The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 10th, 2013, 09:57 PM
RukiaChambers

Played with the patch ruby 1.0 rom, and it still goes to a perma black screen after beating a trainer..This thing hates me

So its my emulator thats messing it up..I really don't want to put CFW on my psp to run this =(

Last edited by RukiaChambers; August 10th, 2013 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old August 11th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
@Cyclone: Each separate event has its own flag.
That means scripts that trigger the same event have the same flag but that doesn't matter as it's taken care of through vars...
Don't care about content of script, don't care about OWs that are used in script.
That doesn't matter at all. All that matters are flag numbers.
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:52 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

So what flag is turning Red, Bagon, and Solana back on at Dardusk Woods? Something clearly uses the same flags as the two events there!

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 11th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
So what flag is turning Red, Bagon, and Solana back on at Dardusk Woods? Something clearly uses the same flags as the two events there!
The one that is in their ID in Advanced Map.
Old August 11th, 2013, 07:34 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Maybe I'll send you a PM about this so as not to derail this thread into a scripting discussion.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 12th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Erenussocrates

I still cannot find the nurse joy at the starter town and I am unable to heal my pokemon in the beginning...
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:01 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

You may have the wrong version. She's sitting on a bench near the exit.

Old August 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM
RukiaChambers

Originally Posted by Erenussocrates View Post
I still cannot find the nurse joy at the starter town and I am unable to heal my pokemon in the beginning...
I had the most up to date version, and I didn't see her either
Old August 12th, 2013, 04:17 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Is there an empty seat on the bench? There should be two characters there.

Old August 12th, 2013, 10:02 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsgamer1993 View Post
Wondering if I could get this to work on my EZ-Flash IV? I tried playing on VisualBoy Advance and got the white screen. I know how to fix it on that, but wondering how to for my EZ-Flash IV?
You will not be able to play it on EZ-Flash either because your ROM has some issues. Try another Ruby . ROM or PM me I will help you
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RukiaChambers View Post
I had the most up to date version, and I didn't see her either
Most up to date version should be "Final" version from Snakebyte's signature.
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM
BlueNwz

Hi friends i am new to this forum and i am sorry if it's been asked before. I tried searching in the thread but couldn't get what i wanted. So here's my question about this hack. There are 4th and 5th gen pokemon but not their moves right? THERE ARE NO 4TH GENERATION MOVES LIKE STONE EDGE OR AQUA TAIL ETC? AND SAME GOES FOR GEN 5? Am i right? I would be very happy if someone cares to reply to this. So i can get a chimchar, evolve it to monferno and then infernape but it will not learn it's gen 4 moves like flare blitz or close combat? I had this doubt because i my croconaw did not learn ice fang . Will wait for your response. Thanks.
Also where do i get the TM Substitute? Thanks.
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Boquito17

Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been asked before, but where on earth can I find a Super Repel? Every PokeMart I've vistsed only has Max Repels

Need it to get rid of the Arons. lol.

EDIT: I found at Groment City!

Last edited by Boquito17; August 13th, 2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Senju

Anyone know where I can find a Spinarak? I want to get that scyther in the trade in Inhore. I remember seeing one spinarak, but I haven't seen one since and I've been going through endless grass on the routes I've been on so far..trying to make it appear again with no luck
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:43 AM
BlueNwz

In the same city where you are offered to trade spinarak for scyther... come out of the house where that guy offers you to trade and go straight up north in one direction. You will come out of the city and the first patch of grass you find near the puddle of water. They are there. Lots of them. ROUTE 404.
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Senju

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNwz View Post
In the same city where you are offered to trade spinarak for scyther... come out of the house where that guy offers you to trade and go straight up north in one direction. You will come out of the city and the first patch of grass you find near the puddle of water. They are there. Lots of them. ROUTE 404.
I haven't gotten the first badge yet. I guess it's rare on all the other previous routes. I'll be getting it once I get this Inhore badge. Thanks for the heads up
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:54 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Hi friends i am new to this forum and i am sorry if it's been asked before. I tried searching in the thread but couldn't get what i wanted. So here's my question about this hack. There are 4th and 5th gen pokemon but not their moves right? THERE ARE NO 4TH GENERATION MOVES LIKE STONE EDGE OR AQUA TAIL ETC? AND SAME GOES FOR GEN 5? Am i right? I would be very happy if someone cares to reply to this. So i can get a chimchar, evolve it to monferno and then infernape but it will not learn it's gen 4 moves like flare blitz or close combat? I had this doubt because i my croconaw did not learn ice fang . Will wait for your response. Thanks.
Also where do i get the TM Substitute? Thanks.
You are entirely correct. There are no 4th or 5th gen. moves. Do not rely on sites like Bulbapedia for their movesets here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boquito17 View Post
Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been asked before, but where on earth can I find a Super Repel? Every PokeMart I've vistsed only has Max Repels

Need it to get rid of the Arons. lol.

EDIT: I found at Groment City!
Yes, Groment City is the first location to find items that are not "Max" items. I wish the lowest-level items were available early on, but getting a Pokémon with Pickup is vital in the early going as they will be collecting lots of Super Potions, Ultra Balls, etc. all for free. You can even get Gold Nuggets with which to buy the Max items - or not, if you spend time training and overpower others easily.

Old August 13th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Senju

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
You are entirely correct. There are no 4th or 5th gen. moves. Do not rely on sites like Bulbapedia for their movesets here.
Suddenly my yearning for a Scizor has gone down. No Bullet Punch, no Bug Bite, no U-Turn? No Technician?.... Sometimes I forget Scizor wasn't always such a beast

Edit: Does Infernape at least get a viable level up fighting move like Brick Break or something?

Last edited by Senju; August 13th, 2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old August 13th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senju View Post
Suddenly my yearning for a Scizor has gone down. No Bullet Punch, no Bug Bite, no U-Turn? No Technician?.... Sometimes I forget Scizor wasn't always such a beast
Obviously...
This is 3RD GENERATION hack...

BlueNwz: Substitute is not TM. It's TM only in first, fourth and fifth generations.
I repeat... this is 3RD GENERATION hack.
Old August 13th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Senju

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Obviously...
This is 3RD GENERATION hack...

I know. That's why I said "Sometimes I forget Scizor wasn't always such a beast"
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:43 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

BTW, you can trade for a Scizor at the first city. Which usually is an indication it isn't the strongest Pokémon you'll get.

Old August 14th, 2013, 12:48 AM
BlueNwz

So NO SUBSTITUTE and we have to keep Focus Punch throughout the game. This is bad.
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
So NO SUBSTITUTE and we have to keep Focus Punch throughout the game. This is bad.
There might be move tutor...? I'm not sure as Substitute is pretty useless in-game as you don't need competitive strategy to win...
Old August 14th, 2013, 05:34 PM
TZer

I defeated Team Steams base and forgot to get the tablet now they are all blocking the door. is there a way to get in again?
Old August 14th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Senju

Just went to talk to Sophia to make her go back to Snowce gym. She leaves towards the back of mt icestorm. I go out the front of mt icestorm since it's much closer, fly to Snowce, go into gym, she's not there.

Am I going to have to go through Mt. Icestorm again to make her appear at the gym?

Edit: nvm, figured it out. It's funny that I said out loud " Is she trollin me right now?" before I found her giving me her troll laugh lol Very clever to put that in the game

Last edited by Senju; August 14th, 2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Figured the answer to my own question
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links