The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Vanitas~
Ink Blot

Nature: Bold
I would agree with ~JV~. I like the idea of having Ivy. Plus, in addition to his reasoning, I'm fairly sure that no one has ever included Ivy into anything except for games based around the OI. Hey, is that what the OI stands for in your name? XD
Old September 4th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evilpkmn
Evilmad says Bonjour

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evilpkmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
This Idea and the scuba gear Idea will be one of my choices I'm sure of. Thanx for the advice.

Thank you! especially coming from someone who makes beautiful tiles and maps very well. Yea it is set as a fog and like I said before. I'm really working on the fog moving properly. Right now its moving at a rapid speed lol trying to fix it though.
The clouds's move speed in RMXP should be 4 in x and y (I hope you'll understand).
Old September 4th, 2009, 06:39 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by lx_theo View Post
The problem with it I have is that Ivy is a Anime only professor. But that's just a matter of opinion on where a person crosses the line on whats canon where.
Well why not take her from being anime only and put her in a game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3h Kaiser View Post
I'm with Ix_theo on this one, personally. I'm the kind of guy who likes his anime and game canon to be nice and separate. I can see the need for a sort of "temporary" Professor, given Hackberry's absence, but Ivy might be a bit out of place.
Yea I understand. Who do you suppose would fit in that place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
I don't see why not. Any professor would be fine really.
Yea and I see Ivy and her in the orange islands as a great connection to the Insula islands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
Good idea, since Insula is a tropical/archipelago region, it makes more sense that Professor Ivy, who is from the Orange Islands to be there instead of other professor =p.
My thoughts exactly man. she could be there studying the new pokemon of the region. she could be the one to give you the pokedex to research the pokemon of the new region. Kinda fits, no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Memory of Number XIV View Post
I would agree with ~JV~. I like the idea of having Ivy. Plus, in addition to his reasoning, I'm fairly sure that no one has ever included Ivy into anything except for games based around the OI. Hey, is that what the OI stands for in your name? XD
Yep! I think I'm gonna do it. I already have started eventing when the player meets the new professor so I think Ivy will be it. and yes my friend OI in my name is Orange islands. A little fact is that I planned on doing a game based on them when I first came here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilpkmn View Post
The clouds's move speed in RMXP should be 4 in x and y (I hope you'll understand).
I dont quite understand....
Old September 4th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
He means that in the fog settings, change the x and y values to 4.
Old September 5th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Evilpkmn
Evilmad says Bonjour

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evilpkmn
This is Exaclty that !
Values in fog settings....
Old September 5th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Freak A
Back !!!

Ivy might not have a lab but maybe she is only here to do some kind of experiment on something that team mare is also after and that something could lie in a cave or someplace where you pass through and help Ivy through before team mare.

That is just a thought though Ivy could be around for anything you like

and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
Old September 5th, 2009, 11:28 AM
zirico
M.C.F.C

Nature: Quirky
Wow, this game has come so far in such a short time, I love your Battle backgrounds and Sprites.
Old September 5th, 2009, 03:50 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Thanks to everyone that commented! I pay attention to them all. But I know you guys probably wont like this....but, its that time again. Its update time and hell I must say as far as Malachite goes, this is pretty epic and awesome progress. Before I step right into it I want to Give Pikachu'500 of the team all the credit for this. she really did great work putting this together! Here you'll see final versions of the starters, which I must say you may have a hard time choosing which to have because they all are great. Final versions of Multiple Pokemon. New pokemon can be seen here aswell as old pokemon having revamps. We left out a few and that is entirely my fault. I forgot to get them to pikachu'500. Anywho the second part of the update is The video of Duke's hometown. I'm kinda disappointed by it but hey....Pay only attention to the town, not the Battle. Well lets get on with it! Here is the Video:

Yeah thanks to the help of you guys I found out how to slow the clouds down!
.....Now what you all really wanna see:
Pokemon Malachite Insula Dex(Incomplete, but almost there)

These are the pokemon that were left out of the dex. They'll be added soon and it'll be update. Let me know please let me know what are your favorite ones!

I personally have fallen in love with the Final Stage of the Kluckix Family! Thats the Chicken evo line

By the way, The first post has been updated with tons of goodies!
Old September 5th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Exiled~Shadow
Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Exiled~Shadow Send a message via Skype™ to Exiled~Shadow
Well, i must say, the standard of your sprites and designs has cirtanly taken a step up a level since the last time i saw them. Allthough some are still pretty poor. I really like the Robin evo line 1st stage evo of the Bug/Electric type and the Ring tail lemur fakemon at the bottom of the dex and also the Tropius prevo. Good job.

An untold tale of the high seas...
A tale of the dawn of exploration...
A tale that spans time...
A tale, never told before...

Pokémon: Age of Exploration
Coming Soon...

~~~~

Old September 5th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Vanitas~
Ink Blot

That lemur Pokemon is from Torzach. It's Illime. I'd recognize it anywhere.

Anyway, on to the C&C. They are all fairly good. There are a few, though that could use some work. I don't really know what to say, though. I guess I'll stick with the two or three main ones. My first biggee is the Rock/Dragon first and second form. They just look.... plain, as well as odd. They don't have enough shading, for starters. The next line would be the Electric dog duo. They look too flat. Shading is another problem. And finally, the Rock/Ground Muk. I just plain don't like that one. Sorry.

I don't mean to be rude, but this game has such potential, and Fakemon like those mentioned can displease a crowd. As I said, no offense intended. I fully support.
Old September 6th, 2009, 06:05 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
That lemur Pokemon is from Torzach. It's Illime. I'd recognize it anywhere.

Anyway, on to the C&C. They are all fairly good. There are a few, though that could use some work. I don't really know what to say, though. I guess I'll stick with the two or three main ones. My first biggee is the Rock/Dragon first and second form. They just look.... plain, as well as odd. They don't have enough shading, for starters. The next line would be the Electric dog duo. They look too flat. Shading is another problem. And finally, the Rock/Ground Muk. I just plain don't like that one. Sorry.

I don't mean to be rude, but this game has such potential, and Fakemon like those mentioned can displease a crowd. As I said, no offense intended. I fully support.
Maybe this will answer your question bud: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...postcount=1097
Old September 6th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Well, I mean most of these fakemon are poorly done.
Like people above stated there are a select few that are nice, and the others just seem to fit out of place.
I'm pretty sure you can pick out the good ones, from the not so great ones.
How many spriters do you have.
Old September 6th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Vanitas~
Ink Blot

Ahh. Ok. Now I see. I wasn't really wondering so much as which person gave it to you, cause Vannah and Mac are hardly EVER on anymore....
Also, I wasn't being suspicious. Just stating what I know. I even have our moveset for the lil' guy, if you're interested in an outside opinion.
Old September 6th, 2009, 06:34 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
Well, I mean most of these fakemon are poorly done.
Like people above stated there are a select few that are nice, and the others just seem to fit out of place.
I'm pretty sure you can pick out the good ones, from the not so great ones.
How many spriters do you have.
3 the majority of these are done by one spriter. like 90% I dont think they are that bad. They are good enough for us. we do listen to criticism though. But again, I dont think that bad at all.
Quote:
Ahh. Ok. Now I see. I wasn't really wondering so much as which person gave it to you, cause Vannah and Mac are hardly EVER on anymore....
Also, I wasn't being suspicious. Just stating what I know. I even have our moveset for the lil' guy, if you're interested in an outside opinion.
Oh ok. I just wanted to let you know. Also I am interested in that moveset you have. you do thier movesets. Could you PM me the moveset?
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Genghoul
Aspiring Didgeridooist

Nature: Timid
I have to say, I love just about everything about your game. Your tiles and battle backgrounds are simply amazing. Excellent work.

The only thing that disappoints me is the quality of your Fakemon. Some of them are quite good, but I've noticed the other lack mainly in the areas of shading, attention to detail, and positioning. Just a friendly suggestion ;D

Anyways, good luck with your game and I look forward to playing it!
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:12 AM
lalala12
Beginning Trainer

I like some of the fakemon. Some are really good (nr 20, 21, 41, 42, 54 for example, there are more), but some are a lot less (76, 77, 88, 89). It shows that you CAN make them good, but I don't get why some of them are so plain and, well, look like fakemon. I won't comment every sprite of course, that'd be a lot of work and I don't really see the point in it since it would mean the whole position has to change.
I'll comment on the starters though. I'll say it immediately, I don't like them. There are a lot of fakemon in your list I would choose rather than the starters. The grass starter starts good, maybe a bit plain at shadow but the idea is good, but it the 2nd and 3rd evo are a lot differtent. The 3rd has too much going on and is poorly made, you could better add like one leaf and one flower and execute it right with shadow and colour than add a dozen of flowers and leaves and make it look unfinished.
The fire starter however is cute. The 2nd and 3rd one are my problem. Their positions (their pose, how they stand, I don't know if I say it right) are boring since they're all standing the same. The 3rd one doesn't look like a 3rd evo, it looks way too.. simple. Not strong at all.
The water starters are nice. Compliments on the wings at the 3rd evo. Not much to say about these. Maybe make the dark outlines a bit less dark but that's it.

I didn't mean to be mean, I just want to help. I don't have a game for myself or sprite, but I do draw for myself and I'm a fairly harsh critic I know. I hope I've helped you at least a tiny bit? I know I won't play a game if it has really bad sprites, not that these are SO bad, they're.. average, some are better some are less. But I hope you'll think at altering some (:
Old September 7th, 2009, 05:50 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

do you know when there might be a demo?
Old September 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM
~Night
~!~Miss Cow~!~

Aww. . . Blazgur's so cute! If you need any help coming up with names for the pokemon, you could just ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
Blazers told you as good as anyone else will. no emulator needed.

Alright guys, I notice alot of people using professor oak in their games even while they have a professor already. I think. I was Thinking of Using Professor Ivy in my game. I mean in the earlier part of my game Professor Hackberry( your grandfather) is kidnapped. Not around long at all. I was thinking Ivy could have a temporary Lab in Insula away from the Orange islands? You guys let me know what you think about this Idea.
How about Gary Oak? I mean, he's training to be a professor, so it'd be perfect for him to get some more experience in the lab.

~Night

Old September 8th, 2009, 04:29 PM
T3h Kaiser
Jovial Fool

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Night View Post

How about Gary Oak? I mean, he's training to be a professor, so it'd be perfect for him to get some more experience in the lab.

~Night
As far as game canon goes, Blue (Gary) is busy running the Viridian City Gym.
Old September 8th, 2009, 06:45 PM
darthvagabond100
Pokemon ~NEBULA~ Creator

Oh yeah cant wait till malachite in complete I wana play. The game and its progress look soo good.

USEFUL STUFF: PRODUCTS I THINK U GUYS MIGHT LIKE

LEARN HOW TO MAKE MONEY WITH
CELL PHONES!!!Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/yaqyfop
(I'm doing it to haha)

WANNA COPY CONSOL GAMES?PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, Gamecube, Psp, Nintendo Ds, Playstation, Ps One, Ps2, Xbox, Dreamcast, And Game Boy/GameBoy Advanced...
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ygs3gas

LEARN HOW TWO DOMINATE MAFIA WARS!!!
Click this link>>> http://tinyurl.com/ycerrnu

Old September 9th, 2009, 05:19 PM
.Razr
Blazing Ace

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to .Razr
Wow since I last peeked at this game (two months ago) it has gotten way better! Keep up the good work and finish it soon!

<------ Clicky there!

Old September 10th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Freak A
Back !!!

Wow only three fakemons left.

and I LIKE PEANUTS !!!!!
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:44 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genghoul View Post
I have to say, I love just about everything about your game. Your tiles and battle backgrounds are simply amazing. Excellent work.

The only thing that disappoints me is the quality of your Fakemon. Some of them are quite good, but I've noticed the other lack mainly in the areas of shading, attention to detail, and positioning. Just a friendly suggestion ;D

Anyways, good luck with your game and I look forward to playing it!
Thank you! but this is not only my project! Credit goes to the team aswell, they work really hard. and I understand that everyone is disappointed with the fakemon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala12 View Post
I like some of the fakemon. Some are really good (nr 20, 21, 41, 42, 54 for example, there are more), but some are a lot less (76, 77, 88, 89). It shows that you CAN make them good, but I don't get why some of them are so plain and, well, look like fakemon. I won't comment every sprite of course, that'd be a lot of work and I don't really see the point in it since it would mean the whole position has to change.
I'll comment on the starters though. I'll say it immediately, I don't like them. There are a lot of fakemon in your list I would choose rather than the starters. The grass starter starts good, maybe a bit plain at shadow but the idea is good, but it the 2nd and 3rd evo are a lot differtent. The 3rd has too much going on and is poorly made, you could better add like one leaf and one flower and execute it right with shadow and colour than add a dozen of flowers and leaves and make it look unfinished.
The fire starter however is cute. The 2nd and 3rd one are my problem. Their positions (their pose, how they stand, I don't know if I say it right) are boring since they're all standing the same. The 3rd one doesn't look like a 3rd evo, it looks way too.. simple. Not strong at all.
The water starters are nice. Compliments on the wings at the 3rd evo. Not much to say about these. Maybe make the dark outlines a bit less dark but that's it.

I didn't mean to be mean, I just want to help. I don't have a game for myself or sprite, but I do draw for myself and I'm a fairly harsh critic I know. I hope I've helped you at least a tiny bit? I know I won't play a game if it has really bad sprites, not that these are SO bad, they're.. average, some are better some are less. But I hope you'll think at altering some (:
this is alot lol but trust me i listened to it all my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
do you know when there might be a demo?
Soon....thats all i can say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Night View Post
Aww. . . Blazgur's so cute! If you need any help coming up with names for the pokemon, you could just ask me.

~Night
Thank pikachu'500 its her design. if you play the game will that be your choice? and sure you can help naming pokemon. your still apart of the team. and I think i'm sticking to Prof.Ivy
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3h Kaiser View Post
As far as game canon goes, Blue (Gary) is busy running the Viridian City Gym.
.....and Ivy has nothing special to do lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvagabond100 View Post
Oh yeah cant wait till malachite in complete I wana play. The game and its progress look soo good.
Thanks, couldnt do it without you bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Razr View Post
Wow since I last peeked at this game (two months ago) it has gotten way better! Keep up the good work and finish it soon!
Thank you! we're evolving all the time lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak A View Post
Wow only three fakemons left.
Yea but more may be coming who knows.!!!!!

Also if anyone cares in my screen where Ash appears again. Thats Palm Wood Village. more on that coming soon. Also I'm not trying to start anything i'm just a little clueless to this, but from what I notice. We get alot of heat for our fakemon. but other good games with worse fakemon than ours never hears it. anyone care to clear it up for me? no one has to. I'm just curious.
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Sion
Somber Soul

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Sion
Your game has high expectations.
Because of such, it's natural for those who await your
game to expect the highest quality in all aspects of
the project. It's something that comes with
increasing success. Now, what defines you as a
project head, is how you take that constant pressure,
And what your game becomes as a result of that.

~Sion

Old September 10th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Out of all of the Pokémon fan games I have seen so far this one is certainly the best. From the fakemon to the extremely detailed mapping, it's all great! I was just wondering if there was a signature which I could use to support this? The other fangames have them so I thought it would be strange for this one not to.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links