The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 14th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Trainer Ninja
Master of all games

1. The game is outstanding. Much better, and harder than most pokemon games.

2. Very good job with the translation.
3. Looking forward to the new beta. You guys did an impressive job.

My ending team in the Ghost town was Slaking, Tyranitar, Meganium, Dragonite, Snorlax

All Level 55+
Old February 15th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Xenoblade
needs a banner. PM me please!

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Yes, you can, as long as you can Rom Hack.
So, I bet that you're a Rom Hacker?
If you are, then you're welcome to my team.
Yep, I started my own hack a while back (Went in-depth with it, started using XSE, creating, deleting, editing events), so I'm in for it. Glad to be on the team. :D

Old February 15th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccool View Post
So far the game has been fun, and it is gonna feel like a decade waiting for the final product. I know it is not gonna happen, but it would been cool to finish up the first region and post a beta for that.
It's gonna be released. Don't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Ninja View Post
1. The game is outstanding. Much better, and harder than most pokemon games.

2. Very good job with the translation.
3. Looking forward to the new beta. You guys did an impressive job.

My ending team in the Ghost town was Slaking, Tyranitar, Meganium, Dragonite, Snorlax

All Level 55+
Thank you very much for the
positive feedback. And that's
a pretty awesome team ya got there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoblade View Post
Yep, I started my own hack a while back (Went in-depth with it, started using XSE, creating, deleting, editing events), so I'm in for it. Glad to be on the team. :D
Good. Awesome. If Ash is too busy, I'll ask
for your help.
One more question: Can you fix scripts that have
been cut off? (No strings)
Old February 15th, 2010, 05:55 AM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

I know the game will be released, should of made my response clear. When the first region has been done including the elite 4 a beta for the first region should be made, that right there I know will not happen, so stuck having 2 wait for the final product.

Though I actually don't think Ruby would have enough memory to do 2 regions.

Old February 15th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
If you are, then you're welcome to my team.
Since when it's your team your Highness? xD

Quote:
I looked through 83 pages, and found nothing about this, so here goes. When the Groudon & Kyogre event ends, you are told to go to the Lighthouse. When you go upstairs, there is a trainer who will spot you, no matter what. However, when the battle starts, the screen turns black (hinting that the trainer is not inserted into the game). Now, I have looked on Advance Map to find a way around this (moving the trainer), but I can't locate the map, at all. Could someone please help me with this, or give me a suggestion to get around it? I'd really like to finish this Beta in Darkdusk rather than the Lighthouse.
This is really weird... I mean I hadn't had this bug when I played that part of game... could you try to repatch your ROM to see if it's still the same?

Last edited by Satoshi Ookami; February 16th, 2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old February 15th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Xenoblade

Quote:
Good. Awesome. If Ash is too busy, I'll ask
for your help.
One more question: Can you fix scripts that have
been cut off? (No strings)
Yep, I can do that. :D Just call me the puppet master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
This is really weird... I mean I hadn't had this bug when I played that part of game... could you try to repatch your ROM to see if it's still the same?
Originally that would be my quote, but yeah, I'll try that.

EDIT: I'm having the same problem, nothing's changed. Well, something's changed, but it has nothing to do with that bug. All that's different is I'm finding Slakoth and Vulpix in their respective routes now, when they didn't exist there before. And I still can't find the Seanport map on Advance Map, it doesn't seem to exist there. In fact, I can't even find a script there in either A-Text or XSE. It's like it's some sort of fantasy world that's only in my head, but on everyone else's game :D

EDIT 2: Okay, forget about it. It can't be fixed on mine, but I dodged it. Decided to just use the WTW code and get through that part. I finally managed to finish the Beta, but there were more bugged trainers, same problem, and the battle with Gold is included. As I said, forget about it, because nobody else seems to have such a problem. But, if you want to look into it, I could message you something to help.

Last edited by Xenoblade; February 15th, 2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: I REFUSE TO DOUBLE POST!!! XD /EDIT 2: Update
Old February 16th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Master Terrador
Welcome to the Underworld!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccool View Post
Though I actually don't think Ruby would have enough memory to do 2 regions.
You could be surprised, Wesley did it in Beta 3.
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:

EDIT 2: Okay, forget about it. It can't be fixed on mine, but I dodged it. Decided to just use the WTW code and get through that part. I finally managed to finish the Beta, but there were more bugged trainers, same problem, and the battle with Gold is included. As I said, forget about it, because nobody else seems to have such a problem. But, if you want to look into it, I could message you something to help.
Pretty weird ROM you have there...
You can send it to me... I can at least check it.
Old February 16th, 2010, 01:52 PM
karamba
Beginning Trainer

if you beat pkemon trainer lunick he goes away right?
If you go back to the beginning and then go back to the place you battled him you fight him again only hes invisible xD

(Sorry for bad english)

Oh and you get the good rod again..
And you have to fight gold again.. o.O
Old February 16th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Xenoblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamba View Post
if you beat pkemon trainer lunick he goes away right?
If you go back to the beginning and then go back to the place you battled him you fight him again only hes invisible xD

(Sorry for bad english)

Oh and you get the good rod again..
And you have to fight gold again.. o.O
Okay, you've admitted for the bad English, but even I couldn't understand much of that. There's only a couple of things I can say to that:

For the Lunick thing, it was a little hard to understand, but apparently it doesn't seem that bad of a glitch.
For the Good Rod...I have no idea what you're talking about...
And for fighting Gold again, is this after facing Lunick again, as you said you can? If not, is it just some random repeating event that has nothing to do with facing Lunick again (Can you do that more than twice) ? If none of those follow it, then it's completely natural to face Gold again, as he is a recurring character.

Ash493: Okay, I sent you something. If you need anything else, I can provide (Including screenshots, video, anything you need). Let me know!

Old February 17th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Ash493: Okay, I sent you something. If you need anything else, I can provide (Including screenshots, video, anything you need). Let me know!
Yep I know... If you could make some videos about those glitches.
Old February 17th, 2010, 09:35 AM
karamba
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Okay, you've admitted for the bad English, but even I couldn't understand much of that. There's only a couple of things I can say to that:

For the Lunick thing, it was a little hard to understand, but apparently it doesn't seem that bad of a glitch.
For the Good Rod...I have no idea what you're talking about...
And for fighting Gold again, is this after facing Lunick again, as you said you can? If not, is it just some random repeating event that has nothing to do with facing Lunick again (Can you do that more than twice) ? If none of those follow it, then it's completely natural to face Gold again, as he is a recurring character.

Allright sorry for my brothers bad english (not that mine is good).
Its on the same place, he battles gold again only you cant see gold he's invisible.
Old February 17th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Xenoblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Yep I know... If you could make some videos about those glitches.
Okay, I'll make some detailing the people that are bugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamba View Post
Allright sorry for my brothers bad english (not that mine is good).
Its on the same place, he battles gold again only you cant see gold he's invisible.
Hmm...I know this might seem like a silly question, but does it directly affect normal gameplay, or is it an option to go and do that? If it affects the gameplay, if you could send something in like a video, like what I'm doing, they could check up on it. Don't forget to also send in some information involving the ROM!

Here's some instructions to taking videos with the VBA:

Open the VBA, and load your ROM
Get to the point where you want to start taking the video
Go under Tools > Record > Start AVI recording...
Go through up to the point you want to stop your video
Go back up to Tools > Record > Stop AVI recording...
Next, go under the option "Play" in the same area and start playing the video in order to check it over. If it doesn't seem too good, go back through what you just did and record a new one.

Old February 17th, 2010, 05:05 PM
theboy100
Beginning Trainer

I've been following this thread on and off for a long time now and I was wondering if the white screen problem has been sloved i tried many links but i just never get it to work on my psp pr pc id prefer to play it on my psp but if pc is the only way then thats ok i just wanna experience this myself... so can anyone help?
Old February 17th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Trainer Ninja
Master of all games

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy100 View Post
I've been following this thread on and off for a long time now and I was wondering if the white screen problem has been sloved i tried many links but i just never get it to work on my psp pr pc id prefer to play it on my psp but if pc is the only way then thats ok i just wanna experience this myself... so can anyone help?
I downloaded this patch recently, and didn't have any white screen problem so they probably fixed that a long time ago.

Best completed hacks played so far: Ruby destiny series!

All My pro wins

http://i45.tinypic.com/rigflv.png
Old February 18th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Amross
Beginning Trainer

I just downloaded and got white screen, found it on another site and got it. Theres something wrong with this site too, I can't download anything from any forum, it just says file not found. Also, can you make the next update to where pokemon dont appear every 2 steps?
Old February 18th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Pokemonrulze
Beginning Trainer

hello,i have a problem.when i patch ruby whith light platinum, it comes up whith a white screen. anyone know how to fix it?
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Trainer Ninja
Master of all games

Are you guys downloading the old beta 3 or something? Because in the new one the monsters don't appear in every 2 steps.

All My pro wins

Old February 18th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Amross
Beginning Trainer

Idk, can you send me a copy maybe that will work.
Old February 18th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Ninja View Post
Are you guys downloading the old beta 3 or something? Because in the new one the monsters don't appear in every 2 steps.
The only way they can get the old beta 3, you would have to search for it.

Old February 18th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Trainer Ninja
Master of all games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amross View Post
Idk, can you send me a copy maybe that will work.

What emulator are you using?

If your using No$gba> go to emulation setup and make the NDS Cartridge Backup Media to 512k

See if it works

All My pro wins

Old February 18th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Xenoblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy100 View Post
See what I say below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amross View Post
I just downloaded and got white screen, found it on another site and got it. Theres something wrong with this site too, I can't download anything from any forum, it just says file not found. Also, can you make the next update to where pokemon dont appear every 2 steps?
See what I say below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemonrulze View Post
hello,i have a problem.when i patch ruby whith light platinum, it comes up whith a white screen. anyone know how to fix it?
See what I say below...

Okay everyone, listen up. Now, you claim you are getting a "white screen" which is normal for a just downloaded VBA. Another one of you said something about using a "psp or pc." IT ONLY WORKS PROPERLY WITH A VBA ON A PC! Now, for the rest of you, follow these instructions. Next time, please read the previous pages, like I did to be caught up on all of this, and do everything they say on fixing this problem, we've all helped people several times.

TO FIX THE "WHITE SCREEN" PROBLEM:

1. Download the VBA on the first page of this thread.
2. Download the suggested v1.0 Ruby ROM (Google it).
3. Download the English Beta 2 patch on the first page.
4. Double click on the IPS file and then find your ROM in the new window.
5. Double click on the ROM. A window will pop-up saying it's patched.
6. Open the ROM in the VBA.
7. On the VBA, go under Options > Emulator > Save Type > 128K.
8. Play through the game, and if any other problems are encountered, re-patch the ROM up to three times. If it is still having problems, report it on this thread describing the exact problem and send a video (Instructions are in one of my previous posts) to either me or Ash493. We'll try to help you fix it.

Last edited by Xenoblade; February 20th, 2010 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Cutting out the rudeness...sorry, everyone. :/
Old February 18th, 2010, 05:13 PM
crunkmcfunk
Beginning Trainer

i cant get the game to start it just stays at a black screen... im using gpsphone (ipod touch) and this is the only hack from this site that dosent work

EDIT nvmn i saw u said only pc

Last edited by crunkmcfunk; February 18th, 2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old February 19th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Xenoblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkmcfunk View Post
i cant get the game to start it just stays at a black screen... im using gpsphone (ipod touch) and this is the only hack from this site that dosent work

EDIT nvmn i saw u said only pc

Okay, thank you for noticing that. Now, you say it's a black screen, not white? Are you using a VBA on your iPod Touch? (Is that possible?)
If so, refer to the things above, try it out, and if it doesn't work post again and please provide a detailed description of the problem.

Old February 19th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Steeldude
Ace Trainer

Xenoblade: too much, don't you think?

"everyone's final warning"? who do you think you are? an admin? you think that just because you joined the translation team you can insult others? think about yourself.

I repeat: I understand, but you could have said that normally. You didn't have to be so rude.

Sponsored Links