The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 9th, 2008 (11:39 AM).
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Nice work minorthreat. I hope to see more of your excellent hack.
Old November 9th, 2008 (11:47 AM).
Griin.
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~link smash~ View Post
Nice work minorthreat. I hope to see more of your excellent hack.
This is not a hack -.-.
Minorthreat this is looking simply fantastic. I love the graphics and story its pretty interesting too. I'd love to see more of this amazing game.
Old November 10th, 2008 (08:33 PM).
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Nature: Adamant
Thanks for the comments guys!

Um not much is happening in the world of Iridium right now, mostly still tweaking the Chanticleer events, editing sprites, stuff like that. Hopefully there will be an update this week.

But let me cut to the chase about my reasons for posting! Two reasons really.

I want to let it be know that despite Riceeman joining the team as a spriter, I am still looking for a fakemon designer and one more Pokemon Spriter.

I also want to ask if anyone would like to help out with editing DP trainer sprites for the various trainers in the game.(until someone fills this position or I can make a decent edit myself most trainer sprites for key characters will be place holders.

Thank you sincerely!
Keep the comments coming, you guys have no idea how motivational they are to ghe development!

Thank you,
Minorthreat

Check out my DeviantArt account for info on my new project! Pokemon Tellurium.
My DeviantArt
Old November 11th, 2008 (04:32 AM).
Mitchman

*facepalms at the epic fail of a post that i made*
Hehe sorry bout that i got a bit confused! Anyway yay for riceman being your spriter!
Old November 13th, 2008 (06:07 PM).
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Well guys, I have been working diligently coding the beginning events to work as perfectly and flowing as smoothly as they should. So there isn't too much to show but I wanted to show off a few screens of the first events in the game, your kidnapping.

As you can see in the screens there are two new characters introduced, Mr. Cedar(who will later be important on a quest that I have planned), and one of your Rivals(debating on whether you will get to name this rival or not). Both of these people have been kidnapped by Team Chaos aswell, what are their motives for kidnapping all three of you? You will have to wait for a demo to come out to really figure out why.
I'm currently working on the next events in the story and the introduction of one of the first "corrupt" charaters in the game. So expect screens of that eventing sometime in the near future.

I hope you enjoy the screens and be sure to leave a comment or two if you stop by and take the time to read the post.

Thanks a bunch!
Minor

My DeviantArt
Old November 13th, 2008 (07:02 PM).
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Wow! Great update!
I love those screenshot so much! Good job!
Keep it up!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 13th, 2008 (08:44 PM).
Soul.//Silver

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
I hope you enjoy the screens and be sure to leave a comment or two if you stop by and take the time to read the post.
I'm absolutely drooling over the screens xD. I can't wait for the demo. "Keeps staring at wonderful screens". Good luck with the rest of Iridium. (Can't stop staring xD)
Old November 13th, 2008 (08:55 PM).
varial295
A pokemon researcher

when u gonna release this **** its good!
Old November 13th, 2008 (11:59 PM).
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Nice update. I spy two errors, though~
I think there should be an exclamation mark, or at least a comma, after "Hey boss". Or better still, change it to just "Boss!".
Also, there's a tile error with the spikes on the right side of the building.
Old November 14th, 2008 (05:26 AM).
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Nice update. I spy two errors, though~
I think there should be an exclamation mark, or at least a comma, after "Hey boss". Or better still, change it to just "Boss!".
Also, there's a tile error with the spikes on the right side of the building.
Haha! The spike error has been fixed(stupid layerd trees forced me to use lots of priority settings in the tileset). And thanks for pointing out the boss error, I get bored playing the same event coding over and over again to make sure it works smoothly that I usual don't read the text.

I was working on planning out different events for the game and I think I came up with a lot of awesome stuff. Lots of little events to demonstrate how the region of Iriho has become so corrupt with this plauge. Be warned there will be a lot of people who you would never think are corrupt, that actually are.

I also have finished planning the backbone of the story, and let me tell you, I have decided that Iridium will be very action packed and long. I'll say only this: You may think that its like all other Pokemon games, fight the evil team to end a their plan. While this is true, there's a whole new twist to the game that will change the story, the plauge gets worse, and there is a "legend" that can save all of Iriho...

Anyway,
Thanks for the comments. I love positive comments! :D

Sincerely,
Minor

My DeviantArt
Old November 14th, 2008 (12:54 PM).
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Wow Minorthreat... this is looking much better than it did, I am impressed, I really can't wait to see more, good luck!

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old November 15th, 2008 (02:39 PM).
Exiled~Shadow
Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow

Send a message via Yahoo to Exiled~Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Exiled~Shadow
It all looks very good Monorthreat0987 but i am very disapointed to see that you have used the name of my pokemon professor... you dont have to change it but please ask before doing somthing like that again.....

An untold tale of the high seas...
A tale of the dawn of exploration...
A tale that spans time...
A tale, never told before...

Pokémon: Age of Exploration
Coming Soon...

~~~~

Old November 15th, 2008 (02:45 PM).
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Hasn't Pokemon Iridium been around longer then your game JJ....
(Plot and story idea)

Did you ever think that you used his professors name?
Old November 15th, 2008 (02:58 PM).
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMcay View Post
It all looks very good Monorthreat0987 but i am very disapointed to see that you have used the name of my pokemon professor... you dont have to change it but please ask before doing somthing like that again.....
Okay for one thing, your professor's name is AspRen, and mine is Aspen(without an R), so I have not stolen your Professors name anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers08 View Post
Hasn't Pokemon Iridium been around longer then your game JJ....
(Plot and story idea)

Did you ever think that you used his professors name?
Yes you are correct Blazer, the first Iridium thread was started in February of 2008 and had been in development since February of 2007, so technically JJ stole my professors name, but its a name, I have no rights over whether he calls is professor Aspren or not, nor do I really care much.

Anyway, I have some new scripts set up, and new interface graphics for the the Pokemon Summary Screen, I'll hopefully show pictures of them soon.

My DeviantArt
Old November 15th, 2008 (03:23 PM).
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Excellent new screenshots, Minorthreat! This is looking more and more amazing every time I visit this thread. I especially like the sprites used in the game. The 'Team Chaos' people look wonderful, and the hero is alright.

Good luck with Iridium, Minorthreat! =)
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old November 15th, 2008 (04:31 PM).
thedudemister
Pokemon: New Order

It looks great. I love the new overworlds.
Old November 15th, 2008 (07:42 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
OMG! Wow.... I'm so glad the game is back!
It's looking better than ever!
Keep up the amazing work, it's so beautiful :,D
Old November 15th, 2008 (08:30 PM).
Exiled~Shadow
Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow

Send a message via Yahoo to Exiled~Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Exiled~Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorthreat0987 View Post
Okay for one thing, your professor's name is AspRen, and mine is Aspen(without an R), so I have not stolen your Professors name anyway.

Yes you are correct Blazer, the first Iridium thread was started in February of 2008 and had been in development since February of 2007, so technically JJ stole my professors name, but its a name, I have no rights over whether he calls is professor Aspren or not, nor do I really care much.

Anyway, I have some new scripts set up, and new interface graphics for the the Pokemon Summary Screen, I'll hopefully show pictures of them soon.

sorry man... i just looked at the date of your first post so i assumed u started then...

An untold tale of the high seas...
A tale of the dawn of exploration...
A tale that spans time...
A tale, never told before...

Pokémon: Age of Exploration
Coming Soon...

~~~~

Old November 20th, 2008 (11:47 PM).
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely
Come on guys, we need comments! Minorthreat, maybe a little update to keep the masses happy might be in order...
Old November 21st, 2008 (12:58 PM).
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Well there isn't much to show off. I have just overcome a road block that prevented any coding to progress so I have been mapping.

Here is a screen from Route 298

And Here is a screen from the Pokemon Summary screen

Thats really all I have got done lately, besides the female trainer's overworld, but I don't want to show that quite yet. I also have been working with Riceeman getting a few new pokemon for the game, including a new grass starter to replace Florotan, which I will show off shortly.

I am currently looking for someone who can come up with Movesets, base stats, and Pokedex entrys for the new pokemon of Iriho, please pm me and we will talk. Also if anyone knows away to make new crys for the pokemon please pm me.

Sorry there isn't much. Since I have everything writen out storywise up to Arborvitae City, I will hopefully be able to code some of it in soon and have something worth while to show screens of.

I hope this holds people over!
Sincerely,
Minorthreat

My DeviantArt
Old November 21st, 2008 (01:06 PM).
Mitchman

Aha that pokemon screen looks nice and custom. The hero sprite looks familiar somehow but anyway i wish you luck like always!
Old November 21st, 2008 (04:34 PM).
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Excellent updates, Minorthreat! I'm definitely glad this is making progress, and it is very appealing to the eye! The only thing I find a little bit out of place or needs a bit of tweaking is the wild Pokémon grass.

Good luck with Iridium. :D
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old November 22nd, 2008 (11:39 AM).
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Yeah, I gave up on custom grass for a little while and just switched back to Kyle's grass tile.

Now, this was the update I had origially wanted to post!

And Introducing IGWONO, the new Grass Starter:

Please don't steal

I hope you enjoy the screens! And post comments if you stop by, I'm still coding events, and working with Riceeman on new pokemon! So watch the thread, you never know when there will be an update!

Sincerely,
Minor

My DeviantArt
Old November 22nd, 2008 (12:46 PM).
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Wow! Very nice new screenshots and updates, Minorthreat! I really like how you show just small progress of each small event in the towns and cities of the game. This game is looking a lot better. Good luck.
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old November 22nd, 2008 (12:48 PM).
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

This looks real cool man.
Can't wait to see some more!

(It looks a lot better then your original Iridium) =)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links