The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 20th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
I just checked the English version of this hack and noticed that whoever translated it was very unprofessional.

There are numerous grammatical errors in such short gameplay. (From Yellow Town to Route 401)

I was right to have started my LP project. It seems that I have to add an extra task to my project - eliminate all grammar errors.
And here we go again...
Do you realize that you are the only one that cares about grammar errors and the only one that has ever mentioned them in this thread?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 20th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

And here we go again...
Do you realize that you are the only one that cares about grammar errors and the only one that has ever mentioned them in this thread?
It's still an issue I have to solve. And I will solve it as part of my policy.
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:59 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Yeah do that for your own sake. Unlike you we don't...
Old July 20th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
I just checked the English version of this hack and noticed that whoever translated it was very unprofessional.

There are numerous grammatical errors in such short gameplay. (From Yellow Town to Route 401)

I was right to have started my LP project. It seems that I have to add an extra task to my project - eliminate all grammar errors.
Do you have permission from Wesley? And you know who translated it and he/she beat you to the release, and your also calling Wesley unprofessional because Snakebyte just translated the hack that's it.

Quote:
It's still an issue I have to solve. And I will solve it as part of my policy.
Yeah but this is still not your hack and there is a difference to have and want. But I will back off if Wesley gives you permission.

Poketch

Old July 20th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
Do you have permission from Wesley? And you know who translated it and he/she beat you to the release, and your also calling Wesley unprofessional because Snakebyte just translated the hack that's it.

Yeah but this is still not your hack and there is a difference to have and want. But I will back off if Wesley gives you permission.
That is incorrect, my friend. The translator is unprofessional, not Wesley. Look, if he is unprofessional, then what am I? I haven't even started my own hack, do I have the right to say that is unprofessional? Absolutely not.

You should try and read what I've written. There are numerous grammatical errors, and it has nothing to do with Wesley, only the translator. I was originally the translator of this hack, so whether or not another translator has beaten me in a translation has nothing to do with my rights.

Besides, if I were to only do something as minimal as decapitalization, eliminating grammatical mistakes and editing Pokédex entries, that wouldn't affect the overall gameplay, right? In addition to that, I have the necessary permission to edit all of those, considering I was the translator of Beta 1, 2 and the current as well, just so another translator beat me to it.

Believe it or not, I'm just trying to make this hack more enjoyable for everyone, and I will make absolutely sure that I do not edit anything more than what I've said.

Evidence that I DO have the necessary permission and rights to edit what I've said:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...24#post6687124

Written in: June 10th, 2011, 03:15 PM, post #3965

Wesley has clearly stated that I can edit anything I can (Which is even more than I'm planning to do) just as long as I do not modify the graphics and story.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; July 20th, 2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old July 20th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
Hey sarcastic prince can't you stop polluting this thread about your OWN stuff and besides since the 99,9% of the community is ok with the current English translation another translation would be pointless .Also remember that EVERYTHING has it's flaws nothing is perfect.And don't be that rude....
Old July 20th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
Hey sarcastic prince can't you stop polluting this thread about your OWN stuff and besides since the 99,9% of the community is ok with the current English translation another translation would be pointless .Also remember that EVERYTHING has it's flaws nothing is perfect.And don't be that rude....
Who said anything about a new translation? You don't get my point. Maybe you should take the time to read my previous posts. Now that I have presented my evidence, it is time that I ask everyone to stop doubting what I should or should not do.

Gam3r, I am not polluting the thread. People are doubting me so I had to present some evidence.

Reply to the bolded part: I'm not so sure about that, considering that the current translated version has a lot of grammatical errors and the Pokédex entries haven't been edited yet.

My main point is: If flaws exist, then you should try your best to eliminate them.

PS: I have finally edited all of the Pokédex entries. It took me a lot of time, but I think it's worth it.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; July 20th, 2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO EDIT MY TRANSLATION.
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Evidence that I DO have the necessary permission and rights to edit what I've said:

Wesley has clearly stated that I can edit anything I can (Which is even more than I'm planning to do) just as long as I do not modify the graphics and story.
That was a year ago, how about some current proof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
THANK GOD YOU CAME BACK!

And SP, last year, me and snakebyte were on msn when I used to go on and he did show me you and his convo about you messing with the english rom, any comment?

Poketch

Old July 20th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Someone gave me a heads up.

I don't think I have your MSN anymore. PM/VM me if you want me to add you again.
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:38 AM
likefame
Beginning Trainer

I had automatic and flash 128k and still got the white screen.
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefame View Post
Did you use a Ruby 1.0 rom?

Poketch

Old July 20th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:

You have bad reading skills.

Quote:
And actually I gave freedom to the translators SARCASTIC PRINCE and ASH493 [to] alter (change) the names of coaches and coordinating the bugs for the version in ENGLISH.
He gives you no permission to mess with anything in the hack other than putting in a name somewhere or to help with managing bugs. Modifications to the Pokédex and changing scripts or held Pokémon are not - let me repeat, NOT - what we call "bugs".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
Thank GOD. Let's end this whole unwanted disturbance, then.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 20th, 2012, 05:25 PM
ramibas299
GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!

Nature: Bold
Soooo... what do you do after the Lauren league? I battled Cynthia randomly (was just flying around the region and she was sitting on a bench in that air-balloon city ).
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:30 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
I should play this again. I didn't realize this received new translation. I really have been away from this section of the site for a while. XD
Old July 21st, 2012, 12:38 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
And here we go again...
Why do we care about translating ROM when it's already translated...
Just because SP is perfectionist doesn't mean we need to spam this thread with useless posts...
Who in the world cares about decap of names, who in the world cares about pokedex entries, who in the world cares about grammar mistakes when they don't block you from continuing...?
Hacks aren't supposed to be Game Freak games, they are supposed to be games we present to players to play.
And no grammar mistakes does not make a great story.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 21st, 2012, 02:13 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

I find it unlikely that I made grammar mistakes. I have a rather firm judo grasp on the English language. If you have specific instances to back that up and aren't just claiming things without any proof to impugn me and my translation, go ahead and list them. It might even motivate me to update a few things, as I remember there being reports of a ton of glitches in Lauren that I didn't personally run into.

EDIT: I saw you comment elsewhere about the nephew/assistant thing for Kenta. You're probably right there, I honestly don't know. I know I was inconsistent and possibly wrong in how Solana and Lunick were related to eachother as well. That was one of the first things to come up, and I got more comfortable with the language as I progressed. I would consider changing Kenta's name to Gold, but not to Ethan, just because Diamond and Pearl are Diamond and Pearl and not Lucas and whateverhernameis (Dawn?). I'm pretty sure Wesley said somewhere that he just forgot the proper name for him and made one up.

I don't want to work with you, but if you are going to call me out repeatedly in public, I would rather something constructive come out of it rather than more pointless forum drama.

Last edited by Snakebyte; July 21st, 2012 at 02:25 AM.
Old July 21st, 2012, 02:18 AM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hey Snakey Good to see you back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by likefame View Post
PM me your email I will help you about that.

Last edited by alienhunterx; July 21st, 2012 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 21st, 2012, 02:50 AM
Dimebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramibas299 View Post
Soooo... what do you do after the Lauren league? I battled Cynthia randomly (was just flying around the region and she was sitting on a bench in that air-balloon city ).
go to yellow town and speak to ash in profs lab.he should give you a world pass ( or somekind of a ticket) then go to central city and board the train to the world championship
Old July 21st, 2012, 04:58 AM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Okay everybody, giradialkia and I think its great how so many of you are passionate about Light Platinum and have a multitude of thoughts about what constitutes a translation, but we're going to have to stop this discussion. The last time the issue of translating was raised in this thread it was extremely disruptive and didn't end well. Things have not gotten off to a good start this time around and it could very easily spiral into something just as vicious. Regardless of how you feel about what happened in the past/ how things are playing out right now we're going to have to ask you to refrain from posting about it here.

Let's get this thread back to normal :D

Last edited by DrFuji; July 21st, 2012 at 05:03 AM.
Old July 21st, 2012, 07:39 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

No worries, mate, I'm not sticking around long enough to cause any issues.

I won't post further here unless I do decide to make an update, in which case it'd be more on-topic than anything short of Wesley coming back.

If anyone has any errors in the game that they would like to see corrected--REAL errors, not wanting it decapitalized, wanting cries added in, wanting different names, anything like that--PM/VM/IM me about it. Gameplay issues (short of the contest thing, I've no clue how to fix the hungriest Scraggy ever) and any actual translation/grammatical/whatever errors I've made in the text are both welcome. If I get enough to justify releasing an update, I'll do just that.

EDIT: Thanks to Banjora, I've worked out how to fix the XP issue. Keep it coming, guys!

Last edited by Snakebyte; July 21st, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM
ramibas299
GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
go to yellow town and speak to ash in profs lab.he should give you a world pass ( or somekind of a ticket) then go to central city and board the train to the world championship
Cool, thanks
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, HERE I COME!
Old July 21st, 2012, 09:41 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

An update is coming.

Thanks to Banjora Marxvile, I have fixed the thing where many Pokemon give far too little or far too much experience. It was a much, much easier solution than I originally thought, back when I was translating this--someone told me what was wrong and either got it slightly wrong or I misunderstood it, so my apologies, I should have done this ages ago.

I also may have fixed the wilds not appearing in Mt. Draken. We'll see.

The update will also contain a couple of script tweaks I made that I noticed right after release. The problem with the Serenity gym guy showing up was a real problem, and it's fixed. Maybe one or two other small things, I honestly don't remember anything else other than that Growlithe is now able to learn Lava Surf. I haven't gone through the move lists, but some of them are the way they are because Wesley ran out of room to make move tables, so made some evolutions go off the same table. If there are any other move list issues, let me know, but I might say it can't be fixed because of that.

I believe I'll be leaving Lauren's scripts/events alone. I just honestly don't remember this stuff well enough to be confident that I can fix things without breaking other things in the process. Sorry about that, I never claimed to be a hacker.

All of what I said is done is done. Pokedex entries... I'll think about it. Cries will not be changed, decapitalization will not occur, names will not be changed unless I get really, really bored and find every instance of 'Kenta' in the game. I may change the 'nephew'/'neighbour' thing, too--It'd help if someone pointed out every instance that it occurred. I don't care enough to go looking, and it'd bug me if I only fixed some of them.

I do not know how to add a healing script to Yellow Town. If anyone wants to volunteer to do that, and can do so without breaking anything else, it will be added in the update. I'll accept adding a bunch of potions to the PC (Is there even a PC?) as a cheap workaround, but I don't know how to do that either.

It's been a year since I've looked at this, and aside from what I've mentioned, I don't know what errors exist. Maybe you guys have found things I didn't catch, maybe I just forgot things I intended to fix... What I'm going to do is hold off on posting the update for at least a week, to give you guys time to let me know what else needs to go in it. I'll be away for a bit, but PM/VM me any real errors, or anything I didn't address here or in the above post, and I'll get back to you. It just might take me a couple of days.

You can thank Banjora (and, indirectly, Sarcastic Prince) for this, since I had pretty much forgotten this place existed.

EDIT: Kenta is now Gold!

EDIT: Added a 10% chance of finding Gible in Mt. Winter if the fix for Mt. Draken didn't work! If Mt. Winter's encounters were broken too... well... someone let me know if they were! They were. Bah!

EDIT: I genuinely have no idea why the wilds in Mt. Winter and Mt. Draken don't work, but for a consolation prize I've placed wild Gible in the first area where you have to use Lava Surf, and Bagon in the last part of that same cave. Dratini and Larvitar are available as gifts, and Trapinch is wild elsewhere, I believe that covers everything in there.

Last edited by Snakebyte; July 21st, 2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Dimebag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramibas299 View Post
Cool, thanks
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, HERE I COME!
Heh....don't think its that easy ! (honestly)=P.....Good luck on it but if you don't bother do some legendary hunting first...
Old July 21st, 2012, 01:32 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
For the X version I might put the Mt. Draken Pokemon in Mt. Shuem, but I'm not sure as of now. Wild Pokemon will be higher leveled and some will be harder to find since this game is supposed to be harder. I've only worked up to Inhore Gym though. I decided to take a break until August, I'll do it badge by badge until Lauren which will take two days. I'll give an update on what gym I'm at. By the way Jessica has a level 23 Vespiquen now and has x4 Super Potions for items. Oh and the Bug Catcher in Route 401 now has a Level 5 Caterpie and no Venipede so you don't have to worry about being Poisoned. Route 401 will be the only easy part ingame since it's the first route. Oh and when the X version is done I'll beta test it to see how hard it is.

Sponsored Links