The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Pokemoncutie
Beginning Trainer

I think Mewtwo is stronger in my opinion because it looks like it has a better body structure than mew. Well thats my opinion. Well people who is stronger Mew or Mewtwo.
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Gelly
Don't eat me!

I say Mew, because it can learn all TM's
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter

^lol
I was just about to make a post about Movie 1 when I saw Cassino's post deletion message....
But I would say Mew anyway...
Old December 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
#Infinity
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to #Infinity
Mewtwo is definitely stronger imo; it may not have access to all TM's in the game, but it can still learn the majority of the best ones. Plus, its stats are far better, with incredible special attack and speed (the only disadvantage over Mew being defense, but not even by a large amount).
Old December 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Young Stunna'
Trainer

Mewtwo is supposed to be the advanced version of Mew and it is very strong in D/P. But in general Mew is way better. Mew is just so secretive and pretty and can learn anything.

Click here to level up my card!

Jigglypuff - The most powerful pokemon. Maybe someday others will realize her power.
FC: 4811 - 5699 - 9958
Old December 8th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Lukespade
Poke'mon Author

i consider them equal because mew can learn all tm's but mwewtwo in general has slightly better stats
Old December 8th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Well most people I know would say Mewtwo but I personally think that is a very hard question u asked...but I would have to say it doesn't matter who is stronger out there...it matters how they use their power, how they create the energy and stragtey!

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old December 8th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Sheek
Paladin

Send a message via AIM to Sheek Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sheek Send a message via Yahoo to Sheek
Mewtwo wins hands down.

Typing: Draw
Movepool: Mew

HP: Mewtwo
Atk: Mewtwo
Def: Mew
Sp. Atk: Mewtwo
Sp. Def: Mewtwo
Spd: Mewtwo
Overall Stats: Mewtwo

The numbers give Mewtwo the win, anything else is just preference.

Gym Types: Dragon, Fire, Water
Prize: Lv.1 Dratini with Outrage and Fire Blast
Gym Record: 1-0-1 (Wins-Draws-Losses)
PC Wi-Fi Record: 3-0-1 (Wins-Draws-Losses)
FC: 0387 9559 3112
Time Zone: -3:30 GMT

--------------
If you want to battle me outside of the Gym, PM me or post in my profile. I battle in the OU and Uber tiers. Standard clauses apply. Arceus will be allowed in Uber battles. Hacked Pokemon are fine if they aren't unreasonable (6 perfect IVs, illegal movesets/stats, etc).

"There is nothing more noble and beautiful than a warrior with no distractions. One could say he is the closest thing to God." - Treize Khushrenada

Old December 8th, 2008, 09:26 PM
aaronburnsyou
<-- Please feed me Everstones!

Nature: Lax
Well, when I actually learned how to play the game effectively, I had only used a Mew out of the two. It had Psychic, its main attack, Rock Slide, for those that I'd prefer not to waste a Psychic on, Horn Drill, which was based on Speed instead of level at the time, and Softboiled, for healing both in and out of battle. At its peak level (which happened to be 87, due to internal battery conflicts), it still couldn't stand up to a L100 Mewtwo.

Of course, when you ask which one of the two is stronger, it hardly solves the problem to have both of them face different pokemon besides each other, because Mew & Mewtwo both have the power to completely annihilate anything else in existence besides each other, so I'm guessing this would be if the two were to face each other.

In that case, Mewtwo has both the ability to take many hits, and the ability to cheaply heal half its total HP, which puts Mew at a great disadvantage already, the only way out (aside from OHKO moves) being to create as similar a moveset as possible. Even then, you're just putting Mewtwo up against a weaker mirror of itself.

Mewtwo may not have as much of a variety as Mew, but you're forgetting that Mewtwo is still an insanely-powerful and merciless (spelling?) beast that can absorb nearly any attack and insta-heal it while killing everyone off, one by one, until it's the last one standing!

(As far as sprites go, Mewtwo's Yellow sprite is kinda awkward, in my opinion, so Mew wins!!!)

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old December 9th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Bibliophibian
Wonder Trade Addict

Nature: Timid
As far as stats, Mewtwo wins, but if you're looking at general versatility in movesets, it's Mew. They both excel in different areas, so neither is really stronger than the other if you ask me.

FC: 4055-4446-2346
Safari Type: Fighting [Machoke, Pancham, Riolu]

PM if you add me and I'll add you back~

Old December 9th, 2008, 05:29 AM
The warden
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Nature: Relaxed
Mewtwo has a base stat total of 680 (mew is 600 i think) any way this makes it the strongest pokemon in R/B but not in G/S/C because lugia and ho-oh also have base stat totals of 680
Old December 9th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Despotar121
Beginning Trainer

I only Say Mew :D Because its very Nice and cam learn all attacks. I dont like Mewtwo very much but i like most Mew :D
Old December 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
awsomedude30
Am I a beginning trainer?

i believe mew has a higher base stat average
not only that mewtwo has better special attk and physical
even though mew can learn all tms mewtwo comes pretty darn close to learning all of them
Old December 10th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Went
-Omega-

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
There already is an identical thread in Pokémon General.

Use that one please.

~Closed

Magma Leader Maxie wants to battle!
Crobat (Lv. 37) - Inner Focus - (Wing Attack, Bite)
Camerupt (Lv. 39) - Sheer Force - (Earthquake, Rock Slide)
November 28th / Staff Collab 2014
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links