Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 11th, 2009 (02:33 PM).
shinylugia249
I'm back

oh ok dude, I really can't read that language but I trust you (I ripped my tv from platinum).

You've waited and now we're back!

Stay tuned!

Stuff that i've been kepping secret from PC.
Old May 11th, 2009 (02:53 PM).
Semblance
Trainer

The update looked sick, keep up the good work!
Old May 11th, 2009 (03:56 PM).
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Umm, SKY BATTLES!!! Who sprited those new water starters btw? They don't look quite as good as some of the other ones... The design is really nice though
Old May 11th, 2009 (04:17 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Hmm, you should really stop creating so much hype for your updates. Because this one wasn't as impressive as you made it seem it was going to be.

Who's doing the fakemon? They could use a lot of work, aside from what Alistair said, they use way to much black on the outline. And like, they just look odd in general. The concepts are decent, but some are weird. The ice cream one isn't a very good idea in my opinion. I can't tell at all what the legendaries are suppose to be either.

The map was pretty good though, i like what you did with the water.

Like others have said, the TV screen needs to be, lightened or whatever.

The new menu looks... decent, I just don't like the color choices. I think it would be better to just go with one background color for the symbols. And also, you made some grammatical errors. the é's weren't accented. lol. And the P on the first "Pokédex" isn't capitalized. Or on the 2nd "Pokémon"

Well, there's my 2 cents worth...
Old May 11th, 2009 (04:39 PM).
mulch_ar
What should I type here?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mulch_ar
Great Update there, POI. But what happened with the water starter? I'm missing the old one. The final starter looks great, but the first two looks kinda strange. Hope that helps, Good Luck with Malachite

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 11th, 2009 (05:00 PM).
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
I must say, That update was quite large, but I must also make comment on a few things myself. My only regard really is the fakemon, as AR stated, to much black is used for the outlines and some of them dont have much shading inside, but I do like the concepts. The penguin starter(in my opinion) looks much bettter, especially the final Evolution...Perhaps on the second one you'd like to explain where the Ice is going to be coming from in the final however? I saw very little connection in that. Also the gym leaders look great, but try making them a little more original...It just seems like parts were taken off others and copied and pasted onto others...I guess I can't say much since I do that too I guess lol but those badges are excellent. I love the mansion vid though that's for sure...will the Haunter be moving? or are they still for a reason?
Old May 15th, 2009 (06:55 PM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by shinylugia249:
oh ok dude, I really can't read that language but I trust you (I ripped my tv from platinum).
Mhm.
Quote originally posted by Semblance:
The update looked sick, keep up the good work!
Thanx alot. Sorry if it was disappointing.
Quote originally posted by GFA:
Umm, SKY BATTLES!!! Who sprited those new water starters btw? They don't look quite as good as some of the other ones... The design is really nice though
Pikachu'500 did. I really like them though. Thanx for your comment.
Quote originally posted by Atomic Reactor:
Hmm, you should really stop creating so much hype for your updates. Because this one wasn't as impressive as you made it seem it was going to be.

Who's doing the fakemon? They could use a lot of work, aside from what Alistair said, they use way to much black on the outline. And like, they just look odd in general. The concepts are decent, but some are weird. The ice cream one isn't a very good idea in my opinion. I can't tell at all what the legendaries are suppose to be either.

The map was pretty good though, i like what you did with the water.

Like others have said, the TV screen needs to be, lightened or whatever.

The new menu looks... decent, I just don't like the color choices. I think it would be better to just go with one background color for the symbols. And also, you made some grammatical errors. the é's weren't accented. lol. And the P on the first "Pokédex" isn't capitalized. Or on the 2nd "Pokémon"

Well, there's my 2 cents worth...
Sorry if it was over "Hyped" It may have seemed that way only because I had to cancel it numerous times. All the grammatical errors will be fixed too. Thanx for your advice.
Quote originally posted by mulch_ar:
Great Update there, POI. But what happened with the water starter? I'm missing the old one. The final starter looks great, but the first two looks kinda strange. Hope that helps, Good Luck with Malachite
Thanx for the comment dude. I'm glad you like the final evo.
Quote originally posted by <~F.M.P~>:
I must say, That update was quite large, but I must also make comment on a few things myself. My only regard really is the fakemon, as AR stated, to much black is used for the outlines and some of them dont have much shading inside, but I do like the concepts. The penguin starter(in my opinion) looks much bettter, especially the final Evolution...Perhaps on the second one you'd like to explain where the Ice is going to be coming from in the final however? I saw very little connection in that. Also the gym leaders look great, but try making them a little more original...It just seems like parts were taken off others and copied and pasted onto others...I guess I can't say much since I do that too I guess lol but those badges are excellent. I love the mansion vid though that's for sure...will the Haunter be moving? or are they still for a reason?
I will work on these things. Also the haunter and ghastly do move. I dont know if its seen in the vid though. But yes the move you may have noticed me trying to avoid a few.

Sorry for my absence people. I had some connection problems but now its fixed. I should be more active now. Though I kinda enjoyed the break.
Old May 15th, 2009 (07:24 PM).
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
So, your attacked by wild Pokemon (Gastly and Haunter) in the Gym?
Old May 15th, 2009 (07:41 PM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote originally posted by GFA:
So, your attacked by wild Pokemon (Gastly and Haunter) in the Gym?
Yeah but they are visible. So you'll be able to see them. But unlike in the video there will be alot. I just defeated most of them and the butler and went to the pokecenter before recording. The Ghastly and Haunter are meant to replace the trainers in the gyms. I'm hoping to make all the gyms as unique.
Old May 16th, 2009 (01:18 AM).
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
So... we are facing lvl 5 wild haunters and a lvl 9 gengar and spiritomb? That don't seem to be alright. At least use first stage ghost pokémon, like misdreavus, shuppet etc...
Old May 16th, 2009 (06:45 AM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote originally posted by ~JV~:
So... we are facing lvl 5 wild haunters and a lvl 9 gengar and spiritomb? That don't seem to be alright. At least use first stage ghost pokémon, like misdreavus, shuppet etc...
I dont know if I put it in the youtube description but plz dont pay attention any levels.
Old May 19th, 2009 (02:14 PM).
~Night
~!~Miss Cow~!~

Quote originally posted by PokemonOI:
Yeah but they are visible. So you'll be able to see them. But unlike in the video there will be alot. I just defeated most of them and the butler and went to the pokecenter before recording. The Ghastly and Haunter are meant to replace the trainers in the gyms. I'm hoping to make all the gyms as unique.
Oh, good idea! So does this mean all the gyms going to have this, or is it going to be each with their own special thing??? If it's the second, then I can't wait to see what the other gyms do.

~Night

Old May 19th, 2009 (02:21 PM).
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

I suggest not using gengar.
Use up to haunter. and first stages of ghosts.
It's a bit overwhelming to run into a gengar if you ask me.
Old May 19th, 2009 (04:15 PM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote originally posted by ~Night:
Oh, good idea! So does this mean all the gyms going to have this, or is it going to be each with their own special thing??? If it's the second, then I can't wait to see what the other gyms do.

~Night
Yes I plan for each gym to have their own special thing. I'm already planning the second one. I really like this one too!
Quote originally posted by Blazers:
Well You dont run into gengar The gym leader is the one using it.

Also Guys I have some really bad news. It would seem that a demo has once again pulled away from us. It really is not my fault but I guess you can put the blame on me. Fox who was apart of the team until today has pulled himself and all his sprites and ideas out of the project. Unfortunately Fox stopped doing anything and so I had another spriter that is apart of the team do the things he was not. So The fact that I didnt wait on him and had to get things done pushed him to do this. So now I must go back and change the things fox has helped with in the game. Unless I can find a way around this. I dont wanna be called a thief so the best thing for project malachite to do is to change the things he's done. I'm really sorry about this. This is a big blow to the game right now but I hope to patch it up. Even though this seems kinda childish to do I really do wish fox good luck with any future projects. PEACE!
Old May 19th, 2009 (04:35 PM).
Fox♠
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox♠
Quote originally posted by PokemonOI:
Also Guys I have some really bad news. It would seem that a demo has once again pulled away from us. It really is not my fault but I guess you can put the blame on me. Fox who was apart of the team until today has pulled himself and all his sprites and ideas out of the project. Unfortunately Fox stopped doing anything and so I had another spriter that is apart of the team do the things he was not. So The fact that I didnt wait on him and had to get things done pushed him to do this. So now I must go back and change the things fox has helped with in the game. Unless I can find a way around this. I dont wanna be called a thief so the best thing for project malachite to do is to change the things he's done. I'm really sorry about this. This is a big blow to the game right now but I hope to patch it up. Even though this seems kinda childish to do I really do wish fox good luck with any future projects.:classic: PEACE!
I don't want to go into details over it here, as it's a private matter. But it wasn't about you not waiting for me to do things, it was about you getting me to do stuff which you then just discard anyway. Good luck with the rest of the game.
Old May 19th, 2009 (05:08 PM).
varial295
A pokemon researcher

but wont it be alrite to catch a gengar in the wild like in the anime?
i mean that would be so chill to catch a wild gengar or a wild alakazam know what im saying?
Old May 20th, 2009 (07:57 AM).
G@Br!eL
Casual Game Developer

Nice game!
Keep your good work!
Old May 20th, 2009 (01:15 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

I'm pretty sure Blazers was talking about the gym leaders Gengar -_-

And I agree, a low leveled Final evo seems kinda dumb. The most he should have would probably be a haunter.
And Fox, I know what you mean, he's done that a few other times -_-
Old May 20th, 2009 (01:36 PM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote originally posted by Fox♠:
I don't want to go into details over it here, as it's a private matter. But it wasn't about you not waiting for me to do things, it was about you getting me to do stuff which you then just discard anyway. Good luck with the rest of the game.
Thanx.
Quote originally posted by G@Br!eL:
Nice game!
Keep your good work!
Thanx.
I'm pretty sure Blazers was talking about the gym leaders Gengar

And I agree, a low leveled Final evo seems kinda dumb. The most he should have would probably be a haunter.
And Fox, I know what you mean, he's done that a few other times
I dont see whats the big deal though. I only change things to what I think looks better for the game. I cant really remember the few other times, mind refreshing my memory?
Old May 20th, 2009 (03:28 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Blazers has made a few things for you, and you decided not to use them.
I resized you gym leader, and after watching the video, I have not seen any evidence of you using it. Even though you said you would.

If your going to have people make things, don't lie to them about you planning on using it. Tell them what it needs improvement on, or be honest and tell them you have no interest in using it.

It's what a mature and polite person would do.
Old May 20th, 2009 (03:46 PM).
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Yeah honestly. I don't like sending Pm's and not getting a respond back.
I don't care how bad it is or what ever. I just would like to feel noticed?
Ya feel me?
Old May 20th, 2009 (03:52 PM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Blazers has made a few things for you, and you decided not to use them.
I resized you gym leader, and after watching the video, I have not seen any evidence of you using it. Even though you said you would.

If your going to have people make things, don't lie to them about you planning on using it. Tell them what it needs improvement on, or be honest and tell them you have no interest in using it.

It's what a mature and polite person would do.
Blazers made the zapchu sprite which everyone said was not good at all. I think even you said so.The next point. Did I not say that the Video was taken a while ago? Ever guess it was before you resized the sprite? I dont lie to people ask the people who are actually on the team. they know I'll tell them when something is wrong
Yeah honestly. I don't like sending Pm's and not getting a respond back.
I don't care how bad it is or what ever. I just would like to feel noticed?
Ya feel me?
yeah no idea what your talking about. I respond to whatever pm I get unless its stupid. If I dont reply why not assume there was a problem and resend it or ask me did I get it?
Old May 20th, 2009 (05:04 PM).
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

He's made you another sprite before.
It wasn't just zapchu.

And yes, you bring up a good point. But it would have made more sense to reshoot the video with the resized sprite, or at least edit your signature? That way I don't feel like my time was completely wasted.

And some people don't wanna resend a message, to avoid feeling like a nuisance. ya know?
Old May 20th, 2009 (05:10 PM).
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

He's made you another sprite before.
It wasn't just zapchu.

And yes, you bring up a good point. But it would have made more sense to reshoot the video with the resized sprite, or at least edit your signature? That way I don't feel like my time was completely wasted.

And some people don't wanna resend a message, to avoid feeling like a nuisance. ya know?
Um ok A_R. I dont really wanna argue so ok. Anyway people starting this weekend I'll Be redoing some stuff and beginning a new search for a spriter to replace Fox. I'm also gonna post the contest that was meant to be in the update.
Old May 20th, 2009 (05:26 PM).
BurstX
Some old fart

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to BurstX
hey you might want to look for 2 spriters, im taking a leave of absence from spriting i got finals and such so sorry amigo but i be leaving the team peaceeee

Sponsored Links