The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
Riceeman
Spriter Guy

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebornosliw View Post
Sorry Atomic, I misinterpreted what you were saying.
Hey, will there be attack animations in this game? Because some of the other RMXP games *raptor*cough* don't have them, which I find rather annoying.
Low blow. But yes, Malachite is having attack animations - OI has showed off some custom ones before, and that was one of the things about infinite rainbow if I remember correctly...
Old October 22nd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Quote:
Sorry Atomic, I misinterpreted what you were saying.
Hey, will there be attack animations in this game? Because some of the other RMXP games *raptor*cough* don't have them, which I find rather annoying.
I'm sure Raptor will have then too, eventually...
And can't wait for the demo!

Demo Beta out Now!

Old October 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Dont worry guys! I'm gonna update soon. I'm not allowing posts to bother me, its just like even when i update no one notices. so why update. just continue behind the scene?

Anyway, I've recorded the Pokemon Ranch Video.
The ranch consist of for Four areas! This video shows only one. The others have been started but not completely mapped. The video shows the first one. It has Areas where the Bulbasaur and Ivysaur play, the phanpy, mareep, sunkern, lapras and there are pidgey are roaming free. there are plants growing aswell. Then there are the Ponyta Stalls. and the Miltank farm. all of this is in the first area alone.

Now the ranch does serve a purpose. You'll do things on the ranch like feeding pokemon or catching them and returning them to where they need to be. Like phanpy scattered across all 4 areas. You'll do this stuff for cash and some times pokemon.

I'm having fun with the ranch so it'll be cool.
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:05 PM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
Dont worry guys! I'm gonna update soon. I'm not allowing posts to bother me, its just like even when i update no one notices. so why update. just continue behind the scene?

Anyway, I've recorded the Pokemon Ranch Video.
The ranch consist of for Four areas! This video shows only one. The others have been started but not completely mapped. The video shows the first one. It has Areas where the Bulbasaur and Ivysaur play, the phanpy, mareep, sunkern, lapras and there are pidgey are roaming free. there are plants growing aswell. Then there are the Ponyta Stalls. and the Miltank farm. all of this is in the first area alone.

Now the ranch does serve a purpose. You'll do things on the ranch like feeding pokemon or catching them and returning them to where they need to be. Like phanpy scattered across all 4 areas. You'll do this stuff for cash and some times pokemon.

I'm having fun with the ranch so it'll be cool.
That sounds awsome OI!

I think you're one of the best game-makers around here, based solely on your originality.
You have such awsome idea of features, I sometimes just wanna take a bag,
neak up to you're thread and steal 'em all :P

Anyway, best of luck, with Malachite, OI ;)

Cheerz~
Old October 23rd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
The only update no one has really noticed much was that one on the previous page. There just wasn;t really anything impressive to talk about.

Sounds like the ranch is going to be neat. Hope it turns out as good as it sounds.
Old October 24th, 2009, 03:55 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Malachite Mini Update!
Two Rival Dragons!
One town split between them and you'll have to choose!

Well I'm not yet ready to Put the bigger update up yet so I have a smaller update to share with you guys. Here I have two Dragon Pokemon! One is A Dragon/Fighting type and the other is Dragon/Poison type. These two are like the Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee of the game. You'll have to pick between these two!

You'll come to a town that is split between these two Pokemon. Some Believe that one was the hero and the other was the villian. So in some houses there will be people admiring one and not so much of the other one. Eventually you'll figure out which one is the best and after defeating team mare with your choice the Town will rejoice!
~Just a small side quest type thing~
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

The battle backgrounds are kinda odd...
And the fighting ones sprite is cut off, i wish their was something you could do about it :(
Old October 24th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Blazers
L.A.S.E.R.S.

Seems as if I'm spinning is these battles...?
Does that have anything to do with anything?
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:17 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
The battle backgrounds are kinda odd...
And the fighting ones sprite is cut off, i wish their was something you could do about it
How are they odd? and I know, I'm gonna try and fix the sprite problems...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers View Post
Seems as if I'm spinning is these battles...?
Does that have anything to do with anything?
Huh!?

Well here is the First area on the Pokemon Ranch. I've decided to just post the update in pieces....
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:31 PM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post

Huh!?
I'm pretty sure he means that the battle background looks like the world is spinning around the battle, that's why they are odd in my opinion.
Old October 25th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Idk, the backgrounds just don't look good.
It's like you put no effort into making them at all.

The video is alright, it looks pretty cramped though.
Old October 27th, 2009, 02:12 PM
vulveeshrew11
Beginning Trainer

I just started looking at your project today, and it looks really good! I like the Ranch, especially the Bulb Garden!

<3 Eevee <3
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:22 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
I like the first Dragon, but the Poison/Dragon type is sort of goofy, to be honest. Now about the battle background, it'll be disappointing if it's just a static background, but it would be really cool if those streaks were flashing by while you battled.
Old October 27th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Rezah
justicykes
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
Idk, the backgrounds just don't look good.
It's like you put no effort into making them at all.
I disagree, personally. I think they look about ready for an important battle. But what would add more is that if they were animated. That'd be pretty badass. But I like them, regardless.

Pokémon Tyrian Developer

Hello! Please, drop me a visitor message if you want to chat! I'd love to talk to more people!

Follow me for updates on my game and various other things!
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Are their names going to be shown in real battle?
Old October 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Well, I'm definitely not a fan of those backgrounds.
I assume that they are not animated. But if they are, then they will probably look better.

@H20: What? You mean ?????????? isn't their names???
I'm pretty sure he just hasn't figured out a name for them yet lol.
Old November 1st, 2009, 10:45 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulveeshrew11 View Post
I just started looking at your project today, and it looks really good! I like the Ranch, especially the Bulb Garden!
Thank you! I'm glad you like it!
Quote:
I like the first Dragon, but the Poison/Dragon type is sort of goofy, to be honest. Now about the battle background, it'll be disappointing if it's just a static background, but it would be really cool if those streaks were flashing by while you battled.
I really like them both! lol atleast i know what dragon you'll choose! and the BG's I'm working on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroDX View Post
I disagree, personally. I think they look about ready for an important battle. But what would add more is that if they were animated. That'd be pretty badass. But I like them, regardless.
Thank you! I am currently working on getting them animated my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O Turquoise View Post
Are their names going to be shown in real battle?
Yes their names will be shown, it's just like A_R said! I havent any names for them yes and I want them to be perfect names.

Pokemon Malachite Update! This is just another piece of what was gonna be a large update, but it was taking too long so I'm releasing the content as it happens.
First I've got a New video that kinda hints at some story for you guys. It's a video of Gioco Island. Gioco is Italian for "Game" These people on this island enjoy games just as the Carni Island People enjoy the carnival. Here is the vid!

what do ya think!? I really like the way it came out and believe it or not but this video only shows half of the island, the other part is on the other side of Comet Cave.

Alright now I have some Pokemon Art and Data for you!
This is a Pokemon Similar to that of Marill and Pikachu except its a Fire pokemon!
It's Flamous!

Well thats is all for today! But I'll let you guys know that we are working on even more custom tiles for the game and I must say the master tileset for the game is looking beautiful! Actually th Game HQ in the video is one of the first additions! Til next time.
Please give us FEEDBACK

Last edited by PokemonOI; November 1st, 2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:49 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Lol, you have a Comet Cave too xD? Well, the video is looking really nice, and so are the tiles, again, I'm anxious for a demo.
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:56 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
Lol, you have a Comet Cave too xD? Well, the video is looking really nice, and so are the tiles, again, I'm anxious for a demo.
hm!? you have a comet cave? If so I'll be changing that right now! and thank you man. I wanna show off a teaser of some more new tiles! Gioco island will be in the demo too! Pretty early to get a game corner right?
Old November 1st, 2009, 01:45 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Your buildings don't fit with each other at all. No one style. One building has real dull colors and then that big game building is soooo bright compared to it.
Completely ruins the map to see that.

A edit in photoshop or a program like it messing with the hue and saturation should sort that out.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old November 1st, 2009, 01:49 PM
Poké!
And as the world ends...

Nature: Lonely
What I've seen so far looks great. As many other games here are great, This, Amethyst, and Raptor are some of the best looking ones. There are other great ones, but I can't think of their names. Keep up the good work.

The Dark Side
CSS by Rachel of the deceased Pokemon Epiphany.
Bottom Banner by -Red-
My Theme By Me

Team Rocket has come back to find their leader, Giovanni.
One Trainer will acquire the power to stop them. How will it end?
Pokémon: Johto Theory
3 Chapters Completed.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
~DarkAchu~
Shady Character Lurking Around

Does Flamous have evolutions? And nice vid

Diamond FC: 2836 1970 7214 OT: Scott
HG: 3181 5060 5848 OT Scott
White: 4298 2213 8887 OT Dark
X: 4597-0519-6286
Old November 2nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
Your buildings don't fit with each other at all. No one style. One building has real dull colors and then that big game building is soooo bright compared to it.
Completely ruins the map to see that.

A edit in photoshop or a program like it messing with the hue and saturation should sort that out.
I have fixed this problem Neo! Thanx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poké! View Post
What I've seen so far looks great. As many other games here are great, This, Amethyst, and Raptor are some of the best looking ones. There are other great ones, but I can't think of their names. Keep up the good work.
Thank you. I appreciate you you putting me in that company!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DarkAchu~ View Post
Does Flamous have evolutions? And nice vid
Yes it has Evo's! Check the first post and the full Fakemon list is there. You'll see the evolutions there.
Teaser!
Bolt City and its Powerplant crisis!

yep!~
Old November 2nd, 2009, 10:27 AM
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
OMG!!! :O ITs amazing screens the tiles looks very good i love them, waiting for more updates!

Old November 2nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
shinylugia249
I'm back

Nice screens and ideas OI but I have a few concerns.
After seeing many of your updates and videos I've noticed that there are some things that you should improve upon. Alright first thing is the dialogue. I'm not just talking about the main dialogue, I'm talking about the dialogue of reagular townspeople, it just seems to simple. Try to add some more emotion into every person. I'm seeing one word reponses when you talk to a person so try to replace that with something you think someone would actually say if they were living in that city/town. Second thing would be your mapping. It all seems just way too crowded. I never make my paths autotiles to prevent from having crowded maps. Don't have 1 tile thick paths have 3 tile thick paths. And don't be random when placing your flowers/grasses in a map. There's always has to be a reason you have something in a certain spot in a map. So never have a flower by itself, flowers grow in bunches. Signs should be in visible places near the center or entrance of the map. Third and finally would be the palletes your using. They just don't seem to fit well together. The tiles are great but you have some strong palletes like the red and blue roofs and trees don't go well with the unsaturated gass and paths. I say either recolor the the grass and path to a stronger pallete (more saturated), recolor all the saturated tiles to a lighter less saturated pallete, or go for something in between (which is what we usually see).

I think you've gone really far from what you had at first with this game but you just need to get a few things tweaked up. Keep up the good work!

You've waited and now we're back!

Stay tuned!

Stuff that i've been kepping secret from PC.

Last edited by shinylugia249; November 2nd, 2009 at 02:06 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here