The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 29th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
You can just go into AdvanceMap and remove the guy to the left or right, update into the VBA location, then you can come and go freely. Probably an errant movement permission.

Also, make sure you have Snakebyte's latest version, it contains some fixes over the one in the topic post. I haven't seen any errant scripted blockers yet, and that factors in the one I saw in a video that I didn't see while playing.

Cyclone
Would you mind telling me which is the newest update of his? I'm not sure If it was this game that I was unsure which was the newest version or if it was a different Pokemon hack. Hopefully I wont have to use A-Map because i know nothing about that.

Old October 29th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I will send you mail since I have e-mailed you before.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 29th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
My latest version should be in the first topic now, and that sounds like a flag error rather than a movement problem. Sorry, I guess I didn't test Lauren enough. Redo it and see if it recurs?

Regardless, there are links to my three versions in my sig, it should be self-explanatory. I keep them all up in case I had to revert back to an older one in the event of catastrophic errors, but 'Final' should be final.

The 'Final' version fixed a glitch with Unova starters and another with Mt. Draken, but may have caused other glitches when I fixed all the Unova dex entries. If anyone encounters a trainer that black screens or takes ages to load in the final version, that issue probably won't be present in previous versions. I really don't have the patience to play through the game over and over again to test it, and I don't think anyone's reported it as a problem, but IF that happens to anyone, just go one version earlier and you should be okay!

Last edited by Snakebyte; October 29th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old October 29th, 2012, 11:38 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Try to play hacks on VBA or VBA-M only . The reason you complaining people get white screens is no fault of ips file but fault with the Ruby ROM you download. getting any white screens?? Either refer Wesley's video on first page or PM me
Old October 30th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty
I tried it over and this time, Team Steam actually disappeared and Lucy was also gone, but the guard was still standing in the way and I could not get back in. So I'll try and patch a new rom to the final version and see if that helps. If not, I'll just use A-Map.

I never had a white screen. Idk why you'd be telling me that. Unless you were speaking to someone else or just in general. If so, never mind then ( :

EDIT: I was already playing the final version but I decided to patch it again to another rom and it fixed my problem. Yay. Now I can continue.

Last edited by Skyy; October 30th, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old October 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
the_shadow_maker
Intermediate game maker

Nature: Bold
So, I searched it up, but I found no solution to my problem.

I am attempting to raise a lucario with a decent moveset... Does anyone know where I can find the TM for Brickbreak?
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:06 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_shadow_maker View Post
So, I searched it up, but I found no solution to my problem.

I am attempting to raise a lucario with a decent moveset... Does anyone know where I can find the TM for Brickbreak?
You have to wait for TM Brick Break till Lauren region. As for Lucario i think it already packs decent moves by leveling up
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:25 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
My latest version should be in the first topic now, and that sounds like a flag error rather than a movement problem. Sorry, I guess I didn't test Lauren enough. Redo it and see if it recurs?
Gotta agree...
If I may say something... these bugs sometimes happen when you mess up something in ROM... the first thing to try is to repatch the game and replace the old version with the new one, that reset all things back to their original state and no messes should leave.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:55 PM
jstolze

I'm not too sure why there are Sunflora's in the Drakebreath City's water, but the fact I ran into one that was LEVEL 0 is kind of freaky... It had a full HP bar and everything O.o. Also, don't pokemon on Lv 0 have zero HP as well? I should have caught it, or at least taken a screen shot of it.
Old October 31st, 2012, 08:10 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolze View Post
I'm not too sure why there are Sunflora's in the Drakebreath City's water, but the fact I ran into one that was LEVEL 0 is kind of freaky... It had a full HP bar and everything O.o. Also, don't pokemon on Lv 0 have zero HP as well? I should have caught it, or at least taken a screen shot of it.
I don't know how you did that as I have yet to even SEE a Sunflora (and FTR, I have trained in 417 and hacked a path backwards through Drakebreath City while mapping Zhery). What is in the Pokémon data for that city while surfing is as follows, unedited:

Fishing includes Gyarados as a possibility with the Super Rod. That's it.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 31st, 2012, 11:03 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Are you playing the latest version or the older one.
Old November 1st, 2012, 01:24 AM
DVK
Hack based-God

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DVK
Quote:
That glitch sometimes happens to me when I'm testing map connections on my rom hack and I run into the grass with no pokemon with no pokemon on the route. It's either level 0 or level 99.

Old November 1st, 2012, 02:38 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Yeah, it happens. They don't have 0 HP, that would break the game completely =D Only 0 HPs you can encounter are 000s (MissingNOs), other pokémon have some base HP that is 0 in reality (because any attack kills them instantly).
I also once met a 0 level Pokémon after messing with some offsets =D
Nothing unusual I must say =D

@Cyclone: You must understand that not everything is like what the tools are showing us That's what beatiful on ROM hacking

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old November 1st, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVK View Post
That glitch sometimes happens to me when I'm testing map connections on my rom hack and I run into the grass with no pokemon with no pokemon on the route. It's either level 0 or level 99.
So if I surf in Yellow Town in this hack, I very well might find a Lv.0 Missingno.? :o There are no wild Pokémon listed, which is another thing I hope to correct once I have a full Pokémon list of my own made up for the hack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
@Cyclone: You must understand that not everything is like what the tools are showing us That's what beatiful on ROM hacking
I know. I'm just showing the data to prove that the Lv.0 Sunflora is not intended nor should happen.

Cyclone

Old November 1st, 2012, 02:30 PM
DVK
Hack based-God

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DVK
Quote:
So if I surf in Yellow Town in this hack, I very well might find a Lv.0 Missingno.? :o There are no wild Pokémon listed, which is another thing I hope to correct once I have a full Pokémon list of my own made up for the hack.

I know. I'm just showing the data to prove that the Lv.0 Sunflora is not intended nor should happen.

Cyclone
It could idk it's only happened to me in tall grass though.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 06:48 AM
svk_rob
Unhatched Egg

how i can view happines of pokemon i want to evolve pichu
Old November 2nd, 2012, 06:53 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by svk_rob View Post
how i can view happines of pokemon i want to evolve pichu
The simple answer: you can't. Unless there's someone who serves the role of the Pokémon Fan Club character from Black (see Icirrus City) who gives you standard messages for certain levels, there's no stat you can physically check for it.

Just keep walking around with it and hand it the Exp. Share without battling it (so you don't risk the chance of fainting it and losing time). It took me a while to evolve the Eevee from the Egg, too. It'll come! Probably by the 30s.

Cyclone

Old November 2nd, 2012, 07:52 AM
svk_rob
Unhatched Egg

thank you its hard but pikachu wort it :D
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by svk_rob View Post
thank you its hard but pikachu wort it :D
Pikachu itself CAN be caught in the wild. I wasn't lucky to get the Pichu event (ran out of balls), and it's not available in the wild. I'm probably going to hack it into Route 2 (where it's caught in the event) and False Swipe the thing for an easy capture on my own game, but otherwise, you better hold on to at least one Pokéball until that event. I spent all of them hastily building a team after seeing all the Trainers on Route 401 - didn't even get the Feebas!

At least Feebas are in the wild!

Alternatively, the Daycare on Route 417 will allow me to breed Pichu. Might get Pikachu first after all!

Cyclone

Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:29 PM
platinumwand
Unhatched Egg

This hack is pretty good. Gotten 6 badges already and not once I've gotten lost. Really easy to navigate despite no map, besides from the pokecenter.

By the way, does Snorlax learn curse at a certain level? I'm thinking of raising a curse Snorlax.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 06:41 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumwand View Post
This hack is pretty good. Gotten 6 badges already and not once I've gotten lost. Really easy to navigate despite no map, besides from the pokecenter.

By the way, does Snorlax learn curse at a certain level? I'm thinking of raising a curse Snorlax.
In Generation III, it only knows Curse if bred from a Slowpoke/bro/king. I do not recall whether that chain is in this game or whether I've even seen it yet. I do know there is a possibility that the Gen. IV and V additions (Fakémon technically, but obviously trying to match the originals where possible) are in fact able to breed with Curse onto Snorlax, and refer to those later gen. lists for possible combinations to try; I offer no guarantees that any connection is picked up, however.

Cyclone

Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:55 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Pikachu itself CAN be caught in the wild. I wasn't lucky to get the Pichu event (ran out of balls), and it's not available in the wild. I'm probably going to hack it into Route 2 (where it's caught in the event) and False Swipe the thing for an easy capture on my own game, but otherwise, you better hold on to at least one Pokéball until that event. I spent all of them hastily building a team after seeing all the Trainers on Route 401 - didn't even get the Feebas!

Alternatively, the Daycare on Route 417 will allow me to breed Pichu. Might get Pikachu first after all!

Cyclone
Unless you used only those Ultra Balls. You can capture Pichu at route 2 with an ordinary PokeBall
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:39 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Unless you used only those Ultra Balls. You can capture Pichu at route 2 with an ordinary PokeBall
Unless you have Bidoof doing a LOT of picking up early, you won't have a bunch of Ultra Balls as the Central Shop sells not a single Pokéball of any brand.

Cyclone

Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
svk_rob
Unhatched Egg

Quote:

Cyclone
i now it i fount pikachu on another rout at level 14 so i caught it and throw pichu in to the pc its musch much easier
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Donald_Blake
Unhatched Egg

I'm stuck in Dragonbreath city.

I defeated team steam in their base already, then i headed to this city, and i don't now what to do. Also, Red isn't in the market.

Can someone give me a little help here?

ps:sorry for the english, like the creator of this room, i'm brazilian
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here