The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:12 AM
>Dante<
Call me Steven

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to >Dante<
eh eh
very good work, my friend!
this is totaly awesome!
I am very happy that you have used my Ivy's sprite
the event seems very interesting, according to me you could use the same type of script (the sprite with background) every time that the player meets an important character..

however this RPG is really very professional
I hope to see soon updates!

(it is very beautiful to see that you respond to all the comments and all fans of this RPG...
this give you a lot of honor )

Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:43 AM
T3h Kaiser
Jovial Fool

Nature: Rash
I love the way you have bird Pokemon perched here and there. Really adds alot to the tiles. Is that Chatot on Yamasaki's house?

Looking forward to seeing more! Everything in Malachite is always so wonderfully designed!
Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by >Dante< View Post
eh eh
very good work, my friend!
this is totaly awesome!
I am very happy that you have used my Ivy's sprite
the event seems very interesting, according to me you could use the same type of script (the sprite with background) every time that the player meets an important character..

however this RPG is really very professional
I hope to see soon updates!

(it is very beautiful to see that you respond to all the comments and all fans of this RPG...
this give you a lot of honor )
Thank You Dante! and yes your Ivy sprite is awesome man. I think that im gonna add a bit more to the scene, I think its way too fast for you to just be meeting Ivy. I may use this style of scene for everytime the player meets an important character. the only problem would be spriting the important characters like that. It'll work out though. and Professional is wat I kinda wanna go for, not to really look like a fangame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3h Kaiser View Post
I love the way you have bird Pokemon perched here and there. Really adds alot to the tiles. Is that Chatot on Yamasaki's house?

Looking forward to seeing more! Everything in Malachite is always so wonderfully designed!
Yea, thanks. Thats chatot up there lol "wonderfully designed!" I appreciate the compliment! your game looks nice aswell.
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:02 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Hmm, I don't think that whole cut scene is a very good idea. It's just kinda weird having her float in the air like that...
Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
Hmm, I don't think that whole cut scene is a very good idea. It's just kinda weird having her float in the air like that...
Well she's not really floating in the air. The background isnt there for the purpose of ground and higher. Its just there to show the scenery of the enviroment your in. not to really be leveled as if you were actually looking at her.
Old September 24th, 2009, 11:36 AM
shinylugia249
I'm back

Wow did playing Ryen that time while ago give you the idea to have a cutscene like that? Well I don't really mind the video's alright but keep a look out for my posts in this thread. I overall don't like your mapping style (way too crowded and easy to get through, by that I mean routes) so I'll try to help you if want the help.

You've waited and now we're back!

Stay tuned!

Stuff that i've been kepping secret from PC.
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Yeah i understand that OI, but it still just looks tacky.
An overworld cut scene would be just fine.
Old September 24th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Reck
Supreme Overlord

Nature: Bold
Doesn't look bad. As a matter of fact it looks very good. But did you forget to put me on the credits list? You are using my tiles right?
Old September 24th, 2009, 02:15 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinylugia249 View Post
Wow did playing Ryen that time while ago give you the idea to have a cutscene like that? Well I don't really mind the video's alright but keep a look out for my posts in this thread. I overall don't like your mapping style (way too crowded and easy to get through, by that I mean routes) so I'll try to help you if want the help.
Actually I got the idea through a chain of things. I figured if at the beginning you have the little talk about pokemon with the professor before the gameplay starts and then he gets kidnapped then a new professor is needed! and so I was basically giving Ivy here own little cutscene like the beginning of games. But seeing as to how it turned out and how much some people like it I may do more. I'll definetly be looking for your posts. Sure I could use some help with better mapping!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
Yeah i understand that OI, but it still just looks tacky.
An overworld cut scene would be just fine.
Aw, well....I'm happy with the cutscene.There wont be too many in the game and an Overworld cutscene is what everyone does. I try to be different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reck View Post
Doesn't look bad. As a matter of fact it looks very good. But did you forget to put me on the credits list? You are using my tiles right?
Sorry! I coulda sworn your name was there! I'm doing it now!
Old September 24th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

You know who else tried to be different?
Hitler.

XD
Well, if you're going to be different, try a little harder to make it look better.
Old September 25th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Having a cut scene like that is fine in my opinion, but maybe lower her a little bit because it is a little too high.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old September 25th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Lol I really didn't see anything wrong with it at all.
Looks fine to me.
Old September 25th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Vampire://Krimm
→ clocks everywhere →

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vampire://Krimm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
Looks fine to me.
Ditto~

I think it's a good idea, since as he said you meet the first Professor through the intro cutscene, so why not meet another Professor like that~?

Are you using different music for the cutscene opposed to using the default bg music of the forest? o: ~random thought~
Old September 26th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

I just noticed a problem with the title, it should have the é not e in Pokémon.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old September 26th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
I just noticed a problem with the title, it should have the é not e in Pokémon.
Doesn't really matter..
Some people chose to use that é, others don't
Old September 26th, 2009, 09:10 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Having a cut scene like that is fine in my opinion, but maybe lower her a little bit because it is a little too high.
I'll lower her a little. thanx for the feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
Looks fine to me.
Thank you blazers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire://Krimm View Post
Ditto~

I think it's a good idea, since as he said you meet the first Professor through the intro cutscene, so why not meet another Professor like that~?

Are you using different music for the cutscene opposed to using the default bg music of the forest? o: ~random thought~
Yes the cutscene and the forest bg music are different. u can notice in the game. when you start talking to her a more calm music starts

I may just have an update for you guys today!
Old September 26th, 2009, 09:31 AM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Very nice job OI. The Teaser looked great and like T3h Kaiser said, the Chatot really gives more to the tiles lol. I liked the way you did the Ivy intro as well, that seemed pretty inventive to me so keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more lol

Last edited by <~F.M.P~>; September 26th, 2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old September 27th, 2009, 02:06 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~F.M.P~> View Post
Very nice job OI. The Teaser looked great and like T3h Kaiser said, the Chatot really gives more to the tiles lol. I liked the way you did the Ivy intro as well, that seemed pretty inventive to me so keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more lol
Thank you! I have yet another small teaser for you guys! lol now!

Ok! So I know we dont, well I dont talk much about the evil team in the
game, Team Mare! Some of you already know that they are Pirate group!
Here in this teaser screen they've taken over and entire castle! and they've taken the
King hostage. Their demands are too steep for you to meet so you'll have to take them down in battle! As you can see.....Mr.Fuji is a place holder for the King right now lol and Captain Jack has four grunts on on top the castle waiting for you!
No to mention the Grunts and the first mate you'll encounter while making your way through the castle!

*(this will NOT be in the demo!)
Old September 27th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Tiles looks great OI.
Those blue pirates, not so much.
There's not much goin on with it and no shading.
I'm sure you could fix it up really quick though.
Overall good work.
Old September 28th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

I like the way you made it look 3d, very proffesional.
The door connected to the first turret doesn't really match and even though it all looks good in a screen I can't imagine it being very interesting to actually play. Still good though.

And could I just ask when you're getting a sig to support this for us? I don't want to just say it in words.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old September 28th, 2009, 05:13 AM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:

I like the way you made it look 3d, very proffesional.
The door connected to the first turret doesn't really match and even though it all looks good in a screen I can't imagine it being very interesting to actually play. Still good though.

And could I just ask when you're getting a sig to support this for us? I don't want to just say it in words.
lol just use this one dude.

HTML Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159560"][IMG]http://i37.tinypic.com/vg6dyb.png[/IMG][/URL]
Well OI the screen looks great. The tiles are fantastic! My only concern is like Blazers said, the blue on those Grunts is a bit to Saturated. Other than that It looks great. Keep it up
By the way...I can take that pokeball behind that grunt after I defeat the leader or something right?
Old September 28th, 2009, 06:48 AM
cadgod120
Your Rival

Nature: Relaxed
I'm looking forward to this game. I support it! *puts banner in signature*

Also, Check out my DeviantART account! Check out my newest deviation HERE! It's a support banner for Pokémon Malachite! :D

Need a banner made for your game or hack, or even a personal banner? I can help! Send me a PM telling me about your game or hack and we'll work something out!

Games and/or hacks I support:
Spoiler:

Old October 2nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
|Maximus|
I'm back~

Nature: Adamant
Keep it up! This is looking great! I agree with what Peeky-Chew said about the door. I think you should really change it or just change the pallete.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 12:42 PM
Spikey-Eared Pichu
Pichu-pi!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Spikey-Eared Pichu
This looks like an amazing game :D I love the castle tiles, custom-made? And, I agree with everyone about the door, it looks odd =/ Can't wait to see more =D
Old October 3rd, 2009, 03:29 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarietyVidsnet View Post
Keep it up! This is looking great! I agree with what Peeky-Chew said about the door. I think you should really change it or just change the pallete.
It's not the door, it is how it is implemented. Right now it is just a straight door jutting out the sides of the turret, but obviously you can't curve the door so how do you fix it? You move the door a little further into the turret so the curve of the turret is going over it, not the door over the curve. Fixed!

And thanks for that sig <~F.M.P~>

Demo Beta out Now!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links