Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 21st, 2012 (04:12 PM).
GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by gam3r!:
Heh....don't think its that easy ! (honestly)=P.....Good luck on it but if you don't bother do some legendary hunting first...
I just beat it xD Is there anything else left?
By the way, my highest level is 68 (Charizard) :D
I just kept using revives and full restores.
Old July 21st, 2012 (11:30 PM). Edited July 21st, 2012 by Snakebyte.
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Screw it, I'm bored. Here's an update to my English translation of Light Platinum!

This will only work if patched to a Ruby 1.0 ROM.

The patch is too large to upload as an attachment, so I've Sendspaced it again.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5j2elc

If you get a white screen, you are using the wrong rom, or your emulator is not correctly set. Turn VBA off, delete the Light Platinum.sa1 or .sav file, turn VBA back on, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128k, turn VBA off again, then turn it back on and load the rom once more. If that doesn't work, you are not using a Ruby 1.0 Rom. When looking for it, googling '0907 Ruby 1.0 (U)' might help. I found one on 4shared.

I will not answer any questions about how to make this work on a phone, PSP, or anything that isn't Visual Boy Advance!

Updates:
- All Pokemon except Venipede's line now have the correct base experience and catch rates. Venipede giving tons of experience was something fun and memorable to me, so though it's not as much as before, they still give way more experience than they should.
- Kenta has been renamed to Gold, and is correctly referred to as Oak's assistant, not his nephew.
- Pokemon that were unavailable in Mt. Draken due to the wild encounters not working there will now show up in Mt. Shuem (the first area where you use Lava Surf), with Gible in the first area, and Bagon in the final one.
- Rayner (I think that's the correct name? The Serenity gym leader) will now always show up in the Power Plant. One or two text errors were fixed as well, and Growlithe can now learn HM05 Lava Surf. I did this for Tyranee's Let's Play months ago and never posted it.

Bugs:
- Don't enter the Normal Rank Contest. --Will not be fixed.
- You may need to enter and exit the Pokémon Center after Red's Gyarados uses Rain Dance in Esmerald City. --Will not be fixed.
- Some items may respawn. --Will not be fixed.
- Pokedex entries and cries have not been changed. --Pokedex may be fixed if I figure out how, cries will not.
- Yellow Town needs a healing script. --Will be fixed if I figure out how.
- Wild Pokemon do not appear in Mt. Winter or Mt. Draken --Workaround added, probably will not be fixed as I don't know what's wrong.
- Buggy events in Lauren. --Probably will not be fixed, as I'd have to tweak the scripts on just about every event in the region.

Thanks to (in no particular order)...
- Wesley FG, who made this hack and deserves far, far more credit than I do.
- Banjora Marxvile, for poking me and for making me take a look at the XP issue.
- giradialkia, for making awesome music.
- Sarcastic Prince, for the Kenta thing.
- Darthatron, HackMew, Lu-Ho, and anyone else who made tools I used.
- Me!

This does not mean I am not still open to suggestions. I got impatient and didn't leave time for feedback, I just have other things to do for the next little while and don't want to be thinking about this. Please, if there are any errors that I haven't listed, or if you know how to fix the errors that I have listed, let me know! I'll get back to you guys in a week or two, and if there's enough, I'll just update again!

Come to think of it, I could probably just do the pokedex entries with A-Text... Hmmm...

*writes down notes for 1.2*

Oh, and by the way, I haven't tested this at all. I don't think anything I did would break anything else, and I definitely don't care enough to play through the game again to see. Let me know if it did, though!

EDIT: If anyone grabbed this in the first five minutes it was up, please redownload, the link was wrong. Thanks!
Old July 22nd, 2012 (12:40 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Snakebyte:
- Yellow Town needs a healing script. --Will be fixed if I figure out how.
Why don't you just add random NPC with special 0x0 (healing)?
Some old lady with random talk "Your Pokémon seem to be hurt, would you like to heal them?"

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 22nd, 2012 (12:47 AM).
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
I genuinely have no idea how to do that, I've never looked into it. Could you VM/PM me an explanation? Just the scripting part... Ideally, I'd just add a script to the mother.
Old July 22nd, 2012 (01:18 AM).

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by ramibas299:
I just beat it xD Is there anything else left?
By the way, my highest level is 68 (Charizard) :D
I just kept using revives and full restores.
Haha! congrats pal. now you can make a trip around zhery and lauren to battle steve,cynthia and the male hero from b/w (don't remember his name) or catch legendaries otherwise your done with it
Old July 22nd, 2012 (02:14 AM).

Great hack, I had fun playing it, untill the league. Scared by the high levels
Old July 22nd, 2012 (04:53 AM). Edited July 22nd, 2012 by Snakebyte.
About time, I'd say...

A 1.2 update is coming!

It will have:

- Working wild encounters in Mt. Draken and Mt. Winter (but I'll leave the Gible and Bagon in Mt. Shuem, because dragons are nice)
- Healing script in Yellow Town.
- Correct Pokedex entries for Gen 4 and 5 pokemon (maybe, I don't even think the 27 extra Pokemon can have entries).

I should be able to make dex entries for everything but Virizion, Reshiram, the Unova dragons, and the Unova and Sinnoh starters.

EDIT: Emboar no longer evolves into Scolipede! Other evolution problems that may or may have shown up in-game with Sinnoh/Unova starters and Unova dragons have also been fixed!
Old July 22nd, 2012 (06:52 AM).
GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by gam3r!:
Haha! congrats pal. now you can make a trip around zhery and lauren to battle steve,cynthia and the male hero from b/w (don't remember his name) or catch legendaries otherwise your done with it
Seems legit xd
I'll try finishing the pokedex
Old July 22nd, 2012 (11:11 AM).
Beta Tester

So is anyone going to make a updated version of it, to fix the bugs??

Old July 22nd, 2012 (03:49 PM).
About time, I'd say...

Quote originally posted by soulblitz:
So is anyone going to make a updated version of it, to fix the bugs??
...Can you read...?

Old July 22nd, 2012 (06:51 PM).
/)^3^(\
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
When I finish Flora Sky I plan on playing Snakebyte's Light Platinum updated translation to see the changes. Also the X version will be continued in August. It should take 19 days, 16 for each gym leader, two for the Zhery and Lauren Leagues and one for the World Tournament. Then in September I'll beta test it which should take a week. I don't know when it will be released, but I will take my time and try not to rush things.
Old July 22nd, 2012 (07:57 PM).
Crystal Tier

Will anything be done for keeping the people from being able to cross the water in the boat before getting their second badge, since if you don't get that badge your going to be stuck at Mt. Shuem?

Old July 22nd, 2012 (08:43 PM).
About time, I'd say...

The what now? What boat, what water?
Old July 22nd, 2012 (09:03 PM).
Crystal Tier

rt. 407 is the route where u take the boat to cross the lake.

Old July 23rd, 2012 (01:24 AM). Edited July 23rd, 2012 by alienhunterx.

Nature: Brave
Looks like you have really gave your heart and soul to the translation thanx to Sarcasm prince.. By looking at your update, I need to tweak my walkthrough quite a lot. But its OK and good to see the fixed errors. As for my walkthrough its near Zhery's Elite Four.

By the way what will be edited or changed more. I need to know because of my walkthrough.
Old July 24th, 2012 (12:21 AM).

uh hey guys where do you get the old rod in light platinum cuz i thought that feebas evolved through max happiness in this game but then when i looked this up i realized it evolved via the water stone so i missed that chance so can u tell me where the old rod is so i can catch another
Old July 24th, 2012 (12:51 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by K2 XTREME:
rt. 407 is the route where u take the boat to cross the lake.
That one where you have to pay for crossing, right?
Yeah, that should be edited.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 26th, 2012 (12:27 PM).

great work Wesley im already hoping for your next hack u did awesome on this it is just epic
Old July 26th, 2012 (01:07 PM).

Quote originally posted by SonicBlazePlatinum:
When I finish Flora Sky I plan on playing Snakebyte's Light Platinum updated translation to see the changes. Also the X version will be continued in August. It should take 19 days, 16 for each gym leader, two for the Zhery and Lauren Leagues and one for the World Tournament. Then in September I'll beta test it which should take a week. I don't know when it will be released, but I will take my time and try not to rush things.
So LP X will be a harder version of the game? LP's sudden difficulty drop after the 3rd gym was one of the game's worst flaws. Another thing, just to make sure, will LP X also have the updated translation? LP's ordinary English translation was sort of bland and felt like it was rushed.
Old July 27th, 2012 (03:24 AM).
Lazy Actor.....

Does anyone have any idea why I can't get into the Safari Zone at all? I keep trying and yet it just gives me the script as if I'd answered No.
Old July 27th, 2012 (03:28 AM).

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Ach7AC:
So LP X will be a harder version of the game? LP's sudden difficulty drop after the 3rd gym was one of the game's worst flaws. Another thing, just to make sure, will LP X also have the updated translation? LP's ordinary English translation was sort of bland and felt like it was rushed.
Well Snakey has tried hard to fix errors and on translation. I don't think anyne has complains left...
Old July 27th, 2012 (03:51 AM).
Master of The Sky

Going to replay this again and see what's new.
Old July 27th, 2012 (10:20 AM).

I played Light Platinum before, and I am just wondering if Swinub can evolve into Mamoswine. Sorry if this has already been posted, but in my last play of the game, it didn't.
Old July 27th, 2012 (12:58 PM).
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
sry but im confused a little :X , 1.2 is available ?
Old July 27th, 2012 (01:16 PM).
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by lukasz_pro:
sry but im confused a little :X , 1.2 is available ?
The translation (not the actual hack) is waiting for it's version 1.2 release as it fixes a few bugs from the original and has some translation corrections that Snakebyte wanted to include

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills