Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old December 21st, 2008 (02:54 PM). Edited December 21st, 2008 by Tony Montana.
Say Hello To My Little Friend!

Nature: Relaxed
Allright I arrived at the Indigo Plateau. I tried a few times but I forgot to use a Max Ether and My rival thrashed me...D'oh...But that wont happen next time...

Well when Im the Champion, ill blog the E4. Until then, see ya.

EDIT:
Ill have to train a lot more. Lorelei's difficulty is because of type advantage, but I can handle it. Bruno and Agatha are no challenge. I lose to Lance's Dragonite and his Infinite-PP-Blizzard or if I beat the Dragon-Guy, I lose to Gary's Alakazam (whose PPs never run out). That Sucks! Dragonite used Blizzard like 20 times! Same happens with Alakazam's Psychic!

Kanto(Yellow), Johto(Silver), Hoenn(Ruby), Sinnoh(Platinum): Done
Unova: To Do
Old December 21st, 2008 (11:25 PM).
You are now breathing manually

Guys im restarting my game.
Old December 22nd, 2008 (09:36 AM).

Ok well i dominated my rival and the E4 with 3 normal pokemon and im off to crystal for the first time.

Pokemon i used in E4:

Snorlax
Lvl 49
Body Slam
Toxic
Rest
Surf
Special thanks to this guys since he did the most with his toxic/rest combo saved my a$% plenty of times facing the E4

Excalibird(Pidgeot)
Lvl 53
Fly
Quick-attack
Sand-attack
Sky-attack

Mouse(raticate)
Lvl 54
Quick-attack
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Focus Energy
This guys swept most of the gym leaders but proved to be almost useless against the E4 except the first leader who fell to his thunderbolt.
Old December 22nd, 2008 (11:03 AM).
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
Pokemon Crystal "Blog" Part 4:

After defeating Whitney, it was Morning again, so I backtracked through Ilex forest, and located a Heracross in a tree in Azalea Town, and added it to my team, nicknamed Hercules. As I had 6 pokemon, I had to put one in my box, and Shroomie was benched.

Soon after, I ran into a Scyther, and another member of my team was benched. This time it was Spinner. I found a Dig TM hidden behind the fence in the Park, and I taught it to Charlotte. As I moved on, a lady told me a weird tree didn't like the water, and went to get a squirtbottle. I followed, and her sister gave me a bottle. I went back, and the tree attacked! As it wasn't a bug type, I killed it.

Soon, I reached Ecruteak City, and found Bill inside the Poke Center, and he told me I could now trade between Red, Blue, and Yellow! I left the town to the west, in search of certain pokemon...

I would soon run into wild Magnemites, knowing they had a chance to have a metal coat, After a few hours, I managed to finally grab one, and promptly used VBA link to trade Scizor back and forth for link evolution. Then I finally gave Slash the leveling he needed, and learned Metal Claw :)

I fought the dance girls of the town, who had all of the eeveelutions in the current generation, and gained a Surf TM as a reward! Unfortunately, none of my bugs can learn surf, so I'll be needing a HM slave for it :(

I went into the Gym, only to find that Morty was not there. So I explored the rest of town, and found a place called the Burned Tower. Inside, my Rival appeared and wanted to fight. So I did. A guy named Eusine also showed up, and the three legendary dogs came out of slumber, and ran off. Now I was ready to challenge my 4th gym!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIj8foiNHaM

Current Team:

Celest (Butterfree)
Level: 32

Confusion
Gust
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder

Spitfire (Beedrill)

Fury Attack
TwinNeedle
Cut
Pursuit

Charlotte (Ariados)

Poison Sting
Night Shade
Scary Face
Leech Life

Lilo (Ledian)

Ice Punch
Supersonic
Thunder Punch
Headbutt

Slash (Scizor)

Quick Attack
Metal Claw
Pursuit
Rock Smash

Hercules (Heracross)

Tackle
Horn Attack
Fury Attack
Counter

Old December 22nd, 2008 (11:17 AM).
I turn 1 everyday

I'll be flabbergasted if you don't include Shuckle
Old December 22nd, 2008 (11:20 AM).
Lost and Confused xD

Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
Quote originally posted by TheAbsol:
I'll be flabbergasted if you don't include Shuckle
I probably won't.

Heracross and Scizor are obvious must haves. Ledian is the only bug in this generation that can learn an ice type move to my knowledge, and I need that for dragon types. I don't want another repeat of Lance. Twin Needle is the strongest bug type move I can learn, and Butterfree covers Psychic and Flying, as well as status.

I MAY replace Ariados for Shuckle, but it's doubtful.

Old December 22nd, 2008 (01:28 PM).

YEAH! Im the New CHAMPION! And I just leveled up for two mins!

Well Here are the Battles:

Ice Cold Killa:

Although she had a typr advantage, I easily beat her. The "hard dude" was Lapras, her powerhouse, who spammed Hydro Pump but was no match for Rina's Thunderbolt. Rina did most of the work, with some help from Grounder.

Bruno:

Really easy. He barely left a scratch on Grounder. He OHKOd Both Onix and Hitmonlee with Surf, and 2HKOd Machamp and Hitmonchan with Earthquake. Wasnt actually a challenge.

Agatha:

Same drill as Bruno. Grounder and Roll were outstanding. Quaker aslo helped when Roll fainted due to being badly poisoned (Toxic from Golbat) and Wrap from Arbok. Roll 2HKOd Golbat with Rock Slide and OHKOd Haunter (Earthquake). Arbok was no match for Quaker's Dig; and Gengar fell instantly with Grounder's Earthquake.

Lance:

This dude with cape was hard to beat. Gyarados Took some time (Stupid Hydro Pump spammer), but the 2 Dragonairs fell to Rina's Ice beam. So did Aerodactyl. But Dragonite was the most difficult. I was Lucky because he missed Blizzard TWICE IN A ROW, which bought me some time to revive and use a Max Potion on Rina. Rina OHKOd this dude with a Critical-Hit-Ice Beam. Phew.

Rival Gary:

Lance told me that I would have been the Champ, but Gary beat him first, so I had to challenge him. Time to settle this once and for all.
He sent out Snadslash so I did with Rina. I used Ice beam but he OHKOd me with Earthquake. Grounder finished him with Surf. Then Alakazam Came out. Earthquake weakened him but he OHKOd me again with Psychic. After a long time Quaker took him out. Exeggutor wasnt a match, as he started spamming Leech Seed, and I started Spamming Double Team to the MAX. Some Slash attacks KOd him. When the Cloyster came out I used Dig a few times and KOd him. As for Ninetales, I quickly beat him with Slash and Dig.
I had no PP left for Dig so i could only use slash on Jolteon. when Quaker fainted due to leech seed, Grounder came out and DESTROYED Jolteon with a single Eartquake.
Now, onto Silver!

Final Team:

Rina-Nidoqueen
Lv 49
Thunderbolt
Toxic
Ice Beam
Submission

Grounder - Nidoking
Lv 50
Thrash
Surf
Mega Punch
Earthquake

Roll - Graveler
Lv 43
Strength
Explosion
Rock SLide
Earthquake

Skull - Marowak
Lv 43
Skull Bash
Leer
Bone Club
Thrash

Quaker - Dugtrio
Slash
Double Team
Dig
Cut

Snake - Onix
Lv 49
Rock Throw
Rage
Slam
Harden

Old December 22nd, 2008 (02:07 PM).
Fire Fist

Nature: Docile
Oh noes, everyone is going so fast. :O I'm always really slow with playing through games...

Last time I was about to go challenge Lt. Surge. Well, he was nothing special, and after beating him I went through Rock tunnel. I went to Celadon, fought my way through Team Rocket's hideout, 'saved' Mr. Fuji (thank god all my pokemon had learned more than just normal-type moves by then), got Poke Flute and headed to 12. In there, I captured myself a Snorlax, which was of course pretty hard, since it kept resting all the time. After the capture, I trained Snorlax a bit with that route's trainers.

I got to Fuschia City at last, where I went to Safari Zone to find the last missing members to my team. It took a couple of entrance fees before I managed to find them, but the capture went pretty smoothly in both cases. I said goodbye to Pidgeotto and welcomed my new team members, Kangaskhan and Tauros! I took my time training the newbies into same level as the rest of my team, but there was so many trainers that it wasn't much of a problem. When my whole team was on the same level, I finally evolved Pixie into Clefable (since it had already learned Metronome and everything)! I also beat Erica and the rest of the random trainers on Routes 12, 15 and Cycling road, so next thing will be defeating Team Rocket for good.

It would be pretty easy to just teach some really powerful moves to my team trough TMs, but I thought it would give a little more challenge if I could use only one TM per Pokemon. I think I could go on with that, since that one TM already helps a lot. Raticate already has two, but I'll probably make it forget one when it learns Super Fang.

My team:

Totoro (Snorlax, I don't know why I nicknamed it like that )
Level 35

Body Slam
Amnesia
Rest
Surf

Centaur (Tauros)
Level 35

Stomp
Tackle
Tail Whip
Leer

Raticate
Level 35

Hyper Fang
Focus Energy
Dig
Thunderbolt

Kanga (Kangaskhan)
Level 35

Comet Punch
Rage
Bite
Tail Whip

Pixie (Clefable <3)
Level 35

Doubleslap
Metronome
Sing
Psychic

Fearow
Level 35

Drill Peck
Fury Attack
Leer
Mirror Move

Old December 22nd, 2008 (02:10 PM).

Oay, I just started my Johto journey.
I have my first badge and 2 pkmn. Chose Chilorita because I have a type advantage against Rival's Cyndaquil.

Team so far:

Roll - Geodude
Lv 16
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rock Throw
Magnitude

Glenn - Wooper
Lv 6 (recently caught)
Water Gun
Tail Whip

Planned Team:
Graveler
Quagsire
Pilowsine
Nidoqueen/Donphan
Nidoking

Old December 23rd, 2008 (06:27 AM).
Man with 10000 pronounciations

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ikwaylx
Mortifying Morty

My journey caught the eyes of the Squirtbottle. This bottle gave me the key to getting rid of the 'tree' nearby. Upon squirting said tree, it was revealed to be Sudowoodoo! Ahhh! You mensch, I proceeded to destroy it quickly.
After Sudowoodo, I defeated all the trainers I didn't defeat beforehand and headed up to Ecruteak city.
When in Ecruteak, the first thing I did was challenge the Kimono girls to a rough housing. I won easily, even Espeon!
I recieved surf and taught it to Wranthor for future purposes, my team was becoming slightly more developed!
I found my rival, GERALD in the Burned Tower. He mocked me for having a weak team and complaining about how much of a weakling I am! That made me mad, so I proceeded to berrate him.. With my fists! During this battle, Muscle evolveld! He's now a sexy Machoke.

Now, as for Morty, pff, it could've been worse. I taught Dig to Muscle and used it as much as I could. When I couldn't use dig, I used a combination of Foresight and Seismic Toss. It would've been worse if Foresight wasn't introduced in the 2nd generation...

Now Morty! I'll let the video do the talking as it's pretty straight forward. The only bad part is that Muscle disobeyed me on one turn.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9xOW5auLdb4
IN WIDESCREEN!

Next, I exited Ecruteak and traveled along route 38 and 39, laughing at all the trainers along the way. When I reached Olivine, I came accross Gerald, who continued to mock me and other people for having a heart. That monster! I'll punch him so hard..!
Anyway, I got strength and taught it to Hercule, replacing Horn Attack. I then surfed over to Cianwood, catching a Tentaslave along the way for my whirly, waterfally needs.

Current Team:

Hercule
Level 32
HP: 103
Strength
Fury Cutter
Counter
Endure
Highest Stat: Attack - 95
Lowest Stat: Spc Atk - 47

Muscle
Level 32
HP: 108
Karate Chop
Foresight
Seismic Toss
Dig
Highest Stat: Attack - 77
Lowest Stat: Speed - 43

I love the Silver Machoke sprite, it looks so much more like a primate. It feels different but it looks awesome.

Next segment will be when I save Amphy from certain death!
Old December 23rd, 2008 (07:03 AM).

Well made A LOT more progress in Johto.

I beat Bugst with roll (thrashed him with Rock Throw) and beat Whitney (Glenn Destroyed her pokemon with ease). Now Im about to challenge Morty.

Team

Glenn - Quagsire
Lv 24
Surf
Amnesia
Slam
Ice Punch

Roll - Graveler
Lv 27
Selfdestruct
Defense Curl
Rock Throw
Magnitude

Well, that's all for now. Later.

Old December 23rd, 2008 (07:21 AM).

By the way, Myzou, how did you get the VBA link to work with a Game boy colour game?
Old December 23rd, 2008 (10:30 AM).
Lost and Confused xD

Quote originally posted by Ikwaylx:
By the way, Myzou, how did you get the VBA link to work with a Game boy colour game?
It always does o.O

You just have to connect the right games. (I.E. G/B/C can't link with R/B/Y until after you get time machine :P)

Old December 23rd, 2008 (10:58 AM).

Quote originally posted by Myzou:
It always does o.O

You just have to connect the right games. (I.E. G/B/C can't link with R/B/Y until after you get time machine )
I might need to PM you about this, I want a Machamp but I don't want to start my game over :O

Anyway, I'm working on Chuck at the moment, so expect a blogging later on.
Old December 23rd, 2008 (11:31 AM). Edited December 23rd, 2008 by Tony Montana.

I might need to PM you about this, I want a Machamp but I don't want to start my game over :O

I'd also need help with this, as Id like to evolve Onix, and I need Metal Coat and Trading (I can get Metal Coat from Magnemites) and also have a Golem.

I tried this morning with Blue and Yellow but I couldnt.

Oh and Btw I beat Morty, Chuck and Jasmine

Morty

Roll could get the job done with Gastly and Haunters, as Magnitude affect them in this game, but I sent Glenn to battle Gengar so that Roll want hurt by Curse.
He put me to sleep but I healed it with Full Heal. Then I surfed him to DEATH.

Chuck
As almost ALL of my pokemon were Rock-Type, his Poliwrath OHKOd them with Surf. Primeape wasnt hard to beat, as he went down with two Magnitudes form Roll. Glenn made a hard effort and Kod him after several Slam Attacks (with many Full Heals and Super/Hyper Potions).

Jasmine
There is NO WAY to lose to her, just like Sabrina. Roll KOd Magnemite and Glenn OHKOd Steelix and 2HKOd Magnemite with Surf. Wasnt a challenge.

Well, Im now trying to get a metal coat (and some help on how to get the emulator to trade) so Rocky (Onix) evolves into Steelix.

Team

Roll - Lv 29
Selfdestruct
Defense Curl
Rock Throw
Magnitude

Rocky - Lv 23
Strength
Screech
Rock Throw
Bind

Glenn - Lv 30
Surf
Amnesia
Slam
Ice Punch

I now have another team in mind:

Steelix

Quagsire

Golem

Nidoking

Donphan

Better, ain't it?

Old December 23rd, 2008 (04:15 PM).
Lost and Confused xD

Try opening 2 VBA link windows, and the reagular VBA. Open the VBA safe file on regular VBA. Then use the export snapshot thing (I think it was called snapshot...) save it somewhere. Close the regular VBA.

Open said game on both of your VBA Link windows. Go to file and Import the snapshot. Do so, and load the games that have now been saved. Make sure "Pause when inactive window" is unchecked on the emulator options. Load the games, and go to trade. MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A POKECENTER. Entering a poke center will crash the game. After it's traded, save the game, and save the game file elsewhere. Open the regular VBA and load the game file.

Old December 23rd, 2008 (05:56 PM).

Try opening 2 VBA link windows, and the reagular VBA. Open the VBA safe file on regular VBA. Then use the export snapshot thing (I think it was called snapshot...) save it somewhere. Close the regular VBA.

Open said game on both of your VBA Link windows. Go to file and Import the snapshot. Do so, and load the games that have now been saved. Make sure "Pause when inactive window" is unchecked on the emulator options. Load the games, and go to trade. MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN A POKECENTER. Entering a poke center will crash the game. After it's traded, save the game, and save the game file elsewhere. Open the regular VBA and load the game file.
Thank you a bunch Myzou! My Muscle is now even more musclier! I heard that VBA link can work with Wi-fi, or at least in the future..
Intriguing!
Anyway, thanks, I'll blog my battle with Chuck tomorrow.
Old December 24th, 2008 (03:09 AM).

Nature: Quirky
I haven't really made this a priority.

I beat Erika.

Current play time = 8.13
Badges: 4
Version: Yellow

Party: 3

Venonat
Bug-Poison
< unevolved >
Level 25
74 / 40 / 37 / 32 / 29
~ Confusion ~ Disable ~ Tackle ~ Supersonic

Butterfree
Bug-Flying
Level 27
76 / 34 / 44 / 52 / 54
~ Confusion ~ Bide ~ Sleep Powder ~ Tackle

Parashoes, the Parasect
Bug-Grass
Level 27
74 / 62 / 58 / 28 / 56
~ Mega Drain ~ Stun Spore ~Leech Life ~ Cut
========
~ lost to a Hiker's Graveler in Rock Tunnel...
~ Coin count is currently 4880; 6500 needed for Pinsir/Scyther (each)
~ Safari Zone...
Old December 24th, 2008 (05:46 AM). Edited December 24th, 2008 by Tony Montana.

I tried that a lot of times but I still cant trade (and I use the TradeLink emulator). I just dont know why.

Now, the battle against Pryce:

Wasn't hard, Glenn was the star again because of his newly-acquired-Earthquake. Roll also helped using Rock throw against Piloswine, and killed him. Glenn destroyed ol' Pryce's seal pokemon (Seel and Dewgong) with terrible ease. After receiving his badge, Elm called me because of a strange radio broadcast. Team Rocket hd taken over the Radio Tower.

Now, to save Goldenrod! (and evolve Rocky and Roll)

Old December 24th, 2008 (08:36 AM). Edited December 27th, 2008 by processr.
Crystal Tier

Mind if I jump in and choose Poison-type Pokémon? Just started a file on Pokémon Red, am about to choose Bulbasaur.

EDIT: =< Never mind. Gave up. xD;
Old December 24th, 2008 (08:39 AM).
the man in black
Crystal Tier

I'm going to do this on FR using the ground type
Old December 24th, 2008 (10:59 AM).

Ill make this short. I got through Victory Road and Im training in it.

Clair:
Kingdra was a bit hard, due to the fact That it is a Water Type and Ice Punch is not Super Effective. But 2 Earthquakes were enough to defeat it. The Dragonairs weren't hard as Ice punch 2HKOd htem easily. Then I had to look for a Dragon Fang in Dragon's Den because she didn't want to give me the badge, but I found it easily and she appaeared and (finally) admitted she lost and gave me the badge and TM Dragonbreath. Then I bailed from that cave and headed to New Bark to get the Master Ball and surf east to reach Kanto.

Team:

Glenn - Lv 45
Surf
Amnesia
Earthquake
Ice Punch

Porky - Lv 31
Tackle
Powder Snow
Endure
Take Down

Roll - Lv 41
Rollout
Earthquake
Rock Throw
Defense Curl

Grounder - Lv 31
Surf
Earthquake
Thrash
Double Kick

Rocky - Lv 39
Rock Throw
Strength
Sandstorm
Screech

So Ill train till my party's around 45. Ill start blogging once Im the Champion.

Old December 24th, 2008 (11:13 AM).

Weird Hunter
On my way out of town I saw Suicune. Sweet huh. Well as i got near it this dude name Eugene came in yelling about how it’s his and fought with me. I beat him badly but by the time i was done Suicune was gone Eugene said he’ll get it next time and ran off. Weird dude.
Steel fight
I flew back on Hoots to the light house and gave the meds up and the poor Pokémon stated to feel better then Jasmine left to get ready for our fight. Bring it. The fight was hard and long but Kite surfed Steelex one last time to clinch Victory for me. That win was the one that lead to my 6th badge.
My sights are now set upon the next town and my 7th badge.
My team
Kite-Mantine Lv. 32
High= Spcl. Def.-102
Low=Attack-39
Hoots-Noctowl Lv. 32
High= Spcl. Def.-77
Low=defence-50
Dude-Ledian Lv. 32
High= Spcl. Def-89
Low-Attack-38
Batty-Golbat Lv. 32
High= speed-77
Low=defence-61
Old December 24th, 2008 (12:00 PM). Edited December 24th, 2008 by Ikwaylx.

How Much Wood Could a Woodchuck Chuck?

The port city of Olivine kind of reminds you of Sunyshore doesn't it? The lighthouse on the bottom right, the sea scape.. Why was Jasmine to visit? No one knows, but she gave us waterfall! Heck yeah!
Anyway, Surfing the long journey to Cianwood lead me to some tough trainers who I defeated in one hit. I'm not exaggerating, all of them went down in one hit..

Once I reached Cianwood, I realised a grave mistake.. This mistake was that I forgot to offer help to Jasmine in the lighthouse! It was no matter, it would just mean a return trip to the Cianwood later on. I entered the gym, where I sparred and wrestled with fellow fighting types. Drinks were shared and good times were had with the Blackbelts! However, I wasn't there to get drunk silly: I had to do business with Chuck, the fighting master!
If this game had an automatic Sleep Clause, the battle against him would've been easier.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wlEBYwvJqvw
Now in even better widescreen!

Taking Myzou's advice, I decided to set up a VBA link in order to trade with myself. With this, I obtained Musclechamp! The ultimate being!
I may do some more trading to get Poliwrath, but to be honest with you: I can't be bothered. Poliwrath isn't too strong, and I have a great variety of fighting types to help my cause.

Anyway, returning home to Olivine; traveling through the lighthouse. Things were - again, not very hard to overcome. I even got a rare candy which I won't use! Hooray!
Anyway, talked to Jasmine and then did a return trip to Cianwood, grabbing the secretpotion.
Finally, I surfed along back to Olivine and fixed up Amphy. Now she's a healthy soul and will stop the ferries from crashing into the rocks!

Current Team

Muscle
Level 36
HP: 125
Karate Chop
Foresight
Vital Throw
Dig
Highest Stat: Attack - 106
Lowest Stat: Speed - 55

Hercule
Level 36
HP: 115
Strength
Fury Cutter
Take Down
Endure
Highest Stat: Attack - 107
Lowest Stat: Spcl. Atk - 53

Very creative name for your Heracross Myzou!

Next blog will come when I sort out the problem with Team Rocket in Mahogany.
Old December 24th, 2008 (09:49 PM).
Polursaring!

Hi, I'll take bug if possible and I'll start in Blue. Is there a problem if I'm new, because this appealed to me.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)