The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:02 AM
NitroF
Beginning Trainer

I really hope the hard drive works out for you.

Whats the name of the song in the vid?

Its a very nice song <3

---edit---

[Ah, figured it out]

It seems to go with the vid ;p

Last edited by NitroF; February 9th, 2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 12:54 AM
Magnemite
I'm in the past.

Hey everyone, I'm here again with some good news. I just learned that there is a product that allows you to connect internal hard drives via USB, essentially turning it into an external hard drive. Why didn't anyone tell me this thing existed before? I'll see if I can pick one up soon. They're $25 or so. (Maybe my dad will buy it for me. hehe...)

So expect to see things start moving around here soon, assuming I can find one of these things. [;

See ya soon!

If you can script or sprite and would be interested in helping me bring my prized project back to life, please PM me! Thanks!

Watch the promo here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=160659
Request a region map for your game: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4524167
Old April 2nd, 2009, 04:04 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Swwweeeet!
Though you should rename Ride to Ram, so it'd be in-battle too.
Sounds cool, GL!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 05:00 AM
DrCoolSanta
Erode away...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Yahoo to DrCoolSanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnemite View Post
Hey everyone, I'm here again with some good news. I just learned that there is a product that allows you to connect internal hard drives via USB, essentially turning it into an external hard drive. Why didn't anyone tell me this thing existed before? I'll see if I can pick one up soon. They're $25 or so. (Maybe my dad will buy it for me. hehe...)

So expect to see things start moving around here soon, assuming I can find one of these things. [;

See ya soon!
Umm, you could just attach the harddrive to another computer. The cables look the same, though you might have to remove a cd rom from the computer and replace with the harddisk.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:17 AM
Dawson
The Rebirth Is Upon Us

That video looked pretty cool. I just hope you edit that 'Ride' charset slightly as it currently looks like the hero is doing unnatural things to that Tauros.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:19 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
That video looked pretty cool. I just hope you edit that 'Ride' charset slightly as it currently looks like the hero is doing unnatural things to that Tauros.
lol
Do you mean...
*watches the video*
lol!
I never noticed that!
Is it a boy? O.o xD
No really, you should change that.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:27 AM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
I just hope you edit that 'Ride' charset slightly as it currently looks like the hero is doing unnatural things to that Tauros.
Only noticed that now ha.
Keep it.
I'll defo play this game if ya keep it

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Bao
Beginning Trainer

the story sounds very interesting! would be nice if you could post up some screenshots too =]
Old April 2nd, 2009, 01:06 PM
Magnemite
I'm in the past.

Thanks for showing so much interest guys, that really motivates me to get this project started again.

Don't worry, the ride animation is temporary until I find someone who can sprite me a decent one.

And as for putting the hard drive in another computer, it's from a laptop, and the only other computer I can use without taking apart my new laptop is my friend's old desktop. I'd have to buy a 2.5" to 3.5" conversion kit, which will cost almost as much as the USB adapter anyway, so I think I'm better off doing it through the USB adapter because it will basically give me an external hard drive to use as well, so I can back up my game in case this happens again. [;

If you can script or sprite and would be interested in helping me bring my prized project back to life, please PM me! Thanks!

Request a region map for your game: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=4524167
Old April 6th, 2009, 08:10 PM
gubgub
Person

just a quick question. maybe this was asked or maybe i missed something. the video says "before pokemon as you know it" but there are pokemon.
Old April 6th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Magnemite
I'm in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubgub View Post
just a quick question. maybe this was asked or maybe i missed something. the video says "before pokemon as you know it" but there are pokemon.
Before Pokémon "as you know it", meaning before things were the way they are now in the Pokémon world. You've known the Pokémon world since the mid 90s, but what about 50 years before that? Did you ever stop to think about what the world was like back then?

Old April 7th, 2009, 12:39 AM
gubgub
Person

Old April 8th, 2009, 03:03 AM
DrCoolSanta
Erode away...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Yahoo to DrCoolSanta
And btw I forgot this. I actually liked the basic idea, the story line and your work. Good luck.
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Zeful
Beginning Trainer

This looks really professional, but I have an issue with the Apricorns. When they came up in the games (GSC) they had to be hollowed out and fiddled with in the olden days before they could be used to capture pokémon. In your game they just need to be plucked off a tree. An easy way to fix it would to add a sequence after the time warp, where he learns to make his own primitive pokéballs and then to add a "[Name] turned [Color] Apricorn into [Color] Pokéball."

But overall, nice concept.
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:53 PM
maaddogg
Epic spriter in the making!!

Nature: Hasty
looks good id live to play it
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Magnemite
I'm in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
This looks really professional, but I have an issue with the Apricorns. When they came up in the games (GSC) they had to be hollowed out and fiddled with in the olden days before they could be used to capture pokémon. In your game they just need to be plucked off a tree. An easy way to fix it would to add a sequence after the time warp, where he learns to make his own primitive pokéballs and then to add a "[Name] turned [Color] Apricorn into [Color] Pokéball."

But overall, nice concept.
I don't remember exactly because it's been a few months since I did the research, but as far as I know, the Apricorns were tinkered with to make them more effective. They basically split them in half and added a hinge and a lock mechanism to make it easier to open and close. The Apricorn itself already has the ability to capture and hold Pokémon, but it can be made better.

Old April 9th, 2009, 05:02 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Why play Yesterdays journey when you can play "today's pokemon"? lol just kidding nice video you have there. that tauros must be a trooper lol.
Old April 9th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Magnemite
I'm in the past.

^^Lol, yeah, every time I see "Yesterday's Journey" right next to "Today's Pokémon" I giggle. o.o

Updated the first post to add the "What's different?" section. Tells you about a few of the things that have changed over the years in the Pokémon world.
Also added a link to my side-project, Sentinel of Seasons, to the main post.

Last edited by Magnemite; April 9th, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old November 24th, 2010, 06:23 PM
dizzycontrol
also known as...kiddrip

heyy...i was just wunderin how is ur game going along...

Old November 24th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
The date of the last post was over a year ago. Don't revive a thread that's over two-months old next time.

| relic castle - coming soon |
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links