The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 30th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonK View Post
Okay, so I've gotten 3 different Ruby roms from 3 different places, and none of them work with the ips provided. All I'm getting is a white screen. Any idea what's going on?
1) Have you watched Wesley's video?
2) Have you read previous posts and downloaded Ruby v1.0?

@uran: Interesting review but it does seem to be highly subjective The things you mentioned as bad are the good points for most players so you can't wonder that LP gets comments with "epic storyline" in their contents

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:08 AM
xXxLugia
Togepi

Nature: Brave
Is there a shaymin event in the final version of pokemon LP or do u catch shaymin in the forest because I saw a guy playing an old version which has shaymin event I mean the flower garden.
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:33 AM
CrimsonK
That one guy.

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

1) Have you watched Wesley's video?
2) Have you read previous posts and downloaded Ruby v1.0?
Okay, that worked. Thanks.

On another note, I know that this has probably been asked before, but I have the latest version of LP, yet I can't find any way to heal my pokemon in Yellow town. This especially becomes a problem as the first trainer's venipede wrecks havoc on my Charmander with its rollout attack...

So... is there any way to heal, or am I going to have to Gameshark a few Super potions in?

Old June 30th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Okay, that worked. Thanks.

On another note, I know that this has probably been asked before, but I have the latest version of LP, yet I can't find any way to heal my pokemon in Yellow town. This especially becomes a problem as the first trainer's venipede wrecks havoc on my Charmander with its rollout attack...

So... is there any way to heal, or am I going to have to Gameshark a few Super potions in?
there is an npc in near your house that gives a max potion
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM
uran10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

@uran: Interesting review but it does seem to be highly subjective The things you mentioned as bad are the good points for most players so you can't wonder that LP gets comments with "epic storyline" in their contents
Care to elaborate? Maybe its because its rated higher than snakewood and LOG and because I played both of those games before this one and expected it to be out there. It started on a strong note, stood there for a bit then fell down to the ground hard IMO. Maybe I set my expectations to high but to be honest I think its either team steam or the happy go lucky attitude of this hack that makes me really angry, and the ton of rivals too...

To me, this hack had potential but it wasn't executed correctly.
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:22 PM
CrimsonK
That one guy.

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
there is an npc in near your house that gives a max potion
Yeah, I know. But that still won't stop that venipede from owning my Charmander with its Defense Curl and Rollout combo. And without being able to train in the grass (having no consistent way to heal) I can't raise my Charmander any higher to beat it. Seriously, why doesn't the first town have a healing script?

And for that matter, why does the first trainer in the game have a pokemon with the Defense Curl/ Rollout combo? That's a serious threat in the early game and it can take out an entire team, especially if that team consists only of a lvl 5 Charmander and a Lvl 3 Poochyena.

I've also seen tile glitches, the animations in the beginning with the legendary pokemon seemed drawn out and delayed, and the professor doesn't give you the pokeballs automatically. You have to talk to her again. If I had just walked out, I never would have got them.

Visual-wise, the game looks very good, one of the best I've ever seen. However, it's got some issues early on that are seriously hindering my gameplay experience. It clearly needs more work...

EDIT: And why the heck do you need Thief in order to pick berries? What was wrong with just picking them? You're telling me that I have to have thief if I want any berries AT ALL?

Last edited by CrimsonK; June 30th, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:15 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
EDIT: And why the heck do you need Thief in order to pick berries? What was wrong with just picking them? You're telling me that I have to have thief if I want any berries AT ALL?
Yeah you must have thief in one pokemon....I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS WAS IMPLEMENTED BUT IT ALSO GIVES YOU USELESS BERRIES SUCH AS DURIN OR SUPER-EXTRA-RARE SALAC BERRY OR WATMEL....LUCKILY THERE IS A BERRY SHOP IN THE SECOND'S REGION MERYDIAN CITY....
Old July 1st, 2012, 06:55 PM
sudem
Beginning Trainer

after i completing the world championship, and won that event, what should i do next?
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:30 PM
ADLFM14
Legendary Spriter

Nature: Bold
Hello Wesley I really enjoyed your hack but i want a little help if any one would help i would be glad i want to edit the pokeballs which appears in the beginning of a trainer battle but i couldn't those one like as you did
Hacks I'm Currently Making

Join My Hacking Team(D.A.T.S)

My deviantART

Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
madpunk
Beginning Trainer

How i can find Gible in this hack ??
Old July 2nd, 2012, 09:08 PM
SenorBlu
Beginning Trainer

Well I defeated the Serenity gym leader, but when I tried to leave, the electricity was still up behind me and I can't find a way out. I don't have another save file previous to being trapped so am I pretty much screwed?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:15 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpunk View Post
How i can find Gible in this hack ??
Gible is in kinda bugged Mt. Draken but you cannot find it there for the behavior of tiles makes encounters with wild Pokémon impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBlu View Post
Well I defeated the Serenity gym leader, but when I tried to leave, the electricity was still up behind me and I can't find a way out. I don't have another save file previous to being trapped so am I pretty much screwed?
Try to use Walk Through Walls cheat and if it doesn't work then you pretty much are :/

Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:29 AM
kenshinl
Unhatched Egg

How to evolve pokemons like alakazam or schyter? Is there a way or?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
crhonox
Beginning Trainer

im stuck in the drakebreath city and the gym leader isn't here D:
Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinl View Post
How to evolve pokemons like alakazam or schyter? Is there a way or?
As far as i know the only way to have scizor ( that i know ) is a trade in inhore city with a bug catcher who asks you to trade a scyther ( that holds metal claw ) for a spinarak...hope this helped
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:11 PM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I am back in pokecommunity after a very busy 1 month due to my exams. Now i started to work on my grand project here. I am pleased to remind you that I have started working on a mega walkthrough of Light Platinum and currently am at Seanport city. This walkthrough will be completed as soon as possible and I will update you guys regularly where I currently reach. So have a nice day from me. Regards Alienhuntex
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:29 PM
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
Hey Wesley FG, do you mind if I edit the game by adding in cries to the added Pokemon. I already did a few. Tomorrow, I may even upload a preview video of it. I just wanted to add more legitimacy to the game.
Old July 6th, 2012, 03:18 PM
slimoleq

Hey... Have got a problem... after finishing Lauren League i fly to DRAGONBREAT CITY to find Lance in Mt. Draken, but he isnt there ... Same with Ash in Yellow Town...
Have finished it twice and its the same
Old July 6th, 2012, 07:13 PM
chirswhitby
Beginning Trainer

how do i get a leafeon in pokemon light platinum
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirswhitby View Post
how do i get a leafeon in pokemon light platinum
It's random encounter if I remember... Leafeon is implemented as alone Pokémon, not evolution of Eevee.

Old July 7th, 2012, 01:12 AM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Sorry guys my bad the walkthrough took a break due to me adding screen shots into it as well as some stuff to include.. Hopefully in a month it will be completed.. It looks like Wesley has finally done the solution about the white screens so I should rest noe giving away the ROM.

Hey Wes? Anything on your New project?

Last edited by alienhunterx; July 7th, 2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 7th, 2012, 04:24 AM
TillWhen
Beginning Trainer

hi, recently started this rom and really enjoying it, though i think i got stucked.

after getting the glide tm from the flying gym i teached it to one of my pokemons, then before reaching the next town removed it for another move, so i cant go on and stuck in the flying gym town.

any suggestion of how to get another glide/get a replacement?
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillWhen View Post
hi, recently started this rom and really enjoying it, though i think i got stucked.

after getting the glide tm from the flying gym i teached it to one of my pokemons, then before reaching the next town removed it for another move, so i cant go on and stuck in the flying gym town.

any suggestion of how to get another glide/get a replacement?
Swellow learns it though i don't remember the level but my swellow learned.it by level at 35-40 i think....
Old July 7th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Neoxyz
Beginning Trainer

I'm stuck in Sky Tower i saved it there, quit the game came back after a hour or so and i tried to go out of Sky Tower and some guy says Sorry you aren't allowed inside.

He stand in front of the Sky Tower i can't go back inside either
Help !

Edit : Fixed it with Walk through walls.

Last edited by Neoxyz; July 7th, 2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old July 7th, 2012, 07:13 AM
hithereworld
Beginning Trainer

can anyone help me with the glitch in mt lauren and the girl with the bellossom im really loving this hack and wanna be able to keep playing
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here