The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 31st, 2010 (08:27 PM).
Medli
I am Error.

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman324 View Post
Well, Camerupt isn't THAT bad, and Torkoal has pretty good stats (besides speed, but Blazekin and Ninetails are fast enough), so the run won't be to bad. But if I was forced to play Diamond or Pearl in Fire, I would just solo with Infernape, cause Rapidash sucks.
I have reasons for hating Camerupt. : P

I like Torkoal and all (a turtle that isn't a water type? what a concept!), but I'm one of those people that likes to get things done fast. I'm afraid I'm going to train it up to a nice level, and then I'll bring it to face Wallace and I'll get outsped and Surfed/Hydro Pumped/Water Spouted/etc. away. I'm not planning on grinding like crazy and overleveling either.

And that's why I'm going to use Platinum. They have Houndour, so I won't be stuck with a crazed monkey and a horse on fire.

---
Fire Monotype Challenge: Part 38 - Of Rivals and Creepy Stalkers

Trainer Name: Seb
Badges: 0
Generation: III (on Emerald)

Log
:
After stocking up on some Potions, I started west of Oldale. I stopped by to talk with that guy who was sketching the Pokemon footprints. He sighed and told me that they were only his own footprints.

A trainer stopped me and reminded me that whenever two trainer's eyes meet, it's time for a battle. What does he think I am? A beginner? Zara eventually learned Ember! I made it to Petalburg City and, after healing Zara, went straight to the Pokemon Gym. I was happy to see my dad and his Pokemon. Suddenly, a boy with green hair came in. He introduced himself as Wally, and asked my father to lend him some Pokemon so that he could catch one for himself. My dad agreed and I offered to go with Wally to help him.

We went outside, and I told him to look in the tall grass. In no time, we found a Ralts. Wally weakened it with a Zigzagoon and caught it! We went back to the gym, and he thanked us. I wanted a battle with my dad, but he suggested that I challenge the gym in the next town instead. He promised that we would battle after I got 4 badges.

When I walked out, a man in sunglasses and a blue shirt stopped me. He looked at me thoughtfully and mumbled something about looking for trainers with talent. Before I had time to say that I had beaten both the Kanto and Johto Elite Four, he walked off. Hmph. It's not like he's going to show up again and become an important person or anything like that. That would be crazy.

---

Okay, fine. I admit. I'm in a creative writing mood, and it's kinda fun.

And I just realized something. I don't recall if Blaziken can learn Flamethrower by level up. And I can't remember where you get the TM for Flamethrower... wait. Isn't that the one you buy at the Game Corner for a ridiculous amount of money...? That's not good. I need that money for Hyper Potions!

Edit: I feel sorry for Wally. He's going to have a gender-confused Gardevoir (aka a male one). Too bad Gallade isn't in this generation. It makes me wonder why the game designers created male Lopunnys and female Machamps. Ugh.
Old January 31st, 2010 (09:20 PM).
raekuul
Team Anorith Grunt

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to raekuul Send a message via Yahoo to raekuul
Rule 6 exists because you have to go through all the generations with the same type, and it's impossible to get one of the types before the Elite Four even with trading in the remakes (and the other would be a solo run anyway).

That, and it's TRADITION!

No longer doing Monotype Challenges
I support the following names: Coppereon, Wyrmeon, Scorpeon, Skarmory, Watelp
Hex Addresses for type information
Old January 31st, 2010 (09:27 PM).
mattman324
RUN TO THE HILLS, EVERYONE!

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahYeahYeahs View Post
I have reasons for hating Camerupt. : P

I like Torkoal and all (a turtle that isn't a water type? what a concept!), but I'm one of those people that likes to get things done fast. I'm afraid I'm going to train it up to a nice level, and then I'll bring it to face Wallace and I'll get outsped and Surfed/Hydro Pumped/Water Spouted/etc. away. I'm not planning on grinding like crazy and overleveling either.
Camerupt = awesome type coverage.

Blazekin can learn Blaze Kick, which is the same power as Fthrower, but with an increased Crit rate and a slight miss rate.

And Torkoal can survive a water attack at a decent level, but why aren't you just using Blazekin to sweep his team? Because at a high enough level, Blazekin can still sweep with Sky Uppercut (or Brick Break), Blaze Kick, Return/Slash, and Overheat.

Completed: Red, Silver, and Emerald. Platinum eventually...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 Well, keeping this around because SOMEONE needs to.
Old February 1st, 2010 (02:00 AM). Edited February 1st, 2010 by mondays suck.
mondays suck
:)

Player: mondays suck
Type: Dragon
Badges: 16

Generation: II (Crystal)

I had stopped with 13 badges, only the stuff after Snorlax being left. The last 3 badges were easy, against Brock and Blaine I had a type advantage, against Blue (I just noticed that they all start with B, was that done on purpose?) some of his Pokemon survived a hit, but none of them could do anything to Kingdra.

Red Time!
VSFirst turn, I set up Rain while Pikachu uses Charm. Too bad my Kingdra is a pure Special attacker... A Surf OHKOd then.
VSEspeon survived a Surf with very low HP, but luck remained on my side and it set up Reflect and died the next turn.
VSSurf did about 1/3, Snorlax used Amnesia. I was already thinking this could take a while, but then I got a crit Surf and KOd Snorlax. Is more luck possible? Oh, and I think Rain must have stopped here, but because I was playing at high speed, I didn't notice it
VSInstead of using Ice Beam, I misclicked and used Surf which did pretty much nothing. Venusaur first charged his Solarbeam then, survived my Ice Beam, and I can't exactly remember the rest, but somehow it set up Sun. Or maybe it first set up Sun and then used Solarbeam...? I really should stop playing even bosses at high speed...
VSDragonbreath is not exactly the most powerful move out there, so Blastoise took some hits to die. I don't know what it exactly did in its turns, but the only damaging thing it did was a Blizzard that did surpisingly much, but then again not enough to endanger my victory. Probably it was paralyzed and/or set up Rain in its turns.
VSSurf OHKOd.

Final Team:

Poseidon / Kingdra m Lv.76
@ Leftovers
- Dragonbreath
- Rain Dance
- Surf
-
Ice Beam
Seriously, I never finished a Johto game before with a total level as low as that. And Kingdra was even traded...

On to Ruby, where I will finally use more than 1 Pokemon! But first I will have solo all the way to Fallarbor or what the town where Swablu lives was called again, because I'm not in the mood to have to try 20 times for a successful trade
Old February 1st, 2010 (10:27 AM). Edited February 1st, 2010 by Medli.
Medli
I am Error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman324 View Post
Camerupt = awesome type coverage.

Blazekin can learn Blaze Kick, which is the same power as Fthrower, but with an increased Crit rate and a slight miss rate.

And Torkoal can survive a water attack at a decent level, but why aren't you just using Blazekin to sweep his team? Because at a high enough level, Blazekin can still sweep with Sky Uppercut (or Brick Break), Blaze Kick, Return/Slash, and Overheat.
I guess I'm just not fond of Camerupt's design. I choose Pokemon on design, not necessarily usefullness.

I thought Blaze Kick had 85 base power while Flamethrower had 95? Or maybe I'm forgetting/missing something? It's been a while since I've use a Blaziken.

You mean, like, solo-ing the game with Blaziken? Or just getting Blaziken to some ridiculous level and just beasting the Elite Four? Because I don't think there's any fun in that. I probably could sweep all the games with my starter, but I'd get bored of sending out the same Pokemon every single time. I personally like a little variety. Meh. That's just me. I know I'm complaining about facing Wallace and all that, but I really do like the challenge.

---

Fire Monotype Challenge: Part 39 - I Know Kung-Fu

Badges: 1

Log
:
I decided to continue onward through the Petalburg Woods, training Zara along the way. I decided to catch a Taillow, and I named it Tanya just for the heck of it. Then, a man came up and asked me if I had seen a Shroomish. Before I could answer, a guy wearing a blue bandana rushed up and attacked us! But his Poochyena was no match for Zara. He walked away, mumbling something about "Devon Goods." The man I helped suddenly panicked and ran off after him.

When I got out of the forrest, I saw some weird fruits growing on trees. Apparently, they're Berries. They didn't look like any of the Berries from Johto. And then, two girls stopped me and asked me for a double battle. Unfortunately, Tanya fainted in the battle after Zara's Ember "accidentally" hit her.

I made it to Rustburo City, but I decided to go north for some more training. The residents of the city told me that the Gym Leader, Roxanne, uses Rock types, and that Fire types don't work well against them. We'll show them. I decided to catch a Nincada, and I named it Nick. After our training, Zara evolved into Combusken and learned Double Kick! I knew I was ready, so I went to the Gym and destroyed all the Geodudes with Fighting attacks.

Roxanne's Geodudes were also no match. Then she sent out a... Nosepass? A giant rock with a giant nose? I'm still trying to figure out what that thing was. Despite that, Zara's Double Kick was enough to win the battle. At least I got the badge in the end, but I'm still confused about the Nosepass. Next thing you'll be telling me is that in Hoenn, there are camels with volcanoes on their backs. Now that would be crazy.

Team:

Zara (Level 19)
- Ember
- Double Kick
- Peck
- Scratch

---

My creativity is running out. Back to boring logs/shorter ones later.
Old February 1st, 2010 (04:02 PM).
subame
I control the spice!

Location: The abyss..or Louisiana, its pretty much the same, but, we have gumbo!
Nature: Quirky
Actually,so far, this run hasn't been too much trouble, especially now with Psychics out of the way....

-Trudged on to Snowpoint
-Beat Candace, Focus Blast, Fire Fang, or Poison Jab one to two shotted everything
-Assaulted Team Galactic HQ
-Fought Cyrus...a tad harder than before...However, he is much better than Giovanni, Archie or Maxie..
-About it

Seraph Lv41 F
Poison Point-Impish-Big Root
Giga Drain
Magical Leaf
Hyper Beam
Toxic

Bram Lv44 M
Inner Focus-Quiet-none
Pluck
Aerial Ace
Confuse Ray
Bite

Bonnie Lv43 F
Dry Skin-Naive-none
Mud Bomb
Poison Jab
Focus Blast
Nasty Plot

Jezebel Lv45 F
Sniper-Bold-none
Poison Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Fire Fang

The team is doing pretty well, movesets almost finalized, getting ready for Coronet and the Distortion World.....I don't really predict any major future problems.....except for Buck...he may cause issues...

In-Progress

Rocked through Kanto....
Rolled through Johto.....
Partyin' through Hoenn...
Old February 1st, 2010 (05:45 PM).
elavate7
Beginning Trainer

ill take ground and start on blue
Old February 1st, 2010 (05:55 PM).
Medli
I am Error.

Fire Monotype Challenge: Part 40 - Grah! Keelhaul it all!

Badges: 2

Log
:
  • Retrieved the Devon Goods from the Team Aqua member, who says, in my opinion, the best line ever, so I decided to honor him by putting his quote in the title.
  • Tried to figure out how to pronounce "Devon." Dev-In? Dee-Von? De-Von? Deh-Ven? Oh well. Whatever.
  • Got the Devon Goods and Steven's Letter.
  • Fought May outside Rustburo. Whoa, didn't expect that one. She has a Torkoal? Seriously?
  • Sailed with Mr. Briney to Dewford.
  • Apparently, "Tasty Commemorate" is the hottest thing in Dewford. I'm not ever sure what that means. Usually, the phrases that the game comes up with make a little bit of sense, but this just confuses me.
  • Challenged the Dewford Gym. Freakin' Meditites and their Detect move.
Battle Against Brawly:
  • Yes, he has a separate segment for one reason. So, his Machop went down to a lucky Critical Double Kick. Not too hard.
  • I used Peck on Meditite, and it used Reflect, so I switched to Ember.
  • Finally, comes Makuhita. Ah, Makuhita. Makuhita is awesome and all, and I love Hariyama, but... ugh. I couldn't use Ember in case Makuhita had Thick Fat, and I was afraid of burning it and activating Guts (I've had incredible luck with burning opponents so far), so I used Double Kick. He used Bulk Up, so Double Kick did even less, and the Reflect was still up. He used Reversal, which did about a third, and his Sitrus Berry activated. He continued to Bulk Up, while Reflect finally wore off. He used Vital Throw, which left me with 15 HP, and Brawly used a Super Potion. I decided to use a Super Potion as well. A turn or two later, he used Reversal, and Zara fainted. Aw hell naw.
  • Attempt number two. Machop went down easily again, though he got in a Karate Chop, and Brawly wasted a Potion. He used another Potion on Meditite, but Zara fainted it before it set up a Reflect. Double Kick does a lot more on Makuhita, now. He Bulked Up and used its Sitrus Berry, but my next Double Kick Critical'd. YES WIN. First time I've ever lost to Brawly.
Team:

Zara (Level 23)
- Ember
- Double Kick
- Peck
- Scratch

---

I made the executive decision to add a Torkoal to my team. I've never trained one before, so it should be interesting. Now, for a nickname... I'm torn between a few.
Old February 1st, 2010 (06:17 PM). Edited February 2nd, 2010 by BlackRay.
BlackRay
The other trainer.

Nature: Hasty
I changed it to electric and I will be playing YELLOW

{Hopefully they will make Kanto remakes '}

#624 -
Pawniard / Komatana
Dark / Steel
Routes 9 and 11

Blades comprise this Pokémon's entire body. If battling dulls the blades, it sharpens them on stones by the river.

Old February 1st, 2010 (08:25 PM).
elavate7
Beginning Trainer

I beat Brock and misty already.....
Old February 1st, 2010 (08:59 PM).
SuperJames
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SuperJames
i might as well give a status report to

so far i had a.....

Gravlar lvl 28

Sandslash lvl 26

It took me a while to beat misty she keep OHKOing me with starmie so i had to use self destruct with gravlar when misty used a x defend first go

now im on route 11 i think
Old February 2nd, 2010 (12:48 AM).
Ekans Elttar
Beginning Trainer

Current Stats:

Player: Malfoy
Badges: 6
Pokedex: 9
Time: 7:56
Current Version: Emerald

Current Team:

Salamence Level 52

Headbutt
Flamethrower
Dragonbreath
Fly

Nature: Mild
Ability: Rock Head

Vibrava Level 36

Crunch
Dragonbreath
Faint Attack
Dig

Nature: Rash
Ability: Levitate

HM Slave: Linoone: Surf, Cut, Rock Smash

Not a lot to say here, other than I've started up again so I can be (I think) the first to finish the Dragon monotype. I'm training hard with Gabby and Ty. Once Vibrava evolves into Flygon, I should be good to sweep the rest of the game and continue on into Gen IV.
Old February 2nd, 2010 (01:47 AM).
mondays suck
:)

I'm also pretty sure you will finish the mono Dragon before me, since I have not even managed yet to trade my Gyarados and Makuhita from my last Ruby game over to another file, so I can't even start yet...
I hate VBA Link...

And not to mention how slow I currently play on generation 4 games, I still didn't continue on Bug just because I can't listen to music while playing a DS emulator....
Old February 2nd, 2010 (04:49 AM).
Leader Maylene
Veilstone Gym Leader

Nature: Brave
Just started Hoenn choose Torchic as my starter

Next update i should have a Shroomish.

Completed Yellow and Crystal now onto Emerald.

Click Shiny Hitmontop to access my eggs.
Old February 2nd, 2010 (09:50 AM).
mattman324
RUN TO THE HILLS, EVERYONE!

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekans Elttar View Post
Current Stats:

Player: Malfoy
Badges: 6
Pokedex: 9
Time: 7:56
Current Version: Emerald

Current Team:

Salamence Level 52

Headbutt
Flamethrower
Dragonbreath
Fly

Nature: Mild
Ability: Rock Head

Vibrava Level 36

Crunch
Dragonbreath
Faint Attack
Dig

Nature: Rash
Ability: Levitate

HM Slave: Linoone: Surf, Cut, Rock Smash

Not a lot to say here, other than I've started up again so I can be (I think) the first to finish the Dragon monotype. I'm training hard with Gabby and Ty. Once Vibrava evolves into Flygon, I should be good to sweep the rest of the game and continue on into Gen IV.
That's Intimidate, right? Salamence drops Rock Head after it evolves.

Completed: Red, Silver, and Emerald. Platinum eventually...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168 Well, keeping this around because SOMEONE needs to.
Old February 2nd, 2010 (10:45 AM).
Suzume
Fire Fist

Nature: Docile
I'm glad this thread is still going. :D I started Normal challenge over a year ago, but when I bought Diamond (and later Platinum) I had other stuff to do. Now I finally found my old Gameboy Color again and remembered this challenge. I'm still on the challenge~

When I turned the game on I didn't remember what I was doing last, so I went to beat Koga first. Then I realized I was in the middle of beating Silph Co. so I went there and after a short confusement with the warp panels found my way through and beat Giovanni. After that it was Sabrina's time to meet her loss. I found my way through Seafoam Islands (why are Pokemon like Seal, Horsea and Shellder appearing on the ground?) and made it into the Cinnabar Island. Right now I'm in the middle of the what's-it-called-Fire mansion.

I looked at my previous post and found out I had made a desicion to use only one TM for one Pokemon. Well, screw that, I don't want to do it like that anymore. xD Besides, I already taught my Pokemon some HMs while not remembering that desicion, so...

My team:

Totoro (Snorlax)
Level 42

Body Slam
Amnesia
Rest
Surf

Centaur (Tauros)
Level 42

Stomp
Tackle
Earthquake
Leer

Raticate
Level 41

Hyper Fang
Focus Energy
Dig
Thunderbolt

Kanga (Kangaskhan)
Level 42

Strength
Mega Punch
Bite
Leer

Pixie (Clefable <3)
Level 41

Doubleslap
Metronome
Sing
Psychic

Fearow
Level 41

Drill Peck
Fly
Leer
Mirror Move

Old February 2nd, 2010 (11:27 AM).
Charmageddon
Charizard has evolved into ^

Huzzah! Exams are over, and I am free to chill out and play a little Pokemon. Sign me up for Fighting, please!

I've already started on Yellow, I named myself O-Chul (a cookie if you get the reference) and my rival Chuck (as in Norris), caught a Mankey and named it Ape Insane. Me 'n' Ape Insane headed down to the Pokemon League, a little ahead of ourselves to be honest, and promptly got our asses wupped by Chuck. Damn Spearow. I grinded a little, and next time that Spearow went down to a couple of Scratches. Eevee was a non-challenge against Low Kick. Ape Insane got steadily more badass from then on, shattering Brock's rocks into pebbles.

I might catch myself another Mankey, as I'm not gonna be able to get another Pokemon until Rock Tunnel, and if I solo with Primeape until then he's gonna be overlevelled, and I hate being overlevelled. Sigh... well, at least Fighting-types suck in Gen I, so it'll still be a challenge.

Old February 2nd, 2010 (02:58 PM).
raekuul
Team Anorith Grunt

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to raekuul Send a message via Yahoo to raekuul
Charma: Planning on figuring out the enemy movesets one saving throw at a time?

No longer doing Monotype Challenges
I support the following names: Coppereon, Wyrmeon, Scorpeon, Skarmory, Watelp
Hex Addresses for type information
Old February 2nd, 2010 (03:24 PM).
Flamboyant
Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥

Nature: Relaxed
So, finally, I caught my first ground pokemon.
Brock was a @!#¬&*% to beat with only Pikachu.
Being level 15, I got throught Geodude with 6 double team and a whole lot of quick attack.
Then, on to Onix. I gave my Pikachu a potion, then began with the quick attack again. Unfortunatly, I ran out of PP. Quick attack being my only usable move, I had to use up all of my thundershock, thunder wave and what was left of my double team.
Since all it used was bide and some screech, it didn't attack me once during that (well maybe a tackle or two).
Yeah, so I finally KO'd it with struggle. Lot's of fun.

So now here's my team :

Sandrine lvl. 14

-Scratch
-Sand attack

I'm keeping Pikachu in my PC for flash, eventually. (Even if it hates my guts now xD)
So yeah, right now I'm training a bit before entering Mt.Moon and catch a Geodude.
Old February 2nd, 2010 (05:36 PM).
Medli
I am Error.

I'm in a creative mood again, so you know what that means. And I'm procrastinating on homework, so... all the more reason to take my sweet time on this! It's not difficult homework, but I just don't feel like doing it.

---

Fire
Monotype Challenge: Part 41 - In Which Our Hero Meets Someone Awesome

Badges: 2

Log
:
After Zara and I finally defeated Brawly and his Makuhita, we decided to go looking for Steven at the request of Mr. Stone. We told that he could be found in the Granite Cave, looking for rare stones. A Hiker in the cave warned me about the darkness, and gave me HM05 Flash. I taught it to Nick the Nincada. I also decided to catch an Aron for later, and I named it Aaron.

The cave was dark and had many winding pathways. I accidentally stumbled upon a hole in the back of cave. When I crawled through the hole, I saw a man examining the rock wall in the back of the alcove. I knew it had to be Steven. I introduced myself and handed him the letter. He thanked me by giving me a TM which contained Steel Wing. Then he noticed Zara and complimented me on my training. He told me that I had a chance of becoming the Hoenn Champion, and ran off.

I returned to where Mr. Briney kept his boat, and I asked him if we go set sail to Slateport City. He agreed and soon we were on our way. When we arrived at Slateport, I noticed a long line at what appeared to be a museum. They all wore blue bandanas and looked like the people I had fought before (Team... Aqua like that, or something?). One of them mumbled something about wanting a "Gameboy Advance" to avoid the boredom of standing in line... whatever a Gameboy Advance is. Never heard of it.

I immediately went over to the shipyard and asked for Captain Stern. No one knew where I was, so I went back to the museum. When I went in, I saw all the Team Aqua members in the museum. I went upstairs where there was only one man there. I went up to him, and he introduced himself as Captain Stern. Before I could I could give him the Devon Goods, two of the Team Aqua members attacked us! I sent out Zara to protect Captain Stern and I. After I defeated those two, another man walked in and introduced himself as the leader, Archie. He glared at me and asked if I was part of Team Magma. Wait, who are they again? He then started rambling about a goal to expand the sea for Pokemon and people alike. He told me I was too young to understand and walked off.

Captain Stern thanked me and I handed him the Devon Goods. We both parted ways and I headed out of the museum. I was stopped again by the guy with the sunglasses. He asked me if I fought off Team Magma and told me that his name was Scott. He mentioned something about looking for talented trainers. He then registered his number on my PokeNav and walked off before I could get a word in.
Team:

Zara (Level 26)
- Ember
- Double Kick
- Peck
- Scratch

---
Long logs are long. The title is referring to Steven, not Archie... or Scott, by the way. Scott just creeps me out. Especially his sunglasses. His sunglasses scare me. And I can't decide on a nickname for Torkoal. Sigh.
Old February 2nd, 2010 (06:28 PM).
polkop
LSHMSFOAIDMT

Nature: Quiet
Update for my grass challenge.
- Start my Silver Game and choose Chikorita
- Did the prof Elm job
- I get my first badge with Chikorita
- Caught Bellsprout
- Caught Hoppip
- Defat the Team Rockt in the Slowpoke Well
- Chikorita evolve into Bayleef
- Get My second badge with Bayleef since I want to catch all my 6 pokemon befor training him
- Beat my rival
- Caught Oddish
- Caught Paras
- Win a Sun Stone in the bug contest
- I'm going to catch a Sunkern before I start my training

My actual team:
Bayleef - Lv 23
- Tackle
- Poisonpowder
- Razor Leaf
- Synthesis

Bellsprout - Lv 7
- Vine Whip
- Growth
- Cut

Hoppi Lv 7
- Splash
- Synthesis
- Tail Whip
- Headbutt

Oddish - Lv 8
- Absorb
- Sweet Scent

Paras - Lv 8
- Scatch
- Fury Cutter
- Stun Spore
Old February 2nd, 2010 (08:08 PM).
Cardwell74
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cardwell74
Johto Update #2
a short update after 2 days of a bad flu

-caught a wooper
-trained him a little
-made way through union cave
-cleared slowpoke well quest
-beat Silver before the gym

current team

Phanpy (lvl 16)
-Tackle
-Growl
-Defense Curl
-Mud Slap

Wooper (Lvl 16)
-Water Gun
-(some status move i can't remember and am too tired to look up)
-Slam

HM Slaves
Chikorita
-Flash

will probably play more tomorrow

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Electric
Yellow -> Crystal -> Sapphire -> Platinum

Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Grass
Blue -> Silver -> Emerald -> Platinum

Ultimate Monotype Challenges Completed
Ground: Yellow -> Crystal -> Ruby -> Platinum (Done out of order)
Water: Blue -> Crystal -> Emerald -> Platinum
Flying: Blue -> Gold -> Emerald -> Platinum
Fighting: Yellow -> Crystal -> Ruby -> Platinum

Single Monotype Challenges Completed
Fire: Gold
Poison: Yellow
Old February 2nd, 2010 (11:39 PM).
Leader Maylene
Veilstone Gym Leader

Nature: Brave
caught Shroomish and is training on my way to vs Roxanne

Completed Yellow and Crystal now onto Emerald.

Click Shiny Hitmontop to access my eggs.
Old February 3rd, 2010 (07:13 AM).
Medli
I am Error.

It's snowing outside and school is closed. It's also not windy, so all the snow stayed on the the tree branches (our backyard is basically in the woods), and it's absolutely beautiful! But that's just the nerdy artist in me talking.

---

Fire Monotype Challenge: Part 42 - I'm Sick of Electrical Puns aka Shocking, Isn't It?

Badges: 3

Log
:
  • Went to the Pokemon Fanclub. Apparently, I'm famous enough that they want an interview from me. They asked me what I thought of when I first saw Zara. I told her, "We were going to be invincible." She then asked me what Pokemon mean to me, and I said, "Friends." Apparently, I'm going to be on TV. Who da thunk? I also got a Soothe Bell and I gave it to Zara just for the heck of it. I can't wait to get the Amulet Coin for some more money.
  • Went up north and fought off all the trainers. Double battles are annoying because I only have one real team member. And the double battle failed more because the Plusle used a Helping Hand on the Minun, who then used a Helping Hand. Epic fail. Anyway, I just Ember'd away my slaves so that Zara can get all the experience. I feel bad for Aaron the Aron, though. I love Aron/Aggron.
  • Faced off against May again. Beat her again.
  • Made it to Mauville and defeated Wally. And damn it, Stalker is back.
  • Went to the Mauville Gym and easily defeated Wattson. Wattson is ridiculously easy thanks to Combusken. I can also use Ember to avoid Static. Win!
  • Taught the Rock Smash HM to Aaron the Aron.
Team:

Zara (Level 32)
- Ember
- Double Kick
- Peck
- Quick Attack

---

I still can't decide between a nickname for Torkoal. I have a few, but none of them are particularly good.
Old February 3rd, 2010 (09:03 AM). Edited February 3rd, 2010 by Charmageddon.
Charmageddon
Charizard has evolved into ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by raekuul View Post
Charma: Planning on figuring out the enemy movesets one saving throw at a time?
What do you mean? (sorry, I'm tired and slow)

Soo, I waltzed through Mt. Moon with ease, getting Mega Punch and teaching it to Ape Insane. I was overconfident and headed straight to the gym in Cerulean, only to get knocked out by some mook's Goldeen (Supersonic+Peck=Evil).

So I decided to just head up Nugget Bridge, train up a little and... dammit, I always forget that Gary motherfricking Oak turns up here! Luckily, his Spearow had a brain fart and used leer while I Mega Punched him to death. Rattata and Eevee were easy for obvious reasons, and Sandshrew wasn't much cop either. I know I'm gonna hate his Alakzam later.

After clearing Nugget Bridge and chatting to Bill, I went back to the gym at lvl. 27 and made sushi out of that Goldeen. Misty's Staryu was a bit pathetic (one-shotted with Mega Punch), but Starmie put up much more of a fight. It hardened, tackled, and Bubblebeamed me where the sun don't shine, but eventually, I got a critical Mega Punch and down went Starmie. Spurred on by his epic victory, Ape Insane engulfed himself in a bright white light and evolved into Primeape!

I beat the Rocket Grunt and stole the stolen TM, teaching it to AI (like I would give it back to the owners!), then made my way to Vermillion. I'm about to wipe out everyone on the SS Anne, then beat up some Electric mouse. I've discovered that some girl by the Cerulean-Vermillion underground path wants to trade me a Machoke for a Cubone, so I won't be getting my second Pokemon until I reach Lavender Town (else I won't be able to get Machamp). I started on Platinum too and made my way to Floaroma, so I have time to get myself an early Heracross (hands up who hates honey trees).

Team so far:

Ape Insane (Primeape)

lvl. 29 (37 after edit)
- Mega Punch
- Low Kick
- Karate Chop
- Dig
I've always underestimated Primeape, he can hit things fast and hard, so I'm OHKOing most opponents.

EDIT: I've wiped out SS Anne and Lt. Surge, and reached Rock Tunnel. Nothing really to note, my rival was horribly underlevelled (or possibly I am overlevelled), and Dig is quite overpowered in Gen I. I taught Seismic Toss over Karate Chop, but I wasn't sure whether to add Thunderbolt or not. None of my other Pokemon can learn it and it's a great move, but I wasn't sure whether Primeape's special was high enough or not. What do you guys think?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links