The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old November 9th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Fluffy Clouds
Is not really active.

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
I noticed that alot of people were having trouble inserting animations, and I learned along the way on how to insert them properly. Here, I will show you how to do so:

Step one, open UNLZ:

You'll see right here that the palette is garbled. Don't worry, it's normal.

Step two, insert your animation:

Inserting an animation is pretty easy. The top half of the image is the first frame, and the bottom half is the second frame. The image's attributes must be 64 (width) x 128 (height).

Now, insert the image. Also, don't check the "Export Palette" box, because it won't serve a purpose here.

Now, if you encounter your Pokémon, you'll see that the animation works, but the palette is garbled with the pallete of the Pokémon that you replaced. Let's go into that, shall we?

Step three, replace the previous palette:

Since we replaced Tangela's animation with another, it still has Tangela's palette. in UNLZ, at number 1263, Tangela's standalone sprite is there, which contains the palette for the animation. Let's replace it.

Now, as the image shows here, check everything. Now test it again in-game, and you'll see that the palette is correct now! Congratulations, you successfully inserted an animation!

If the animation's palette is still not correct, check the animation's palette in a viewer (out of UNLZ.) They have to match to show correctly.

Don't ask about editing rotation or deformation when the animation starts, because I have no idea on how to edit that, nor do I know where that is.

Hacks I'm going to release or show: Pokémon Calcite (don't take my name, please.) It's being worked on heavily, and it contains well-created scripts. I did this all by myself without any assistance (except for tutorials.) The only issues is that the bag makes the game crash for some odd reason. I'll need to investigate this issue further. The Trainer Card also crashes the game. I cannot release my hack until these bugs are fixed, or else I'll get alot of negative feedback from this.

Credit for avatar: =tiffany12

Last edited by Fluffy Clouds; November 10th, 2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old November 11th, 2008, 03:04 AM
dragonarche
Is back :D

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dragonarche
good tutorial but i have a easier way of doing it
good job by the way

Experienced Vb.net and C# Dev
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:52 AM
torferno lvl-X
learning asm

Sweet a nice, original tutorial.

I'm a spriter for

Insert new pokemon WITHOUT removing old ones up to 25!
Tom's PokePet

Charizard the level 36 Charizard!

For All GBC hackers!
Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:34 AM
Jerros
TloS FTW!!!

So...
how about inserting new sprites?
So you can use them with the 25 empty spots?
Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:00 AM
Blazichu
Bahhhh?

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blazichu
Do not revive month old threads.

*Locks*

←(left) the online world for life(MSN, PC etc.)~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here