The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 29th, 2009, 07:10 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
... You should move Sabrina farther down on the 'plate' so she's closer to you...
I noticed and It's already been fixed. Thanx.
Old March 29th, 2009, 07:53 AM
BurstX
Some old fart

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to BurstX
Hey OI, i tried to edit the water evo a smidge. Im still not really happy with the pose but ill keep trying.
Old March 29th, 2009, 07:57 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KageX View Post
Hey OI, i tried to edit the water evo a smidge. Im still not really happy with the pose but ill keep trying.
I like the head lol leave that the way it is. The colors seem fine too. The Pose can be complicating cant it? I mean the pose wouldnt look bad at all if there was more to him like blastoise has the Guns on his back.
Old March 29th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
The Fakemon in your sig looks great!
Good luck!
Old March 29th, 2009, 10:08 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Watermelon View Post
The Fakemon in your sig looks great!
Good luck!
THANX! Pancybloom is one of my favorites aswell. It's one of the Newest pokemon to enter the game!. View the first post to see more that came along with pancybloom lol. But yea thanx alot.
Old March 29th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
The only suggestion i have for the final evo that kage edited, his left arm. The black at the top shouldn't be their. Otherwise it looks like the wing isn't attached to him, ya know? I would just take that black outline off, and it would look great.
Old March 29th, 2009, 10:14 AM
BurstX
Some old fart

I fixed it a little, any better?
Old March 29th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

I would take a few more off, but yes, it looks awesome :]
Old March 29th, 2009, 11:16 AM
LynnCreed
Mime Jr.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LynnCreed
I redid your grass starter. If you like I can fix-up your other fakemons too. I need the practice. Not trying to show up your current artist or anything though. ^.^'

Things I fixed:

your artist goes around the black boarder with the dark green which doesn't look natural. i made it look more like there was a light shining on it.

the front legs had two different shapes and it looked like the chest was sticking out in front/over them.

the tail looked like somebody would have had to do physical harm to the pokemon to get it to bend at that angle.

the back feet looked very stubby.

again, not trying to diss, just providing constructive criticism. if you'd like me to fix up your fakemon send me a pm. I'm not skilled enough to make any from scratch though. (offer's out there for anyone, if anyone else would like help with their fakemon sprites) I need the practice so I can get better at spriting.

I'm back!
Old March 29th, 2009, 11:29 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnCreed View Post
I redid your grass starter. If you like I can fix-up your other fakemons too. I need the practice. Not trying to show up your current artist or anything though. ^.^'

Things I fixed:

your artist goes around the black boarder with the dark green which doesn't look natural. i made it look more like there was a light shining on it.

the front legs had two different shapes and it looked like the chest was sticking out in front/over them.

the tail looked like somebody would have had to do physical harm to the pokemon to get it to bend at that angle.

again, not trying to diss, just providing constructive criticism. if you'd like me to fix up your fakemon send me a pm. I'm not skilled enough to make any from scratch though. (offer's out there for anyone, if anyone else would like help with their fakemon sprites) I need the practice so I can get better at spriting.
Well I'll be keeping the current sprite I'm using but thatnx for the offer. Maybe make a post in neo's new thread. I think that is for people looking for work. I wouldn't wanna waist your time redoing the sprites since thats one of our main focuses right now. But again Thanx.
Old March 29th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Mystery Soul
Idea Ghost

Send a message via AIM to Mystery Soul
Lol. Sabrina the druken master XD The game's looking great, OI!
Old March 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Fox♠
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox♠
Quote:

Things I fixed:

1) thank you for editing my work without my permission, I just love it when people do that.

2) you broke its back, nothing has a back that is one straight line, especially my sprite.

3) it's tail is bent like that because it's like a vine

4) The backlegs were edits of sheildon, so if you want to tell Nintendo about anatomy, be my guest.

5) Don't edit my stuff without asking, thats totally taking the piss.

I would of accepted your comments and probably tried to see where you were coming from if you hadn;t gone and taken my work without permission, don't ever do it. ever.
Old March 29th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Hey foxhound go easy on him lol.
Even though he did destroy your sprite =), he was just trying to help.
just hopefully he apologizes. =)
Old March 29th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Vannah☆
Proud Spriter of Torzach ^_^

Quote:

Well, I love the face, but all in all, maybe the rest of the body should be altered from the original sprite. Maybe we should add something. The feet on both this and the original sprite bug me for some reason as well... And from the very beginning it's bugged me that we have a penguin/water starter since that's already been done by the actual games. Hmm.
Old March 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Soul View Post
Lol. Sabrina the druken master XD The game's looking great, OI!
lol yea Shes a freakin trip lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxHound! View Post
1) thank you for editing my work without my permission, I just love it when people do that.

2) you broke its back, nothing has a back that is one straight line, especially my sprite.

4) The backlegs were edits of sheildon, so if you want to tell Nintendo about anatomy, be my guest.

I would of accepted your comments and probably tried to see where you were coming from if you hadn;t gone and taken my work without permission, don't ever do it. ever.
Calm down bro I think he wont do it again lol I politely told him they were being redone already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannah08510 View Post
Well, I love the face, but all in all, maybe the rest of the body should be altered from the original sprite. Maybe we should add something. The feet on both this and the original sprite bug me for some reason as well... And from the very beginning it's bugged me that we have a penguin/water starter since that's already been done by the actual games. Hmm.
So what? A penguin is a Penguin. Thats like saying oh well We already have a pidgey why the hell should we make a starly. Were sticking with the Penguin though dude.
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Actually, it's not really similar to the starly/pidgey thing.
There are... 12 starters..
You could have chosen ANY other sort of creature to be your water starter. But you chose a penguin, which has already been done. there are 12 things taken, you couldn't have thought of some other creature out of the 8744634 creatures that exist?
It just seems kinda like a dumb move there.

I'm completely fine with it, it's just a fan game. But it would have been a better choice to choose some other animal. Like a sea serpent, or a sting ray ... It's not like it's to late to change anyway.
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:14 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
Actually, it's not really similar to the starly/pidgey thing.
There are... 12 starters..
You could have chosen ANY other sort of creature to be your water starter. But you chose a penguin, which has already been done. there are 12 things taken, you couldn't have thought of some other creature out of the 8744634 creatures that exist?
It just seems kinda like a dumb move there.

I'm completely fine with it, it's just a fan game. But it would have been a better choice to choose some other animal. Like a sea serpent, or a sting ray ... It's not like it's to late to change anyway.
No its not but I've kinda already made up my mind.
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:49 PM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Quote:

How come the orange doesn't run up the hole left wing?
Old March 29th, 2009, 07:03 PM
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux
Community Supporter

I think i am going to make a whole tileset for Malachite soon with like 6 houses, 2 big buildings, and some more nature stuff. Well if you'd like, I think it would be fun and nice for the hack though

Since I am on the team I felt I need to do more and want to do more :D

Mystic still in work to let you know...
Old March 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM
LynnCreed
Mime Jr.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LynnCreed
Quote:

Chill out. I didn't realise I needed your permission to edit your work. It's not like I'm going to use it. >.> You don't need to get angry with me when all I'm doing, as I said, was offering constructive criticism. Try taking it a little better next time. It's not meant to be a personal insult or something. I edited it it b/c it's easier to show you what I'm talking about than just making a bunch of comments with no reference point.

I straightened the back because it looked like it had a tail and no butt. Like a frog with a tail instead of a reptile.

Make it more obvious that it's a VINE. Try a different shade of green or actually showing more of it so it's easy to tell what it is. you've hidden it behind the dino. Plus it looks like it's coming out of the back of the leg a little bit too.

I really don't understand why it bothers you for me to edit your stuff.

The back legs looked stubby to me compared to the front. they look fine on Sheildon b/c Sheildon has stubby front legs.

And I'm female (for those of you saying 'he'). >.>

I'm back!

Last edited by LynnCreed; March 29th, 2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Likewise
Bye.

Oh god I have to post...
Okay well, the final evo of the water starter, it just seems so unoriginal, this game is so original graphics wise, I don't see why it even came across your mind to use that design, it really doesn't differ from empolean too much, the wings are a lot like empoleans and the head resembles it too.
Since your mind is made up on using a penguin, please use foxhounds original design.(no offence to kagex, the sprite itself is great.)
It's such a great contrast to empoleans slow, beefy defensive design, it shows a new angle of the awesome animal that is the penguin.xD
But that's just me~
Bye to all my friends, I'll still be talking to you on msn.
Old March 30th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Fox♠
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox♠
Quote:
Chill out. I didn't realise I needed your permission to edit your work. It's not like I'm going to use it. >.> You don't need to get angry with me when all I'm doing, as I said, was offering constructive criticism. Try taking it a little better next time. It's not meant to be a personal insult or something.
Don't talk to me as if I don't understand what CC is, I;m one of only a handful of members with the "critics eye" emblem. I wasn't angry at what you said, I was angry at the fact you destroyed my sprite.

Quote:
Make it more obvious that it's a VINE. Try a different shade of green or actually showing more of it so it's easy to tell what it is. you've hidden it behind the dino. Plus it looks like it's coming out of the back of the leg a little bit too.
Maybe because it is, you know, behind it's body? And no, changing its coluring will positively ruin it. I agree with the backleg bit, and will fix it for it;s rerelease tomorrow.

Quote:
Because
a) it;s mine, i worked on it, specifically for OI, the only person outside of myself and OI with permission to edit any of my Malachite sprites is KageX, and he always is polite enough to talk to me about it first.
b) because as stated by another member, you destroyed my sprite, never mind "fixed it".
Quote:
The back legs looked stubby to me compared to the front. they look fine on Sheildon b/c Sheildon has stubby front legs.
So does our starter, problem with that?
Triceritops, the animal our starter is based on, had larger hind legs, but since triceritops is a huge animal, and our starter isn't, it only makes sense to make the forelegs stub like, and the hind legs slightly bigger.
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:10 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Teh Panda~ View Post
I think i am going to make a whole tileset for Malachite soon with like 6 houses, 2 big buildings, and some more nature stuff. Well if you'd like, I think it would be fun and nice for the hack though

Since I am on the team I felt I need to do more and want to do more :D
Sure go ahead. Just dont do anything too dark remember Malachite has a tropical feel. If I remember correctly that was the only proble I had with the gym. it was too dark.
Quote:
Chill out. I didn't realise I needed your permission to edit your work. It's not like I'm going to use it. >.> You don't need to get angry with me when all I'm doing, as I said, was offering constructive criticism. Try taking it a little better next time. It's not meant to be a personal insult or something. I edited it it b/c it's easier to show you what I'm talking about than just making a bunch of comments with no reference point.

I straightened the back because it looked like it had a tail and no butt. Like a frog with a tail instead of a reptile.

And I'm female (for those of you saying 'he'). >.>
Sorry for the 'he' My bad.
Quote:
Don't talk to me as if I don't understand what CC is, I;m one of only a handful of members with the "critics eye" emblem. I wasn't angry at what you said, I was angry at the fact you destroyed my sprite.

Maybe because it is, you know, behind it's body? And no, changing its coluring will positively ruin it. I agree with the backleg bit, and will fix it for it;s rerelease tomorrow.

Because
a) it;s mine, i worked on it, specifically for OI, the only person outside of myself and OI with permission to edit any of my Malachite sprites is KageX, and he always is polite enough to talk to me about it first.
b) because as stated by another member, you destroyed my sprite, never mind "fixed it".

So does our starter, problem with that?
Triceritops, the animal our starter is based on, had larger hind legs, but since triceritops is a huge animal, and our starter isn't, it only makes sense to make the forelegs stub like, and the hind legs slightly bigger.
Eh....Please calm down this is over no more explaining is needed.
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:22 PM
BurstX
Some old fart

Hey OI! I decided to edit the fire starter a little. Also i have its evo and ill probably finish the final evolution today.
Old March 30th, 2009, 02:48 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Hey OI! I decided to edit the fire starter a little. Also i have its evo and ill probably finish the final evolution today.
Dude that lloks really awesome man! If you do the final evo could you just repose it not change the appearance? Thou I really like how you did this though man. Really great work. Oh also a=could you PM me the stuff from now on? kinda spoils the surprise lol. again excellent.

Sponsored Links