The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoKéMaKeR View Post
What is the "My friend....." thingy?

PoKéMaKeR
My friend is a D/P Style OW Spriter. I think I already told you that
__________________
  #77    
Old November 25th, 2008, 06:27 AM
PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Netherlands :)
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
I've been watching this game for quite a while, I'm excited for the demo :D!
Good to hear that!
Thanks for your support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
My friend is a D/P Style OW Spriter. I think I already told you that
Oh yeah, that's right lol, nevermind that because I've already made one myself!
I think it's quite ok so, I'll use that
Although because of this new overworld, I need a new picture (D/P style) of Henrique, can anyone do this for me?
As a reward you'll get a small beta!

PoKéMaKeR
__________________
(Click for the thread)



Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

  #78    
Old November 26th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoKéMaKeR View Post
Good to hear that!
Thanks for your support!



Oh yeah, that's right lol, nevermind that because I've already made one myself!
I think it's quite ok so, I'll use that
Although because of this new overworld, I need a new picture (D/P style) of Henrique, can anyone do this for me?
As a reward you'll get a small beta!

PoKéMaKeR
Normal or OverWorld? Some details?
__________________
  #79    
Old November 26th, 2008, 10:06 AM
PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Netherlands :)
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
Normal or OverWorld? Some details?
I need a "trainer pic" of him if you can help PM me and I'll give you the overworld so you can see how the "trainer pic" should look like.
Thanks!

PoKéMaKeR
__________________
(Click for the thread)



Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

  #80    
Old November 27th, 2008, 05:40 AM
4th Gen Matt's Avatar
4th Gen Matt
Pokemon Onyx Creator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Age: 21
Gender:
Whats up PoKeMaKeR? I hope the game development is going well for you. I threaded Pokemon Onyx so expect to see the thread up in a few days (I posted the bare minimum so I didn't spoil everything). Anyway, you should probably start spriting sometime in the near future. No rush though.
__________________
Dark Labyrinth Gym Badges





Wi-fi Battle Record: 30-4
  #81    
Old November 27th, 2008, 08:41 AM
<~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Hmmm...Do you plan any updates in the next week or so Pokemaker? I'm ready to see what you have in store for us
  #82    
Old December 4th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Heey any updates?
Please don't tell me I wasted my precious time for a sprite you don't need
__________________
  #83    
Old December 7th, 2008, 12:55 PM
PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Netherlands :)
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
Heey any updates?
Please don't tell me I wasted my precious time for a sprite you don't need
No you haven't, ofcourse not !!
Here is the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~Flood~> View Post
Hmmm...Do you plan any updates in the next week or so Pokemaker? I'm ready to see what you have in store for us
Yeah here it is!


Update
First of all, sorry community for the lateness of the update, I hadn't much time until now.. so apologies again!



I would like to start with the following.....





Yeah that's correct, it's the new Henrique Ow and Intro sprite, Credits to Tropical Sunlight for the intro sprite, credits to me (lol) for the Henrique trainer sprite!

And now the following, I would like to show you guys a map shot of the first City, Flaro City:

Spoiler:

Flaro City has an Harbour, from which you can go to a different City, name has yet to be decided!
Also the Flaro City Gym leader isn't a new face, can anyone guess who he/she is?
If some one guesses correct I reveal the (slightly) edited new trainer sprite!
(I will use an other sprite in the demo)



I also have a new feature I would like to share with you guys, check the spoiler!

Spoiler:

It's a new feature in the Pokémarts!
They now sell Pokémon, no fancy Pokémon but yeah, that'll come later in the game!

Here are some screenshots of it



So now even Pokémon are for sale!
Tell me what you all think about this!


I also have a new Town mapped, it's called Topburg Town, it's a town in a mountain which is called the Runsurf Cave!
It's home for mostly Sandshrew and Diglett, but you also have the chance to meet some wild Onyx and Geodude there!

For my good friend 4th Gen Matt:

I also have made a first script (a while ago) which makes the trainer able to catch other trainers Pokémon, although only one kind of trainer Pokémon, the earlier revealed Fossil Pokémon!
The script is working correctly.. So I'm really happy since it's my first script ever!

Last but not least, I'm going to announce a release date for the first demo..
Due to my lack of time the past couple of weeks it won't be that big, but yeah it still is a demo, isn't it!

So the release date I'm going to try to reach is Tuesday 9th of December!
The demo will contain 1 City, 2 Towns and 1 Gym battle!

I would like you all to know, I'm changing the update way again, because I haven't got much time all this school year to work on Rancher I'll update whenever I've made some progress.. So no more Post counts (sorry)

Ok that's it for this update I hope you guys liked it, and tell me what you think about it !

PoKéMaKeR





__________________
(Click for the thread)



Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

  #84    
Old December 8th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Great updates!

But the Pokemon should have a higher price... like 3000 (Abra 5500).
The Flaro City map is well... normal.

Keep it up and ask me for more sprites (lol)
__________________
  #85    
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:47 PM
PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Netherlands :)
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
Tropical sunlight thanks for your comments, but what you mean by flaro city is "normal"?
and about the price, they're only level 7 pokémon, you know
Thanks again anyways

UPDATE

As promised, the demo is out!
You need RMXP for this, although I'm not sure about that

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=NF5N51PN
(if the download doesn't work tell me)

follow this link to download the first demo of Pokémon Rancher!!

I hope to see some comments and get some (positive ) critism!!

Thanks and have fun with the demo

PoKéMaKeR
__________________
(Click for the thread)



Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

  #86    
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:51 PM
bugbite250's Avatar
bugbite250
A Christian Disciple
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: USA
Age: 20
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
oh!!!! i cant wait to play it! (im not at home though... im at the library... so i gotta wait a long time...)
__________________
timmyfaithblog.blogspot.com

Visit here!
  #87    
Old December 9th, 2008, 01:55 PM
<~F.M.P~>'s Avatar
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Germany
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
That's a pretty nice Sprite of the Ow. I really like how this is turning out, and you have a demo already? Sweet, I'm gonna go ahead and get on that now. Keep up the work and I hope to see a new update soon.
  #88    
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:33 PM
~JV~'s Avatar
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Age: 20
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Cool, im downloading it right now, so how further in the game this demo goes?
__________________
Sig in maintenance!
  #89    
Old December 9th, 2008, 02:35 PM
PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Netherlands :)
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugbite250 View Post
oh!!!! i cant wait to play it! (im not at home though... im at the library... so i gotta wait a long time...)
HAHAH lol, nice to hear you can't wait to play it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~Flood~> View Post
That's a pretty nice Sprite of the Ow. I really like how this is turning out, and you have a demo already? Sweet, I'm gonna go ahead and get on that now. Keep up the work and I hope to see a new update soon.
Yeah there is a demo already, do you like it?
Give me some comments man !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
Cool, im downloading it right now, so how further in the game this demo goes?
It goes up to the first gym, as you could read in the last update..
I think it's worth half an hour of playing time, not sure though, but yeah, tell me what you think!

Comments and critism is appriciated!

PoKéMaKeR
__________________
(Click for the thread)



Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

  #90    
Old December 9th, 2008, 03:02 PM
~JV~'s Avatar
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Age: 20
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Its looking cool, the musics are all fitting the characters and the first road map was really coolalso, the game is a bit hard for the start, the haunted mansion thing etc, but there is a problem with the pokemon sprites... look what happens...

__________________
Sig in maintenance!
  #91    
Old December 9th, 2008, 08:38 PM
ForeverRed's Avatar
ForeverRed
teeheeee
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ForeverRed
Sorry to say but that map is :\ not very good
do the buildings match? does the theme of it match and the black road is not supposed to go off the platform
and is it a city? it should be bigger <even oreburg is bigger>

btw very nice demo :D
same as JV what happened to the pokemon xD
__________________
Still Red Gyrados

Pokémon Ammolite

Might return, don't take my word on it.

DeviantArt

Last edited by ForeverRed; December 10th, 2008 at 12:24 AM.
  #92    
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:23 AM
PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Netherlands :)
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
Its looking cool, the musics are all fitting the characters and the first road map was really coolalso, the game is a bit hard for the start, the haunted mansion thing etc, but there is a problem with the pokemon sprites... look what happens...

Thanks!
But, that's strange..!?
It never happened to me when I was playing it!
Anyone, knows how to fix this?
I really don't know what's happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Gyrados View Post
btw very nice demo :D
same as JV what happened to the pokemon xD
As I said I really don't know what's happening


PoKéMaKeR
__________________
(Click for the thread)



Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

  #93    
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Wichu's Avatar
Wichu
Project Amethyst
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Herts, England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Ah, I think I know. I forgot to adapt the pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies script to work with encrypted archives. To fix it, replace the pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies in PokemonUtilities with this:
Code:
 def pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies(pokemon, species, back=false)
  if pokemon.egg?
   return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(
     sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/egg.png"))
  end
  ending=""
  ending+="f" if pokemon.gender==1 && pbRgssExists?(sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03df%s.png",species,back ? "b" : ""))
  ending+="s" if pokemon.isShiny?
  ending+="b" if back
  bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s.png",species,ending)
  if !pbRgssExists?(bitmapFileName)
   bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/000%s.png",ending)
  end
  if isConst?(pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:SPINDA) && !back
   bitmap=Bitmap.new(bitmapFileName)
   pbSpindaSpots(pokemon,bitmap)
  return bitmap
  elsif isConst?(pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:UNOWN)
   d=pokemon.personalID&3
   d|=((pokemon.personalID>>8)&3)<<2
   d|=((pokemon.personalID>>16)&3)<<4
   d|=((pokemon.personalID>>24)&3)<<6
   d%=28 # index of letter : ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!?
   begin
    # Load special bitmap if found
    # Example: 201b_02 for the letter C
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s_%02d.png",species,ending,d)
   rescue
    # Load plain bitmap as usual (see below)
   end
  elsif isConst?(pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:ARCEUS)
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s_%02d.png",species,ending,pokemon.type)
  end
  return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(bitmapFileName)
 end
I forgot that the FileTest.exist? method doesn't work in encrypted archives. Luckily, poccil added an alternative (pbRgssExists?) which does. For this to work, you'll need to have updated to the newest version, though.
__________________
  #94    
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:33 AM
MykehDoom's Avatar
MykehDoom
Team Magma's Entei
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: GA
Age: 26
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to MykehDoom Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MykehDoom Send a message via Yahoo to MykehDoom
Your charsets are huge man, you should use my resized D/P charsets, PM me if your interested.
__________________

  #95    
Old December 10th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Crosell's Avatar
Crosell
Advanced Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Netherlands
Nature: Relaxed
Maybe something that explains how to play it would help.
haven't played any games for so long, forgot how RpgXp works.
So if somebody can explain hehe :p
Btw I really like this.
Buying pokes in a mart haha, funny :)
Good luck!

Edit: Nevermind about what I asked, it's working already.
I have seen some weird stuff though.
Flaro City have a bunaery and a chansey pre evo blocking your way.
Talk to one of them they jump up, and you can walk right underneath them.

Also the boat, the man on the left tells you, there not sailing, and suddenly I walk in the boat, and end up at a pokecenter.
Maybe these things are not known yet, maybe they are, just sharing :)

I like the game, it has a fun story, so good luck with everything!
__________________

I'll make a man out of you!

Last edited by Crosell; December 10th, 2008 at 05:00 AM.
  #96    
Old December 10th, 2008, 05:42 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Hey! Grat demo!
Just fix the bug that every Pokemon I see including mine is a question-mark.

And why didn't you insert your OW sprites and my sprite?
And what's THIS:

Why didn't you use my sprite? You didn't like it?
__________________
  #97    
Old December 10th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Wichu's Avatar
Wichu
Project Amethyst
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North Herts, England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Naive
Crosell: I believe it's arrow keys to move, C to select, X to cancel and bring up the menu, and Z to run.
__________________
  #98    
Old December 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM
PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Netherlands :)
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Ah, I think I know. I forgot to adapt the pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies script to work with encrypted archives. To fix it, replace the pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies in PokemonUtilities with this:
Code:
 def pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies(pokemon, species, back=false)
  if pokemon.egg?
   return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(
     sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/egg.png"))
  end
  ending=""
  ending+="f" if pokemon.gender==1 && pbRgssExists?(sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03df%s.png",species,back ? "b" : ""))
  ending+="s" if pokemon.isShiny?
  ending+="b" if back
  bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s.png",species,ending)
  if !pbRgssExists?(bitmapFileName)
   bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/000%s.png",ending)
  end
  if isConst?(pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:SPINDA) && !back
   bitmap=Bitmap.new(bitmapFileName)
   pbSpindaSpots(pokemon,bitmap)
  return bitmap
  elsif isConst?(pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:UNOWN)
   d=pokemon.personalID&3
   d|=((pokemon.personalID>>8)&3)<<2
   d|=((pokemon.personalID>>16)&3)<<4
   d|=((pokemon.personalID>>24)&3)<<6
   d%=28 # index of letter : ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!?
   begin
    # Load special bitmap if found
    # Example: 201b_02 for the letter C
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s_%02d.png",species,ending,d)
   rescue
    # Load plain bitmap as usual (see below)
   end
  elsif isConst?(pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:ARCEUS)
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s_%02d.png",species,ending,pokemon.type)
  end
  return BitmapCache.load_bitmap(bitmapFileName)
 end
I forgot that the FileTest.exist? method doesn't work in encrypted archives. Luckily, poccil added an alternative (pbRgssExists?) which does. For this to work, you'll need to have updated to the newest version, though.
OK thanks for your help wichu, I'll try it later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgtfan1988 View Post
Your charsets are huge man, you should use my resized D/P charsets, PM me if your interested.
I will! (also later I'm kinda bussy now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosell View Post
Maybe something that explains how to play it would help.
haven't played any games for so long, forgot how RpgXp works.
So if somebody can explain hehe :p
Btw I really like this.
Buying pokes in a mart haha, funny
Good luck!

Edit: Nevermind about what I asked, it's working already.
I have seen some weird stuff though.
Flaro City have a bunaery and a chansey pre evo blocking your way.
Talk to one of them they jump up, and you can walk right underneath them.

Also the boat, the man on the left tells you, there not sailing, and suddenly I walk in the boat, and end up at a pokecenter.
Maybe these things are not known yet, maybe they are, just sharing

I like the game, it has a fun story, so good luck with everything!
It has an explaination
mm the bunaery and happiny thing is new for me, will be fixed though!
Yeah knew about the boat already, it was for me to test if the event would work that way and I forgot to take it away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
Hey! Grat demo!
Just fix the bug that every Pokemon I see including mine is a question-mark.

And why didn't you insert your OW sprites and my sprite?
And what's THIS:

Why didn't you use my sprite? You didn't like it?
I do like it and I'm sooooo sorry I forgot to edit that
I already changed that so they'll be in the next demo!
And I hope you can make some more sprites for me when I have more new OW ready
PS: Can I add you to the team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Crosell: I believe it's arrow keys to move, C to select, X to cancel and bring up the menu, and Z to run.
Yeah that's true!

PoKéMaKeR
__________________
(Click for the thread)



Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

  #99    
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Tropical Sunlight's Avatar
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Slovenia
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
I do like it and I'm sooooo sorry I forgot to edit that
I already changed that so they'll be in the next demo!
And I hope you can make some more sprites for me when I have more new OW ready
PS: Can I add you to the team?
Hey it's okay (did you know how sad I was?!). Yeah, I can be in the team! Just send me a PM when you need me.
__________________
  #100    
Old December 16th, 2008, 02:04 PM
PoKéMaKeR's Avatar
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Netherlands :)
Gender:
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
Hey it's okay (did you know how sad I was?!). Yeah, I can be in the team! Just send me a PM when you need me.
I will but yeah as I said before (I think) I don't have much time due to personal matters including school..
So I will be working on rancher but on a lower pace..
Comments and critism is appriciated!

PoKéMaKeR
__________________
(Click for the thread)



Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.