Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 14th, 2013 (10:02 PM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote originally posted by BlueNwz:
So NO SUBSTITUTE and we have to keep Focus Punch throughout the game. This is bad.
The move Close Combat is still in the hack though because Lucario learns it by leveling up maybe Emboar could also...
Old August 14th, 2013 (10:38 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
The move Close Combat is still in the hack though because Lucario learns it by leveling up maybe Emboar could also...
It's "Close Combat"... it's actually Superpower and it works the same way iirc.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old August 15th, 2013 (05:45 AM). Edited August 15th, 2013 by Lucra.
Lucra

Nature: Jolly
Hey, I already played the hack but starting over.
Got a pretty decent starter team (Charmeleon, skorupi, elekid, vullababy and milotic) but I'm looking for the best grass type in the game.
Last time I used sceptile, but didn't really enjoy it, low defense but great speed tough.
Another problem with it is the moveset, learns leafblade at lv 40 something I think and that's a major problem for me.
So anybody has a sugestion what to use? love to ge a respond soon.
(Sorry for grammatical errors and spelling errors, English isn't my native language)

Edit: By the way, if you have any tips on what I need to change to my team please say so, also got a snorlax as my tank added and I know people are going to say change your skorupi but I wan't to get a drapion b/c it's only weakness is ground.
Old August 15th, 2013 (07:13 AM).
KuroRyu
Kuro Ryu

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to KuroRyu
I can say this is the best hack I've ever played, I would play it over any official game, with the exception maybe of Emerald. I had a team of level 80's by the time I finished, there is always something to do before you get your badge, so you feel like you have to work for your badge (other than the gym battle).
also had a great selection of Pokemon, finished my game with a Blastoise, Raichu, Snorlax, Ninetales, Heracross and Flygon. Deserves hack of the year with every fiber of its being.
Old August 15th, 2013 (07:41 AM).
TotallyShweetAwesome
The Awesome

Tried doing a nuzlocke of this game! Hardest thing ever! LOL
Old August 15th, 2013 (09:21 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Lucra:
Got a pretty decent starter team (Charmeleon, skorupi, elekid, vullababy and milotic) but I'm looking for the best grass type in the game.
Last time I used sceptile, but didn't really enjoy it, low defense but great speed tough.
Another problem with it is the moveset, learns leafblade at lv 40 something I think and that's a major problem for me.
(Sorry for grammatical errors and spelling errors, English isn't my native language)

Edit: By the way, if you have any tips on what I need to change to my team please say so, also got a snorlax as my tank added and I know people are going to say change your skorupi but I wan't to get a drapion b/c it's only weakness is ground.
Grass types are generally useless so... if you are not satisfied with starter, you probably won't find any other good grass type.

Old August 15th, 2013 (09:37 AM). Edited August 15th, 2013 by Lucra.
Lucra

Decided to leave grass-types alone, really wan't a kingdra but have no clue were to catch a carvanha.
Have checked my pokedex where to catch one, and went to diffrent spots.
Used both the Super and good rod and still haven't even encountered one..
Any tips?

Edit: Nevermind, caught a carvanha and got myself a kingdra.
My team so far: Vullaby, drapion, charizard, kingdra, milotic and electevire.
Okay team? only thing I need is a strong fighting type move against dark pokemon, because I believe I have a counter to evrything at the moment except dark.
Also, because my drapion is a dark pokemon, I'd like a flygon to counter elektrics, going to change it with vullaby.
Old August 15th, 2013 (03:19 PM). Edited August 15th, 2013 by RukiaChambers.
RukiaChambers

So, I got the real final release of the hack...Lets see if it works this time

[edit] Nope, actually goes black screen earlier than before, right after beating Diamond for the first time
Old August 15th, 2013 (10:17 PM). Edited August 15th, 2013 by alienhunterx.
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx

Turtwig is a decent Grass type starter providing a secondary type at it's final evolution.

Decided to leave grass-types alone, really wan't a kingdra but have no clue were to catch a carvanha.
Any tips?

Okay team? only thing I need is a strong fighting type move against dark pokemon, because I believe I have a counter to evrything at the moment except dark.
Also, because my drapion is a dark pokemon, I'd like a flygon to counter elektrics, going to change it with vullaby.
In this case Lucario fits well, giving you a powerful hitter
Old August 15th, 2013 (10:38 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Any tips?

Get rid of Milotic as you have Kingdra and get yourself a Lucario.
And obviously get rid of Vullaby for Flygon.

Old August 16th, 2013 (08:16 PM).
Pokenoob666
Frustrated Feraligator

i could raise a rufflet (trying to trade), but something got me curious. When I looked up Braviary, it's locations were in towns. is there a way to catch braviary, cause leveling up rufflet is a pain when the only source of exp is the two elite four. also, is it possible to complete the pokedex without cheating.
Old August 17th, 2013 (01:54 PM).
RukiaChambers

I use gpsp kai, and it seems to not work properly with Light Plat..
Old August 17th, 2013 (02:33 PM).
TerribleThomas

Quote originally posted by Senju:
Just went to talk to Sophia to make her go back to Snowce gym. She leaves towards the back of mt icestorm. I go out the front of mt icestorm since it's much closer, fly to Snowce, go into gym, she's not there.

Am I going to have to go through Mt. Icestorm again to make her appear at the gym?

Edit: nvm, figured it out. It's funny that I said out loud " Is she trollin me right now?" before I found her giving me her troll laugh lol Very clever to put that in the game
I'm playing through Light Platinum for the first time, and I'm having the problem that is referenced above. I did exactly the same thing that Senju did, except that I wasn't able to find Sophia after I got back to Snowce.
Old August 17th, 2013 (08:48 PM).
experiusmag

When I get to the lauren league I defeat the first gym and go to mt lauren there is a girl i verse that when she sends out her first pokemon the game freezes and starts changing screen colours and then crashes any help? if it has happened before or am i alone?
Old August 17th, 2013 (11:03 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by TerribleThomas:
I'm playing through Light Platinum for the first time, and I'm having the problem that is referenced above. I did exactly the same thing that Senju did, except that I wasn't able to find Sophia after I got back to Snowce.
You are supposed to find her 2 times.
First at the start of the cave and then at the end of the cave.

Old August 19th, 2013 (09:34 AM). Edited August 19th, 2013 by Erenussocrates.
Erenussocrates

I wonder if someone officially took over this hack to fix the bugs? Because I could post some. Like this one:
h,ttp://s14.postimg.org/zdij596lt/dghry_87.png
(without comma, sorry I can't post pictures because I still don't have 15 posts yet)
This one is Inhore City Pokemon Center.
Pokemon/Item Storage computers multiply if you try to activate them from right side of the table. I don't know if that happens in other pokemon centers too.
Edit: Also a Venipede, uhhh, gives way too much experience than it should have been (to my conversation) when you defeat them. I'm not sure if it's considered a bug. A level 18 Venipede gives more experience than a level 28 Tentacool. Speaking of Tentacools...

While at it, I wanted to make some criticisms as well. I actually find it funny how player could get their hands on Ultra Balls and a Good Rod so early in game :d That must be original maker's own style, most probably he was sick of not being able to use the higher tier items at the beginning of the game. But encountering level 28 tentacools so early in game is so unbalanced inmho. He knocked my 2 electric pokemon out before going down, lmao. Just telling my own opinions though.
Also about, locked House in Inhore City. What's about it? When will it unlock? What is inside?

Edit 2: There's a young trainer on the east side of the Nyan point. He's just the first trainer to battle after you've crossed the bridge through west. He has a typo.
Old August 19th, 2013 (09:48 AM).
PokemonPkmn

I'm blocked in the 6th Gym and i play this HR Pokemon with Supercard Lite, help me please!!
Old August 19th, 2013 (11:26 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by PokemonPkmn:
I'm blocked in the 6th Gym and i play this HR Pokemon with Supercard Lite, help me please!!
All I can suggest is a walk through walls code to work your way back to the front. I do agree there could be a switch in the back that activates all doors, and that would be a nice idea.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 19th, 2013 (09:25 PM).
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Woah! This hack is soooo amazing!
Old August 20th, 2013 (01:17 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Erenussocrates:
I wonder if someone officially took over this hack to fix the bugs? Because I could post some. Like this one:
h,ttp://s14.postimg.org/zdij596lt/dghry_87.png
(without comma, sorry I can't post pictures because I still don't have 15 posts yet)
This one is Inhore City Pokemon Center.
Pokemon/Item Storage computers multiply if you try to activate them from right side of the table. I don't know if that happens in other pokemon centers too.
Edit: Also a Venipede, uhhh, gives way too much experience than it should have been (to my conversation) when you defeat them. I'm not sure if it's considered a bug. A level 18 Venipede gives more experience than a level 28 Tentacool. Speaking of Tentacools...
Dunno about the multiplying PCs but the Venipede is an easter egg that is made to remind the original Portuguese version.

Old August 20th, 2013 (02:58 AM).
KuroRyu
Kuro Ryu

Hey I just wanted to ask you guys if it's possible to obtain a Charmander other than your starter? Because I don't have a flying type and I feel like the only pokemon I can replace is my Ninetales because it's weak, but I don't wanna be without a fire type either, so I thought about getting a charizard, but I picked Squirtle, so can you tell me if it's possible to obtain another Charmander ingame?
Old August 20th, 2013 (03:51 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by KuroRyu:
Hey I just wanted to ask you guys if it's possible to obtain a Charmander other than your starter? Because I don't have a flying type and I feel like the only pokemon I can replace is my Ninetales because it's weak, but I don't wanna be without a fire type either, so I thought about getting a charizard, but I picked Squirtle, so can you tell me if it's possible to obtain another Charmander ingame?
I don't think you can get another Kanto starter... you can get starters from other regions, though.
You can try Arcanine as your fire type.

Old August 20th, 2013 (05:15 AM).
KuroRyu
Kuro Ryu

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
I don't think you can get another Kanto starter... you can get starters from other regions, though.
You can try Arcanine as your fire type.
Nope I wanted a dual fire/flying so I'm out of luck. charizard was the only option and I refuse to use Moltres and Ho-oh. I'll just catch some randim flying type to use Fly when I need to. thx
Old August 20th, 2013 (12:35 PM).
Erenussocrates

Did someone take over the project???
Old August 20th, 2013 (12:46 PM). Edited August 20th, 2013 by Pokenoob666.
Pokenoob666
Frustrated Feraligator

ok verizon is in my pc. weird. it's not in my pokedex.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links