Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 23rd, 2010, 09:04 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Hey guys, Fire Wolf has abandoned the challenge, so he said I could run it.

Rules:
1) The challenge is over once you beat the elite four one time.
2) You may only use Pokemon of one type (or Pokemon that are the type once evolved), however dual type Pokemon are okay to use for either type (ex. Fire/Fighting Pokemon work if you are doing a Fire challenge or a Fighting challenge).
3) You may have HM Slaves in your party, but you cannot use them in battle unless they fall within your type.
4) You may use the starter if it satisfies rule 2, or until you get your first Pokemon of your type. Once you get your first Pokemon, you must stop using your starter, unless he falls within your type.
5) Your first Pokemon must be obtained before you get out of the Eterna Forest. If you cannot get a Pokemon before the Eterna Forest, you may trade one Pokemon from another game, but only if it is an egg or hatched, but level 5 or below.
6) You may only trade if you are satisfying rule 5 or if you are trying to evolve a Pokemon that evolves by trading (ex. Graveler and Syther).
7) You may not use Legendaries, even if they fall within your type. Note: Rotom doesn't count as a Legendary in my eyes.
8) More than one person can use the same type.
9) You may use an emulator, just play it like a regular game and don't cheat with it.
10) It's not a race. Have fun and play nice.
11) If you don't update progress within a month, I will move you from the "challengers" group to the "abandoned" group. So update often.

With that being said, I introduce you to the challengers. If you have a problem with where you are on the list, PM me and I will fix it as soon as I can.
Pikapal642 has been nice enough to make us userbars!!! Thanks, pikapal!
Userbars:
Spoiler:

Challengers:
Spoiler:

Normal
simon_van09(2 Badges), roxal15, corruptodile, Train Rides By

Fire
Decodedd (1 Badge)

Water

Electric
~*OliverTwist*~, PikaPal642 (5 Badges)

Grass
troselly (Just Starting), Buzimu, Hiiragi

Ice
JustinHolmes (Just Starting), eveelution (1 Badge)

Fighting
Aero Blitz (4 Badges), Sam_Sam (2 Badges), cystar (1 Badge)

Poison
Unknown Legend

Ground
Arcelio (1 Badge), .EJ (5 Badges), skiffz (1 Badge), ~cherry~

Flying
ST4TIC SHOCK3R (8 Badges), SAMOA, Charmageddon (5 Badges), Vroke (5 Badges)

Psychic
Kazbat028 (Just Starting), Rich Boy Rob (4 Badges), Sir Spamalot (1 Badge)

Bug
Jamie88 (Just Starting)

Rock

Ghost
Myrrhman (5 Badges)

Dragon
StormerEcho (Just Starting)

Dark
WeightyWillBill (2 Badges), Dooonerz (1 Badge), 雷影 イチロ

Steel
Vindel (2 Badges), Sire (5 Badges), Bart Crab (1 Badge), MareBear (2 Badges)

Hall of Fame:

ST4TIC SHOCK3R (Rock), graeme_turnbull, myrrhman (water), musemum626, Cardwell74 (ground), haxeray (poison)

Abandoned:

ConnoRAWR, AuraAshley, Callandor, Mattbob, Syked, Electricmudkip, Thoughts, Toxicroak, chaos11011, mondays suck, Harumi Fujyoshi, FreakyLocz14, Edin, Explosion, Foxnordic, Live In Color, Broadway, Destinyfate, Amore, xSeduction, Alternative, Rawr?, Dawn Rules, harkein, Ilixia, DarkAlucard, BenEary, Decibel, Polizard, Sora247_2009, perfectmonster, Fiach, kaki-sheimi, pikakip

Last edited by myrrhman; August 4th, 2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:22 AM
ST4TIC SHOCK3R
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Modest
hey mate good work on taking over i think ill go for a second run

like before ill take a type no-one is using atm

ill take flying might be challenge

on platinum (more options)
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:37 AM
eveelution
RolePlay Minion

Nature: Mild
Ooh, can I do the ice challenge on my R4. Specifically Diamond.
Under Construction. Have a virtuall latte while you wait.
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:48 AM
Bart Crab
Time and some freedom...

Nature: Relaxed
well, i guess i'm doing steel. looks like i'll have use an emulator since i couldn't be bothered restarting Diamon or Platinum.

• Signature move Conversion and Conversion 2
  • Being banned in the anime
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:02 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

all right, everyone's signed up!

Also, I ran through Candice easily. Gyarados one hit everything that wasn't her Sneasel, which Floatzel one hit with Focus Blast. Then, amazingly, I beat Volkner. So I went through victory road, and started suicide training. Right now, I am at Lucian, and there is no way for me to beat him. So sounds like time to start over with Aaron to me!

Team (don't know levels right now because I'm not playing right now)

Empoleon: Surf, Shadow Claw, Drill Peck, Steel Wing
Whiscash: Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rest
Floatzel: Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Fang, Focus Blast
Gyarados: Surf, Ice Fang, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower
Bibarel (HM Slave): Cut, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength
Wingull (HM Slave): Fly, Defog, ???, ???

Last edited by myrrhman; April 28th, 2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Sora247_2009
Will Sprite for food!!

Nature: Jolly
Can I sign up to this, even though I might not play heavily thanks to UMC taking up alot of time. If so, I'll take a ghost challenge on Pearl. Question, are there any Platinum exclusive ghost types?
Current Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Flying (Kanto, 0 Badges)
MultiGen Character Challenge: Ash (Gen 2) (0 Badges)
Emerald Nuzlocke (2 Badges, 2 Deaths)

Old April 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

K, I'll add you in regardless. To answer your question, you can get a Snorunt which evolves to Froslass pre-elite four only in Platinum, but you can't get misdreavous. So its sorta a trade off.
Old April 28th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Bart Crab
Time and some freedom...

Well, started the game, named myself Bart and my rival Barry. I picked Piplup as a starter and it barely defeated Barry's Turtwig (thanks to withdraw, i live with 5 hp). Went to Sandgem Town nicknamed Piplup 'SlashGuin', received the Pokedex, received TM 27 Return. Taught it to SlashGuin. Returned to Twinleaf Town, received the parcel. Received 5 Pokeballs from Dawn. Dominated through 202. Received the VS Recorder from Looker. Delivered the parcel. Received the Town Map. Received the Poketch. Received the Quick Claw and gave it to SlashGuin. Defeated Barry on Route 203 and saved the game.

Old April 28th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Kazbat028
The Only Guy With a Girlfriend

I'll take the Psychic challenge. I can get Abra first. Am I allowed to evolve it quick?
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:09 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Yeah, of course. You can evolve it because Kadabra and Alakazam are both Psychic types as well.
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:31 PM
eveelution
RolePlay Minion

I just realized I'll be forced to trade an egg because there are no ice types before Eterna City.
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:37 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

that's fine, just do one. If I were you, I'd get some good egg moves in

and now this, taken from the Ultimate Monotype Challenge, posted by yours truly

Quote:
All right guys, this is it. I beat the elite four after about 15 suicide missions. My team is still a little underleveled to be fighting the champion, but here we go.

I healed and revived everyone except Empoleon, who is barely under 1/3 health to activate his ability (which, strangely enough, is the first time I have used his ability.) Spiritomb was faster than me, but it used Embargo, and my surf took it down to about 2/3 health. I switched to Floatzel. It hit me with Psychic. I killed it with Waterfall.

She was sending out Roserade, so I switched to Gyarados. Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Flamethrower put it at 1/3 health and me almost dead. I healed and she switched to Gastrodon. I switched to Whiscash, and she missed with muddy water. I hit with Earthquake to do 1/4 damage, and she hit with Sludge Bomb to do a very little bit. We traded Earthquakes and had about the same health left (a bit under half). I used Aqua Tail to try to do a little less damage, unfortunately it put Gastrodon in the red and she hit with muddy water to put me at 7/192. She healed and I used Earthquake. I healed and she used Muddy water, which dropped accuracy. I missed with EQ, she hit with Sludge Bomb, I hit with EQ, she hit with Stone Edge, I missed another EQ, and she killed me with her own. I didn't think she was low enough for Empoleon to one hit with Surf, so I sent out Floatzel, who froze with Ice Fang. Gastrodon thawed out that turn (I hate how the game cheats like that) and almost killed me with muddy water. I sacrificed Floatzel with a Waterfall (gastrodon has the tiniest sliver) and she killed me with Stone Edge. Empoleon finished it off with Shadow Claw.

Garchomp time. I tried Gyarados to drop its attack, and Giga impact did not kill me. I used Ice fang twice, almost killed it, and he healed with his berry. But, I froze him with the second Ice Fang. Amazingly enough, he didn't defrost, and I had enough time to revive Floatzel and Whiscash, as well as to heal Floatzel, Whiscash, and Gyarados. With everyone save Empoleon at full health, I finished it with an Ice Fang. 3/6 down.

I was typing this instead of paying attention to who she was sending out, so I kept Gyarados out, expecting her to send out Roserade. She sent out Lucario instead. It did slightly under half damage to me with Dragon Pulse, and I did the same with Flamethrower. Psychic put me in the red, and flamethrower put it in the low yellow. I healed off right before Aura Sphere, which did a third of my health, and after Dragon Pulse took me to under 1/3, I killed it with Flamethrower. 2 left

Milotic. I was waiting for this. I sent out Floatzel to combat it. I was thinking that hopefully, I will be able to drop its defense if I use Crunch enough. But I forgot that I only had 2 left. Damn. I got a critical hit with my first one though, which did 1/3 damage to it, and it did the same to me with surf. I used it again to put it at half, and it failed with a Mirror Coat. I used a Max Ether on Crunch (for some reason I didn't have any normal ones) and it got a critical hit and froze me with Ice Beam. With 23/171 health left, I felt it was appropriate to use a Full Restore, but I didn't have any, so I settled for a hyper potion for now. It used Ice Beam again. I healed with an Aspear Berry and took another Ice beam. Finally I got to use Crunch, which finally dropped its defense. Surf put me at 24 health. I hyper potioned up again and it failed again with mirror coat. And then crunch got Sooooooooo close to killing it. It used Aqua Ring to heal a bit. And then a Full Restore. Ugh. Crunch dropped defense again. The next crunch did almost half health, but I took a crit surf. Aqua Ring put him at just under half. Hmmm. I went for it without healing and paid the price. I put him in red without killing him, and he killed me with surf, and Aqua Ring took him out of red. I sent out Gyarados hoping to outspeed it or for it to do something stupid, but it didn't and Gyarados died to Ice Beam. Then I did what I should have done instead and sent out Bibarel. Used his life to Revive Floatzel. For some reason, Milotic used Mirror Coat on Bibarel. Damnit, its just getting health back from stupid Aqua Ring. I tried to see if I could get off a Rock Smash to drop its Defense, but it killed me. Hmm Hmm, back to buisness. Floatzel was snt out and once again failed to kill milotic by a sliver. But this time, surf didn't kill me, and I was able to kill it with the next crunch. Phew. Just a partially damaged Roserade left.

She sent out Roserade, I used Ice Fang, and killed it. GG Cynthia. Thank god I'm done with this Challenge.

Final, Champion Team:

Caesar, the level 57 Empoleon @ Mystic Water

Surf, Shadow Claw, Steel Wing, Drill Peck
Constantly kept at under 1/3 health throughout the final elite four run, so his surf move, powered by Torrent combined with the mystic water, was strong enough to one hit Lucian's Bronzong.

Riptide, the level 54 Whiscash @ Rock Incense

Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Rest <--never got a heart scale to replace with Zen Headbutt, which is really the only reason I got Whiscash
Although he never learned one of his moves, he was vital both in beating the hardest Gym leader (Volkner) and the elite four (especially Aaron's Beautifly and Vespiquen).

Hydra, the level 50 Gyarados @ Wise Glasses

Ice Fang, Flamethrower, Surf, Thunderbolt
Even though he wasn't the best Special Sweeper, with his Attack Stat being double that of his Special Attack, he did his job, and he did it well. In fact, he one hit almost the entire Snowpoint Gym by himself. The Wise Glasses really helped.

Motor, the level 53 Floatzel @ Fist Plate

Focus Blast, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Crunch
Definitely the MVP of my final team. Fast enough to outspeed everyone save Lucian's Alakazam, he was also strong. Won the game for me with his top notch performance against Milotic.

And honorable mention to my two HM Slaves

HM Slave 1, the Bibarel

Rock Climb, Cut, Rock Smash, Strength

HM Slave 2, the Wingull

Fly, Defog

finally, I am on the Champion board.
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Bart Crab
Time and some freedom...

Dominated Route 203, went through Orebough Gate and Mine and SlashGuin evolved!! Orebough Gym was a piece of cake.

Gym Battle: Leader Roark
Pokemon: Lv12 Geodude
Lv12 Onix
Lv14 Cranidos

Bubble went for the K.O. for Geodude and Onix and Bubble+2 Metal Claw K.O.ed Cranidos

Then I saved the game.

Old April 29th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Sora247_2009
Will Sprite for food!!

Nature: Jolly
Can i change to Platinum? I discovered I could only get Dusknoir and Froslass in Platinum, and they both seem like a bigger asset to the team than Mismagius. I'm planning on starting later on with Chimchar till I get Gastly, or I may trade over a Misdreavus egg. That way, I could have an almost full team.
Current Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Flying (Kanto, 0 Badges)
MultiGen Character Challenge: Ash (Gen 2) (0 Badges)
Emerald Nuzlocke (2 Badges, 2 Deaths)

Old April 29th, 2010, 09:56 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora247_2009 View Post
Can i change to Platinum? I discovered I could only get Dusknoir and Froslass in Platinum, and they both seem like a bigger asset to the team than Mismagius. I'm planning on starting later on with Chimchar till I get Gastly, or I may trade over a Misdreavus egg. That way, I could have an almost full team.
Yeah, that's fine. I'm not really trying to keep track of what game everyone is using. If it makes your life easier, then go for it.
Old April 29th, 2010, 11:00 AM
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
Nature: Adamant
Ima gonna take this one with Electric though the first gym shall be absolute bloody murder. I will be using an Emulator and using Platinum

IGN: Adam
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:04 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Opera Ghost View Post
Ima gonna take this one with Electric though the first gym shall be absolute bloody murder. I will be using an Emulator and using Platinum
No, Opera, Pokemon don't have blood. That's why in the anime, they only get little scratches on them. It will just be normal murder. Also, good luck with Bertha.
Old April 29th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Buzimu
Beginning Trainer

Can i take this challenge?
Grass on Platinum

Old April 29th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Bart Crab
Time and some freedom...

went back to Jubilife City, defeated the galactic grunts, dominated through to Floaroma Town defeated all galactic grunts.

Boss Battle: Team Galactic Commander Mars

Pokemon:
Lv15 Zubat
Lv17 Purugly

Piece of cake...
bubblebeam destroyed Zubat in one hit while two hit the Purugly.

Defeated 2 trainers on Route 205 and saved the game.

Old April 30th, 2010, 08:09 AM
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
( Please note my name is The Opera Ghost, not just Opera Ghost )

Im starting it on my emualtor now so i will post an update soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
No, Opera, Pokemon don't have blood. That's why in the anime, they only get little scratches on them. It will just be normal murder. Also, good luck with Bertha.
.... I Lolzed.... Oh S*it! I forgot about Bertha, i WILL do it with my powerful Luxray.

** I WILL start soon but my emulator is f**king up so im ignoring it for the moment

IGN: Adam

Last edited by The Doctor; April 30th, 2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:29 AM
PokeBiscuit84
Beginning Trainer

I had started doing a Buizel Only Run before I found this thread. Can I update on it or is there another thread for solo runs?
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:48 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Well, I guess you could technically call it a water run... But, it would be easier if I just started that thread...
Old April 30th, 2010, 09:52 PM
eveelution
RolePlay Minion

My Ice Type Challenge has officially begun.

I started my journey in a realm of darkness, where a voice asked if I was a boy, and what my name was. Normally I wouldn’t answer, but hey, it was a dream. What could I do? I quickly confirmed that I was male, and asked to be called Cal.

After that I awoke in my room and went downstairs, only for my mother to tell me that my friend Tyson had been looking for me. I walked towards his house, so focused on analyzing the recent T.V. show I had watched about a red gyarados in a lake that Tyson and I ran into each other when I reached his door.

He breathlessly told me that we were going to the lake right outside our hometown of Twinleaf Town. Apparently he wanted to find a pokemon in the lake. However, before I could utter a single word, he ran back into his house to get more supplies. I decided that I should follow him inside.

When I reached his room he was gathering supplies before he darted off, reminding me to meet him outside of town. I did so, and we then walked toward the lake. When we reached the lake there was already two people there. They soon left, but forgot their briefcase. Tyson demanded that we inspect it, even though that entailed us going into the dangerous tall grass.

We approached the briefcase, and found that it held three poke balls. As soon as we registered this fact, Tyson and I were forced to use the pokemon the poke balls held to defend ourselves against two vicious starlys.

With the penguin pokemon piplup at my side we had quickly slain the villainous birds. One of the two who had left there briefcase soon returned, and whisked the briefcase away, though not before seeing that Tyson and I held two of the three poke balls.

Tyson and I left the lake, for we had had enough adventures for the day. However, it seemed that this adventure was not over. We soon met the man that seemed to be the leader of the two owners of the briefcase. He said nothing about Tyson and mine stolen pokemon.

Later, my mother confirmed him to be the great Professor of Pokemon; Rowan. Heh, his name’s a tree. Anyway, my adventure continued, as mother demanded I go see the noble Professor in the neighboring Town of Sandgem.

When I arrived I quickly pinpointed the great residence of the Professor. To my surprise, I once again ran into Tyson, who was leaving the noble Professor’s residence. He said something about challenges and adventures.

I watched him run off, when the assistant from the lake appeared again. She christened herself Dawn, and told me that the Professor was waiting. When I knelt before the Professor, he acknowledged my presence, and beseeched me with a great task. He wanted me to fill the pokedex, as I traveled the land and proved my honor and courage in gym battles. I accepted the challenge, and received the piplup from earlier.

It was an empty gesture however, for at the price of a bidoof, I was soon sent a snorunt. She had the beautiful name of Mich’elle, and though she was Timid* by nature, I knew that we would make a great team. Dawn quickly suggested that I search for my mother’s blessing before my departure, and I agreed. A short journey later, my mother gave me her blessing, and Tyson’s mother asked that I deliver Tyson a package of great importance.

By the time I reached the small Town of Sandgem, Mich’elle had the good fortune to learn double team. I rested up at the poke center before I departed on my long and perilous journey.

As I was leaving the Town of Sandgem, my bag laden with potions, Dawn stopped me to give me a lesson how to handle poke balls with precision and skill. I then accepted the fair lady’s parting gift of five poke balls. With that, I could be assured of my journey’s success.

I quickly slew the evils that haunted the road between Sandgem Town and the great City of Jubilife. Mich’elle was in top form, even when battling the dangerous highway men and women we faced. Upon arrival at Jubilife City, Dawn told me where Tyson abided at the moment, and I quickly went off to deliver the precious goods beseeched me by Tyson’s mother.

The information I had received was not faulty; Tyson was at the School of Pokemon, and I took the opportunity to relieve myself of Tyson’s package. He revealed it to be two maps of high caliber. One for each of us! I accepted my map in good spirits, watching Tyson run off to train.

Soon after I tested my skills at the School training grounds, receiving the TM for Hidden Power from my success. Upon leaving the premises of the great School of Pokemon I found Jubilife City and the surrounding provinces to be a place of splendor, receiving a Quick Claw, an Old Fishing Rod, and even a fabled Poketech.

Upon leaving towards the great mining City of Oreburgh, Tyson beseeched me to accept a challenge of honor. I was the victor hands down, as they say. I then followed along the rout to Oreburgh, where, to my shock and horror, Mich’elle refused to listen to my expert advice. It almost cost her life to a villainous machop, but luckily I had a few Potions that held the power to heal a fallen comrade.

I reached the City of Oreburgh in dire need of advice, and I found that pokemon became rebellious if one did not obtain trinkets of honor and courage called gym badges. My next task was set. Upon reaching the fabled gym, I found that first I must locate the leader before I could achieve my short term goal.

I quickly located him in the mine that the City was famous for. He showed me an impressive rock smash, and returned to his honored post. Now I was one step closer to gaining the badge, and earning Mich’elle’s respect.

I quickly ran to accept the challenge, depositing a geodude I had caught for future references into the ever useful PC. Upon arrival at the gym, I first had to prove my worth by defeating to trainers of high caliber. Then it was time for the great gym leader Roark!

I started off with my beautiful Mich’elle, and Roark countered with a geodude. I asked for a Powder Snow, but Mich’elle decided to use an Icy Wind instead. It was a One-Hit KO, and Mich’elle used a Double Team to confuse the newly sent out onix. I then asked for a Powder Snow, but Mich’elle ignored me, taking a serious Rock Throw. After that, she used Bide instead of Powder Snow, and fell to the Thrown Rock.

I rushed towards the Poke Center, and then I determinedly headed towards Roark. Again the foe’s geodude fell to a Powder Snow. The onix soon followed suit. Last but not least, was the troublesome cranidos, to whom my Mich’elle had no advantage. Mich’elle refused to listen to me, though at the same time, she scored some good hits. After only two Powder Snows, Cranidos had only one fifth of his health. His pursuits missed, and Mich’elle took advantage of this with a Powder Snow. Mich’elle and I had won the Coal Badge! Gym Leader Roark also gave me the TM for stealth rock, and I thanked him deeply. Now I was to travel to Eterna City.

Pokemon

Mich'elle the Snorunt
@ Quick Claw
Timid nature

~ Powder Snow
~ Icy Wind
~ Bide
~ Double Team

HM Slaves On Hand

Geodude
Mild nature

~ Rock Smash

Badges

Coal Badge, from Oreborgh Gym
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:11 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Very nicely done, eveelution! I loved reading your story. I'm so sorry that poor Mich'elle won't obey your orders. Gardenia will allow up to 30.
Old April 30th, 2010, 11:36 PM
eveelution
RolePlay Minion

Thanks, I was wondering how my story would be recieved!

Also, Mich'elle was the first female I hatched, and it happens to have one of the most liked natures for Froslass; Timid! Oh, yeah!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links