says "It wont have any effect". Does it need to be a certain level first or....what?
I believe it's the same as in any game, by maxing Feebas' beauty.

Quote originally posted by sako:
lookin forward to black/white in gba format
You are aware of that there won't be any "BW in GBA" hack, right?
Wes only did the BW style tiles.

Old May 31st, 2012 (01:43 AM).

Quote originally posted by dheeraj:
When I patch the rom with lunarips, it says it patched correctly. However, when I use VBA , there is a white screen error. I did use flash 128k. Any ideas how to fix this? I got my pokemon rom from coolroms...
Ahhhh again? ppl ppl ppl pleaseeeeeeeeeeee stop worrying and do step out of the laziness... I already told you guys JUST PM ME YOUR MAIL ADDRESSES ILL HELP YOU (Braething heavily) Sigh..... Oh boy...:\
Old May 31st, 2012 (03:40 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
Ahhhh again? ppl ppl ppl pleaseeeeeeeeeeee stop worrying and do step out of the laziness... I already told you guys JUST PM ME YOUR MAIL ADDRESSES ILL HELP YOU (Braething heavily) Sigh..... Oh boy...:\
It would be easier if you were to write the tutorial how to fix it...
Unless the help you offer is actually sending the ROM to the fans.

Old May 31st, 2012 (09:23 AM).

My version is the 1.1 portuguese light platinum...I cant get rock smash from the Hiker
Old May 31st, 2012 (11:15 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by wsmc:
My version is the 1.1 portuguese light platinum...I cant get rock smash from the Hiker
In that case, download an English one.

Old May 31st, 2012 (04:22 PM).

If you have it in a folder you have to open that folder and keep it open when playing.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links