The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:09 PM
DonRoyale
Get on my choppa!

Nature: Adamant
Have any of you played Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness? You get Eevee as a starter there and are given 5 different stones to evolve it with.

Anyway,
Eevee should not be a starter. It's the most overrated Pokemon in existence (rivaled only by the likes of Charizard and Rayquaza), and for all the awesomeness it has, only three of its evolutions have any use whatsoever. The rest of them all...suck...
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
[/quote]and for all the awesomeness it has, only three of its evolutions have any use whatsoever. The rest of them all...suck...[/quote]

How could u say that? They do not stink bcuz one day they will beat u u'll see...

And I never knew u can have eevee as a starter in that game...

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:16 PM
~Kavin~
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRoyale View Post
Have any of you played Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness? You get Eevee as a starter there and are given 5 different stones to evolve it with.

Anyway,
Eevee should not be a starter. It's the most overrated Pokemon in existence (rivaled only by the likes of Charizard and Rayquaza), and for all the awesomeness it has, only three of its evolutions have any use whatsoever. The rest of them all...suck...
yeah earlier in this thread I posted that eevee was a starter in Gale of darkness. I was awhile since I played it but it seemed to worked out well in that game. The fact that the stones were offered as well is a bonus because that was the thought I had if eevee was a starter.
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Dragonair_Blizzard
Random person in the universe

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragonair_Blizzard
It would be good to have Eevee as a starter, but as the others mentionis, Starters can't be caught in the wild, but Eevee can be. Also, it is hard to evolve.

Credit to Limelight and Palkiaperson at another forum for the avater and sig.
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:31 PM
The Instant Classic
Hoenn has more water than Africa

Nature: Bold
It would be brilliant to have Evee as a starter there's only one problem.
Starter pokemon are supposed to evolve twice while Evee only evolves once.
Old December 12th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I wouldn't consider Eevee to be a starter for any generation. I mean, it really can't do anything until it evolves with stones, not even by leveling up. Also, it would break the mold of a Fire, Water, and Grass type starter. Personally, I don't see a reason to break that mold.

Yes, I used mold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRoyale
Anyway,
Eevee should not be a starter. It's the most overrated Pokemon in existence (rivaled only by the likes of Charizard and Rayquaza),
I add Lucario and Riolu to that list on a personal basis.
Old December 12th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Personally, it would be interesting for Eevee to be a starter, but your rival would have to have Eevee as a starter too. Why?

Well, as in any Pokemon game, your rival always has a Pokemon strong against yours. So if you were to have Eevee as a starter, they'd have to start with Eevee too, and they would evolve it into an Eeveelution that has an advantage over yours. The only problem with this, however, is if you choose to evolve Eevee into Umbreon or Jolteon, but I suppose your rival could find a way to make his Eeveelution strong against either, e.g. evolving it into Leafeon to counter Jolteon (electric moves don't do much against Grass types).

But yeah. The Pokemon producers probably want to keep the grass/fire/water starters, but who knows? Maybe Eevee will be a starter one day :/
Old December 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Heartless33
Master Cloner

I think they made a game where you can have it as a starter I think it was pokemon gold or silver somewhere around there.
Old December 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Gale Of Darkness is the one with eevee as the starter as told by Treeko kt!

Old December 12th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Heartless33
Master Cloner

I think in the begining of daimond they should give you quiestions and based on your anwsers they give you the pokemon from the quiestions. Evee would be good in the begining. (sorry for my grammer)

FC:4553-7799-6092
Warning I will not pay any medical bells that you recieve after are battle.

You can come here if you want to start a new forum and gladly accepting members and staff's.
http://pok233land.proboards.com/index.cgi

Also learn more about pokemon glacier here.
http://stoneglacier.webs.com/apps/forums/
Old December 12th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Kaori
tragedy

That is a very good idea Heartless... kind of like Mystery Dungeon!

Old December 12th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Arctus Tibal
Beyond - Freedom

Nature: Jolly
I agree, eevee would make an amazing starter (Being my favorite pokemon and everything )

Problem i see with it is that stones are usually bought at a later town which is when your pokemon are like, level 30ish? so your eevee might take a while to get to the evo you want

Espeon and umb would be ok i guess, but happiness evos are kinda hard to get to if your at the start of the game

Glacion and leafeon are... kinda bad... but i guess they would be ok because all you need is to be in a place thats quite easy to get to and a rare candy
Old December 12th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Heartless33
Master Cloner

They should let you choose a stone in the start of the game when you choose a pokemon.

FC:4553-7799-6092
Warning I will not pay any medical bells that you recieve after are battle.

You can come here if you want to start a new forum and gladly accepting members and staff's.
http://pok233land.proboards.com/index.cgi

Also learn more about pokemon glacier here.
http://stoneglacier.webs.com/apps/forums/
Old December 12th, 2008, 06:12 PM
otaku-dono
Merkabah

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to otaku-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless33 View Post
They should let you choose a stone in the start of the game when you choose a pokemon.
But then you have something overpowered right off the bat, and it'd be far too easy.

arts
Old December 12th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Kaori
tragedy

That might be a good idea Heartless...

Old December 12th, 2008, 06:13 PM
SethCullen
Catastrophe.

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to SethCullen
Yeah Play XD.

But i would like the theory, depending on which game i was doing it with. Like Gold I wouldnt do it. Same with R/B/Y.
Old December 12th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Melodyfree
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Melodyfree
I love Eevee and all, and I used to think it was a great idea to have it as a starter.
Then I did a little hack job on a copied Emerald ROM to get Eevee as a starter option...

I've got two words for you: Epic. Fail.

Having so many evolution methods at your disposal kind of ruins the fun of the game ("Strategy?! I'll just tell Espeon here to blow their bloody heads off!"), and makes it even worse when you don't have access to said methods so you're stuck with a wimpy little Eevee until then.

I'd much rather be able to get a one-off Eevee later on in the game, when more options are available to me (Bebe in Hearthome City much?). Keeps the furry little thing as rare and special as it should be without being overkill. And even then, I'd only want to be able to get an Eevee for a reason rather than 'lol heer i dun wunt it enymoar taek this furry little gen 1 thing lolol', like new evolutions or something partially related to the plot (like in GSC when that demonic Togepi egg gets forced on you).
Old December 12th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Maybe it would ruin the special eevee...IDK...

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:51 AM
thatrabidfangirl
*sweatdrops*

Eevee would be a great starter... unless it actually WAS a starter. I mean, think about it. I reckon there's an Eeveeloution for everyone, but come on. Who can be bothered making an Eevee happy at night for an Umbreon? What I'd like to see is a Flying-type Eevee... *drools*. But yes! Eevee as a starter, once the novelty wore off, would blow.
"There are still many unexplained phenonmina - 'french military victories' on Google's I'm Feeling Lucky; how Rick Rolling became so popular; MissingNo.; the Rise and Fall of Tetris; Badger Badger Badger; Caramelldansen... but the truth is out there, Scully..." - Agent Fox Mulder (sorta)
Old December 13th, 2008, 09:00 AM
The Wave
Something to believe in....

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Wave
I would love eevee as a starter! I would evolve it into an espeon as fast as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummy View Post
I don't know what everyone likes about Eevee. You do realize that there won't be any evolution stones in the beginning of the game, so you'll be stuck with a weak Normal Pokemon as your starter. And I'm pretty sure the game would do something so you don't get Espeon or Umbreon too early.
*shoots Gummy*
how can't you see the cuteness of eevee and it eeveelutions?!

anyway, though I agree eevee itself is kinda weak, they could do some way that you can get the stones earlier than normal. of course not too early, but not too late either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeko-kt View Post
I think it would be a good idea if you get to choose which stone you would like to use on your eevee. Let's say eevee is the only starter to pick. But like you have charmander, squrtle, and bulbasaur, you replace them with stones. I think eevee would be a great starter that way. And wasn't eevee already a starter in gale of darkness if I'm not mistaken? and it worked out okay last time I played it. I evolved mine into an Umbreon I think. It was so long ago I can't remember
that's a pretty good idea, but what if you want to evolve it into a glaceon, leafeon, umbreon or espeon? maybe they could set the ice and leaf stone too, and if you want umbreon or espeon, I think you can just leave without chosing any of the stones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kairyu View Post
Um no, because you shouldnt be able to catch starters and you can catch wild Eevee in the trophy garden.
then they will make the eevee not wild anymore, like the starters and original in R/B/Y.
Type → Psychic
Abilities → Synchronize
It uses the fine hair that covers its body to sense air currents and predict its enemy's actions.
[???=The Wolves' Hideout]Groups[/???]
Old December 13th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Volkner's Apprentice
PC Veteran Prize Fighter

Nature: Hasty
I think, in a DS version, Eevee as a started might be neat. Just think, if they introduced the 5th generation without regular starter Pokemon and used Eevees, you could have rivals for each of the eeveelutions. OR EVEN MORE AWESOME (XD) you could use wifi features to have your actual friends as the rivals that appear in game.

On that note, it'd be awesome to design everything about your character (like hair color, clothing, eyes, battle stance, etc.)

Friend Code

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatrabidfangirl View Post
Eevee would be a great starter... unless it actually WAS a starter. I mean, think about it. I reckon there's an Eeveeloution for everyone, but come on. Who can be bothered making an Eevee happy at night for an Umbreon? What I'd like to see is a Flying-type Eevee... *drools*. But yes! Eevee as a starter, once the novelty wore off, would blow.
*How could you say that? U can't make eevee happy at night...prob. means ur lazy.....*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wave View Post
I would love eevee as a starter! I would evolve it into an espeon as fast as possible.

*shoots Gummy*
how can't you see the cuteness of eevee and it eeveelutions?!

anyway, though I agree eevee itself is kinda weak, they could do some way that you can get the stones earlier than normal. of course not too early, but not too late either.

that's a pretty good idea, but what if you want to evolve it into a glaceon, leafeon, umbreon or espeon? maybe they could set the ice and leaf stone too, and if you want umbreon or espeon, I think you can just leave without chosing any of the stones.

then they will make the eevee not wild anymore, like the starters and original in R/B/Y.
*Thank you for saying this...me and u will keep rooting for eevee!!!*

Old December 13th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Chelzbell
magical girl undercover

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Chelzbell
It would be nice to get eevee in the beginning if you had the choice. However, personally, I wouldn't find myself using eevee in battles much. I would use eevee to catch other pokemon and then fight gym leaders and wait a while (train it on the side to get it ready to evolve before I have it doing any harder battles).

Old December 14th, 2008, 05:23 AM
The Wave
Something to believe in....

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Wave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Miss View Post
*Thank you for saying this...me and u will keep rooting for eevee!!!*
no problem, I always look at this:
there is always a way for everything, you just need to find out how. the only real question is, will game freak do that? will they grand us the possiblity of eevee as a starter?

still, I seriously hope that they will make eevee as a starter in one of the next games....
Type → Psychic
Abilities → Synchronize
It uses the fine hair that covers its body to sense air currents and predict its enemy's actions.
[???=The Wolves' Hideout]Groups[/???]
Old December 14th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Euphoric Magikarp
Magikarp ~<3

Eevee is such a god awful, overrated Pokemon. I can honestly say that there is no time that I ever wanted to train an Eevee or evolve it. Most of the time I just let it sit where you can get one, unless i'm trying to fill my Pokedex. Eevee is a rather lousy choice as a starter, I mean come on all you can do is evolve it once and you usually have to get a stone or train at night or day and level it at specific places, so no, I don't need Eevee as a starter and he never will be anyways.

MAGIKARP IS LAW!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links