The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 14th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Yes im back again with more ideas. I know i know you guys might be pissed off at the sheer amount of these but im only trying to think of ways to make the forums better or more helpful. Well now whats my idea?
New user ranks. Oh god not these again. Yes these again. I think though this time it could work. Ok for those in the hacking sections and game making sections that have made a completed hack or game could have a nice little thing like the supporter or mod title thing under there names that says sucsessful hack completer or some sorts. Why? Well for them to be known for there excellent work. I know a bit weak but meh. I got more.
Subtitles for threads that can be edited at will. Like for sig shops you could havbe open or closed and for hacks like beta 1 released or hack complete.

Bash or support ymy ideas i dont give anymore i just want to help the site.
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
This is... a very good Idea.

However, there is a system in process called "Emblems". They are like "Medals" given to members that do or have accomplished something.

Although, this is good too.
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Mitchman

Advanced K9 are you releasing info you shouldnt be releasing? Anyway ok hmm i could see how that coud work. Intresatin and thank you for telling us this.
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
Ironically, we're working on a system just like this. AdvancedK9 mentioned it, it's an "emblem" system we're going to be starting soon.

Basically, there'll be certain tasks on the forums that you can do to get "achievements" listed in your profile. There are some that you get for having certain post counts (5000, 10000, etc.), some are forum specific like you mentioned (ROM Hacking awards, writing awards, art awards, etc.), and then there are even more that we're working on that are different from anything else.

Right now we're really close to be done, there's only a few more things we need to do before we start handing them out. :3 There'll be a thread in the Community Announcements forum when we're finished.
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Naw, everyone knows because of a thread a few days ago.

But there could be titles for Activity or something.
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Franceschi
a.k.a justin timberlake

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Franceschi Send a message via Skype™ to Franceschi
Actually, there's already been a discussion about emblems and some users have them.
I suggest looking at Erica's profile to understand them - plus, she has the largest amount.

Audy beat me. :[

I'm not sure whether this is an entirely good idea or not. Supporters and staff enjoy having their userbars - they also help people to find us. If everyone had userbars it could be really confusing, not to mention hard work on the people in charge of it. They'd be getting requests all the time for changes and additions.
On the other hand, I think it would be nice for people who own games/hacks/shops to have something indicating whether it's in the process, finished, open or closed. But for the moment, I think it's a better idea to just add it to your signature or somewhere where it can be easily found.

Old December 14th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Mitchman

Aha didnt know that sorry! So wait say you have 3000 posts would you get an emblem? would you get it for stuff like having 5 popular threads or being online over 2000 hours total?
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchman Is View Post
Aha didnt know that sorry! So wait say you have 3000 posts would you get an emblem? would you get it for stuff like having 5 popular threads or being online over 2000 hours total?
More will be explained once we finish the system and announce it. There'll be some emblems like that, yes, but most of them we aren't going to tell you about. There'll be a lot of secret ones that you'll only know exist once you accidentally get them.
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Mitchman

Oh my god that will make this forums so nice and more fun. Thanks for now making me get even more addicted to pc. Hopefully there isnt a badge for those who survived 2-3 bans. And the default known ones will be in the faq right? I cant believe this is true...
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Heartless33
Master Cloner

How will you know when someone gets like a award....let me put it this way if someone did something that is an award like a secret or something like you said how will you know they actually did deserve it I mean there's like over millions of members here and you might skip one?

FC:4553-7799-6092
Warning I will not pay any medical bells that you recieve after are battle.

You can come here if you want to start a new forum and gladly accepting members and staff's.
http://pok233land.proboards.com/index.cgi

Also learn more about pokemon glacier here.
http://stoneglacier.webs.com/apps/forums/
Old December 14th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

That'll be explained more in the announcement when the time comes. :3
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links