The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 28th, 2012 (06:35 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCoolJ95 View Post
Hey, this is my favorite Pokemon hack. But, how do you takes the tiles from this game and put it into another one?
Unless he has said otherwise (in such a case saying anyone can use them) in these 289 previous pages, you might want to seek permission to use them before asking how to use them.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 28th, 2012 (07:27 PM).
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Unless he has said otherwise (in such a case saying anyone can use them) in these 289 previous pages, you might want to seek permission to use them before asking how to use them.

Cyclone
But Wesley is never on though...
Old September 28th, 2012 (08:05 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Point taken.

Quote:
Last Activity: July 2nd, 2012 10:41 PM
Still, best to seek permission. I'll send him a PM asking him to slip over here. Hopefully he gets an e-mail alert. Maybe others here have his e-mail and can try that.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 29th, 2012 (12:11 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballofire View Post
What is there to do after both leagues and championship? Is there any battle tower or frontier to keep me playing? If not I'll skip this.
No. Championship is the last thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCoolJ95 View Post
But Wesley is never on though...
Because he has life... and since he hasn't released these tiles for public use, you can presume you cannot use them.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 29th, 2012 (01:40 AM).
Ballofire
Unhatched Egg

So what is there to do? Keep redoing the leagues and championship?
Old September 29th, 2012 (02:21 AM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballofire View Post
So what is there to do? Keep redoing the leagues and championship?
Yeah I am sorry your journey cycles in this only.. But you should be proud of it CHAMION!!!
Old September 29th, 2012 (09:15 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

So here I am training on Route 407 before moving in to challenge the Gym (I just backtracked to help the hatching of the Eevee Egg and got some Ice Pokémon from the Safari Zone's Ice Zone, so my goal is to get them up to snuff to help with the Gym). While going to select to take a picked up item from my Bibarel, I accidentally selected CUT while in the middle of the grass. I got a surprise:

Never seen that before. Kinda cool that if you're weak you can mow a clear path to the Pokémon Center.

(And yes, for anyone asking; the grass returns after you go far enough away.)

Cyclone

Old September 29th, 2012 (10:05 AM).
DDBB3

Quote:
So here I am training on Route 407 before moving in to challenge the Gym (I just backtracked to help the hatching of the Eevee Egg and got some Ice Pokémon from the Safari Zone's Ice Zone, so my goal is to get them up to snuff to help with the Gym). While going to select to take a picked up item from my Bibarel, I accidentally selected CUT while in the middle of the grass. I got a surprise:

Never seen that before. Kinda cool that if you're weak you can mow a clear path to the Pokémon Center.

(And yes, for anyone asking; the grass returns after you go far enough away.)

Cyclone
Its in every official pokemon GBA game. Surprising u never saw it before
Old September 29th, 2012 (10:23 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDBB3 View Post
Its in every official pokemon GBA game. Surprising u never saw it before
Seriously? Keep in mind I've only played one or two of those on ROMs, and I never tried that because I didn't know about it. Besides, it seems easier to keep walking through using save states.

Might have to try it in Emerald since I have that, and Fire Red when I play it.

Cyclone

Old September 29th, 2012 (01:26 PM).
pesur
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Seriously? Keep in mind I've only played one or two of those on ROMs, and I never tried that because I didn't know about it. Besides, it seems easier to keep walking through using save states.

Might have to try it in Emerald since I have that, and Fire Red when I play it.

Cyclone
CUT the grass was possible even in GSC.
Old September 30th, 2012 (12:08 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Of course... Cut simply cuts even normal grass... I'm also surprised that you did not know it.

Old September 30th, 2012 (05:54 AM). Edited September 30th, 2012 by Cyclone.
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Of course... Cut simply cuts even normal grass... I'm also surprised that you did not know it.
Nope, I had no clue and never even tried it. Now I know, so I know when playing Emerald to give it a try if I'm in a pinch. Might have to keep that Pokémon in my party when I'm not busy leveling.

Of course, "Teleport" is more direct.

EDIT: All right, I still haven't evolved my Espeon. I realize Umbreon likely isn't available, but is Espeon also unavailable? Saw a post about a standalone Leafeon...

If it turns out I can't evolve Espeon, I'll hold off evolving my Eevee until I have an idea what I want it to become.

Cyclone

Old October 1st, 2012 (01:30 AM).
alienhunterx

Cutting the grass was avaialable even in Gen 2 games
Old October 1st, 2012 (05:06 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Yes, I've moved on to Eeveelutions.

Seems to be a problem with one of the tress on Route 407 (see circle). There are also two more trees south of the lake that you can climb on top of.

I'm now at Bramboch (obviously, that's taken south of the entrance). I previewed the Red battle and he seems to have his original team. At least he doesn't modify his team, though I wonder why the non-English version called him an Aroma Lady (though "PKM" is not a correct abbreviation of "Pokémon" either).

Cyclone

Old October 2nd, 2012 (05:28 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

@Cyclone: Probably because Red replaced some original Aroma Girl.
As for the tile error... some tile errors of them are unfixable for some reason...

Old October 2nd, 2012 (08:14 AM).
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty
I just beat Lucas, the 3rd badge leader and I have no idea what to do next. All I have is HM01. I read somewhere that along the path to seanport, the hiker has an HM or something. I didn't get that or find it. Can someone please tell me what to do next or where to go?

Old October 2nd, 2012 (08:35 AM). Edited October 2nd, 2012 by Cyclone.
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
@Cyclone: Probably because Red replaced some original Aroma Girl.
As for the tile error... some tile errors of them are unfixable for some reason...
Really? I fixed that tree in two seconds.

The trees you wind up standing on top of could probably be fixed the same way; by copying a tile that works from elsewhere on the same map or another map and putting them over the problem tiles. Since I don't know what every single tile in the palette is (the tree ones for example have various forms depending on what they are in front of), copying from elsewhere on the map is the easiest way for the uneducated observer to fix a simple bug like this.

I also fixed a bunch of the movement permission errors I located including the grass patch at Marfeny Lake and the four square set at Inhore City (which I am guessing was formerly a tree until it was decided to remove it, but the flags not fixed), among others. I'd post the screenshots, but I don't think it will be necessary. I did also fix one set of flags in the Esmereld City Gym that was wrong. There was even a tree set for the player to be able to walk into at Central City while the walkable tile to the right was not walkable.

EDIT: Skyy, just saw your earlier comment before this post. I'm done two, and en route to the third. If I can find the character you speak of along the way (trust me, I talk to EVERYONE and take pictures of EVERYTHING), I'll pass on info. Once I'm done the Red battle I'll be walking along 408 to Seanport.

Cyclone

Old October 3rd, 2012 (01:16 AM).
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
I just beat Lucas, the 3rd badge leader and I have no idea what to do next. All I have is HM01. I read somewhere that along the path to seanport, the hiker has an HM or something. I didn't get that or find it. Can someone please tell me what to do next or where to go?
Go to the other connecting route which starts below the Poke center in Seanport go right in the route and you will find the Hiker who gives HM Rock Smash..
Old October 3rd, 2012 (01:25 AM).
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Go to the other connecting route which starts below the Poke center in Seanport go right in the route and you will find the Hiker who gives HM Rock Smash..
Thank you so much! I don't know how I didn't see that route.. I been over to that area before.

Would someone be willing to tell me what all HM's I'm suppose to have up to this point? which is right after the 3rd badge leader. I only have rock smash and cut.

Old October 3rd, 2012 (02:39 AM).
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
That's HILARIOUS. I had no idea you could cut grass.
Old October 3rd, 2012 (06:20 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Thank you so much! I don't know how I didn't see that route.. I been over to that area before.

Would someone be willing to tell me what all HM's I'm suppose to have up to this point? which is right after the 3rd badge leader. I only have rock smash and cut.
I have finished the Red battle in Bramboch and am about to trek onto 408. I had watched a video before your prior post, but didn't recall seeing an HM; glad to know I didn't just miss something there! (There are three TMs or so in there, however...this one will take time to document; video ended at the island area, which I see we'll be revisiting with Surf later.)

As for HMs, in addition to Rock Smash, I so far only have Cut. TMs I have meanwhile are 01 (Focus Punch), 06 (Toxic), 09 (Bullet Seed), 17 (Headbutt), 19 (Giga Drain), 35 (Flamethrower), 43 (Secret Power), and 46 (Thief) before stepping onto 408 for my first trek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
That's HILARIOUS. I had no idea you could cut grass.
See? I'm not alone.

Cyclone

Old October 4th, 2012 (01:21 AM).
alienhunterx

Quote:

I am afraid you have to wait a little longer for other HMs . After the 2rd badge only two HM's are present (Cut, Rock Smash). But you are closed to the third one.
Old October 4th, 2012 (01:46 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Dudes, you are not into Easter Eggs, I see :D :D
@Skyy: I can say that. :D You will need to have HMs that are ABSOLutely necessary to continue :D

Old October 4th, 2012 (08:53 AM). Edited October 4th, 2012 by Cyclone.
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
I am afraid you have to wait a little longer for other HMs . After the 2rd badge only two HM's are present (Cut, Rock Smash). But you are closed to the third one.
I'm still trying to figure out where the darn HM03 for Surf is. According to WikiAnswers (yes, this became a question), it's located "just past where you captured Heatran in the Iron Mine, in Steelril City" and we need to "use RopeClimb on the wall". Where on Earth is this city? Is this that little island area that the minimap doesn't give a name to? I figure access to Alpha and Orange Islands will give use to the airplane I discovered recently, but this unnamed patch still defies explanation. I have noticed in scripts that there are eventual presumable legendary encounters in 407, 408, and 409 in the water, and I hate the thought I can't now backtrack without Surf on 407 since I could very well need something from the Safari Zone.

EDIT: All right, I have since learned it's found in Mt. Zhery from Steven himself, supposedly from Jasmine. These absent-minded professors forgetting to give you stuff all the time...but I found this through video research in episode 20, and I'm only at a point depicted in Episode 9. So I have to get through the fourth Gym to access it, and I may find HM05 (Lavasurf) first on the other half of Lake Marfeny. Now I see a partial reason the Pokémon levels are not increased much starting from Route 407 (408 is identical, 409 is even identical, and National Park has some LOWER levels). So at least every single one of my Pokémon can train somewhere on this side of the water! If I really get desperate for something from a place like the Safari Zone, I'll mockup a path back to Esmereld City.

Cyclone

Old October 4th, 2012 (11:41 AM).
zpittman999
Unhatched Egg

I just started playing Light Platinum and I have to say that it is amazing. I was wondering what game movesets do the Pokemon follow, and does anyone know where to find a guide for the moveset for Pokemon from this game that are from Gen IV and V?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links