The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Questions & Feedback

Notices

Community Questions & Feedback Your one-stop shop for all things related to PokéCommunity. Tell the community leaders they suck how wonderful they're doing, ask for help with a certain feature or where to post something... that kind of thing.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Lornami
Let's share the fruit of fate!

Nature: Brave
I think I figured out something. Lets start at the beginning.

I donated $15, and got into the 3rd Tier, but forgot to put my name on it. That got cleared up.
I started a recurring supported and donated another $15. I was still in Tier 4, after donating $30+. That got cleared up.

Then I was dropped back to Tier 4. Confused, but I didn't ask questions, so I didn't bother it.
So I stayed Tier 4 for awhile then donated a few bucks. Got moved to Tier 5 again, don't know if it was automatic or not.
Then got moved to 4 again.

I looked back in my e-mails, and saw when the payments were made.
It think when the Recurring Support is payed it pulls you out of Tier #, and puts you back into Tier 4.

It might be my individual problem, but I thought it's something you guys might wanna see. Don't wanna play this tug-of-war game every month if people get into the same situation as me.

Old December 10th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Thomas

Yeah, if you are a Recurring Supporter, you are automatically put into Tier 4 until you donate 25 dollars. Then you will be put into Tier 5.

I think...lol
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Zet

Nature: Jolly
she said she's donated $30+, so she should be in tier 5, and I guess you should PM Rukario about it
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Post Office Buddy
Trapped inside this Octavarium

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas-san
Yeah, if you are a Recurring Supporter, you are automatically put into Tier 4 until you donate 25 dollars. Then you will be put into Tier 5.
Yes, but she says here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornami
I started a recurring supported and donated another $15. I was still in Tier 4, after donating $30+. That got cleared up.
She should be at Tier 5 no matter what since she has already donated over $25. However, it keeps moving her down to tier 4. So even if she just opened a recurring subscription, she should be past the base tier for that.
I am returning once again (hopefully for good). I will be updating Affliction regularly and reviewing other people's fics every so often. If you would like to request a review, then please send me a PM.

My FFC entry for April 2008: My Endless Loneliness
My Discontinued, Chaptered FanFiction: The Fall of Light
My current chaptered FanFiction: Affliction
My Parody of Pure Awesomeness (requires some context to fully appreciate): Sir. Aaron - A Parody

Last edited by Post Office Buddy; December 10th, 2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Replaced male pronouns with female ones & fixed quotes.
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Lornami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas-san View Post

I think...lol
I have been put into Tier 5 because I've donated more than $25, but I keep getting pulled out again.

Another thought I had was that because of the first donation with no-name, the system doesn't see my total as $25 every month so it fixes it. With all the donations besides that first one, I would be at (I think I had the recurring twice) be at... $24. xD!

Old December 10th, 2008, 08:21 PM
TechEnixRay
[SØNY TechNøløgy]

I think its because when you become a 5 tier you have to pay a 2 dollar monthly fee. Not sure.

My Profile at the PlayStation Community.
You have a PS3 add my PSN: TechEnixRay

Picture of me

[T-E-R]
[G-O-T-H]
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Lornami

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechEnixRay View Post
I think its because when you become a 5 tier you have to pay a 2 dollar monthly fee. Not sure.

:\ I don't think so. I would be a tier 5 anyways because that is what put me in this position.

Old December 10th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Patchisou Yutohru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechEnixRay View Post
Whaaat? No-no. That's far from it. If you read the post about donations, once you donated, you aren't required to donate anything anymore. The donation is part of the community. Paying a two dollar monthly fee to retain your 5 Tier status? That seems really far-fetched.
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornami View Post
I have been put into Tier 5 because I've donated more than $25, but I keep getting pulled out again.

Another thought I had was that because of the first donation with no-name, the system doesn't see my total as $25 every month so it fixes it. With all the donations besides that first one, I would be at (I think I had the recurring twice) be at... $24. xD!
What I was trying to explain was that even though you has donated that money previously, Steve set Recurring Supporter to be automatically put into Tier 4 until they reach the amount specified to be in Tier 5. So you will be in Tier 4 until the money you've donated monthly equals the amount to qualify for Tier 5 (this doesn't count the money you've donated in the past). Does that make sense?
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Lukespade
Poke'mon Author

wats teh point behind tiers?
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Lornami

Quote:
What I was trying to explain was that even though you has donated that money previously, Steve set Recurring Supporter to be automatically put into Tier 4 until they reach the amount specified to be in Tier 5. So you will be in Tier 4 until the money you've donated monthly equals the amount to qualify for Tier 5 (this doesn't count the money you've donated in the past). Does that make sense?
Yes that makes sense. But I did talk to Rukario about this before when I first signed up for recurring donations. He moved me to Tier 5, meaning that the donations I've made before do count. And I don't think it really would be fair if I donated more money then a Tier 5 but was still in Tier 4 like all my past donations disappeared. D: Kinda sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukespade View Post
Shows how much money you have donated, and what perks you get.

Old December 10th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukespade View Post
With each Tier, you get more and more perks. Check it out here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...26&postcount=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornami View Post
Yes that makes sense. But I did talk to Rukario about this before when I first signed up for recurring donations. He moved me to Tier 5, meaning that the donations I've made before do count.
LOL! I know they count, I meant, they "didn't count" for argument's sake. xD
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Lornami

Quote:
With each Tier, you get more and more perks. Check it out here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...26&postcount=1LOL! I know they count, I meant, they "didn't count" for argument's sake. xD
Hehe, I know. I mean I think the past donations do count to the overall rank in addition to the stuff you donated at a Tier 4. Never got cleared on that, but it makes sense to me. And I've been switched from 5 to 4 only because of the automatic donation. I don't think that's the problem.

Old December 10th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Owl
i won't burn out i'll just burn up

Nature: Gentle
My guess is that when Steve set your tier to 5 he forgot to remove your recurring subscription.

Basically, you were planning on using the recurring subscription to reach tier 5 over time, but eventually just donated the full amount all at once, right? That brought you up to tier 5, but he forgot to remove the subscription at the same time, so when it came time to roll back around the monthly fee from before, it charged you and put you back into tier 4 automatically.

I'll double check, and then move you back to 5 and remove the subscription for you.

taking chances
word tap dancing with wolves
in an ice arena out there deep in the woods
of Arizona, the sun be high, life's ironic
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Lornami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
My guess is that when Steve set your tier to 5 he forgot to remove your recurring subscription.

Basically, you were planning on using the recurring subscription to reach tier 5 over time, but eventually just donated the full amount all at once, right? That brought you up to tier 5, but he forgot to remove the subscription at the same time, so when it came time to roll back around the monthly fee from before, it charged you and put you back into tier 4 automatically.

I'll double check, and then move you back to 5 and remove the subscription for you.
Well honestly I just have the subscription so I can donate a little if I forget or don't get on PC for awhile. Just let it build up. :3 It wont hurt me and will help you.
But if it stops the problems, I guess that would be fine. But it should be noted if people still want to stay on the subscription and be in Tier 5 in the future, there would be problems. Don't know if they would want to or not.

Old December 10th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Rukario

Nature: Adamant
its automated by vB.. I'll set your secondary usergroup to tier 5 and 'select' it for you - you should still stay in it after your next recurring supporter's payment (hopefully)

Twinned with Jedi_Amara | Paired with Your Name Here | Lil Sis Kimi-Chan | Sig

Old December 11th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Lornami

Okay thanks! (I have two groups, how interesting!)
I guess we'll have to see what happens when the next payment comes around.

Old December 11th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
now yoy have two tier bas. Is tht normal?
Old December 11th, 2008, 05:42 AM
quilzel
NET START w3svc

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchman Is View Post
now yoy have two tier bas. Is tht normal?
No, that is not normal, Rukario will have to fix that when he logs in.

It looks like I will be having that same problem soon enough.
Old December 11th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Lornami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buoysel View Post
No, that is not normal, Rukario will have to fix that when he logs in.

It looks like I will be having that same problem soon enough.

Well the two tiers is actually the fix to the problem for now. :d

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links