The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:47 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathula View Post
Thanks Snake.I just wanted to evolve Pichu.And i hope that there is a way

for that.
Pichu will evolve into Pikachu in about level 25-30. Mine did...
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:07 AM
Mathula
Galactic Champion

Nature: Impish
Thank you guys.I really struggled with that.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:47 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Alright, I just added a healing NPC to Yellow Town, where the Shinx on the bench used to be.

The downside is, Wesley was very inconsistent about reusing scripts, so that means some other Shinx may randomly heal you instead of making Shinx noises. I went through and grabbed most of them, but I don't remember where every Shinx everywhere in the game is... So if anyone runs into a magic healing fairy Shinx in 1.2, let me know and I'll fix it. xD

I've just got to sit down and go through the tedium of fixing the Pokedex entries now. Everything else is done.

EDIT: Half-done the Pokedex entries. I'll only be fixing the Unova ones because they're just completely wrong, Wesley's grammar-problem-Sinnoh-ones will stay because editing these the way I have to do it to avoid all the bugs forever is a massive *****.

Last edited by Snakebyte; August 3rd, 2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old August 4th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
You should have left those Shinx there xD
It would be awesome to find such an easter eggs xD

By the way why didn't you add another character instead of using Shinx's script?
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
I've gone through this entire thing without adding a single script or doing a single repoint and due to how many crazy glitches there are I'm trying very hard to keep it that way. It's probably just me being unnecessarily cautious, but given what happened to your and SP's translation attempt, and that the same thing happened to mine several times until I started doing it this way... maybe it isn't. And Shinx was the only nonessential script large enough for me to add healing to without making it bigger than it was before, as the cry stuff was in there.

There's... a pretty good chance there's still a magic Shinx fairy somewhere. I checked all the major cities and some of the routes, but there's probably more Shinx inside some buildings, and 60-70% of the Shinx I found used the script I cannibalized while the others had new ones, so...

God the coding is a mess ._.;

That said, I've got something to do today, but I can probably have the final version up tonight or tomorrow.
Old August 4th, 2012, 05:54 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
Um...When I talked to rayquza it turned to be a shiny enter...!

Is this a glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Pichu will evolve into Pikachu in about level 25-30. Mine did...
Mine is lv 100 it didn't.

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man

Last edited by rpg man; August 4th, 2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:45 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Regarding Pichu evolving into Pikachu, per its article...

Quote:
It evolves into Pikachu when leveled up with high friendship, which evolves into Raichu when exposed to a Thunderstone.
If you have not been friendly to it, such as it constantly fainting in battle or you giving it medicinal herbs and such that it doesn't like, then you will not be able to evolve it.

My advice: catch another and try again. You'll never evolve it now since it can't level up any further.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 5th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

This should be my final update to Light Platinum!

This will only work if patched to a Ruby 1.0 ROM.

The patch is too large to upload as an attachment, so I've Sendspaced it again.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6swelg

Edit: Mediafire mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?5sti7px30yi7al3

If you get a white screen, you are using the wrong rom, or your emulator is not correctly set. Turn VBA off, delete the Light Platinum.sa1 or .sav file, turn VBA back on, go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Flash 128k, turn VBA off again, then turn it back on and load the rom once more. If that doesn't work, you are not using a Ruby 1.0 Rom. When looking for it, googling '0907 Ruby 1.0 (U)' might help. I found one on 4shared.

I will not answer any questions about how to make this work on a phone, PSP, or anything that isn't Visual Boy Advance!

Updates (1.1 & Final):
- All Pokemon except Venipede's line now have the correct base experience and catch rates. Venipede giving tons of experience was something fun and memorable to me, so though it's not as much as before, they still give way more experience than they should.
- Kenta has been renamed to Gold, and is correctly referred to as Oak's assistant, not his nephew.
- Pokemon that were unavailable in Mt. Draken due to the wild encounters not working there will now show up in Mt. Shuem (the first area where you use Lava Surf), with Gible in the first area, and Bagon in the final one.
- Rayner (I think that's the correct name? The Serenity gym leader) will now always show up in the Power Plant. One or two text errors were fixed as well, and Growlithe can now learn HM05 Lava Surf. I did this for Tyranee's Let's Play months ago and never posted it.
- Unova Pokemon now have appropriate Pokedex entries, usually a slightly edited one combined from both Black and White due to space constraints.
- A serious glitch involving Emboar and possibly other Unova or Sinnoh starters has been fixed.
- The wild encounters in Mt. Draken and Mt. Winter now work properly, but I will be leaving Gible and Bagon in Mt. Shuem because I like Gible.
- An NPC on a bench in Yellow Town will now heal your Pokemon.

Bugs:
- Don't enter the Normal Rank Contest.
- You may need to enter and exit the Pokémon Center after Red's Gyarados uses Rain Dance in Esmerald City.
- Some items may respawn.
- Cries have not been changed, and Sinnoh Pokedex entries have not been corrected from Wesley's badly translated versions.
- Some Shinx on the overworld may heal your Pokemon if you talk to them. (Let me know if this happens, and where, and I'll fix it)
- Buggy events in Lauren. (Ash493 may be taking this project on.)

Thanks to (in no particular order)...
- Wesley FG, who made this hack and deserves far, far more credit than I do.
- Banjora Marxvile, for poking me and for making me take a look at the XP issue, and flat-out giving me the fix for the wild encounters.
- Ash493, for letting me know how healing scripts work, even though I am lazy and only did the bare minimum there.
- giradialkia, for making awesome music.
- 0shawott, for the Emboar thing.
- Sarcastic Prince, for the Kenta thing.
- Darthatron, HackMew, Lu-Ho, and anyone else who made tools I used.
- Me!

This should be my last update. I just realized that I forgot to take a look at the boat, too. However, Ash493 has expressed a desire to bugfix more of the game, especially Lauren, and he has my permission to do so. While there may be future updates, it'll probably be him releasing them, not me.

Like last time, I've done very minimal testing, so if anything I did broke anything, let me know and I'll do what I can.

Last edited by Snakebyte; August 7th, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old August 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Okay.......I talked to manaphy and turned to be...phinoe...

Old August 5th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Indigo346
Let's Play Maker

This hack is the best! I am stuck on the third gym though, it is really hard...
Old August 6th, 2012, 12:42 AM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
electabuz evolution bug is fixed now ?
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpg man View Post
Okay.......I talked to manaphy and turned to be...phinoe...
Where exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasz_pro View Post
Which one? :D The level drop due to the different growth rates or the freezing evolution?
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:55 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I thing he is asking abut both of them.
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:40 AM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Where exactly?

Which one? :D The level drop due to the different growth rates or the freezing evolution?
lvl drop and gender change from male to female (LOL :D )
Old August 6th, 2012, 08:58 AM
giratina94
Beginning Trainer

Hey... First of all, awesm hack.... Best ever..... Well done guys.... The thng is, i ve been looking for latias in zhery's waters but with no luck. Can u please suggest some likely places to find it... I wud be grateful....
P.S. - I ve looked north of esmerald city. Its not there...

Last edited by giratina94; August 6th, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old August 6th, 2012, 09:56 AM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

I found it underwater!!

Old August 6th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasz_pro View Post
No. I don't have the tools to edit growth rate.
Old August 7th, 2012, 01:55 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by giratina94 View Post
Hey... First of all, awesm hack.... Best ever..... Well done guys.... The thng is, i ve been looking for latias in zhery's waters but with no luck. Can u please suggest some likely places to find it... I wud be grateful....
P.S. - I ve looked north of esmerald city. Its not there...
Since Latie is a roamer, there's absolutely no way to tell where she appears...
You need to meet her at least once Then you just need to use Pokédex to check her location.

This might be a good addition... showing L@ti's pokepics to register them into dex so it would be easier for you guys to find them.
Old August 7th, 2012, 07:35 AM
giratina94
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

Since Latie is a roamer, there's absolutely no way to tell where she appears...
You need to meet her at least once Then you just need to use Pokédex to check her location.

This might be a good addition... showing L@ti's pokepics to register them into dex so it would be easier for you guys to find them.
Hey.... I found latias in route 408.... Just above the beach.... I had already found latios in marfeny lake.... Nw i ve all legendary's... Gonna train for world championship nw...Thnks for the reply Ash493...
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:31 AM
iamQmai
Beginning Trainer

I've done everything it says in the last update, but i still get the white screen.

My computer isn't the best of computers, but surely it's not that? I've patched 3 different Ruby rom's (the one i should DL) with the latest patch, and all 3 get the same result. I'm also using the correct Emulator settings.
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:43 AM
giratina94
Beginning Trainer

Hey Snakebyte... Actualy i realy want gible so i want the final patch, but i cnt download it from the sendspace link u provided... Whn i click "Click here to start download from Sendspace", it says things lik "Sorry free service is at full capacity"... Cn u please post the patch smwer else? Or please mail it to me ([email protected])...
Thnks....
Old August 7th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hey.... I found latias in route 408.... Just above the beach.... I had already found latios in marfeny lake.... Nw i ve all legendary's... Gonna train for world championship nw...Thnks for the reply Ash493...
Ouch, I forgot about OWs Latie xD xD
Oh yeah, if you want bonus, you can get the roaming Latie :D
Since you have the in-game Latie, you will be able to track the roaming as well :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamQmai View Post
I've done everything it says in the last update, but i still get the white screen.

My computer isn't the best of computers, but surely it's not that? I've patched 3 different Ruby rom's (the one i should DL) with the latest patch, and all 3 get the same result. I'm also using the correct Emulator settings.
Try to use VBA-M. It may help.
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:33 PM
giratina94
Beginning Trainer

Quote:

Ouch, I forgot about OWs Latie xD xD
Oh yeah, if you want bonus, you can get the roaming Latie :D
Since you have the in-game Latie, you will be able to track the roaming as well :D

Gr8...:D Thnks...:D Btw, i wud like to suggest somethng... Though the game is awesm as it is, it wud be even better, if u cud add a move maniac... If not a maniac, atleast a tutor who cn teach frenzy plant/hydro cannon/blast burn to the starters. U see u ve starters fm every generation in the game, tey gotta be able to learn ter unique and most powerful moves...
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Quote:
Hey Snakebyte... Actualy i realy want gible so i want the final patch, but i cnt download it from the sendspace link u provided... Whn i click "Click here to start download from Sendspace", it says things lik "Sorry free service is at full capacity"... Cn u please post the patch smwer else? Or please mail it to me ([email protected])...
Thnks....
My sincere apologies. That never happened when I released the original version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5sti7px30yi7al3

Here's a mediafire mirror, I'll edit it into the release post.
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:24 PM
giratina94
Beginning Trainer

Thanks Snakebyte...:D I just caught gabite... I wud also like to suggest somethng if i may... Though the game is awesm as it is, it wud be even better, if u cud add a move maniac... If not a maniac, atleast a tutor who cn teach frenzy plant/hydro cannon/blast burn to the starters. U see u ve starters fm every generation in the game, tey gotta be able to learn ter unique and most powerful moves...
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links