The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 13th, 2008, 05:47 PM
BurstX
What happened to the old days?

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to BurstX Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BurstX
:3 my sprites look so pretty lol, but OI i did a slightly changed version of the female hero when i sent you her ows, i suggest you change it to the newer one because i based the ows off of the new one.

Jimmy (押し破かれます。X Burst)
♠ Sarcastic Pixel Artist and Sprite Worker
"No opinion is ever wrong."
♠ Extreme Rival with Kiyoshi
♠ Resides in Ecruteak City

Old December 13th, 2008, 05:58 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by KageX View Post
:3 my sprites look so pretty lol, but OI i did a slightly changed version of the female hero when i sent you her ows, i suggest you change it to the newer one because i based the ows off of the new one.
hmmm? I never noticed. Lemme go check it out so I can change it.
Old December 15th, 2008, 10:49 AM
CUTEPICHU
Pichu is HOT!!!!

Hey OI I think i'll enter your fakemon contest. I'll be going for that grand prize by spriting a legendary pokemon with two evos XD that is the requirements to win the grand prize right? *runs to make sure* XD anyway just letting you know something cool from should be coming!
Old December 15th, 2008, 11:07 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTEPICHU View Post
Hey OI I think i'll enter your fakemon contest. I'll be going for that grand prize by spriting a legendary pokemon with two evos XD that is the requirements to win the grand prize right? *runs to make sure* XD anyway just letting you know something cool from should be coming!
Well good luck on your fakemon entry. I also have an update on the contest! There has been an added prize! So here is today's mini update!

MALACHITE UPDATE!
Thanx to Thedudemister for providing the ripped backpack graphics to all of us! As soon as I saw it I went right to work. since in the game the hero has a white backpack it was perfect. so here are screens of the bag and every category inside. You'll Even see the flashlight(it isn't that good) Anyway here!

I know please spare me. I will change it soon enough.
Contest Addition!
I've decided to add a prize to my Fakemon contest! Added to all the prizes is a beta tester. The best fakemon of each of the fakemon contest categories will win a spot to be a Pokemon malachite beta tester(that is if the creator of the fakemon would like to be one.The contest post can be found on page 8, I hope that makes the contest juicier and inspires you to enter the contest. As of now I only have one entry sadly. Oh yeah....I almost forgot Monday(today),Wednsday and Friday I'll reveal the evo's of the starters! so since its Monday here's one, The fire starter!

Enjoy! Til Wednsday!

Last edited by PokemonOI; December 15th, 2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old December 15th, 2008, 12:30 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Hey OI... nice fakemon but, mind if I take those fakemon and shade them a little bit?
Old December 15th, 2008, 12:57 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~Flood~> View Post
Hey OI... nice fakemon but, mind if I take those fakemon and shade them a little bit?
I think they look fine. whats wrong with them?
Old December 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
This game looks pretty slick. How come it aint in the main Games showcase section?

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old December 15th, 2008, 01:26 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
This game looks pretty slick. How come it aint in the main Games showcase section?
Idk I guess I'm just not ready for it to be yet. I wanna make sure Its ready. Oh and thanx for the reply.
Old December 15th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonOI View Post
I think they look fine. whats wrong with them?:classic:
To square, making it look kinda weird.
The shading kinda stinks.
There is to much black for an outline.

And try to vary the stances they're in.
They are all basically in the same position.
It's funner to see them in different positions.

Btw, you should change the text color in the bag screens to white. It would be easier to read.
Old December 15th, 2008, 01:42 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_Reactor View Post
To square, making it look kinda weird.
The shading kinda stinks.
There is to much black for an outline.

And try to vary the stances they're in.
They are all basically in the same position.
It's funner to see them in different positions.
Um well I thought OG did fine on the sprites. I'll talk to him about it though. thanx for the help I guess.
Old December 15th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Trace
Trainer

Quote:
funner
Someone, somewhere in the world just screamed because of that. Kidding.

Anyways, yeah, A_R is right, they need to be improved slightly, with difference stances.
Old December 15th, 2008, 01:44 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace View Post
Someone, somewhere in the world just screamed because of that. Kidding.

Anyways, yeah, A_R is right, they need to be improved slightly, with difference stances.
Hmmm...Yea I'll agree with the different stance thing...sometimes it's hard to think of another viewpoint for a fakemon though you get what I mean?
Old December 15th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

just google search "dog" in images.
Take some examples from all the pics you get.

And yes, OG did alright on them. But there is definitely room for improvement.

Btw, i realize that funner wasn't a word before i hit post last time lol.
Old December 15th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Makeshiftjay
Member Of Green Jasper

Send a message via Skype™ to Makeshiftjay
Good Idea I Would Surport it But I Have Not Seen Enough

Name: Squirto
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/center]
center]
Name: Shroomish2cool
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/center]
Name: Mine,Jr II

Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
My Team

Surports

Old December 15th, 2008, 03:13 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshiftjay View Post
Good Idea I Would Surport it But I Have Not Seen Enough
Well soon I hope I have enough for you to support.
Old December 15th, 2008, 06:43 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Oh well.
I can't sprite a different pose for a animal with four legs. XD
But maybe someone else could resprite them.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:31 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGroudon View Post
Oh well.
I can't sprite a different pose for a animal with four legs. XD
But maybe someone else could resprite them.
It is fine OG!

Anyway there will be updates everyday this week! Along with the Mon,Wedns,and Friday starter updates.

Tomorrow's update will be about something that will be helpful during the journey. Aswell as Info regarding the journey and what I'm trying to do with the story.

Heres a screen before I got to sleep!

Last edited by PokemonOI; December 16th, 2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Saurav
~`;I am the Frozen Sun;`~

Every time when you post an update, I feel like watching a pokemon show ..... like each screene is an episode ..... really I enjoy viewing your updates :)
Runescape Forum, Cheats and Hacks || G4HQ Forums || Anime Forum, Talk and Community || MMORPG Forum and Games || Xbox Forum Cheats and Live || Naruto Forum Community and Manga || Bleach Community and Manga Forum
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Well im impressed. You actually have a good game and your not being all proud of yourself and acting like a true game maker. I salute you. *claps hands and gives a virtual pat on the back.
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:23 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
Every time when you post an update, I feel like watching a pokemon show ..... like each screene is an episode ..... really I enjoy viewing your updates
Lol Thanx I updated that screen too. It looks better now. and speaking of episode that has something to do with todays update later. stay tuned.
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:32 AM
BakingBluePotatoe
The Blue Blur Alchemist

Quote:
MALACHITE UPDATE!
Thanx to Thedudemister for providing the ripped backpack graphics to all of us! As soon as I saw it I went right to work. since in the game the hero has a white backpack it was perfect. so here are screens of the bag and every category inside. You'll Even see the flashlight(it isn't that good) Anyway here!

I know please spare me. I will change it soon enough.
I was bored, so I did a flashlight sprite:

And... do something about the text. Like, make the black part of the text a dark grey or something. and perhaps the color of the item name being viewed can change =p

Tausch Mit Mir?: 2208-5032-7062
Pokemon Y: (German) - Rosa (OT) - 20249 (ID) - Electric Safari (Heliptile & Emolga)
Proud Member of Chaos Control & Equivalent Exchange!
Outlinks:
Twitter (Main) || deviantART || Tumblr || Youtube
Twitter (RP acct 1) || Twitter (RP acct 2)

Old December 16th, 2008, 09:10 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KiTsUnE View Post
I was bored, so I did a flashlight sprite:

And... do something about the text. Like, make the black part of the text a dark grey or something. and perhaps the color of the item name being viewed can change =p
Thank you! I might use it I might not. I also might try and change the text who knows?
Anyway once again I've udated that screen. The new one is in my sig.
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Quote:
I also might try and change the text who knows?
No.
Definitely change the text.
It makes the whole thing look like crap.
If you change it then it will look great.
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:00 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Quote:
No.
Definitely change the text.
It makes the whole thing look like crap.
If you change it then it will look great.
like I said A_R I might.

MINI UPDATE!
As Promised everyday this week an Update! Todays update may seem like a rant but it isn't. It's only give you a better understanding of what the game is meant to and will be like. so here I go!

I first like to explain the feel of the game. the feeling I want the players to feel while playing the game. I dont want you guys to feel like your playing a game, I want you to really feel like your on and adventure and that the only way you can reach pokemon master status is by training and taking it day by day. In the game there will not be a bike. yes i said there will not be a bike.This will make alot of people mad because I plan on the insula region being very big. Yes you'll be footing it on land the whole way except when your surfing or on a boat. Though I'm not completely sure that when I'm playing it that I want to walk all the time so I'm only about 99 percent sure about this. I want you to feel loke its a totally different season of the anime. As Saurav said earlier I want the missions to feel like episodes. so there will be lots of custom characters in the game not just your average hiker and school girls. There will be mini stories throughout the game. Now I know your probably tired of reading but I have alot to say but let me show a couple screens real quick.

Ok I showed you this earlier....why am I showing this again? because its important. since you'll be walkin alot in the game you'll need safe places to go and save your game. Well these are it. Camps will be scattered all across the region. Since in the game trainers will grow and get better along with you you will some times see familiar faces and alot of time new faces. now why does a camp seem cool? well in the camps there will be trainers that challenge you(this will be adressed next) some will ask to trade pokemon with you and some will give you items. The camps are more than safe havens. also exploring the area around the camps can be helpful. Sometimes trainers lose Items and very rarely Pokemon!

Now to adress the Trainer challenge. I understand that in the past games you havent really had to train to beat the game. Well malachite will not be so easy. I've decided that there will be some trainers that ambush you like old times and some that challenge you.Its up to you to accept the challenges and train your pokemon to get better. i dont want the game to be easy at all.In past games you didnt have to really spend money well in malachite you will. To beat gym leaders aswell as other trainers you'll need to blow cash and spend countless hours training your pokemon party.

Now to go back to the walking thing. i said I wanted insula to be a big region. Well it will be and roads will be like mazes(not really) i mean if you were actually in a region whats the chance of you getting lost? well in insula there is a good chance you'll get lost. You may hit dead ends in the game and have to go back or you might stumble upon a camp and save the game and come back later. Trainers at camps will help give you directions.

Alright More screens yes you still have to read!

lemme just say this is the new poke mart!
Well any way here:

.....Yep the kid pretty much said it all. You'll have to do what you gotta do to get the job done. The newspapers and magazines will be pretty helpful in the game. Oh and not just with newspapers you might have to still to survive there will be other stuff too. It's a hard knock life in insula. I know this is alot of reading but its very imformative on what its like in the game. I want this to feel like a whole new anime to people so I hope it catches your attention.

Thats all for today but remember tomorrows Wednsday so that means another starter and evolutions!
Sorry for the lack of screens!

Last edited by PokemonOI; December 16th, 2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Johnny8876

Nature: Adamant
i like the updates, escpecially the bag, but why so many updates for malachite, and not you no, "your other game lol"...well gl and hope to see more. o yea and i thought u werent doing fakemon? the poll above shows taht existing pokemon are still winning??? maybe a couple but dont do a whole set of fakemon, it ruins the game experience for some people.
What up guys its Johnny B, JB for short if you want, well just hanging around pokecommunity, i love some of the games that people make on here, but w.e lol GL to everyones games, especially infinite rainbow :D!~~

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links