The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What pokemon should Malachite have?
Fakemon? 812 50.78%
Existing Pokemon? 787 49.22%
Voters: 1599. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 31st, 2010, 09:28 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
I'm sorry for the delay people things have just been extremely slow and while were working towards that demo, I forget about update material. With that said as of right now only two or three of us on the team are working right now but, I promise there will be an update soon. Also the daily pokemon we reveal will be brought to a halt right now because I just fail at it right, now. But dont be alarmed we should be back soon, real soon actually. Just leave questions and comments here for now and I promise I'll try my best to reply!
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:27 PM
NovaStar
Team Malachite Spriter

Nature: Lax
Since OI is hard at work on mapping/scripting I will be the one posting the updates in the event of OI's absence.

Today I'm just going to leave something for all of you to speculate on till then.
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:00 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
idrk what it is, but it looks like something I would catch lmao
Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:56 AM
ProdigyX
Trainer

I sense a grass pokemon! looking good cant wait till its completely finished
Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:17 PM
NovaStar
Team Malachite Spriter

Well since OI's been busy I'll just post what I've been doing recently.
Might as well post the complete version of the silhouette plus another little treat.

I now present to you, the "Novamori" art of two pokemon that you'll see during your adventures in the Insula Region.

(This was my first attempt at trying to capture Sugimori's style but you can see that it failed.... hard. The next one's MUCH better)

You saw this earlier this week and indeed it is a grass type, the second of it's line. Personally this is my favorite Fakemon and I know that you'll be satisfied with the rest of it's evolutions.

Ok I have to say, I've done well with this one. You guys have seen it in past updates and here it is in all it's glory.

Sorry that there hasn't been any official update lately. OI is busy at work mapping and scripting so that the demo can get here sooner.
Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Very talented Nova i like em
Old September 4th, 2010, 12:25 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nova's great! anyway folks I'm gonna send Nova a number of items to update you guys with in the next few days. I'll be really busy so he might be able to update you. Mainly I candy of what I've been working on.
Old September 4th, 2010, 03:34 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar View Post
Well since OI's been busy I'll just post what I've been doing recently.
Might as well post the complete version of the silhouette plus another little treat.

I now present to you, the "Novamori" art of two pokemon that you'll see during your adventures in the Insula Region.

(This was my first attempt at trying to capture Sugimori's style but you can see that it failed.... hard. The next one's MUCH better)

You saw this earlier this week and indeed it is a grass type, the second of it's line. Personally this is my favorite Fakemon and I know that you'll be satisfied with the rest of it's evolutions.

Ok I have to say, I've done well with this one. You guys have seen it in past updates and here it is in all it's glory.

Sorry that there hasn't been any official update lately. OI is busy at work mapping and scripting so that the demo can get here sooner.

Wow I had no idea! These are really good!
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Gardenia101
Official Lurker

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Yahoo to Gardenia101 Send a message via Skype™ to Gardenia101
Wait-
Is this done yet or not?
Because if you have a demo or something, you should put it in the first post so people don't have to scroll through hundreds of pages to find the stinkin download link.
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:33 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

The demos not out yet, it will come out soonish i think idk There working hard on it now.
Old September 4th, 2010, 11:01 PM
NovaStar
Team Malachite Spriter

Yeah no demo yet guys. OI said that he's compiling the update so it will be up soon. As for a the demo date I'm seeing either mid to late September or early October, now I might not be right but I'm just giving everyone my standpoint. Depending on how OI does, it might even come sooner but no promises can be given yet until OI gives me the heads-up.

Anyways here is another "Novamori" art of the day.
(Get ready for another sad attempt at Sugimori styled art; might just be the thicker outlines :p)

Yep it's the lovable Chiguin, one of the three starters you can chose to fight alongside.

I strongly apologize for the lack of updates but this next one will be filled with many goodies.
Old September 5th, 2010, 03:10 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Look hectic keep it up with the updates
Old September 5th, 2010, 03:12 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

^GUYS SERIOUSLY STOP ASKING THEM FOR DEMOS!
Old September 5th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Pecilia
WOO! ADVENTURE!

Nature: Hasty
What exactly kind of animal is chinguin suppose to be? like what species of penguin?

|Formerly: greenmoon1996 |Please notify me if (and which) one of the .GIFs is too large so I can remove it.|
Old September 5th, 2010, 07:30 PM
mulch_ar
What should I type here?

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mulch_ar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
^GUYS SERIOUSLY STOP ASKING THEM FOR DEMOS!
Dude, seriously. Who asked for Demo anyway? Just read again what ProdigyX said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
Look hectic keep it up with the updates
He was just praising and supporting, chill :\

Anyway, nice arts Nova. I really like the Bubloog one. Chinguin's shading seems kinda strange, tho. Great work everyone, keep it up :D

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by mulch_ar; September 5th, 2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old September 5th, 2010, 11:01 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Umm i'm not sure what kind of Penguin that is but i think its a remake of the first Fakemon Oi tried making awhile back ahaha but yeh idk i think its a king penguin or somthing idk
Old September 5th, 2010, 11:36 PM
NovaStar
Team Malachite Spriter

Again really sorry for the lack of updates, OI hasn't sent me anything yet so just be patient (which you're dealing well with).

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmoon1996 View Post
What exactly kind of animal is chinguin suppose to be? like what species of penguin?
Chiguin and it's evolutions are based off of the Macaroni Penguin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulch_ar View Post

Anyway, nice arts Nova. I really like the Bubloog one. Chinguin's shading seems kinda strange, tho. Great work everyone, keep it up :D
I think that was aimed at Gardenia, but yes, thanks a lot for the love everyone. Me and OI are doing pretty well for a 2 man team faced with the fact that one of our spriters is absent at the moment. Although, with school just starting here I'll try to keep active with updates and all that.
Old September 6th, 2010, 01:31 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulch_ar View Post

honestly I put the ^ by instinct now and it wasn't aimed at prodigyx, it was aimed at gardenia and all the other people begging for demos
Old September 6th, 2010, 02:48 AM
ProdigyX
Trainer

i remember that penguin now looks nice.. I just created my seconded fakemon in the period of my post before this and now
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:31 AM
CUTEPICHU
Pichu is HOT!!!!

*Eagerly awaitng the update* nice art btw...
Old September 12th, 2010, 08:27 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Alright guys, lemme just tell you whats been going on. Were EXTREMELY close to the demo right now, were just have too many script errors. Were having them left and right. I'm trying to get as much help with all the errors as I can at the moment. and to add to all that Our battles system that I traded Venom12 for is gone. He refuses to reinburse me even though he still has the things I traded him for. Thats fine though because Carmaniac is in the process of helping us redo that battle system. *Note to everyone dont trade anything to Venom12, if something goes wrong he's no help*
Our script that showed the players icon on the region map is gone aswell....I'll try and figure out how I got it working last time. We should have a new custom menu soon too.

Besides that I'm just working on an update. Once all this is fixed you'll get that update. Like Nova said right now its just us two and anyone thats willing to lend a hand. Thanks to Carmaniac and Wichu, because they are helping with and telling me how to deal with the all the errors.
Old September 12th, 2010, 10:27 PM
KaiVii
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
I would help if I could, but I'm glad to hear that this is going steadily

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

Old September 12th, 2010, 10:32 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Good effort Oi your doing a great job i'm geed for this demo!
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:16 AM
the_shadow_maker
Intermediate game maker

ive been awaiting this along time keep up the the awsome fakemon
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:17 AM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Well, its been a while and I'll tell you guys its gotten pretty bad inside the malachite camp. lol not as bad as it has been before but bad....Right now from the team its just me working at the moment. I cant get in touch with the other teammates. With the help of a couple of people who have volunterred there skills with script errors. I had hoped to update you guys soon, but that may have to wait a little while longer. I'm working alone right now, and I'm working with a hell of alot of errors in the game so you can imagine how its all playing out. Anyway I just hope you guys can continue to be patient with us....

Sponsored Links