Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 18th, 2012 (12:46 AM). Edited July 18th, 2012 by PokemonGiratinaX.
2015 Edition.

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by Sarcastic Prince:
I agree. That's the translator's problem, right? He should try and make the dialogues more interesting and make the players feel like the hack is worth playing.
Yes, I think of that too. Well, maybe you can translate it, SP?

Quote originally posted by Jasmin88:
Hello, can anyone help me, i don't know where is "Name Rater" the guy who can rename your Pokemon?
The name-rater is in Drakebreath City.
Old July 18th, 2012 (12:58 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Thanks PokemonGirnatinaX.

Old July 18th, 2012 (12:58 AM).
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by PokemonGiratinaX:

Yes, I think of that too. Well, maybe you can translate it, SP?[/COLOR]
There is a faster way of accomplishing this task: Edit the current English version.

Also, I've heard that some people wanted to have Glaceon, Leafeon and some other Sinnoh PKMN in this hack. Is that right?

Oh, and I also heard that the current version does not have decapitalization, nor does it have its Pokédex entries edited. Is that also correct?

Let me ask everyone. In what aspects does this hack needs improving?

In addition, has anyone figured out that some city names are misspelled?
'Dardusk City' --> Darkdusk City

'Drakebreath City' --> Dragonbreath City

The other city names are fine, I guess.
Old July 18th, 2012 (01:00 AM).
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
There is a faster way of accomplishing this task: Edit the current English version.

Also, I've heard that some people wanted to have Glaceon, Leafeon and some other Sinnoh PKMN in this hack. Is that right?

Oh, and I also heard that the current version does not have decapitalization, nor does it have its Pokédex entries edited. Is that also correct?

I have no issues with any editing of the text in a minor way to add more variety... Or the Pokedex entries, as that is welcome.

But I do have issue if you choose to change the Pokemon available or the like. Wesley chose them to be available like this himself. Editing this is just wrong really. I'd say leave it like it is.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves of Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old July 18th, 2012 (01:04 AM).
2015 Edition.

Nature: Modest

In addition, has anyone figured out that some city names are misspelled?
'Dardusk City' --> Darkdusk City

'Drakebreath City' --> Dragonbreath City

The other city names are fine, I guess.
I think :
- Wild Pokemon
- Trainer's Pokemon and Dialogue
- PokeDex Entries
Old July 18th, 2012 (01:07 AM).

It would be great if this hack is a little harder. For example, trainers and Gym leaders Pokemons can have higher levels.

Old July 18th, 2012 (01:11 AM).
Starting anew...

Quote originally posted by Banjora Marxvile:
I have no issues with any editing of the text in a minor way to add more variety... Or the Pokedex entries, as that is welcome.

But I do have issue if you choose to change the Pokemon available or the like. Wesley chose them to be available like this himself. Editing this is just wrong really. I'd say leave it like it is.
Sure. The PKMN available should be left untouched. I totally agree.

Quote originally posted by PokemonGiratinaX:

I think :
- Wild Pokemon
- Trainer's Pokemon and Dialogue
- PokeDex Entries
If some Trainers have their PKMN repeated, then maybe it's better to edit them. However, the wild PKMN data should be left untouched. They are there for a reason, you see.

If the Trainer dialogues are repeated, editing them should give the hack a better taste.
Old July 18th, 2012 (03:07 AM).

Nature: Brave
Hello, can anyone help me, i don't know where is "Name Rater" the guy who can rename your Pokemon?
The name rater is not in Drakebreath city.. he is inside Seanport City inside the house to the right of PokeCenter. I double confirm that coz I am writing a walkthrough of it.
Old July 18th, 2012 (04:16 AM).
Starting anew...

It would be great if this hack is a little harder. For example, trainers and Gym leaders Pokemons can have higher levels.
Like I've said before, Trainer PKMN will be left untouched unless they're repeated.
Old July 18th, 2012 (05:23 AM).
/)^3^(\
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
For a progress update on Light Platinum X, I'll begin working on it next month. Hopefully it will take a little while to complete as in two weeks, I've got to come up with ideas on what levels trainer's Pokemon need to be and wild Pokemon. Also you will be able to get the Mt. Draken Pokemon in Mt. Sheum since it's a fitting place for dragon Pokemon, probably. The difficulty will be like Pokemon Black and White 2's but more challenging. There might be a LPZ version that's easy like Gold and Silver, but I'll wait until after Light Platinum X is complete first.
Old July 18th, 2012 (07:03 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
I haven't been here for a very long time, but I wanted to ask a question:
Is there a bug in the game where there are Trainers with the same repeating PKMN?
It's not a bug but yes, I guess there are trainers with repeated Pokémon.

And by the way, since SBP wants to make LP X, why don't you add your ideas to his hack instead of Snake's version.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 18th, 2012 (01:17 PM).

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
The name rater is not in Drakebreath city.. he is inside Seanport City inside the house to the right of PokeCenter. I double confirm that coz I am writing a walkthrough of it.
Thank you, no wander i couldn't find him in Drakebreath City he was in different town.

Old July 18th, 2012 (02:17 PM).
Change Scorpion
Gold Tier

I'm sorry for this probably spam-post but come on, you already have and english release of this hack and yet most of you want a more updated translate with just more variety in the text and some of you blame snakebyte for just translating? However, maybe SP and SBP like Ash said could just work together and make the Light Platinum X version and make it more challenging, with Wesleys permission of course.
Old July 18th, 2012 (07:43 PM).
Starting anew...

Quote originally posted by Tcoppy:
I'm sorry for this probably spam-post but come on, you already have and english release of this hack and yet most of you want a more updated translate with just more variety in the text and some of you blame snakebyte for just translating? However, maybe SP and SBP like Ash said could just work together and make the Light Platinum X version and make it more challenging, with Wesleys permission of course.
A translator's duty is to ensure that the dialogues are not boring. And also, since SBP is going to do his project next month, I should be able to get the new dialogues done before that.

Although I have my own version, it has a deadly bug - the black screen. However, the current English version doesn't have it.
As I've said before, all I'm going to do is edit the repeated Trainer dialogues and Pokédex entries, and do the decapitalization. That's it. I'm not going to do anything else.

About editing the levels of PKMN and stuff related to that, I'll leave it to SBP. After all, it's his idea of doing so.

So, my idea is that I'll do the edits, and after that, SBP will do his edits based on my edited version.

Quote originally posted by Ash493:

It's not a bug but yes, I guess there are trainers with repeated Pokémon.

And by the way, since SBP wants to make LP X, why don't you add your ideas to his hack instead of Snake's version.
I will base my edits on the current English version because if I add them to SBP's version, I would have to wait for a month to do so.

However, if it's the other way around, then it will be done much quicker.
Old July 18th, 2012 (08:10 PM).
/)^3^(\
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I decided to begin working on the Light Platinum X hack tomorrow, since it shouldn't take to long. As said before I will only edit wild Pokemon, and Trainer's Pokemon. It will have all 411 Pokemon catchable in it so you can catch all Pokemon after completing the game if you want to. I will not be using SP's version also.
Old July 19th, 2012 (12:22 AM).

Hello, I got a problem in skyner gym, where my exit path (at the end of the arrows) is blocked by a trainer. So is there any solution? Im thinking of a wall hack or any hack that ignores whatever that is in your way.
Thanks
Old July 19th, 2012 (02:33 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

A translator's duty is to ensure that the dialogues are not boring.
You are not Game Freak. Translator's duty here is simply translate the game and present CREATOR's hack and way of thinking to people who don't understand his/hers used language.

Old July 19th, 2012 (03:14 AM).

Good to see you back Sonic. I knew previously when Snakebyte released the translated version to which I support him no matter how many people complain that its not translated correctly. But you haven't posted after that so I thought you are busy with life..
Looking forward for the X version..
Old July 19th, 2012 (05:07 AM).
Starting anew...

You are not Game Freak. Translator's duty here is simply translate the game and present CREATOR's hack and way of thinking to people who don't understand his/hers used language.
True, but I do not plan to do anything else other than what I've said. And I will surely keep my promise, unlike what I've did before.
Old July 19th, 2012 (10:24 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

True, but I do not plan to do anything else other than what I've said. And I will surely keep my promise, unlike what I've did before.
But that still is too much for a translator.
If you get permission to be editor or something, then I won't say a thing.

Old July 19th, 2012 (12:43 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
My opinion, for the two cents it might be worth:

Translating into English is just that, translating into English. Not changing something that could sound better. With that said, you can easily obtain permission to redo the storyline and release an X version (hey, I'd try it) and maybe add a couple of extra Pokémon, features, or storyline elements thus warranting the X.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 19th, 2012 (03:23 PM).
Starting anew...

But that still is too much for a translator.
If you get permission to be editor or something, then I won't say a thing.
That may or may not be true. Remember, I used to also do decapitalization in both Beta 1 and 2.
Old July 19th, 2012 (04:39 PM).

after World Championship....is there's something i can do or the game ends ?
Old July 19th, 2012 (06:53 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by MrStar:
after World Championship....is there's something i can do or the game ends ?
If you haven't already, there are legendary's to catch.

Old July 19th, 2012 (09:55 PM).
Starting anew...

I just checked the English version of this hack and noticed that whoever translated it was very unprofessional.

There are numerous grammatical errors in such short gameplay. (From Yellow Town to Route 401)

I was right to have started my LP project. It seems that I have to add an extra task to my project - eliminate all grammar errors.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)