The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 8th, 2013, 07:34 PM
radrod11
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Please help! I got Pokemon Light Platinum two days ago, and it worked just fine. I saved and closed it on the first night, and the next day it was working. But when I did that again last night, I lost all my save files!

P.S. I'm new to this forum... I signed up a long time ago, but I never did anything
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by radrod11 View Post
Please help! I got Pokemon Light Platinum two days ago, and it worked just fine. I saved and closed it on the first night, and the next day it was working. But when I did that again last night, I lost all my save files!

P.S. I'm new to this forum... I signed up a long time ago, but I never did anything
It sounds like you deleted your .sav file in the folder. Were you tinkering in your emulator's folder? Check the Recycle Bin for TITLE.sav (where TITLE is the name of the GBA file, for instance, Pokémon Light Platinum.sav). Move it back to the emulator folder, and all should be well.

Otherwise, you have to start a new game. Or there's some bug I don't know about.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old June 9th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Dark Shadow 6
Kιηg Oƒ Hєαятѕ

Nature: Lonely
I Complete This Game Just 1Week Ago
this Games Is Best
Old June 9th, 2013, 11:36 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:

There is still a chance that you can play from where you left off. You know there are two save methods if you play the hack on VBA. One is the in game save i-e you get a .sav file after saving through it. Other is the save option VBA offers i-e the .sgm file. Let us hope you have at least one of them.... If you have then which one you could still see in the hack's folder?
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Otherwise, you have to start a new game. Or there's some bug I don't know about.
Well... it's kinda known bug...
For some reason, it does happen sometimes... No one knows why this happens...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old June 11th, 2013, 02:03 AM
mrtienduc1999

Well, good mod! But it has some error.
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:55 AM
radrod11
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
It sounds like you deleted your .sav file in the folder. Were you tinkering in your emulator's folder? Check the Recycle Bin for TITLE.sav (where TITLE is the name of the GBA file, for instance, Pokémon Light Platinum.sav). Move it back to the emulator folder, and all should be well.

Cyclone
I didn't do anything to the game files

Sorry, I don't know how to quote multiple responses in one reply.

(alienhunterx) I have both of them in my folder.

I guess Ash is right, it must be a bug. I just started over and I've already beat the Zhery League, so it doesn't really matter to me anymore

Thanks and sorry if I broke any rules while posting this.
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:05 AM
DeagleAc3
Unhatched Egg

Where do I find a Carvanha? And when/where do I get a ticket for the ship at Seanport?

Last edited by DeagleAc3; June 11th, 2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Rjwalkyz
Unhatched Egg

I have already finish the game last year but there is a bug in Lauren region I can't fly somewhere.. Is there any bug fixed patched file on gpsphone because i use iPod touch 4g iOS 5.1.1
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:11 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
I didn't do anything to the game files

Sorry, I don't know how to quote multiple responses in one reply.

(alienhunterx) I have both of them in my folder.

I guess Ash is right, it must be a bug. I just started over and I've already beat the Zhery League, so it doesn't really matter to me anymore

Thanks and sorry if I broke any rules while posting this.
Then delete the .sgm file and patch your ROM with a clean Ruby File again and rename the newest patch same as that .sav file of yours. Check whether this helped or not???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjwalkyz View Post
I have already finish the game last year but there is a bug in Lauren region I can't fly somewhere.. Is there any bug fixed patched file on gpsphone because i use iPod touch 4g iOS 5.1.1
Yes this is already known. Due to the maximum number of Flying spots filled, some areas of lauren cannot be accessed by flying. It is not a bug anyways.. You have to travel by other sources to get there

Last edited by alienhunterx; June 11th, 2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 12th, 2013, 01:09 AM
psyciceman
Friendly Neighbourhood Psycho

I'm gonna leave this here as help for anyone who may have issues with the hack being in Portuguese even with the English IPS, there is a Ruby ROM on 4shared that is actually a Light Platinum ROM in Portuguese (and presumably an old version) and using the IPS on that ROM will do nothing.
Check your Ruby ROM before you patch to make sure.
Old June 13th, 2013, 05:29 AM
P1rr0
Unhatched Egg

I have a question, If i defeat any pokemon it'll give me it's respective ev point?

For example If I defeat a pidgey it will give me a speed ev point or it'll give me another ev point I want to know to begin to play this game in the correct form training a good team
Old June 13th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1rr0 View Post
I have a question, If i defeat any pokemon it'll give me it's respective ev point?

For example If I defeat a pidgey it will give me a speed ev point or it'll give me another ev point I want to know to begin to play this game in the correct form training a good team
It works for those Pokemon who were originally in the ROM.
It doesn't work for 4th and 5th generation Pokemon who give EV points according to Pokemon they replaced and who has the original ROM data.

Old June 14th, 2013, 01:38 AM
wiper05
Unhatched Egg

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and it seems amazing.
I've been playing pkmn light platinum on my iPhone for a while now ( english version ), but i've read around that a 1.1 version is available, and it contains important fixes and new stuff. How can i find out if my version is the latest? is it really important to have the 1.1 version?
I'm currently struggling to beat the first League, trying to level up my pkmns..
Thanks in advance
Marco ( sorry for my english )
Old June 14th, 2013, 10:13 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiper05 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and it seems amazing.
I've been playing pkmn light platinum on my iPhone for a while now ( english version ), but i've read around that a 1.1 version is available, and it contains important fixes and new stuff. How can i find out if my version is the latest? is it really important to have the 1.1 version?
I'm currently struggling to beat the first League, trying to level up my pkmns..
Thanks in advance
Marco ( sorry for my english )
Bot you are not a up to date fan. There is a final version too available after that 1.1 version. All of them are on the first page of the thread
Old June 15th, 2013, 01:44 AM
wiper05
Unhatched Egg

I'm sorry, Bot what?
Your answer seems unappropriate, kid.
Would my actual savegame still be ok in case i download the final version?
Old June 15th, 2013, 02:38 AM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
I've just earned the Flamerny Gym badge and gotten the Fire Blow TM from the leader...only to find out that none of my 100+ Pokémon can learn the move. Is this a bug? If it's not, could you please add a"who can learn" list for the new moves you've created?

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Quarrks
Unhatched Egg

Hi, I just arrived in Kosaka city and I tried to get into the gym, so the leader went out and told me he was going to the sky tower or something like that. So I went there (right before there was a man who blocked the path) but the second Steam member almost killed all my pokemons (I am training them to level up). Therefore I left the tower and went to the pokemon center.
I saved the game and stop playing but, when I restarted the game, the man who was blocking the path was back so I couldn't enter in the sky tower anymore. I tried the walk through walls code but it did'nt work. Is there anyone to help me ?

PS : I play on My boy! emulator on Android if it helps
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:37 AM
rajvir
Pokemon Master

Excuse me but I could use some help I need to go through the hole near Merydian City which TM lets you do that dig?
Also which gym do you beat to get it just in case I have not defeated them.
Sorry I need help but I took a very long break from light platinum and have forgotten a lot of stuff.

Old June 15th, 2013, 08:19 PM
poke'kid236
Unhatched Egg

Wow, this is better then some of the actual main series games ive played lately. i made this account just to say thanks for creating an amazing original pokemon game, i just finished it and it was almost perfect. i did get stuck at mt vulcan until i had to use the walk through walls cheat tho :/
Old June 16th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
I've just earned the Flamerny Gym badge and gotten the Fire Blow TM from the leader...only to find out that none of my 100+ Pokémon can learn the move. Is this a bug? If it's not, could you please add a"who can learn" list for the new moves you've created?
It's rewritten Overheat so unless you decided not to catch any Fire type, your fire types should be able to learn it.

Old June 16th, 2013, 08:15 AM
ISNorden
Teddiursa

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to ISNorden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
It's rewritten Overheat so unless you decided not to catch any Fire type, your fire types should be able to learn it.

I thought it might be a Fire move too; but none of my Magmortar could learn it, for some odd reason. Neither could my Charizard starter. I finally took a hint from a YouTube clip and chose the Arcanine I'd evoved recently--though it's still confusing that he could learn Fire Blow but other Fire types couldn't.

Moving on from there ... I've cleared the Ricyan City gym by now and am searching for the next one. Judging by Soka's final remarks, I'm guessing that Dig will be necessary to get past some obstacle; howver, the closest roadblock that I haven't been able to pass is the one set up by Team Steam. Since I can't tunnel around them, could you please tell me how to unblock the path? Many thanks!

" Coming this fall to Jubilife TV: Lost Beyond Space!"

Last edited by ISNorden; June 16th, 2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 16th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Banette`
[ The Vengeful Doll ]

Nature: Jolly
So.. I decided to save my game before beating the 8th gym and then closed it out, to save for another time. Seems I made a big mistake, because now I'm stuck in the gym. No clue what I can do from here, aside from restarting the game once again.
I'd love to use a walk-through walls code, but either I'm doing something wrong, or none of them work with the game. x:

If anyone could help, that'd be great. ~

Old June 16th, 2013, 10:04 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
I thought it might be a Fire move too; but none of my Magmortar could learn it, for some odd reason. Neither could my Charizard starter. I finally took a hint from a YouTube clip and chose the Arcanine I'd evoved recently--though it's still confusing that he could learn Fire Blow but other Fire types couldn't.

Moving on from there ... I've cleared the Ricyan City gym by now and am searching for the next one. Judging by Soka's final remarks, I'm guessing that Dig will be necessary to get past some obstacle; howver, the closest roadblock that I haven't been able to pass is the one set up by Team Steam. Since I can't tunnel around them, could you please tell me how to unblock the path? Many thanks!
Well it is always that you have to beat all the gym leaders in Lauren first when you get there. After that you just have to press A button on it an it will ask you to Dig in there or Not....
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:

I do believe my Charizard could learn it... weird... oh well... good that you found a way.
As for the Team Steam, you need to click on the hole they are guarding and yes/no prompt will appear asking whether you wanna dig.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here