The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:35 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by charizard116 View Post
hey guys im new to this forum so hey all

currently playing pokemon light platinum and im stuck in on Route 504 just after Skyner City where u have to use glide to fly around, i go up the edge and it just tells me "you can fly here on your pokemon" and then just pushes me back. I have a pokemon that knows Glide which the gym leader gave me but it doesnt seem to work. Is this a glitch in the game or am i doing something wrong?
please help!
Go to the edge of the Route and open the Bag menu and there you will see Pilot License option. Use it and then you can Glide on the route on your Poke. But you have to defeat Skyner's Gym first where the gym leader gives you it
Old May 17th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Ninjaguineapig
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaguineapig View Post
I've run into a bug. Can anyone help me? I entered the team steam secret base, moved through part of it and then left to heal and refill items. I saved and exited before returning to the building, and when I returned the team steam members were blocking the entrance again and the agent was at the route to the north as if the event had never happened. How can I reactivate the event and get back into the team steam base?
Please? I really don't want to restart the whole game!
Old May 17th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Ambushwhack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaguineapig View Post
Please? I really don't want to restart the whole game!
Aw, damn. I just ran into a similar glitch. I'm in Enemery Town, and I just used the Super Repel to get rid of all the Aron in the town. ...Except the Aron are still there. But Prof. Ellie is gone, so I can't enter the volcano and repeat the experience. While backtracking, I found that I reactivated the fossil gym. Do I just need to repeat all the Lauren League gyms? Or do I have to restart?
Old May 17th, 2013, 10:29 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambushwhack View Post
Aw, damn. I just ran into a similar glitch. I'm in Enemery Town, and I just used the Super Repel to get rid of all the Aron in the town. ...Except the Aron are still there. But Prof. Ellie is gone, so I can't enter the volcano and repeat the experience. While backtracking, I found that I reactivated the fossil gym. Do I just need to repeat all the Lauren League gyms? Or do I have to restart?
I am not so sure whether you would have to restart all the gyms. It is just that for some reason the The fossil gym was reactivated
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Pnin
Unhatched Egg

Is there any possibility to get the map of the regions in the game? I´ve just defeated the dragon gym leader, but still don´t have the map and it confuses me. :D
Old May 18th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Regarding event regeneration, it happened to me with Dardusk Woods. Solana is permanently there in the woods. Best way to handle this is for scripts later in the story to all automatically retrigger all past events to whatever status they should currently be at, thus "deactivating" those events again and preventing blockades. I have no clue why Team Steam suddenly reappeared at their HQ; operation complete? It's odd the characters all came out, and only the script trigger is not going away. It suggests to me that the characters are set as a temporary flag as in Gyms that you reenter, and not as permanently removed; the only way to "remove" them is to then beat the event, but you can't beat the event now. Redownload the latest version, patch a clean Ruby, and see if you still have the problem. Worst case scenario, use an editor like AdvanceMap to push the idiot out of your way. :D

(BTW, I'm currently at Route 416. I'll give this a test.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnin View Post
Is there any possibility to get the map of the regions in the game? I´ve just defeated the dragon gym leader, but still don´t have the map and it confuses me. :D
The map isn't even linear; it doesn't line up to form a single complete map. I have Route and Town maps for the entire Zhery region (only Victory Road and Mt. Draken are not completed yet), so I can give you those.

To clarify my "not linear" comment, note the amount of horizontal space from the western edge of Route 403 to Enermy Town. Now note the length from the Bramboch (whatever that is before Esmerelda City) to Route 409. Yeah, it's probably double the length, and somehow you double back through a small shift in Dardusk Woods. 403 does have a northern segment exiting the Inhore Woods, so this CAN be attempted into a map, but it wouldn't line up perfectly.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by Cyclone; May 18th, 2013 at 06:33 AM.
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:36 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
So who's responsible for the amazing underwater tileset? Wesley or someone else? I'd like permission to use them if that's acceptable.

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by U_Flame View Post
So who's responsible for the amazing underwater tileset? Wesley or someone else? I'd like permission to use them if that's acceptable.
Five pages ago, Wesley showed up out of the blue to find his hack promoted to Hack of the Year and consequently granted permission for anyone who wants to use the tiles. Read his post for more details on that.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old May 19th, 2013, 11:31 AM
MimeOner
Unhatched Egg

can anyone upload a full English rom download? i try to patch it but its still in spanish or french whatever it is .-.
Old May 19th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Did you download the one in this thread? Are you using an English ROM?

Cyclone

Old May 19th, 2013, 04:08 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Five pages ago, Wesley showed up out of the blue to find his hack promoted to Hack of the Year and consequently granted permission for anyone who wants to use the tiles. Read his post for more details on that.

Cyclone
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Nice to know that was recent.

On another note, a friend of mine appearently found SP's version of Light Platinun. Don't know how recent it is, all he did was google Light Platinum so he doesn't remember which site. it was from. I'll upload it when he sends it to me but for now, this problem needs looking into.

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.

Last edited by U.Flame; May 19th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:21 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
The only map you can find in Light Platinum is that which is present inside every PokeCenter in the regions
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Nice to know that was recent.

On another note, a friend of mine appearently found SP's version of Light Platinun. Don't know how recent it is, all he did was google Light Platinum so he doesn't remember which site. it was from. I'll upload it when he sends it to me but for now, this problem needs looking into.
SP's version of LP is crap.
It was decided to scrap that when SP tried to make it huge harem crap.
Don't even bother with that version

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 20th, 2013, 05:16 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
SP's version of LP is crap.
It was decided to scrap that when SP tried to make it huge harem crap.
Don't even bother with that version ;)
That's why I said it was a problem. If SP is still working on it after being kicked out, then that needs to be dealt with. Like I said though, I don't know how recent the version was, whether it was before or after SP was kicked off.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

The only one that has attained Hack of the Year status is the one directly available from this thread, on this forum. He can suck on that.

Cyclone

Old May 20th, 2013, 03:24 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

The problem isn't whether it's bad or not, (though we can all agree it's bad) but that it isn't his hack to work with. If SP is still making it, he's stealing Wesley's work.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old May 20th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
The problem isn't whether it's bad or not, (though we can all agree it's bad) but that it isn't his hack to work with. If SP is still making it, he's stealing Wesley's work.
Technically, yes, he is. However, his is not getting any recognition, and anyone with any knowledge in the hacking world will know that the hack belongs to Wesley, and not give this other guy any recognition for it.

I would say that any site hosting the alternate version needs to disassociate themselves from that version. That would assure he gets no audience.

Can you link me to where this alternate is hosted?

Cyclone

Old May 21st, 2013, 01:48 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
In a sense no more as Wes allowed use of LP's tiles.

Old May 21st, 2013, 05:44 AM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Can you link me to where this alternate is hosted?

Cyclone
Problem is, my friend doesn't even remember. Appearently it was a generic download site. Someone must've just uploaded it. Though I can't be sure. He said all he did was Google it, so that's what we'll have to do to find it I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
In a sense no more as Wes allowed use of LP's tiles.
Not the story, scripts, name and the entire hack itself as a base. This isn't a crappy hack with Light Platinum as a base, SP claims that is IS Light Platinum.

Quote:
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
SP claims that is IS Light Platinum.
Yeah, he's obsessed with being the releaser (???) of Light Platinum one way or another...
Let him be. True fans know who's behind LP. (Not to mention it's in title screen and I'm pretty positive SP cannot edit that).

Old May 25th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Pnin
Unhatched Egg

Hello guys, got problem. I cant use fly to fly to the Kosaka city or Meridyan city. Has anybody idea?
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Hello guys, got problem. I cant use fly to fly to the Kosaka city or Meridyan city. Has anybody idea?
You cannot Fly to every city due to hard-coded game limitations.

Cyclone

Old May 25th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Pokenoob666
Frustrated Feraligator

(Note: a lot of this is copied from my yahoo answer question. sorry)
I know I'm risking sounding like a total noob, but after everything i went through (don't ask) i need to ask for help. i download an ips for light platinum that said it was the final one, but i don't think it is. hears why: it's mostly english, but there's still a lot of spanish (ex: opening where professor introduces herself, pokemon center, pokemon contest, and when i pick up items) the things is they're not entirely spanish, so obviously some editing was done. also, some stunkys i battled at the lake where oak is used harden.
plus a lot of pokemon had the wrong cries (but the latter 2 is probably because their 4th/5th gen) there's a lot of sentences being used by more than one character. spanish words also from pokemart guy. i'm ok with restarting my game, but if there's a way i don't have to that's good. please provide link(s) and instructions(i'm not too techy) normally i wouldn't risk sounding like a total noob, but in this case i will.
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokenoob666 View Post
(Note: a lot of this is copied from my yahoo answer question. sorry)
I know I'm risking sounding like a total noob, but after everything i went through (don't ask) i need to ask for help. i download an ips for light platinum that said it was the final one, but i don't think it is. hears why: it's mostly english, but there's still a lot of spanish (ex: opening where professor introduces herself, pokemon center, pokemon contest, and when i pick up items) the things is they're not entirely spanish, so obviously some editing was done. also, some stunkys i battled at the lake where oak is used harden.
plus a lot of pokemon had the wrong cries (but the latter 2 is probably because their 4th/5th gen) there's a lot of sentences being used by more than one character. spanish words also from pokemart guy. i'm ok with restarting my game, but if there's a way i don't have to that's good. please provide link(s) and instructions(i'm not too techy) normally i wouldn't risk sounding like a total noob, but in this case i will.
See the topic post of this thread. The current version (final? Hell no, I've just been slow getting my fixes done that I find necessary for polish and such) is linked to the topic post, and I think Ash also links to it in his sig. I know Snakebyte does in his.

For obvious reasons, I would suggest restart, but I have heard of other players with wrong versions picking up their games with no issues, so you may have no problems.

Cyclone

Old May 25th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Pokenoob666
Frustrated Feraligator

k thanks. (i'm much more thankful, but i didn't want to flood my message) so, why did you remove nurse joy in yellow town?

or perhaps i patched the wrong version. i don't remember. this is not good for my super-add brain. <:-| i don't even want to think about what happens when the game is updated. (sorry for complaining)

or perhaps i patched the wrong version. i don't remember. this is not good for my super-add brain. <:-| i don't even want to think about what happens when the game is updated. (sorry for complaining)

Last edited by DrFuji; May 25th, 2013 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here